Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I oath for September: Inverter / Monitor magnetized, Cinerator Officer, High Exemplar Cyrenia.

Here's my gross desk for Spic and Span

I'm moving in....a week? Yikes. So the clean picture will be at the new place and include a slightly different beige background.

I will have finally have space for a dedicated painting table, and move the computer to a separate desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath to paint two Kastelan Robots with awesome custom heads and pauldrons.

Depending on how fast this goes, I have a bunch of other things I want to get done this month, so I might add on two additional Kastelans or some terrain/game accessories.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath addition!

I oath a further 7 28mm Warlord US Airborne.

Approved (August)

KingMob posted:

September Oath

Aesther Nightshroud (Gloomhaven) and alt-Hexxer (Aristeia!)

Grey Hunter posted:

Imcoming Oath! Zee Germans are coming
1 1915-1918 German Infantry Division, by Baccus Minitures - in glorious 6mm.
That's
172 infantry, 1 Corps HQ, 21 MG stands, 12 artillery an 11 mortar stands plus crew, and three cavalrymen!

Nighttheii posted:

I oath for September: Inverter / Monitor magnetized, Cinerator Officer, High Exemplar Cyrenia.

Here's my gross desk for Spic and Span

I'm moving in....a week? Yikes. So the clean picture will be at the new place and include a slightly different beige background.

I will have finally have space for a dedicated painting table, and move the computer to a separate desk.

Duct Tape posted:

[b]I, Duct Tape, oath to paint two Kastelan Robots with awesome custom heads and pauldrons.

Depending on how fast this goes, I have a bunch of other things I want to get done this month, so I might add on two additional Kastelans or some terrain/game accessories.

Approved

August's stuff should all now be finished off, go double check the Spreadsheet in case I've missed anything! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17l0uEMpeIJ9DCqQMIOo1aX39zre1NFVUiixHS8YfgBs/edit#gid=16

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For August, Galaspar hereby oaths four Plague Marines (GW 28mm)

All converted to some extent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in September
  • 4 Raptors by Stonehaven Miniatures (28mm)
  • 4 Multipart Goblins by Hasslefree Miniatures (28mm)
  • 1 Brontotherium by Acheson Creations (28mm)
  • 1 Ogre plus additional weapon parts from spare Ogre arms by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 Sphinx and 1 Greatsword by Reaper (28mm)

Conversions should be obvious, but if they aren't, the Goblins go on the Raptors, the Ogre goes on the prehistoric rhino, and the Ogre gets magnetised arms to switch between a custom 2 handed weapon, and a custom 1 handed weapon with regular shield.

Lemy Caution
Feb 26, 2011
I, Lemy Caution, oath the following for September:

• One Umbra Legate from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • Two Combined Army Drones from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • Five Rodoks from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • One Imetron from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • One Ikadron from Corvus Belli (28mm)

I'll repost to add one more Ikadron and Imetron once they arrive in the mail this week. No intention to claim the monthly challenge as I'm still very new to the hobby (this is only the second batch of models I've ever painted).

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oathing for September, 1 .... idk, pit fighter thing I guess?

This dude

I converted him from the plastic Commissar (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Officio-Prefectus-Commissar) ages ago. I don't know what he is, but he's cool and a good fit for the theme this month.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do Oath two Pz III's for the month of September! (28mm Italeri/Warlord Games)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For August, Galaspar hereby oaths four Plague Marines (GW 28mm)

All converted to some extent.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in September
  • 4 Raptors by Stonehaven Miniatures (28mm)
  • 4 Multipart Goblins by Hasslefree Miniatures (28mm)
  • 1 Brontotherium by Acheson Creations (28mm)
  • 1 Ogre plus additional weapon parts from spare Ogre arms by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 Sphinx and 1 Greatsword by Reaper (28mm)

Conversions should be obvious, but if they aren't, the Goblins go on the Raptors, the Ogre goes on the prehistoric rhino, and the Ogre gets magnetised arms to switch between a custom 2 handed weapon, and a custom 1 handed weapon with regular shield.

Lemy Caution posted:

I, Lemy Caution, oath the following for September:

• One Umbra Legate from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • Two Combined Army Drones from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • Five Rodoks from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • One Imetron from Corvus Belli (28mm)
  • One Ikadron from Corvus Belli (28mm)

I'll repost to add one more Ikadron and Imetron once they arrive in the mail this week. No intention to claim the monthly challenge as I'm still very new to the hobby (this is only the second batch of models I've ever painted).

Corrode posted:

This dude

I converted him from the plastic Commissar (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Officio-Prefectus-Commissar) ages ago. I don't know what he is, but he's cool and a good fit for the theme this month.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do Oath two Pz III's for the month of September! (28mm Italeri/Warlord Games)

Approved!

