Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

MiniSune posted:

Google, MS, both pale in comparison to the king that is Lotus Notes.

Never again.

[sobs in public servant]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol if you think Officeworks have migrated to 365

You dont get much of a choice these days. The cloud providers have made it easier and cheaper to manage. X per employee per month. Not even microsoft can tell you how the licensing for building it all onsite works.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MiniSune posted:

Never again.

Come on man, I drink to try and forget Lotus loving Notes

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

starkebn posted:

I would have thought stopping urban sprawl was a good idea. We need to trash most housing around public transport routes and build 6 story apartment buildings.

Reminder, Matthew Guy was planning minister and expanded the urban growth boundary, he already rezoned a lot of suburban areas to allow for medium density buildings.

The only good proposal and this is hardly a thought out plan, is to grow regional cities like Shepparton, Warrnambool, Traralgon, Wangaratta, Horsham and Sale etc. And those should be densified and not repeat the same sprawl mistakes as Melbourne and Geelong.

But you need to spend money to do it. The last liberal government did nothing for 4 years until the final week before caretaker mode and the election campaign when they signed contracts for the East-West Link. The current Liberal party knows they have no hope in promising infrastructure because the Labor government have a loving enormous amount of projects announced and in the pipeline.
This isn't a policy, it is pandering.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Come on man, I drink to try and forget Lotus loving Notes

We all do. We all do.

Fully half of our division globally use it, mainly because America loves it for some reason that if discovered, should be destroyed immediately.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I once upon a time used lotus notes. Once.

The very next day snakes physically started manifesting in my home.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don Dongington posted:

Group of 8 universities are on O365, it's not that much of a stretch :P

No they are not

MiniSune posted:

Never again.
Yeah, my workplace tried that for about 12 months.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Fun fact: if you update software on a Coles device accidentally, it’s ruined until IT manage to retroactively make all the poo poo work with it

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Fun fact: if you update software on a Coles device accidentally, it’s ruined until IT manage to retroactively make all the poo poo work with it

As former Coles IT: lmao hell yeah they couldn't keep up to date even if it was somehow profitable. Red tape on red tape

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

David Leyonhjelm’s “stop shagging men” comment about the Greens senator Sarah Hanson-Young was much more likely to enhance her re-election prospects than harm her reputation, according to his defence to her defamation lawsuit.

So Tony Morris QC is like the anti-Gloria Allred? Standing up for oppressive men everywhere

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So Tony Morris QC is like the anti-Gloria Allred? Standing up for oppressive oppressed men everywhere

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

No they are not
Yeah, my workplace tried that for about 12 months.

I mean not all.

Mine is, for staff anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

My bad. I forgot how privileged I am in this woman-centric world.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

No they are not

Then they should get on my Uni's level :smuggo:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Then they should get on my Uni's level :smuggo:

No cos that would drag them down the university rankings.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

Here I was thinking it was student levels and outcomes that affected that but nope, it's IT implementations

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

Oh wait

Now I get it

Good burn

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Here I was thinking it was student levels and outcomes that affected that but nope, it's IT implementations

Jesus gently caress I hope not

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/senator-leyonhjelm-to-fight-defamation-case/10285472

Is anyone else a little uneasy about the picture they use for Hanson-Young here? It makes her look like a harridan when she has super legit grounds to pursue legal action against that inflated scrotum head.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Starshark posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/senator-leyonhjelm-to-fight-defamation-case/10285472

Is anyone else a little uneasy about the picture they use for Hanson-Young here? It makes her look like a harridan when she has super legit grounds to pursue legal action against that inflated scrotum head.

Personally, no. I don't think it's an especially unflattering photo of her where she looks like a screaming nutcase (which they could easily get from any impassioned Senate speech), it just looks to me like any generic press conference speaking photo. I think he is portrayed as way worse than she is (his facial expression looks "guilty" to me in the photo).

Not saying the media never uses unflattering pictures to influence a reader, I just don't see it myself in this case.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Shark Attacks and School funding.

