Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I came to post that the iPhone 8 Plus glitch where it always says “preview” until you go back and tap post again is still a thing, but it’s not a thing right now so uh never mind maybe

Also the way I would fix it is for some reason it works fine in landscape mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Haven’t crashed since the latest beta. I also upgraded to ios 12 overnight, so I can’t say for sure it’s the beta, but it’s way more stable.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, you nailed it Pokeypal.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Actually managed to post a photo without the copy paste method on 12, super happy so far

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I've experienced a few crashes this last beta when I've come back into the app after a while and tried to open a thread from bookmarks.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Never leave the app for more than a minute. Done and dusted.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I tried this but the app spat me out on to my home screen again

E: This was on an old iPhone 5. On a newer one now and not getting any issues.

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 21, 2018

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I opened the app, the bookmarks screen loaded, I tried to swipe to refresh before the app did, and crashed to the home screen.
Opened the app again, bookmarks screen loaded and immediately kicked me out to the home screen.
Opened the app a third time, loaded the main forums page, no crash.

I'm on 3.38, I don't think that's a beta?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Yay, version 3.39 just popped up on the App Store.

Twitter vids still kinda janky, GIFs okay.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 20, 2018

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Every thread I try to load that's been cached causes the app to crash in 3.39. I can keep clearing the cache every time I load up the app for now I guess

edit: now it's even happening to forums, and threads after clearing the cache.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 21, 2018

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
I'm getting the same sort of thing after the update: the first thread I open loads fine, but trying to open another thread always causes a crash. Manually quitting and reopening allows me to open a different thread, but going to open another again causes a crash. Not sure if it's related to me still running iOS 10.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Seeing the same thing here. Clearing cache or re-installing the app fixes it temporarily, but read a few threads and it will start crashing any time you try to open a new thread.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That’s not good—especially since I don’t see it on my devices so I don’t have an idea what is causing it. Pokeyman is there a way to get a stack trace from someone who is seeing it?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

on the plus side, looking good on the new phones!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

carry on then posted:

on the plus side, looking good on the new phones!

Don’t you mean on the Max side?? :haw:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The grey bar is back, and bigger than ever.

Swapping to an XS Maxxxxxx on Monday so we'll see if that fixes it.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

heeheex2 posted:

I came to post that the iPhone 8 Plus glitch where it always says “preview” until you go back and tap post again is still a thing, but it’s not a thing right now so uh never mind maybe

Also the way I would fix it is for some reason it works fine in landscape mode

It comes and goes. Someday it'll hopefully just go!

carry on then posted:

That’s not good—especially since I don’t see it on my devices so I don’t have an idea what is causing it. Pokeyman is there a way to get a stack trace from someone who is seeing it?

Crashlytics has it. My "fix" for the memory leak broke in the other direction. I'll take a look this weekend.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

Crashlytics has it. My "fix" for the memory leak broke in the other direction. I'll take a look this weekend.

That fix was hot awesome on beta, FWIW.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jigsaw posted:

I'm getting the same sort of thing after the update: the first thread I open loads fine, but trying to open another thread always causes a crash. Manually quitting and reopening allows me to open a different thread, but going to open another again causes a crash. Not sure if it's related to me still running iOS 10.

Not to belabor the point but having the same issue on my iPad with iOS 10

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm crashing like all the time now trying to go to my bookmarked threads on my iPod Touch 6th Gen (on iOS 10.3.3).
EDIT: also happening on my iPad Air, same iOS.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 22, 2018

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Only solution I've found once the crashing starts is to re-open the app, force close it, then re-open. This will get you back to the main forum listing and you'll be able to open new threads for a bit.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The app just deadass doesn't work on my iPhone SE now. I get to look at my bookmarked threads without interacting or reloading for about three seconds before it crashes. Force-closing, power cycling, and reinstalling do nothing.

EDIT: Literally as soon as I posted this it started working again. So the fix seems to be snitching on the app to let it know you're onto its shenanigans.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Not working for me since latest update. I can sometimes reload to the main forums page but I can't click on anything without the app crashing. Force closing doesn't work at all.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
App is working but twitter links aren’t loading automatically.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Coq au Nandos posted:

The grey bar is back, and bigger than ever.

Swapping to an XS Maxxxxxx on Monday so we'll see if that fixes it.

Probably won't fix it for good, but might happen less often?

Subjunctive posted:

That fix was hot awesome on beta, FWIW.

Got lucky then. (Worked ok for me too.)

JazzFlight posted:

I'm crashing like all the time now trying to go to my bookmarked threads on my iPod Touch 6th Gen (on iOS 10.3.3).
EDIT: also happening on my iPad Air, same iOS.

Fix is out now, sorry team!

monkeytennis posted:

App is working but twitter links aren’t loading automatically.

I don't think I've changed anything there recently. Is it all threads or just particular threads? Or certain pages of particular threads?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

pokeyman posted:

I don't think I've changed anything there recently. Is it all threads or just particular threads? Or certain pages of particular threads?

If a post is deleted it fails to load all of the twitter posts on a page.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just updated the app on 10.3.3 and it's crashing trying to open yospics

e: it's crashing on everything

Phone fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 24, 2018

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Latest update working fine so far

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Running iOS 12 on an old rear end phone and the app is humming along great

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
3.4 works! Thanks!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

3.40 working okay on my iOS 12 7+

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Weird bug that I don't know if you can do anything with:

Sometimes the keyboard will not autocorrect the last word in a reply preview, but it'll post with it autocorrected.

EDIT: it might be not the last word in the reply (especially with punctuation), but the last word you typed into the reply, wherever it is within the reply, if you haven't punctuated or moved the cursor off of it.

Trying to figure out if this is just me. This raises concerns with the accuracy of post previews.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 24, 2018

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is it possible to make the “pull up for next page” less touchy? A lot of times when I’m scrolling through a thread, just scrolling to the bottom will trigger it and I’ll miss the last post-two on that page

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Sockser posted:

Is it possible to make the “pull up for next page” less touchy? A lot of times when I’m scrolling through a thread, just scrolling to the bottom will trigger it and I’ll miss the last post-two on that page

I feel like I run into this a lot.

Having to pull the page up a bit more to trigger the next page would be awesome.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
This might be more of a phone setting or something but I just switched phones and now all my Twitter links open in a new tab in safari instead of Twitter. I have the option turned on in settings.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

ExCruceLeo posted:

This might be more of a phone setting or something but I just switched phones and now all my Twitter links open in a new tab in safari instead of Twitter. I have the option turned on in settings.

Are Twitter universal links working from other apps? Mine broke for all apps and I had to reset it.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Brain Curry posted:

Are Twitter universal links working from other apps? Mine broke for all apps and I had to reset it.

I did a reinstall on Twitter and it started working. Thanks.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm having an issue in the latest released version where if I start playing a YouTube link in-app I can't get back out to the regular reader view without killing the app and restarting (iPhone X)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BromanderData posted:

I feel like I run into this a lot.

Having to pull the page up a bit more to trigger the next page would be awesome.

This one is in the backlog. At least I think it was acknowledged a ways back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

kimbo305 posted:

This one is in the backlog. At least I think it was acknowledged a ways back.

Yes it is. It’s just not a simple tweak because I think it differs based on device size