----

:siren: August's Gallery is now up :siren: - https://imgur.com/a/MFHaXzB

Please double check I've not missed your pics, it'll be going to the judges next weekend.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 8, 2018

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oops! Almost forgot to post me oath! Currently having to abandon my hobby space and squat on the dining room table (figuratively) while we get the new puppy settled and may well fail this month but here goes...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, 3x Super Mutants and 2x Mutant Hounds. 28mm scale for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

And Darwin the domestic disturbance:

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 8, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
A good doggo!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath this Deva and Devabot, two Reverend Healers, and a Daktari conversion, by Corvus Belli, 28mm

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For September I oath this Bell Crow:
By Awaken Realms

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Deva and Devabot, two Reverend Healers, and a Daktari conversion, by Corvus Belli, 28mm

Oath Addition

These eight Moderators, also Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Addition!

I'm going to paint these German and American patrol markers for Chain of Command.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath to paint two Kastelan Robots with awesome custom heads and pauldrons.

Oath Complete!
Two Kastelan Robots with custom heads and pauldrons, and all their weapons are magnetized.

Claiming Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month for the magnetization, as well as using custom heads and pauldrons on these two. I love how the custom bits turned out, as I really don't like the default sculpt of the Kastelan Robots. For reference: https://imgur.com/fwQwXgN

Duct Tape posted:

Oath Addition: One Cybernetica Data-Smith from Games Workshop. I snapped this picture this morning and am trying to completely finish him today. So far it's going well, but I got a lot to do if I want to hit that sweet 24-hour model achievement!

Additional Oath Complete and claiming Need 4 Speed, clocking in at about 8 and a half hours from beginning to end. Wanted to push myself to paint a mini entirely in a single day, and I'm really happy with how this guy turned out!

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 24, 2018

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2018:

13 assorted Mykelings (two on one base) and one Toad from Krakon Games
1 Mushrooman Druid from RPE
2 Converted Orks from GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Oops! Almost forgot to post me oath! Currently having to abandon my hobby space and squat on the dining room table (figuratively) while we get the new puppy settled and may well fail this month but here goes...

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, 3x Super Mutants and 2x Mutant Hounds. 28mm scale for Fallout Wasteland Warfare by Modiphius.

grassy gnoll posted:

Red Shoe posted:

For September I oath this Bell Crow:
By Awaken Realms

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Addition

These eight Moderators, also Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Ilor posted:

Oath Addition!

I'm going to paint these German and American patrol markers for Chain of Command.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2018:

13 assorted Mykelings (two on one base) and one Toad from Krakon Games
1 Mushrooman Druid from RPE
2 Converted Orks from GW

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And now a little speed painting proof for my Acid Druid and his familiar. Better shots to come once the rest of the Oath is finished!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Similarly, here's some speed-painting proof for my Oath Addition:

Man, painting double-sided tokens is a pain in the buttocks. I'll handle all the Jurnal and cheevo stuff once the rest of my Oath for this month is complete (just need to do the treads and weathering).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:August judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Duct Tape

Great metals, very nice reds, and I love the blue, which gives some focus points in an otherwise pretty busy model. This is honestly worth more points, but the Bactere Rule exists.

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

Some good, grimy metals, and nice red and bone. The tourquise is a nice contrast.

First place, 3 points: The Moon Monster

I love purple and yellow together, and they're both well done. The skin and gems are great, and the base ties the underwater theme together nicely.

Bonus, 1 point: Corrode

Just a couple of marines out with their GoPros.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath one major demon (Rauthuros) for September

Never been a big fan of Rauthuros' weapons so going to do some sort of weapon switch and meet Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month. Weapons are from Warhammer lizard man army leftovers.

Reaper Bones Pathfinder demon mold.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: August Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Galaspar

As per the monthly challenge, your palette is limited yet striking, mostly due to its being desaturated and sickly-looking. The scopes also qualify for the other part of the challenge, standing out with their bright cool colors and reflections on the lenses.

Second Place, 2 points: Ilor

Again, a double-achiever, with a subdued color scheme and a delightful quantity of well-defined lenses across the models. The contrast between the component parts of the models really helps define their general outlines and draw the eye to the focal points.

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

...I mean, holy poo poo. The shift from aged bronze to lavender OSL makes an excellent use of contrasts, and that color placement does wonders to draw focus. The scheme really makes these figures seem dynamic and powerful. You even managed to work in a few small lenses here and there (did everyone just go for both parts of the challenge this month?).

Bonus Point: KingMob

Okay, you defiantly ran in the opposite direction of the monthly challenge, and the results are bright, varied, over the top, and hilarious. The whole display makes me smile.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

...I mean, holy poo poo. The shift from aged bronze to lavender OSL makes an excellent use of contrasts, and that color placement does wonders to draw focus. The scheme really makes these figures seem dynamic and powerful. You even managed to work in a few small lenses here and there (did everyone just go for both parts of the challenge this month?).

Thanks hugely!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these seven minis. They're by Reaper but I have no idea what any of them is actually called. There's a komainu dog, dude with two hand scythes, buff dude with a big hammer, a hobgoblin, a ninja, a robed lady with a staff and a big oni-like dude. Finding their actual product names would probably take longer than actually painting them and I'm mainly going to test out some color schemes for a new project, so I hope my descriptions are enough detail.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Arbitrary August Judgements

Third place, Galaspar:

I've been painting white this month, and it's really made me appreciate how awful it is, even with an airbrush. The sickly white-green with mottling you've got going on here is lovely, and pleasantly offset by the brass. The only reason this isn't higher is that I feel like you could go full Baroque with this model and paint job - verdigris and rust effects, overworked detailing on the metals, leaky pustules, nastier and grittier washes, that kind of thing. Right now you're at the top, with an excellent model, but I would love to have seen this over the top.

