Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

There is good buttrock. A lot of previous DMC tracks are good buttrock. Stuff like the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack is essentially buttrock perfected. This is just a straight up bad song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Big Scary Owl posted:

Maybe it's not too late to change it. I mean, they could at least remix it or something if the reception gets really negative and they see it. I doubt they would though.

Well the vocalist sexually assaulted a 16-17 year old last year or so. Sooooo.

http://loudwire.com/suicide-silence-eddie-hermida-apology-accused-sexual-misconduct/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I gave that track another listen and loving hell is it terrible.
I think I'd rather have DmC's Never Surrender instead, as much as it pains me to say that.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It's a really bad track. I thought nothing could justify the whiny baby reactions it got, but nope, there's no way that can be fun to listen while playing as Dante.

Also, CAPCOM really needs to get better at checking who they collaborate with, given the allegations against the singer.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They wrote the song about DmC Dante because they didn't know the difference

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
nu metal is not the same as buttrock

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC3 and 4 do a good job with making tracks like this that aren't overpowering or abjectly lovely sounding. They're not amazing tracks outside of the game (Except Divine Hate, that track is legit really good), but they are fine and work and help define a sound and tone for Dante. This is going like 10 rungs higher and is more akin to the music you'd loving hear in DmC when they wanted you to think cursing and union jack wearing Dante was cool.

TriffTshngo posted:

There's zero trace of irony in what I said. The song is garbage just like every other battle theme from DMC1-4 and that's exactly what Dante's battle music should be. I love it that way.

Lock & Load and Divine Hatred are legitimately good tracks and you can gently caress off if you're seriously trying to make this argument that DMC battle music has never been good in a series with Swipe of Sword, Ragnarok, and literally any track made for any of Vergil's boss fights including the Nelo Angelo ones.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
every time dmc music comes up people say dmc music has always been bad and i never understand

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MagusDraco posted:

http://loudwire.com/suicide-silence-eddie-hermida-apology-accused-sexual-misconduct/

:eyepop:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Hm this isn't as good as Devil Trigger but it's still alright I supp---

MagusDraco posted:

:yikes:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MagusDraco posted:

WHY. IS IT SO. HARD. TO NOT RAPE A PERSON.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.codymatthewjohnson.com/...Dstyle-j5b1xvaj

:thunk:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This song would be better if there were more deep-voice screamo instead of high-pitched screamo, but either way this doesn't at all light a candle like Devil Trigger did

Also I was totally right in saying DmC has tainted this game's aesthetic lol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Apparently the song got took down? Just checking my social media feed

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Yup, just checked, it's down from Devil May Cry YT channel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A good sign?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Do the Let It Die thing and get a million bands to record a song titled "Devil May Cry"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DoubleDonut posted:

Do the Let It Die thing and get a million bands to record a song titled "Devil May Cry"

If they got Akira Yamaoka to curate the band list I would be all over that

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shindragon posted:

Apparently the dislike ratio was some insane number and the dirt on the lead singer is getting passed around a lot so yeah, this has been a pretty nutty blowup

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is all a viral marketing campaign for the return of our lord Shooty HG or whatever he called himself

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just rerecord it without the sex offender and I guess they can get a better singer if you want it's not like a care of anything :reject:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
just get a new drat song, it can't be that hard to switch them out

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you pre-order today, you too can arm Nero with a fork arm

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1042608286950776832?s=19

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKp1Hy0pjtw

Dante trailer out. Still has the lovely song unfortunately.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I see something about 2-3 online player thing... co op?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Live Action cutscenes on the deluxe edition? :raise:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It occurs to me that Nero is ALSO a giant nerd. The Red Queen and Blue Rose are both customs jobs that he did himself from scratch. Why isn't he making his own arms?

Though I guess there's a bit of a difference between "screwed a gas tank to a big sword" "drilled a second hole and attached a second hammer" and "ROCKET POWERED FIST"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

glad i got a chance to hear the bad song, now it can go away

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

tfw you get to the end and it's fukcing preorder dlc

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, Adam Driver is in EVERYTHING these days

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did they accidentally reveal the third character at the end there or have they previously had him in a press release? to my knowledge he hasn't been shown in ANY footage or press yet lol

also I hope to god they switch out that song especially given the lovely fucker who sings it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They did the thing I said they should do, Capcom stole my incredibly easy to make idea

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

did they accidentally reveal the third character at the end there or have they previously had him in a press release? to my knowledge he hasn't been shown in ANY footage or press yet lol

also I hope to god they switch out that song especially given the lovely fucker who sings it

uh neither, they intentionally revealed the third character

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

uh neither, they intentionally revealed the third character

whoops only saw the other trailer's end now. Dante looks great though, wonder if he has all the styles intact; kind of hard to tell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They showed off trickster and gunslinger, I don't see why they'd cut the other two.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The Colonel posted:

tfw you get to the end and it's fukcing preorder dlc

it really blows that it's just preorder dlc, but it's still neat anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The song is somehow even worse in gameplay lol