Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

FunkyFjord posted:

It's still a good single target corrosive/blast modded weapon. If there is a damage cap on it then high fire rate weapons would be the way to go, I was just shredding it with a tiberon p on semi auto though. So high damage, hitscan, high fire rate guns are probably going to be best. This would explain why Titania's Dex Pixia work so well.

Outside of that just frames that can boost damage or slow or stun the boss, which is great for new players because Rhino is great for both. Large crowd control stuff is pretty handy for dealing with the constant and increasingly dense stream of infested.

The big advantage of Titania is that you can hover above all of the infested trash mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

gaj70 posted:

The big advantage of Titania is that you can hover above all of the infested trash mobs.

Yep. Had a group that was slowing (or outright stopping) the boss when its face was open, and I would just fill it full of pixie power.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Where do you get the Phylaxis and the Catalysts again?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Nakak sells one, infested lab in the dojo has the other

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Phylaxis bluerpint is from Nakaka or whoever, the mask person. It's like 1000 event rep. Catalyst blueprint is in dojo. If you already did this event and got those blueprints, it's in your gear section of the foundry.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Is Exodia Epidemic worth building at all, and if not what is an exodia worth building if any?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I've got a resource booster and I've been hitting Taveuni pretty hard to reroll this Penta Riven - so far the best I've got is +75 Multishot, +38 Reload Speed, and +63 Cold.

I've toyed around with it, but I'm not sure what I should be going for with this Riven. I'm unsure about multishot, since you can only have so many grenades out at a time, which include multishot duplicates, and with Tether Grenades that's going to limit the area that I can cover. Am I basically just looking for your standard +Dmg, +Elemental mods? I'll have enough Perrin rep in a little while to get the Secura Penta, so some crit bonuses would be nice as well, I guess.

Also, do Mirage's clone-grenade count towards the grenade total? If so I might just forget the whole thing.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 20, 2018

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Don't even bother balancing it for the default Penta - what you want is crit.

Also, big time pro tip from a big time Secura Penta user: tether grenades, punchthrough or any modding dependant on the grenade making contact with a surface prior to detonation is at best a crutch and at worst a mistake. People confuse the Penta for a mine or trap type weapon, when in actuality it's an airburst grenade launcher. Learn to "feel" where the grenade is going before each shot, and always detonate in mid air. I have my second trigger on my middle mouse button, so as soon as I launch a grenade I can move my finger to the detonator. You'll get better at managing bouncebacks and bad leading shots with experience, and once you've got it down to the point where it's just instinct, it's just so satisfying. There's nothing else quite like it in Warframe :D

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I have a penta riven that adds mag size and it appears on the model, so I’ve got a huge mag of like 11 grenades or something

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

hup posted:

I have a penta riven that adds mag size and it appears on the model, so I’ve got a huge mag of like 11 grenades or something

Please post a screenshot of this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I remember seeing something about that a while back, it's great

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MORE AMMO

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

:neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

What other weapons do this? Displaying the extended (or reduced) mag graphically?

Edit: Wiki had the answer:

quote:

While weapons like Twin Gremlins and Soma also have animated magazines, the Penta and Secura Penta are the first and currently only weapons for which the magazine becomes visibly larger as magazine capacity is increased. With high enough capacity the magazine will protrude from the bottom of the weapon.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 20, 2018

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Wait, the extra mag capacity shows on the weapon? That's really awesome. Almost a reason to want a Secura Penta ...

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I discovered I really love polearm animations, they feel really satisfying to use. I feel like slapping a potato on one, but I love both the Guandao and Orthos Prime. Kind of leaning towards Orthos because its shiny and faster.

Is there another polearm thats better I could work towards? (currently MR 9).

Also found myself in possession of 2 full Mirage and Banshee Prime sets somehow, on top of all the other warframes I currently have cooking. Too many! I want to keep playing Oberon or Ivara and feeling guilt at unmastered warframes stacking up in the foundry. I now understand the "don't spend plat on warframes" advice. I have a buddy who just started and I wish I could toss him my spare prime sets but both of them are MR 8 locked and it'll take him a while to get there.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I discovered I really love polearm animations, they feel really satisfying to use. I feel like slapping a potato on one, but I love both the Guandao and Orthos Prime. Kind of leaning towards Orthos because its shiny and faster.

