Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
That is some aggressive font usage drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are the three youth pastors there to try getting dates from the three high-school juniors?

We all knows Loomer is striking out with foam hat man.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's aggressive facetuning and DNR with Loomer.
Or am I confusing her with "Huge ashkenazi jugs" Lara?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

ekuNNN posted:

A twitter poll of totally not nazis just casually admitting that what antifa has been doing works

P0C violence

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

business hammocks posted:

Are the three youth pastors there to try getting dates from the three high-school juniors?

We all knows Loomer is striking out with foam hat man.

Nah, that’s way too old for those pastors and you know it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Nah, that’s way too old for those pastors and you know it.

Pastors are protestant, not catholic

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Protestants are ephebophiles, see?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Schisming until they're atomized, Protestant churches deprive pastors of coverup mechanism that Catholic Church provides to our shittiests priests, leaving only twitter conservatives, people who vote for pedo congresmen and Rod Dreher (or whoever admitted that he was abused by boys as a 17yo) to rise to defend them.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Mary Annette posted:

Three youth pastors, three high school juniors, a guy who wandered away from the state fair, and Laura Loomer.

P sure the future will refuse to change.

Haha I bet they are Minute Men too.

Tiny little minute men.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

there is some interesting gender politics in the fact the women all have glamour photos and the men all have driver license photos

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

there is some interesting gender politics in the fact the women all have glamour photos and the men all have driver license photos

really? laci seems to be the only one with the outright glamour shot. the rest look like bad dating profile pics.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
According to D&D alignment rules, Loomer is True Neutral.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wait is that one guy wearing a high school football jersey? Please tell me that's his thing and he wears it to events.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I did not know that 3-D Gun Pedo was also the Hatreon guy.

You truly stick up for the worst people in this world, mate.

ekuNNN posted:

A twitter poll of totally not nazis just casually admitting that what antifa has been doing works

Why...why does he have a problem with intersex 'culture' specifically? I mean, nazi, but like are they really just furious at people born with XXY chromosomes or whatever?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Niwrad posted:

Wait is that one guy wearing a high school football jersey? Please tell me that's his thing and he wears it to events.

Is that the guy whose brother was killed in [mass shooting event 627-June] and he's trying to Chudgrift?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Hellsau posted:

Why...why does he have a problem with intersex 'culture' specifically? I mean, nazi, but like are they really just furious at people born with XXY chromosomes or whatever?

they are different = bad and must be purged

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Low key best for the fact his code name is a japanese samurai movie

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lohli posted:

The second one looks like the usual case of TYT being disingenuous hacks when they don't like someone, Rubin isn't saying "it's right and just to blow up schools and hospitals because they're filled with those damned dirty Palestinian civilians", he's arguing the point that you can't just not retaliate because the guys firing rockets over the border are doing it from a school building and that the war crimes being committed in the first instance are the use of human shields.

ahahaha, literally this comic

gently caress you.

EDIT: beaten

Grape has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Sep 19, 2018

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Nazis love killing people on the basis of their chromosomes or on the basis of what they think is determined by chromosomes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/09/judge-orders-cody-wilsons-arrest-demands-pictures-of-his-upper-legs/

We got us another gross junk to laugh at:

"Upon Wilson’s arrest, Travis County Magistrate Judge Tamara Needles also ordered that police take photographs of the inside of Wilson’s 'upper legs,' presumably as a way that he can be identified by the victim. Wilson apparently has a 'uniquely identifiable skin condition' according to court documents."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The fonts are the most offensive thing about it, yeah.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Hellsau posted:

"interemsex culture" = "reminding cis ppl that intersex people exist, thus complicating their mental model of There Are Exactly Two, Fully Binary Sexes and correcting them in public which is the worst possible thing that could happen"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lohli posted:

I thought these were going to be some kind of great smoking gun finally revealing Rubin to be some kind of rear end in a top hat. The first one is just that he was aiming for big money from a hosting job, if 30 minutes a week is literally all he did there then fine shitcan him and call him greedy, but considering that hosts as the face of programs are generally very well paid and the fact that TYT's revenues are something like $500,000 a month someone asking for 6-figures a (presumably)year for a hosting job isn't that strange.

The second one looks like the usual case of TYT being disingenuous hacks when they don't like someone, Rubin isn't saying "it's right and just to blow up schools and hospitals because they're filled with those damned dirty Palestinian civilians", he's arguing the point that you can't just not retaliate because the guys firing rockets over the border are doing it from a school building and that the war crimes being committed in the first instance are the use of human shields.

