Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It definitely sucks and the only company who's ever done it right is Microsoft but they only did it bc they basically exited software development too. I wish everything had the 360 back compat stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Is there any way to get your downloaded games off a damaged 3ds?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can do a system transfer. If it doesn't turn on you can still do it, I think you have to call Nintendo and if they have the serial number they can confirm the purchases or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure you can also just redownload anything on a different device with the same account, if you don't want to transfer everything.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i thought the new nintendo account stuff fixed that, idk

most of my 3ds games are carts anyways because those actually went on sale

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
keep your old consoles people

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I had no idea any of that was possible tbh, I just figured it was gone

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I'm pretty sure you can also just redownload anything on a different device with the same account, if you don't want to transfer everything.

You used to not be able to do this on 3DS without calling Nintendo and having them unlink your account from your old 3DS but maybe that's changed. Transferring is definitely the only way to keep your saves tho

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kurtofan posted:

keep your old consoles people

This.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

But if you don’t give them to me.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ghosts n goblins is such loving horseshit. game truly deserves to be abused with save states

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm sure they're saving some of the good games for later, like castlevania, punch out, smb2, kirbys adventure, etc but I hope they've also rejected the slow rear end pace they used to put these things out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I prefer the version in Resident Evil Revelations 2 where you play as Barry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

i'm sure they're saving some of the good games for later, like castlevania, punch out, smb2, kirbys adventure, etc but I hope they've also rejected the slow rear end pace they used to put these things out

They're adding 3 games a month

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
3 NES games a month isn't gonna cut it. They need to start putting out like 15-20 a month and also hinting at SNES/GB/GBA to get people to give a gently caress about this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zas posted:

itll be even slower cuz they arent getting paid for each now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

itll be even slower cuz they arent getting paid for each now

Yeah lol. They've only listed through November iirc...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're also never going to update Splatoon again bc theydont need to. They had that single player dlc to justify another year of support but now they don't need to do anything ever and they'll make 10x as much money as they did on developing that stuff. They'll just cash checks off japanese moms

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i doubt they really care if people "giver a gently caress" about it, its a little feature to list on the online cards on store shelves so people feel less bad about having to pay for online lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Zas posted:

theyve already announced the games for the rest of the year

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
christmas vacation playing adventures of lolo what is this freakin 1989

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

noooo.

well on a better note the xb2 expansion is actually really good, better than the base game, for anyone who cares about that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tecmo like yeah sure whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

better than the base game, for anyone who cares about that

Whoa

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The NES version of Wario's Woods, what the gently caress

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

ghosts n goblins is such loving horseshit. game truly deserves to be abused with save states

I can’t even get through the second loop with a save state lol

absolutely anything posted:

oh poo poo both Adventures of Lolo and Wario’s Woods in ONE MONTH?!?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was going to say I miss the style of puzzle game that makes up whatever genre Solomon's Key and Adventure of Lolo are part of, but then I remembered Braid and now I don't miss it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

warios woods also sucks, nintendo couldnt make a puzzle game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

3 NES games a month isn't gonna cut it. They need to start putting out like 15-20 a month and also hinting at SNES/GB/GBA to get people to give a gently caress about this.

This

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wario's Woods is good but only on SNES.

However, it does a terrible job of explaining itself or its mechanics or your goals at all, so I get why a lot of people wouldn't enjoy it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

not everyone agrees, but the stuff i love - the environments and the music - are amazing and there is a lot less bullshit.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is the inverse of the PS2 Holiday 2001 image

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Do any of these NES games have weird additions other than online MP. I swear that I saw that Zelda 1 was a "special version" or something like that, same with a few other games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

interesting that its called TwinBee and not Stinger, wonder fi they did that on virtual console

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The good news is if you don't care about Splatoon or Smash you can safely ignore this new "feature"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're all the base games. Pretty sure the press release was just specifying the single player games with an (SP) at the end of the title so people were thinking they were special editions or something.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Yikes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The good news is if you don't care about Splatoon or Smash you can safely ignore this new "feature"

Mario Kart and MonHun are the other big ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay gating Mario Kart behind a paywall is a serious crime. I imagine the same will be true for AC