Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Government research on WFTD:
74.9pc of participants said it increased their motivation to find a job
75.7pc said it improved their ability to adapt to new environments
73.9pc said it improved their ability to work with others
72.6pc said it improved their ability to keep a routine
71.2pc said it improved their communications skills

The other 25% died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

having actually ran wfd activities ten years ago and then working at an organisation that recently managed activities on behalf of the job actives (until the government canned that because it was too effective) those figures are outright bullshit.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hambeet posted:

having actually ran wfd activities ten years ago and then working at an organisation that recently managed activities on behalf of the job actives (until the government canned that because it was too effective) those figures are outright bullshit.
What!? The government lied to me!? Deliberately!?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MrsMachineGun is ambivalent towards wfd as she did it back in the day, helping paint churches. Which is fine, but then there's this mountain of people saying it's loving awful so you're lucky you had a good experience.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

you know they got handed a survey and told to give high marks

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
As a followup to an older post:

Dude McAwesome posted:

She was a previous AMA president. Current AMA president is a Liberal fuckwit. Therefore she's a Liberal fuckwit. And that's my thoughts on the matter.

But I'd be keen to hear why you think she's a fuckhead JBP. I generally agree with most of your strong opinions.

https://twitter.com/brookewylie/status/1042939798913048578

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
One of my friends came real close to suicidal over wfd. It's a bullshit "punish the poor" system. In theory, yeah, it can work but in practice, you're doing completely menial poo poo that doesn't improve job prospects.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Why is she even wasting money running?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

you know they got handed a survey and told to give high marks

:ssh: they weren't even given the survey

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

MrsMachineGun is ambivalent towards wfd as she did it back in the day, helping paint churches. Which is fine, but then there's this mountain of people saying it's loving awful so you're lucky you had a good experience.

it was designed to upskill people with a touch of compliance to catch out the long term "unemployed" who were really just working cash in hand

it quickly morphed into solely compliance to catch out the cash in hand people for 99% of the then lazy job networks.

i saw a couple of good activities here and there, but due to the time and effort involved in organising them, providers inevitably went for the path of least resistance.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Welp, looks like JBP was right with his view of Phelps. Whelps.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

You Am I posted:

Welp, looks like JBP was right with his view of Phelps. Whelps.

lol if you even needed convincing, like come on exercise some critical thinking

NTRabbit posted:

Why is she even wasting money running?

The allure of power, like any other Tory

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hambeet posted:

it was designed to upskill people with a touch of compliance to catch out the long term "unemployed" who were really just working cash in hand

it quickly morphed into solely compliance to catch out the cash in hand people for 99% of the then lazy job networks.

i saw a couple of good activities here and there, but due to the time and effort involved in organising them, providers inevitably went for the path of least resistance.

The experience in Bendigo is that everyone who takes on WFD clients never want to do it a second time, and it's not the clients, its the bloody agencies. They do a song and dance about compliance and demand rigorous reporting timescales, and completely gently caress up everything on their end. An agency that shall not be named won the bidding war for managing all WFD in the area and has proceeded to burn its bridges with just about everyone in the community from businesses and partner agencies, to angry GPs and obviously clients. Naturally the agency and the department keep pretending this isn't a problem and take it out on the clients.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ewe2 posted:

The experience in Bendigo is that everyone who takes on WFD clients never want to do it a second time, and it's not the clients, its the bloody agencies. They do a song and dance about compliance and demand rigorous reporting timescales, and completely gently caress up everything on their end. An agency that shall not be named won the bidding war for managing all WFD in the area and has proceeded to burn its bridges with just about everyone in the community from businesses and partner agencies, to angry GPs and obviously clients. Naturally the agency and the department keep pretending this isn't a problem and take it out on the clients.

How did they manage to piss off the GPs?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Chasing up medical certs?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

well there we go then

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-21/nsw-liberals-in-civil-war-as-williams-demands--perrottet-quit/10290552

quote:

A civil war has broken out in the NSW Liberal Party, with frontbench MP Ray Williams demanding Treasurer Dominic Perrottet quit cabinet.
The duo are on a preselection collision course after Mr Perrottett confirmed this morning he is challenging Mr Williams' for the blue-ribbon seat of Castle Hill, after the Multicultural Minister refused to retire after weeks of pressure from Liberal party powerbrokers.
Mr Williams this morning issued an explosive media statement calling for Mr Perrottet to step down as deputy Liberal leader following a tense phone call between the two this morning.
He threatened to move a spill motion against the Treasurer on Tuesday morning if he refused.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/perrotet-eyes-ray-williams-seat-in-nsw-liberal-stouch/10286896

quote:

Castle Hill is held on a margin of nearly 30 per cent, while Mr Perrottet has a 17.8 per cent margin in Hawkesbury.
The Government is still reeling after losing the Wagga Wagga by-election earlier this month to independent Dr Joe McGirr.
The Liberals had held that seat for more than six decades but were punished at the polls with a giant swing of almost 30 per cent.
Mr Perrottet formerly held Castle Hill but swapped to Hawkesbury after a redistribution and a factional deal before the last election.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/quaedvliegs/status/1042893343645024256

The signature matches Scott Morrison's.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jesus Christ, these are literal children

hambeet posted:

"So, 100% for every answer, yeah? What do you mean that's too obvious?!?"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

"So, 100% for every answer, yeah? What do you mean that's too obvious?!?"

"uhh yeah make it around 3/4.. but not exactly"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1042917052225183744

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i didn't even know there was a team called the sharks until recently.

rugby is weird.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

hambeet posted:

i didn't even know there was a team called the sharks until recently.

rugby is weird.

It's league not rugby.

E: I'm being pedantic but there's a class difference between league and union and he's leaning hard into the "ordinary bloke" poo poo.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 21, 2018

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Great White Hope

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The LNP in Brisbane is getting butt hurt because the government is changing the name of The Lady Cilento Children's Hospital.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Joh Bjelke-Peterson Centre for Government Integrity.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The only choice left for a desperate team facing an inevitable loss.

Sounds about right.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Joh Bjelke-Peterson Centre for Government Integrity.

SIR Joh thank you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's league not rugby.

E: I'm being pedantic but there's a class difference between league and union and he's leaning hard into the "ordinary bloke" poo poo.

rugby

:colbert:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Chasing up medical certs?

Trying to override medical certs, refusing to accept medical certs, inventing excuses when faced with medical certs and other evidence they ignored, you name it, they've tried it. The department must really hate them by now but they can't be seen to punish them so the lunacy continues. I can only speak anecdotally but in one case they tried to explain away a loving amputated limb.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's league not rugby.

Union's better

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

When faced with any choice, always pick Union.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Football

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are the SHARKS going to lose?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/Outback_Jim/status/1042992377432956928?s=19

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"Hi, Jim is it? I'd love to call the PM a pigfucker to his face. How can this be arranged without living in Western Sydney?"

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Union is boring and only played by upper class people. It was also backed by literal nazis during world war 2 so there is that shameful history. League on the other hand is fast and exciting and is a working class sport.

In NSW some schools actually ban rugby league on class lines. No school bans rugby union its just nobody wants to play it because its boring and its only use is a social event for fat north shore aristocrats

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
if the choice is between league or union, i'd take the bullet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what about real footy ay?

• Locked thread