Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

My RB2 situation was already not ideal, but with Ajayi out it looks fairly dire. I have Bilal Powell but the Thursday start looks risky--if Ajayi can go I want to play him. My only other option is Latavius Murray, who should get good volume against Buffalo but isn't really much of an option against better defenses.

Any sense of whether Ajayi will go? I could try to trade for a RB2 given surpluses at other positions, but who knows if anyone will bite.

There's a sit/start thread that's quite helpful for future questions
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867454

I have the Powell/Ajayi dilemma. I'm starting powell because its ppr. I'd start him in half ppr too, I just want a good floor when I'm subbing a guy for an injured stud. 0 ppr, I'd wait but watch the wire see if clement or someone useful is there. I'd strongly bet they rest Ajayi, they can lean on their D and Wentz and the other RBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Suave Fedora posted:

That’s a great deal. Wait til the TDs catch up to ARob. He’s getting a shitton of targets.

Ok he’s getting many targets. He’s currently WR#13 in targets.

He also has the 13th most airyards, and more airyards than Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Devante Adams and AJ Green.

Hes gonna bounce back bigly

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Should I replace Flacco with Jimmy G (who I presume is going to have a shootout against Mahomes) or Bortles (who just had the best game of his career and probably won't ever repeat it, especially against the Titans)?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Evig Vandrar posted:

Should I replace Flacco with Jimmy G (who I presume is going to have a shootout against Mahomes) or Bortles (who just had the best game of his career and probably won't ever repeat it, especially against the Titans)?

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/1042427619176800256

On a serious note I agree with the first half of your statement. I expect the KC / SF game to be good for both QBs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Drunk Nerds posted:

There's a sit/start thread that's quite helpful for future questions
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867454

I have the Powell/Ajayi dilemma. I'm starting powell because its ppr. I'd start him in half ppr too, I just want a good floor when I'm subbing a guy for an injured stud. 0 ppr, I'd wait but watch the wire see if clement or someone useful is there. I'd strongly bet they rest Ajayi, they can lean on their D and Wentz and the other RBs

Thank you. I had the same thought about Clement but someone already scooped him up. I posted here instead of sit/start because I was trying to brainstorm a trade for a replacement, since I had the same thought about Ajayi. My QB1 is Wilson, but the Seahawks offense is so dreadful that I snagged Fitzpatrick. Since I was already carrying Wentz as my backup, maybe I see if I can package one of those guys to a QB-needy team for some RB depth.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Suave Fedora posted:

Same here, MIN + CHI-hoarding buddy :hf:

It should be pointed out that the Bills have actually scored at least one touchdown this season whereas the Cards.... not so much.

EDIT: Wait, poo poo, I'm dumb, the Cards got a garbage TD week 1.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 20, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

my commissioner removed the IR slot ... Finally, commish also tried to switch from standard waivers to waivers resetting each week but I talked him out of it. I've now patiently let my waiver rank rise from 10 after draft up to 4 ...
Ooh boy, someone just dropped Mixon for Giovani in this setup. Gonna attempt to burn that waiver rank here, wish me luck!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Thank you. I had the same thought about Clement but someone already scooped him up. I posted here instead of sit/start because I was trying to brainstorm a trade for a replacement, since I had the same thought about Ajayi. My QB1 is Wilson, but the Seahawks offense is so dreadful that I snagged Fitzpatrick. Since I was already carrying Wentz as my backup, maybe I see if I can package one of those guys to a QB-needy team for some RB depth.

Eh, if you can get a great trade, go for it. But I wouldn't sweat depth if you are ppr or hppr: Powell is fine for RB2, nothing has said Ajayi wont be full strength for week four, and it's starting to look like Cooks will cede carries to Murray as time goes on.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
What was that Yahoo loophole that allowed you to pick up certain players even after games started?