Second place, The Moon Monster

Excellent flesh and purples, especially on the windchime dealies. The yellows and golds are distinct from each other and compliment the purples nicely, and you've got depth on the yellows without them turning orange or red. It's excellent color and blending work. My only nitpick is that the fish are a little indistinct from each other, but I feel like that's largely down to personal preference, rather than a technical foible.

First place, King Mob

This has just got everything in it. You've got armor and fabric metals and skin and hair and fire and weird energy swirls, solid contrasts between each figure, and an overall high quality on each piece, even with the slightly mushy Aristeia plastics. Mendoza's cloak and tabbard in particular are really doing it for me. I would have liked to see a little more definition on the whites on Kozmo and Murtair, but as mentioned above, white is the hell-color. Bonus points for Kozmo's face, which I can only assume is a great big middle finger to anyone trying to paint these things.

Bonus Point: TheFinalTuba

Crisp colors all around, sharp detailing, and jurnalistically-appropriate color composition for the month lands the August bonus.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Thanks for the points, kind judges. Yes, white is hell.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

grassy gnoll posted:

Third place, Galaspar:

I feel like you could go full Baroque with this model and paint job - verdigris and rust effects, overworked detailing on the metals, leaky pustules, nastier and grittier washes

Well, the gauntlet has truly been laid down. How gross and grimy can I go?

Many thanks for the kind judge words! Seriously, it always encourages me. I'll be entering my filthy boys into Armies on Parade next month, and this thread has given me the confidence and range of skills to really go for it.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath eight mantic orcs and one Junkyard Kid from BadSquiddo games.

Kit-bashed the scifi parts with the fantasy troops, to have some post-apocalyptic orcs, and Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month for cutting off one hand to give another claw hand. Also the one guy holding his own head might count.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, oath one Dropfleet Commander Princess Cruise Liner by Hawk Wargames TTCombat. Resin, 1:9150 scale.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath complete

An easy month, only a couple of hundred models on 80 bases.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: Ilor

Again, a double-achiever, with a subdued color scheme and a delightful quantity of well-defined lenses across the models. The contrast between the component parts of the models really helps define their general outlines and draw the eye to the focal points.
Woot! Thanks for the props! I was a little hesitant about the color scheme (especially at the halfway-point before the stronger highlights were done), but I was happy with how the finished project turned out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Mon Monster, oath 1 Menoth Revenger by Privateer Press for the month of September

grassy gnoll posted:

Second place, The Moon Monster

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: The Moon Monster

Awesome, thanks! I really liked that model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath one major demon (Rauthuros) for September

Never been a big fan of Rauthuros' weapons so going to do some sort of weapon switch and meet Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month. Weapons are from Warhammer lizard man army leftovers.

Reaper Bones Pathfinder demon mold.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these seven minis. They're by Reaper but I have no idea what any of them is actually called. There's a komainu dog, dude with two hand scythes, buff dude with a big hammer, a hobgoblin, a ninja, a robed lady with a staff and a big oni-like dude. Finding their actual product names would probably take longer than actually painting them and I'm mainly going to test out some color schemes for a new project, so I hope my descriptions are enough detail.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo oath eight mantic orcs and one Junkyard Kid from BadSquiddo games.

Kit-bashed the scifi parts with the fantasy troops, to have some post-apocalyptic orcs, and Obligatory Conversion Clinic Month for cutting off one hand to give another claw hand. Also the one guy holding his own head might count.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath one Dropfleet Commander Princess Cruise Liner by Hawk Wargames TTCombat. Resin, 1:9150 scale.

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Mon Monster, oath 1 Menoth Revenger by Privateer Press for the month of September

Awesome, thanks! I really liked that model.

Approved! Just over a week left now folks, make it count!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Mushrooman Druid and his Toad Familiar - Speed painted as per my earlier post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855775&pagenumber=8#post488005580

Myconid Spellslinger and Fungus Familiar, possibly the apprentice of the above guy.

The first unit in the Myconid Army of Mushrooms - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uloBD9xxwZ0

Ork Berserkers to round out my first unit to 10. They are converted from Blood Bowl Orcs.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath addition!

I Ugleb hereby oath an addition for September!

The Lone Survivor & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, and 2x Fire barrels by TTcombat.

Ugleb posted:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Addition: One Cybernetica Data-Smith from Games Workshop. I snapped this picture this morning and am trying to completely finish him today. So far it's going well, but I got a lot to do if I want to hit that sweet 24-hour model achievement!

Duct Tape posted:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

Oath addition complete in 8 and a half hours! See original oath completion post for photos.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Corrode posted:

This dude

Oath Complete

As noted on the op, converted from the plastic Commissar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete posted in the correct thread this time

Quick and dirty to take a break from a longer project I've been working on.

It's hard finding the right angle to photograph this guy from, maybe I should have posed the spear differently...