The militant groups that do that are the real world version of this guy:

The actual video the clip is from is interesting because it has Dore and I think it was Steve Oh basically saying that under no circumstances whatsoever do you target a building with civilians inside, even using a hypothetical of a group like Hamas or Al Qaeda being holed up in a school in the US and firing rockets from it, with Oh saying that he didn't care if it meant his entire family dying. The whole point of taking human shields is that it's a catch-22 and their stance seemed like they were taking the suicidal option of giving the bad guys carte blanche to attack with impunity.

lmao

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Melissa McEwan has blatant emotional issues and is a total control freak on her home blog, this creeps into every other domain of her life with varying results.
It is important to remember when discussing this tweet that the author is a longtime comics blogger who is, to put it mildly, completely loving crazy. She was a part of at least two different 'women writing about comics' blogging communities in the early 2000s and imploded them all, driving some of the women bloggers completely off of the internet, by being insane and horrible about everything ever.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

NorgLyle posted:

It is important to remember when discussing this tweet that the author is a longtime comics blogger who is, to put it mildly, completely loving crazy. She was a part of at least two different 'women writing about comics' blogging communities in the early 2000s and imploded them all, driving some of the women bloggers completely off of the internet, by being insane and horrible about everything ever.

Can we get some details on this?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NorgLyle posted:

She sounds like a massive internet culture warrior who always self-owns. Tell us more.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Mary Annette posted:

Three youth pastors, three high school juniors, a guy who wandered away from the state fair, and Laura Loomer.

P sure the future will refuse to change.

out of middleday hornyness i looked up the girl with the gram model shot

she's the TPUSA Vice Pres and runs the Conservative version of Esquire

literally how to be a hot girl and grift 101

hell ya

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She sounds like a massive internet culture warrior who always self-owns. Tell us more.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That doesn’t seem like a particularly hysterical or unreasonable criticism of a trailer for a movie. Most of the responses seem to be fishing for content for those lucrative “ridiculous outraged SJW” reaction videos that have become a cottage industry for the alt-light set. There’s a good Shaun video about it.

Melissa McEwan is a psychopath and one of those RIDICULIUS OUTRAGED SJW videos come to life

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NorgLyle posted:

I don't have details on this but she's the one who melted down at Chapo because Nick Mullen made a joke about how she was raped after she posted an article where the header was her holding up a card with RAPE on it, and when Felix donated a bunch of money to charity as a mea culpa went WHY DIDNT YOU GIVE IT TO ME

also one time a lady commented that she wished Melissa had a magical elf to help her, seriously, and Melissa freaked out that this was minimizing the work she does

Edit I do want to know about her comics blogging history tho

BENGHAZI 2 has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Sep 19, 2018

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Melissa McEwan is a psychopath and one of those RIDICULIUS OUTRAGED SJW videos come to life

I can believe it, but this post seems pretty mild in expressing a reasonable criticism in clear language.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I can believe it, but this post seems pretty mild in expressing a reasonable criticism in clear language.

The other character who talks is a poc and the entire trailer is about showing, not telling, how badass she is

She can piss up a rope

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ahahahaha sanjuro

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm not sure I'd call it "reasonable," unless you also consider CinemaSins to be reasonable.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Peanut Butler posted:

ahahahaha sanjuro

chuds love Toshiro Mifune

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

brb gonna gently caress some children under the codename Kagemusha

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At best its incompetent and disingenuous cultural criticism though. Like, I more offended as a critical theorist than anything. Its completely devoid of any meaningful context into which the observation can even be argued to have a valid connection to issues of female representation and the second someone respectfully disagreed with her she said they were complicit in the elimination of female voices in media.

This is the laziest and most worthless kind of cultural analysis and doesn't actually contribute to a larger perspective on the issue in any meaningful way. And, as I said, that is under the most generous interpretation of her motives.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

chuds love Toshiro Mifune

What, why?

I like those old samurai movies. :saddowns:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Morphix posted:

out of middleday hornyness i looked up the girl with the gram model shot

she's the TPUSA Vice Pres and runs the Conservative version of Esquire

literally how to be a hot girl and grift 101

hell ya

i too get really hot and curious over people who look like 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hm yes why would chuds like violent movies about men dispensing justice on their own accord while following an obtuse code of honor