I remember it being discussed in here last year but can't remember what it was. A few of my leagues moved to Yahoo this year so maybe I can use it if needed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alfalfa posted:

What was that Yahoo loophole that allowed you to pick up certain players even after games started?

I remember it being discussed in here last year but can't remember what it was. A few of my leagues moved to Yahoo this year so maybe I can use it if needed.

You can cut a guy and pick someone up from your bench if his game has started but the guy who you're picking up's game hasn't started yet

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

If I'm rostering Melly Go, I should probably trade one of my 2 identical bench/flex plays in Keelan Cole and Kenny Stills for Ekeler, right?

My WRs are:
- Hill
- Thielen
- Gordon
- Stills
- Cole
- Sutton

I'm leaning to offering Cole for Ekeler. Her WR3s/beyond are:
- Robby Anderson
- Paul Richardson
- Rishard Matthews

and she is starting Robby Anderson in the flex. Gross.

12 team PPR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I think this has been corrected. I tried it week 1 and it wouldn't let me.

Edit: Nevermind, I think the player I tried to do it with was in my starting lineup, not on my bench.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Need some trade advice. I'm being offered Phillip Lindsay and I give up Josh Gordon.

14 team half point PPR. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

My RBs and WRs

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Alex Collins, Theo Riddick, Marlon Mack

WR: Mike Evans, Josh Gordon,  Kenny Golladay, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Marshall, Ted Ginn

My RB position is obviously hurting with Bell out for the foreseeable future. I do have some sort of depth at WR, but not much. The trade seems to make sense at first glance. Gordon has a ton of upside though, but risky as well.

Torn on this one. Thoughts? Pull the trigger or stand pat?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Need some trade advice. I'm being offered Phillip Lindsay and I give up Josh Gordon.

14 team half point PPR. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

My RBs and WRs

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Alex Collins, Theo Riddick, Marlon Mack

WR: Mike Evans, Josh Gordon,  Kenny Golladay, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Marshall, Ted Ginn

My RB position is obviously hurting with Bell out for the foreseeable future. I do have some sort of depth at WR, but not much. The trade seems to make sense at first glance. Gordon has a ton of upside though, but risky as well.

Torn on this one. Thoughts? Pull the trigger or stand pat?

As a Gordon owner, I mash.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There's absolutely no indication Josh Gordon will give anyone any points besides like a 80 yard 1 TD performance in the real world playoffs.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

RCarr posted:

I think this has been corrected. I tried it week 1 and it wouldn't let me.

Edit: Nevermind, I think the player I tried to do it with was in my starting lineup, not on my bench.

Yeah no, it definitely still works. I did it last sunday with John Brown.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

You can cut a guy and pick someone up from your bench if his game has started but the guy who you're picking up's game hasn't started yet

Cut as in swap out or cut as in dump to waivers?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'll do it often especially in my 14 team league that has small benches. If you combine that with not picking up a kicker until the afternoon or evening games, you can churn through several high potential or handcuff players. The last player that I churned in week 1, for instance, was Enunwa.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

Cut as in swap out or cut as in dump to waivers?

Dump to waivers.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Yeah on Yahoo I routinely pick up interesting handcuffs for the Thursday night game and then drop them on Friday for someone else if the starter stayed healthy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah it's not a real bug, it's just that if your guy is on your bench rather than in your starting lineup you're allowed to cut him, whether his game has played or not, and pick up a new guy with a game later in the day.

I utilize this a lot of weeks by dropping my kicker to give an extra guy a bench tryout, then if I need to add some points, I can look over all the guys on my bench trying out for a full-time spot on my team, drop someone who sucked that week, and add a late-playing kicker.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There's absolutely no indication Josh Gordon will give anyone any points besides like a 80 yard 1 TD performance in the real world playoffs.