Maybe the Sharks are reacting to ScoMo's psychic commands.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I always knew Neptune was a Tory

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh wait

Now I get it

Good burn

:tipshat:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1042708947663298560

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/LaTrioli/status/1042588668467134464

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:doink:

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1042634929220214785

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

even shopped the reflection. noice.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

At first glance I thought that was Daisy Cousens haha

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

GrandMaster posted:

At first glance I thought that was Daisy Cousens haha

I thought it was Daisy Ridley

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I don't have a sub can someone summarise the point Bernard is trying to make here?
https://www.crikey.com.au/2018/09/21/were-back-to-special-school-funding-deals-thanks-labor/

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Scomos lovely boat trophy is on course to crash into the iceberg lookin trophy.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

norp posted:

I don't have a sub can someone summarise the point Bernard is trying to make here?
https://www.crikey.com.au/2018/09/21/were-back-to-special-school-funding-deals-thanks-labor/

Basically Labor couldn't help themselves but pressure the government to do a special deal with the catholic system after the gov caved in on gonski, so morrison had to deal with it by providing another special deal to them when there wasn't one there anymore. If Labor had shut their mouth and leave them to it, the deal wouldn't be necessary.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
That sounds like a pretty long bow.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It'd be really nice if the ALP could untwine themselves from the Catholic church.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

norp posted:

That sounds like a pretty long bow.

Eh, it's half right. Labor wanted to do whatever they could to pressure the government and in the process ended up with a lovely policy outcome. The government are desperate to stop the haemorrhage of voters and see this as one way of rectifying the loss of support from rich religious voters (even though they were going to vote coalition anyway).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

It'd be really nice if the ALP could untwine themselves from the Catholic church.

paging cartoon and his b.a. santamaria files

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

NSW libs rejected the funding changes.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/no-special-deals-for-private-schools:-nsw-rejects-federal/10289100

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Les Affaires posted:

Basically Labor couldn't help themselves but pressure the government to do a special deal with the catholic system after the gov caved in on gonski, so morrison had to deal with it by providing another special deal to them when there wasn't one there anymore. If Labor had shut their mouth and leave them to it, the deal wouldn't be necessary.
This whole funding boondoggle is a shambles. Blaming it on labour is utterly farcical despite them having fingerprints on the corpse of Australian education.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/no-special-deals-for-private-schools:-nsw-rejects-federal/10289100

The whole thing raises more questions than it answers. The whole 'actual' income thing? What the gently caress does the census data collect then? This is either a complete furfie or a searing indictment of the ABS. The ABS and the ATO actually share data directly under legislation going back to the Eighties. It fundamentally makes no sense. Mind you nothing about funding private schools makes sense. The government should fund my business because....Yeah that's why! And talk about policy on the run.

Unfortunately everything is broken. Unemployment is now BELOW what the labour market would like but the harsh compliance methods are getting ramped up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/whats-it-really-like-to-work-for-the-dole/10255350

Also have fun at your Get Raped or Killed For the Dole provider.

Now can someone with a gallaxy sized brain please explain this one to me:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/defence-prepares-for-troop-rotations-to-png-amid-fears-of-china/10288042

https://www.facebook.com/ABCiview/videos/1233138610126078/

I can (somewhat) get behind a troop deployment for local development brownie points but would then have to question the effectiveness. Maybe a deployment to protect Australian residents and tourists from lawless elements, but again the effectiveness question. But to defend us against the Chinese? Neil James thinking it is reasonable just puts the cherry on top of the NOPE gently caress OFF cake. Dario Fo wouldn't have dared include this in one of his plays.

P.S. BA Santamaria SUCKS and is a DOODIE HEAD.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Government research on WFTD:
74.9pc of participants said it increased their motivation to find a job
75.7pc said it improved their ability to adapt to new environments
73.9pc said it improved their ability to work with others
72.6pc said it improved their ability to keep a routine
71.2pc said it improved their communications skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore