Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lmao Dr. Dis just had a meltdown playing Fortnite again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have never understood getting mad at video games.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gotta get that YouTube view count up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have never understood getting mad at video games.

I can if money is involved.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's just a gimmick

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

el B posted:

It's just a gimmick

Was his estrangement from his wife for trying to dick an internet girl kayfabe too?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's all real to y'all apparently

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Philthy posted:

lmao Dr. Dis just had a meltdown playing Fortnite again

Lol I for real thought "mark" when reading this

I dunno I think he's funny. But I grew up in cod so I like his schtick

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

el B posted:

Lol I for real thought "mark" when reading this

I dunno I think he's funny. But I grew up in cod so I like his schtick

Yeah, I love when he gets killed by a Chinese player and says "Ting tong wing wong"

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
https://youtu.be/QZkVmNtytzM

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I'm looking forward to today's patch. New LTM, port-a-fortress seems like harmless fun, new skins leaking, hopefully the change to make console edit times faster makes it in.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kiranamos posted:

Yeah, I love when he gets killed by a Chinese player and says "Ting tong wing wong"

u just don't understand irony, it's just a shtick

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
YES FINALLY TIER 100 Take that stupid 'kill people with guns that suck' challenges'.

triple bonus for a- knocking down with a sniper rifle, b-finishing off with a pistol, and c- knocking AND finishing down a second with an AR so that was like 20 points right there.

Also I swear NOBODY ever comes to Tomato Temple. Its like the opposite of Lucky Links- where if you're LUCKY you land right before someone shoots you in the face. Tomato temple I could dance on top of it and nothing.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Tar_Squid posted:

Also I swear NOBODY ever comes to Tomato Temple. Its like the opposite of Lucky Links- where if you're LUCKY you land right before someone shoots you in the face. Tomato temple I could dance on top of it and nothing.

Can you stop being LAZY and learn the actual name of the golf course?!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-41?sessionInvalidated=true

Port-a-Fortress looks good. Builds instantly too.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thats one way to up-your-game after the release of Blackout. My spies say that Blackout don't suck, so a lot of kids are going to move to it.

Maybe they should have used this opportunity to introduce Battle Royale players to tier 3 walls, but maybe the netcode is optimized to only 1 tier of walls, so I dunno.

Buildings are not has useful as used to be, when people are really good at rushing constructions, or even destroying them. A grenade that deploy a spike trap would be 3000% times more useful than this.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
it'll be interesting to see how they get used in the fall skirmish & scrim matches. That's a lot of area you can cover in your own metal, especially if you can carry more than one in a stack.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

All you guys having trouble with the kill challenges: You must unlearn what you have learned. That is, abandon your better senses from every other shooter, and hold that trigger down like a noob.

Friday nights dont work for me for any kind of meetup. But any other night is good. Weeknights are best.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

quote:

The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.

That change lasted long.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

interpunct posted:

The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.

Why did they change this? Was it causing problems?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Orange Sunshine posted:

Why did they change this? Was it causing problems?

Sounds like it had some issues, where builds within the circle would still get destroyed sometimes and it wasn't possible to tell whether or not that would be the case beforehand.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

parasyte posted:

Sounds like it had some issues, where builds within the circle would still get destroyed sometimes and it wasn't possible to tell whether or not that would be the case beforehand.

Yeah it would destroy structures that had a corner peaking into the storm. A nasty surprise for a couple of friends causing them to lose a duos.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

monkeu posted:

Can you stop being LAZY and learn the actual name of the golf course?!

I had some problems with the Lazy Landing kill for the last challenge I needed, but I managed to get 2 last night.
Apparently the hill north of the temple and halfway to Fatal Fields still counts.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it would destroy structures that had a corner peaking into the storm. A nasty surprise for a couple of friends causing them to lose a duos.

I hope they can work that part out to avoid surprise destruction but bring back the general idea I thought i was a nice twist and not jist because it won me a few games.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its all starting to come together now and I no longer feel like a gimp gently caress. Had back to back wins today with my buddy on xbox, another yesterday. We got down to 2 on 1 in the last game today and I was growing impatient with the guy who kept building as we blew down his walls, we were in great position in the circle so he was hosed regardless. I had a rift in a bottle so I decided to fly over to him. Forgot that it would pull my buddy into it too. That little gaffe could have cost us a sure win but I managed to shred the guy half to death and then he killed himself trying to RPG me. I just really feel more confident now in my shooting. Still dont build poo poo.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Had my best win last night. 9 kills. Started at Lazy, got three kills with sub machine gun and AR, than took out two guys with the AR at long distance. Finally, took out a guy at the dinner with legendary double barreled shotgun, used a trap on another guy, and killed the last two with shotgun blasts to the face. Very satisfying.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
When you're killing people and riding the loot and adrenaline train, this game is amazing. The hit sounds, damage numbers, eliminated text and colorful loot pinata burst all add up to satisfying frag feedback. But man, dying sucks.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ok, which one of you did this?

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Fortnite-Arrest-Long-Island-Huntington-Gaming-Xbox-NY-New-York-493616081.html

quote:

Fortnite Match Loser Threatens to Shoot 11-Year-Old Boy

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Port-a-fortress is really reshaping how 50 v 50 plays out. The port-a-forts could be handy but the fortress is way more defensible, especially in soaring 50s with the bounce pads on the edges.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I found one in the second chest I opened in my first game after the update yesterday. Used it shortly thereafter to sheath my duo partner as I revived him. Went on to win that game!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Spacedad posted:

Port-a-fortress is really reshaping how 50 v 50 plays out. The port-a-forts could be handy but the fortress is way more defensible, especially in soaring 50s with the bounce pads on the edges.

It's a good way to get half of the enemy team to shoot at you while the other half builds up the side to suddenly appear behind you.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So it turns out that The Cube was made out of bouncy sugar.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

It's just a gimmick

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

codo27 posted:

All you guys having trouble with the kill challenges: You must unlearn what you have learned. That is, abandon your better senses from every other shooter, and hold that trigger down like a noob.

Eh, I would caution against this. At least for ARs! I still tap at medium range.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

So it turns out that The Cube was made out of bouncy sugar.

Must have missed the event. I saw a pic of some purple goop so I'm assuming it broke open and spread everywhere?

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
If you want to buy one skin (other than tomato head) in the game and leave it at that, the soccer skins are pretty excellent. You buy one body but then you can choose the uniform colors from like 24 country patterns at any time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So are Save the World husks gonna be coming out of Loot Lake now and disperse themselves over the map?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Kiranamos posted:

Must have missed the event. I saw a pic of some purple goop so I'm assuming it broke open and spread everywhere?

It kinda ... melted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdS1sR5caTE

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
For those who don't know, the cube melted into Loot Lake and turned the entire lake into the cube material. Now you can bounce across the lake at high speed. Which makes the lake vastly easier to cross than it was before, as it won't be easy to snipe you from a distance when you're moving across the thing so fast.

I bounced back and forth across it, along with other people, until someone killed me. It was amusing, because then he tried to pick up my loot, and realized he couldn't as he couldn't stop bouncing. So he had to go knock down some trees to get the material to build a bridge out, all so he could pick up my 10 bullets and a pistol or whatever I had.

Here's a link to a video of the cube melting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/9h8imf/kevin_overcame_his_fears_and_made_a_bounce_lake/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This was no rocket launch.