Sure there is. First of all he was drafted by the Patriots. Whatever demonic pact Tom Brady has signed appears to at least be good through 2018, and more importantly the Patriots are the exact opposite of the Browns when it comes to culture, organization, and coaching competence. While it's entirely possible that Gordon flames out and gets cut, the Patriots aren't stupid and consider him a no-risk lottery ticket. Second he's healthy and the only time there's been a complaint about Josh Gordon's physicality was a report by Albert Breer posted 12 hours ago on how the Browns were frustrated that Gordon wasn't in football shape. I find that hard to believe given how much time the team spent around him without a single report coming out, nor would I expect the Patriots to accept someone who wasn't ready to play. Third while the Browns talk about red flags he continues to pass routine drug tests while under Stage 3 of the program.

So let's assume for a second that the Patriots see something in him, that he's in good physical condition (Gronk and Hightower seem to think so), and that he won't fail a drug test (not impossible). In that case you're talking about a player with immense physical talents who has demonstrated the ability to put up WR1 numbers in an offense that has both the talent and competence to use him. Those are plenty of indicators, and a perfect example of why people continue to keep chasing the dragon every year. I would think that players should view Gordon the same way the Patriots do; as a high upside lottery ticket that can be cut with minimal loss. In my case I traded away Kenny Golladay for Gordon and Cooper Kupp, which should be an indication of where I stand on Gordon.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Having some attachment issues with some dudes I picked up off waivers for some reason.

In half-ppr, just got this offer: I get Gio + Larry Fitzgerald for Quincy Enunwa + Keelan Cole. Enunwa/Cole slot into my WR3 or flex and would be replaced by Fitzgerald. I would not be starting Gio.

Mash, right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

dy. posted:

Having some attachment issues with some dudes I picked up off waivers for some reason.

In half-ppr, just got this offer: I get Gio + Larry Fitzgerald for Quincy Enunwa + Keelan Cole. Enunwa/Cole slot into my WR3 or flex and would be replaced by Fitzgerald. I would not be starting Gio.

Mash, right?

Mash.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

dy. posted:

Mash, right?

Like it was a fuckin potato

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fitz is on a dying offense and Mixon should be back in 2 weeks

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's kind of my struggle here. I have Mixon but am decently deep at RB so don't really need Gio as a fill-in. And the Cardinals just seem like a trash fire. This is killing me because in theory, this should be an easy mash.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When do i start panicking about David Johnson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dy. posted:

Mash, right?

I guess I'm the outlier but I wouldn't mash that.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Oh I've already begun!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I'm confused by the enthusiastic endorsements of that deal. I don't like it at all. What are you supposed to be getting, an RB that's only playing for a few weeks and a receiver that won't necessarily be better than either Keelan or Enunwa? (I like Keelan and Enunwa though...)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would think that players should view Gordon the same way the Patriots do; as a high upside lottery ticket that can be cut with minimal loss.

Sure, but if someone offers you an RB2 with upside for him, you mash

RCarr posted:

I guess I'm the outlier but I wouldn't mash that.

I’d take Fitzgerald over either Enunwa or Cole alone, but not over both. I don’t see him emphatically out producing either of them this year, and they’re both looking like decent WR3s at worst.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IDP question here....

TJ Watt or Reuben Foster?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Week 5.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

IDP question here....

TJ Watt or Reuben Foster?

Unless your scoring settings are super biased towards sacks over tackles, go for Foster

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

sourdough posted:

Unless your scoring settings are super biased towards sacks over tackles, go for Foster

Thanks, was leaning that way, just wanted to be sure.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah I'm confused by the enthusiastic endorsements of that deal. I don't like it at all. What are you supposed to be getting, an RB that's only playing for a few weeks and a receiver that won't necessarily be better than either Keelan or Enunwa? (I like Keelan and Enunwa though...)
I appreciate the thoughts on both sides. Really struggling with this one.

I would rather trade away a RB so thinking about countering with Jamaal Williams + Keelan Cole (or maybe Enunwa depending on who I decide I like less) for Gio + Larry. That would essentially let me keep Fitzgerald on my bench to see if the Cardinals offense wakes up at all.

