Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

They’ll probably have some costumes for beating the game and other costumes for DLC :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Senile uncle Dante's harem keeps growing.

Also if you are not gonna use the motorcycle dual swords as your main weapon what is wrong with you!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
on the one hand I really really really don't like weapons being locked behind DLC

on the other hand is a wad full of cash to pre-order the deluxe edition

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Also, as much as I love Vergil... the fact that they're adding a completely new playable character is actually cooler. We don't know what to expect gameplay-wise or in terms of personality, which is more exciting than another round of I NEED MORE POWER.

V probably has me the most excited about DMC5 yet, to be honest. Introducing Nero in DMC4 was pretty much the right choice for the game and hopefully V adds some fun and interesting new wrinkles to the gameplay as well. In a perfect world Trish and Lady would also be playable but knowing Capcom they'll probably be in a special edition ten years down the line. Or DLC in the less distant future, who knows.

Also I am glad the bad song by the rapist is gone.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is the Deluxe Edition a whole other, more expensive package or is it something you’re upgraded to just for pre-ordering?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Deluxe Edition a more expensive package, but it's 10 bucks more whereas most dexlue editions are basically 90-100 bucks, so this is slightly better but still obnoxious

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Oh meh

Take my $$$ Capcom

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the most annoying thing about this Deluxe Edition nonsense is that I'll need to cancel my pre-order that I made before Amazon axed their 20% Prime discount on pre-orders

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

iirc amazon's 20% discount wouldn't work on deluxe editions anyway

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Given how much they've talked pointedly about chuuni being the DMC original recipe design ethos, and his appearance at the end of Dante's trailer, I kind of expect that V will be smug and slightly pretentious, and possibly either get dunked on constantly by the rest of the cast or dunk on them, depending on how self aware he is

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sharrrk posted:

iirc amazon's 20% discount wouldn't work on deluxe editions anyway

It worked when I pre-ordered the persona 5 deluxe edition, but it's undergone a lot of changes real fast so you may be right

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like Amazon is actually trying to alienate people any way they can the past couple of years

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 20, 2018

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Dante is going to fight capitalism

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Poniard posted:

Dante is going to fight capitalism

Dante is going to be a comrade soon if he can't turn his business around, considering he's always been so bad with money

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope the leak about Alastor being the boss Dante is fighting in the trailer is real because him being voiced by Drew Coombs would be a cool rear end nod.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We now have an official statement on the DMC5 track, btw

It's going out of the game and it's going to stop being used in promotional material from now on and they are looking into new music options

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Captain Baal posted:

It's going out of the game and it's going to stop being used in promotional material from now on and they are looking into new music options

just make Dante's theme Devil Trigger But Louder

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
call up maniac agenda and have them remix lock n' load, problem solved

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get Shootie HG to do a new fuckin song. They hired him for the last two games, that man's basically the DMC music guy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

i'm glad they addressed this so quickly though I imagined they were handling it as the dislikes mounted and word of mouth about the singer spread like wildfire. to their credit it sounds like they are erasing it and will likely replace it with a far better song though I'd be fine if they just gave you an option of using one of the classic music tracks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

Eh, I was kinda gonna give Capcom props on a quick response but the official statement isn't very definitive, all they said is that they won't highlight the theme in promotional material AND they're looking into "possible options" according to their resources. So we ain't outta the water yet, folks.

That being said it's probably easier to just go back to Lock N' Load anyway.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm no big game dev, but I imagine hiring a new performer to compose a new song and all that takes a bit of time and money so they probably can't immediately promise to get a new song prepared and put in the game by release. That said I doubt they want DMC5 to be the game that has a song by a rapist in it so I assume they're looking into having it replaced.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering one of the features of the game is to implement music while performing well it might take some time for the new track to be implemented seamlessly. I’m assuming they are just saying that to cover their butts in the worst case scenario they don’t think they can change it with it being this late into development.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Whenever Devil Trigger is not playing, there is a repeated loop of Itsuno asking "where's Devil Trigger?"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
just replace the vocals with more guitars

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

isn't one of the dlc things specific songs from past games? They could just inject one of those in for Dante. I mean they should just take the L here since the song before was already the bottom of the barrel, it can only go up from here.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just have someone else sing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Worst case scenario they re-record vocals, I'm guessing. It's probably a pain in the rear end to go back and re-do all the implementation taking into account a different track with different instrumentation and vocals and probably even tempo.

The song itself is whatever, all DMC songs are bad so that just solves the scumbag issue and we're good.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it is ok to like things

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

DMC songs are bad

Wrong. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That track was actually alright, it's just the vocals were god awful.
I'd be fine if they just re recorded it with a different singer.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's okay to like schlock because it's schlock too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hell just throw in a song or 2 from Let It Die and call it a day

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Graphics are great but I'm not really a fan of the face scanning for the characters, it makes everything looks really jarring.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a little bit disappointed in the color scheme making dante's coat so flat in color. Come on, give me a vibrant crimson.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Graphics are great but I'm not really a fan of the face scanning for the characters, it makes everything looks really jarring.

I think the faces are okay except for Lady. Girl needs to get a different hairstyle.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone who hates Dirtbag Uncle Dante is a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of, does anyone else find Trish to resemble Mia from Resident Evil 7 a bit too much? Not that it's a problem or even distracting, but it makes me wonder if we're going to see recurring faces in RE7 engine games become a thing