Is there another polearm thats better I could work towards? (currently MR 9).

A Plague Kripath zaw polearm is the polearm you use to kill an unknowable metagod, because the Guandao was already good enough for killing regular God.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

The Zaw advice is what is given out, and it's probably good. I like my vaykor sydon because it's pretty good, the radial blind is cool though not super effective at high levels. We're also supposedly going to get Melee 3.0 so I haven't been going out of my way to build zaws yet. Go build that Plague Kripath zaw polearm since the event is here to get the plague parts.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
No plague event on consoles yet :smith: (PS4 player)

I'll keep an eye out though. I really should screw around in Cetus some more, I've just been rushing my way through the star chart. Climbed out of Uranus finally yesterday, and blew past everything in Neptune so quick afterwards. I think I have stockholm syndrome though because I actually really enjoyed Uranus and the Sealab tileset. Cool environments and Arcwing is wonky but its not the worst (the worst are the Saturn and Phonos arcwing nodes that I still have no way to beat). Kind of disappointing going back to the regular Corpus tilesets in Neptune, although I did see one new one in a Dark Sector (infested Corpus ship).

Just need to start Second Dream but I'm scared. Also I haven't beaten regular stalker yet and I heard he upgrades after Second Dream. I've seen him twice, and without having looked up what he did I died to him twice...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

he becomes significantly easier to deal with based on stuff that happens in Second Dream, if that helps you any

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Psion posted:

he becomes significantly easier to deal with based on stuff that happens in Second Dream, if that helps you any

And if anything, his moves get a lot more telegraphed in the new form. Can you jump? You should be fine.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

Lmao that’s like twice as big as mine, but I haven’t tried with the other mag mod

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hup posted:

Lmao that’s like twice as big as mine

I get that a lot, yeah

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

wow

wasn't expecting that level of savagery in the warframe thread but here we are

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:drat:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Brutal.

merry_trootsmas
Apr 10, 2018

Babe Magnet posted:

I get that a lot, yeah

what kind of girls are you dating

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf
tfw u try to pop its glistening magnificence but u just make it angry

Lork fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 20, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Well this thread took a turn.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
guns have always been phallic, its not really new

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Cinnamon Bear posted:

guns have always been phallic, its not really new

and swords. And codpieces. I mean, we got all the phallics in this game.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Whooo boy, this Saryn grind sure is...a thing. I mean it's not even hard to grind out points to get to the boss fight, it's just that I have to grind out points before I can get to the boss fight.

Tangentially related, but really starting to fall in love with Harrow.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Sep 20, 2018

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Harrow is what I need to do to make sniper rifles enjoyable for me to use. But they're very enjoyable with him.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Flytrap posted:

Whooo boy, this Saryn grind sure is...a thing. I mean it's not even hard to grind out points to get to the boss fight, it's just that I have to grind out points before I can get to the boss fight.

Tangentially related, but really starting to fall in love with Harrow.

If it makes you feel better, the arena probably is 'the' spot for endo grinds. And Kela herself also drops several good mods (medi-ray, acid shells) and Twin Kohmak BP (a better-than-average secondary)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Decided to hop on and do some Meso fissures and....got 3/4 of Saryn Prime because my random pub group was full of dudes cracking radiant vaulted relics. :stare:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yesssss! At last! Didn't even need to buy it, it just dropped from a sortie. :)

I said I would get myself a crazy funtime psychedelic disco gun of my very own -- and I have!

I know what you're thinking: needs more forma! It's already bonkers, but there is clearly room for more fire rate and multishot. It really is a shame you can't stick two rivens in one gun...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A half hour of 2 minute runs of Vodyanoi in a well equipped group will get you a lot of endo and enough points to never worry about them again.

The only other issue is that it took me 23 runs to get one systems and I need to go back to get a second one.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Fruity20 posted:

recently got mirage but will have to try her out in the weekend. I don't have time today. is she any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt539fdd2Z8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pervis posted:

What are the must get items from Plague Star? The last one was right after I started so I missed actually using any of my operational supply standing.

Plague Zaw parts and then spend the rest on Wisps.