Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Who would you rather have as your kicker - Gould or Bailey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

trdn89 posted:

Gould

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Someone just dropped Alshon in my big money league and I am ready to pounce...with only 4 bench slots though it creates a bit of a dilemma on who to drop. Thoughts?

My bench right now is Dion Lewis, Edelman, Ekeler and Ingram. Not dropping Lewis and Edelmen obvi, and I JUST added Ingram as a stash for his upcoming release from suspension...

Would you drop Ekeler for Alshon?

My starting RBs are Zeke and Thompson this week (RIP McKinnon) and my WRs are Allen, Cooks and Tate.

This is tough but I think if you're not starting Ekeler, and don't need him, pounce.

trdn89 posted:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1042415506614116352

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sourdough posted:

Sure, but if someone offers you an RB2 with upside for him, you mash

Yes. Yes you do.

weird Asian candy posted:

Someone just dropped Alshon in my big money league and I am ready to pounce...with only 4 bench slots though it creates a bit of a dilemma on who to drop. Thoughts?

My bench right now is Dion Lewis, Edelman, Ekeler and Ingram. Not dropping Lewis and Edelmen obvi, and I JUST added Ingram as a stash for his upcoming release from suspension...

Would you drop Ekeler for Alshon?

My starting RBs are Zeke and Thompson this week (RIP McKinnon) and my WRs are Allen, Cooks and Tate.

Yeah I would drop Ekeler in that case.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Who would you rather have as a stash/bye-player in 0.5ppr.
C. Carson or Ekeler?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
When you're not sure if you'd rather have David Johnson or Adrian Peterson.

2018 Fantasy Football

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Chernabog posted:

C. Carson or Ekeler?

Ekeler, no question.

mid
Aug 2, 2002

Bang.

Chernabog posted:

C. Carson or Ekeler?

Ekeler cause the Seattle run game is a total mess and Ekeler has a lot more upside.

In a 1ppr league, I have to start Crowell over Clement, right?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If Ajayi doesn't play I'd start Clement.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Full PPR, would you rather have Kamara+Cooks or Barkley+Keenan Allen?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Full PPR, would you rather have Kamara+Cooks or Barkley+Keenan Allen?

UGH that's tough. Kamara might be the best player to own in fantasy so far but I think Barkley + Allen have more points at the end of the year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Fitz is on a dying offense and Mixon should be back in 2 weeks

I’m not liking that trade either. My first response was more of a “hold up, we talking two WR1s (on their respective teams) for an old-balls WR in the worst offense in the league and a satellite back whose long-term value production depends on a catastrophic injury to the bellcow? Ehhhh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I would drop Ekeler in that case.

RisqueBarber posted:

This is tough but I think if you're not starting Ekeler, and don't need him, pounce.

Thanks gents, claim submitted.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RisqueBarber posted:

UGH that's tough. Kamara might be the best player to own in fantasy so far but I think Barkley + Allen have more points at the end of the year.

Kind of how I feel, and I'm going to choose to interpret the general lack of responses to mean that people don't really have strong feelings one way or the other.

I'm the Kamara/Cooks owner and the Barkley/Allen owner has expressed concerns about both of them, so if it's viewed as a pretty even trade then I feel like I'm giving up too much. I could potentially offer Watkins or Edelman instead of Cooks.

Or maybe I just sit tight, because it's fun as heck to own Alvin Kamara.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

This. A big part of fantasy for me is watching my dudes scoot around the field like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl :thurman:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Kind of how I feel, and I'm going to choose to interpret the general lack of responses to mean that people don't really have strong feelings one way or the other.

I'm the Kamara/Cooks owner and the Barkley/Allen owner has expressed concerns about both of them, so if it's viewed as a pretty even trade then I feel like I'm giving up too much. I could potentially offer Watkins or Edelman instead of Cooks.

I think you sit tight. Cooks vs Allen has a chance of being really close end of year, look what Cooks has done so far. Then Kamara vs Barkley is less close, even with Ingram back, the Saints offense is just so much more attractive and Kamara has shown he can be a top 5 RB already.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

2019 is a very WR heavy draft class with one or two high end RB's coming out. If you are trying to build for a stacked draft class, 2020 should be your goal.

Thanks, good to know. Maybe I'll try to move some draft capital to get better RBs (or Kelce). My WRs aren't super stellar, but I think good enough between Hilton and Robinson to try and improve elsewhere.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My Adrian Peterson & Keelan Cole for his Carson Wentz & Jay Ajayi?

Team:
QB: Andrew Luck
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: TY Hilton
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Devonta Freeman
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEx: Jarvis Landry

Bench:
Adrian Peterson
Golden Tate
Goodwin
Keelan Cole
Ekheler
Burkhead
B. Marshall
Robby Anderson

?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

89 posted:

Team:

Bench:
Adrian Peterson
Golden Tate
Goodwin
Keelan Cole
Ekheler
Burkhead
B. Marshall
Robby Anderson

?

Well Freeman isn't playing and Ajayi isn't playing so I would at least wait until after this week so you have a starting RB who isn't part of NE or a backup to your other starter.