Does that sound like a better deal?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

dy. posted:

I appreciate the thoughts on both sides.

I would rather trade away a RB. Thinking about countering with Jamaal Williams + Keelan Cole (or maybe Enunwa depending on who I decide I like less) for Gio + Larry. That would essentially let me keep Fitzgerald on my bench to see if the Cardinals offense wakes up at all.

Does that sound like a better deal?

Yes.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Looking for some Dynasty advice.

My team is middling and is stuck getting 5th place the past few years. 10 team, .5 PPR, and we start 2 RB 2 WR 2 flex (not superflex though)

QB: Stafford, Winston, Keenum

RB: Dalvin Cook, Lamar Miller, Alex Collins, Sony Michel, Aaron Jones, Austin Ekelar, Corey Clement

WR: TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Emmanuel Sanders, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Keelan Cole, Zay Jones, James Washington

TE: Jordan Reed, Trey Burton, Jack Doyle

I have a bunch of other guys and we run IDP too, but I'll leave that out.

My question is...does anyone know how the 2019 class is looking? The Kelce owner is looking to sell and I think he wants a first rounder for him. I think I have a bigger need at RB, but I really want a piece of the Mahomes experience and I'm a big Kelce believer. I also believe my team just needs some studs on it--I have solid starters at every position, but no one that goes off for 20-30 points regularly.

Is it a bad idea to trade a first for a 28 year old TE? I'm also 0-2, so at this point my first could be the 1.1 (though Kelce could help me get some wins.)

We don't have any contracts and you just keep all your players, so it's pretty hard to improve teams in this league without making trades. I don't love the idea of trading picks this early in the season and I'm trying to convince him to take some of my WR depth and Burton, and maybe sweeten that with a 2nd or 3rd. But maybe trading for a TE is a luxury I can't afford right now?

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 20, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Butter Hole posted:

Looking for some Dynasty advice.

My team is middling and is stuck getting 5th place the past few years. 10 team, .5 PPR, and we start 2 RB 2 WR 2 flex (not superflex though)

QB: Stafford, Winston, Keenum

RB: Dalvin Cook, Lamar Miller, Alex Collins, Sony Michel, Aaron Jones, Austin Ekelar, Corey Clement

WR: TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Emmanuel Sanders, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones, Keelan Cole, Zay Jones, James Washington

TE: Jordan Reed, Trey Burton, Jack Doyle

I have a bunch of other guys and we run IDP too, but I'll leave that out.

My question is...does anyone know how the 2019 class is looking? The Kelce owner is looking to sell and I think he wants a first rounder for him. I think I have a bigger need at RB, but I really want a piece of the Mahomes experience and I'm a big Kelce believer. I also believe my team just needs some studs on it--I have solid starters at every position, but no one that goes off for 20-30 points regularly.

Is it a bad idea to trade a first for a 28 year old TE? I'm also 0-2, so at this point my first could be the 1.1 (though Kelce could help me get some wins.)

We don't have any contracts and you just keep all your players, so it's pretty hard to improve teams in this league without making trades. I don't love the idea of trading picks this early in the season and I'm trying to convince him to take some of my WR depth and Burton, and maybe sweeten that with a 2nd or 3rd. But maybe trading for a TE is a luxury I can't afford right now?

2019 is a very WR heavy draft class with one or two high end RB's coming out. If you are trying to build for a stacked draft class, 2020 should be your goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone just dropped Alshon in my big money league and I am ready to pounce...with only 4 bench slots though it creates a bit of a dilemma on who to drop. Thoughts?

My bench right now is Dion Lewis, Edelman, Ekeler and Ingram. Not dropping Lewis and Edelmen obvi, and I JUST added Ingram as a stash for his upcoming release from suspension...

Would you drop Ekeler for Alshon?

My starting RBs are Zeke and Thompson this week (RIP McKinnon) and my WRs are Allen, Cooks and Tate.