Overall I wouldn't.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

Well Freeman isn't playing and Ajayi isn't playing so I would at least wait until after this week so you have a starting RB who isn't part of NE or a backup to your other starter.

Overall I wouldn't.

My thoughts with it, I figure I could easily roll by with Ekheler and Gordon for a week, as ridiculous as it sounds. Maybe get lucky with a Burkhead for Clement trade cause the Clement owner is pretty dumb.

But, a bad Eagles game would hurt 3 of my starting players. Although I do feel Wentz finishes a good chunk higher than Luck in this QB bonus league

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

89 posted:

Team:

Bench:
Adrian Peterson
Golden Tate
Goodwin
Keelan Cole
Ekheler
Burkhead
B. Marshall
Robby Anderson

?

Don't do that. 1.) You're losing that trade and 2.) You're putting all your eggs in one basket.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Should I consider benching Rivers in favor of Dalton this week? The Rams D hasn’t given up a passing touchdown yet, so strike against Rivers. Dalton has looked good so far...but it’s Andy Dalton, so that’s not a sure thing.

12 man ppr league.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Don't do that. 1.) You're losing that trade and 2.) You're putting all your eggs in one basket.

Nope.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Wentz is coming off an ACL tear. What makes you think he's going to be better than 40 attempt Luck? See DeShaun Watson. Also, I think Jay Ajayi blows.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

Wentz is coming off an ACL tear. What makes you think he's going to be better than 40 attempt Luck? See DeShaun Watson. Also, I think Jay Ajayi blows.

Sorry, phone posting and quoted the wrong post. I agree with you.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Just got Smith-Schuster in a trade for Fitzgerald because I haven't played him yet. Have Big Ben for QB, with Wentz still in my IR spot. Likely going to swap Juju in for T.Y Hilton for my WR2 spot or maybe put him in the flex this week.
That brings my current lineup to
code:
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR DeAndre Hopkins 
WR T.Y. Hilton 
RB Alvin Kamara 
RB Tevin Coleman
TE Kyle Rudolph
FLX Sammy Watkins 

K Matt Bryant
DST Chicago

BN Sammy Watkins 
BN Joe Mixon 
BN Kerryon Johnson 
BN Randall Cobb 
BN Ted Ginn Jr.
BN JuJu Smith-Schuster
IR Carson Wentz 
I haven't played Johnson, Cobb or Ginn yet. Season is good so far!

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 20, 2018

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Just got Smith-Schuster in a trade for Fitzgerald because I haven't played him yet. Have Big Ben for QB, with Wentz still in my IR spot. Likely going to swap Juju in for T.Y Hilton for my WR2 spot or maybe put him in the flex this week.
That brings my current lineup to
code:
QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR DeAndre Hopkins 
WR T.Y. Hilton 
RB Alvin Kamara 
RB Tevin Coleman
TE Kyle Rudolph
FLX Sammy Watkins 

K Matt Bryant
DST Chicago

BN Sammy Watkins 
BN Joe Mixon 
BN Kerryon Johnson 
BN Randall Cobb 
BN Ted Ginn Jr.
BN JuJu Smith-Schuster
IR Carson Wentz 
I haven't played Johnson, Cobb or Ginn yet. Season is good so far!

God drat that's a fleece.

Fitzgerald has shown absolutely nothing so far so getting Juju who has had 2 good weeks is a huge get. I've been trying to unload Fitzgerald with no luck for the last few days.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Alright alright.

Different team.

My Luck & Crabtree for Watson & Gordon.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

89 posted:

My Luck & Crabtree for Watson & Gordon.

I personally can't trust Luck, but I think this is pretty even.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Should I trade Phillip Lindsay for Golden Tate?

I have Hogan, Crabtree, Ridley, and Dede right now, along with Cook, McCaffrey, Henry, Lindsay, and Latavius. 0 PPR.

My gut is that this is a mash just given that Lindsay is still fairly unknown and Tate is a true WR1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Personally I would especially with those running backs but then again I'm under the assumption that 5'7 185 pound running backs get injured eventually.

I'm not a huge Tate fan but numbers are numbers and it looks like they're going to be attempting a lot of comebacks.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Poque posted:

Should I trade Phillip Lindsay for Golden Tate?

I have Hogan, Crabtree, Ridley, and Dede right now, along with Cook, McCaffrey, Henry, Lindsay, and Latavius. 0 PPR.

My gut is that this is a mash just given that Lindsay is still fairly unknown and Tate is a true WR1.

I would. You're stacked at RB but your WR's look boom or bust.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Gonna do the trade. He just asked to wait until next week though, since we are playing each other this week and I didn't realize that. :)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This week on Terrible League Settings Theater...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha what a joke

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

You know, I actually appreciate that concept. It's always more exciting when you have a player or two in the Monday Nightmare.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That at least spices up an 8 team league.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Poque posted:

Which no one should be in to begin with

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Poque posted:

I'm in an 8 team league where we start 2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2R/W/T, D/ST, and K and it still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happens if you get chosen for a Monday night game or whatever and you don't have anyone on your roster that plays Monday? You have to drop someone to pick up a WR4 or RB3 or something?