Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Happy birthday to the patron saint of the stupid music poo poo thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yZdqf-o68

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I just bought some stupid poo poo:

https://reverb.com/item/14762276-supro-1675rt-rhythm-master

Talked the guy down 50 more bucks off the already like half off retail price.

15" speaker for guitar? Why not.

edit: link won't work? Got it for 815 total. :D

I feel like a amp with a 15" counts as stupid poo poo.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 20, 2018

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
what are you talking about, 15" speakers rule

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Nothing wrong with that as long as you don't expect anyone else to carry it, you're on your own there.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
a 2x15 cab weighs less than a 4x12

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
15” speakers can sound great for a lot of clean amps. The Fender Vibroverb is one of my favorite low gain amps and it uses one.

Lol if you’re using them alone for distorted sounds though.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GreatGreen posted:

15” speakers can sound great for a lot of clean amps. The Fender Vibroverb is one of my favorite low gain amps and it uses one.

Lol if you’re using them alone for distorted sounds though.

The Melvin's did it.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
15s are rad in just about any case.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

a 2x15 cab weighs less than a 4x12

Don't ask me to carry that either

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

The Melvin's did it.

buzz osborne's very adamant about the 2x15/4x12 combination

steve austin from today is the day uses an 18" cab

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

buzz osborne's very adamant about the 2x15/4x12 combination

I did 2x15s and 8x12s the other day, and it sounded pretty awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXm6NrBjsC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
2x15’s are pretty rare to find in the wild where I live which is a shame cause they’re cool.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

this review from the bottom of that amp listing definitely counts as stupid music poo poo tho

so tired of corksniffing assholes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I finally understand where the hell "do re mi fa so la ti do" come from

"6.3.3. Names of the notes in the Pythagorean scale
We have now defined (found) the 7 notes in the Pythagorean major scale, but how
are we to name them? It is well known that it was around the 11th Century that they
were named and linked to the degrees which we know today: that was when the
monk Guido of Arezzo had the idea of using the first syllables of the Gregorian
chant Hymn to Saint John the Baptist, written in Latin verse by the poet Paul Diacre:
Ut queant laxis
Resonare fibris
Mira gestorum
Famuli tuorum
Solve polluti
Labii reatum
Sancte Iohannes
In the 18th Century, the syllable Ut was replaced by the “do” for Domine. In the
author’s native France and Latin countries, this naming system has been widely
adopted, as opposed to the alphabetic notation C, D, E, F, G, A, B which is always
used in Germanic or English-speaking countries. Also, in the 19th Century, Sarah
Glover changed the “Si” to “Ti” (“a drink with jam and bread”, in the popular
memory aid), so that each musical syllable would begin with a different letter: D, R,
M, F, S, L, T… D.
Figure 6.3, below, recaps the notes of the well-known (almost Pythagorean)
scale, with the exact values of the frequencies in the form of fractions, generation to
the fifth, their little arrangements and the names of the notes as we know them, and a
higher do exactly at double the frequency of the lower do… By principle, this situation
cannot exist in a fifth-based model of note generation! "

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Pokey Araya posted:

I did 2x15s and 8x12s the other day, and it sounded pretty awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnXm6NrBjsC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It’s hard to tell from that video but were you wearing earplugs? Just curious.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
No, but this is a common question I always get. This is gonna spark of a stupid derail, but I recommend everyone wears earplugs at shows, in practice, whenever you can, as soon as you can. My hearing is hosed, and I'm ok with that, I've blasted my ears out for the last 15 years, and yes I'm that rear end in a top hat that talks way to loud all the time, asks for you to turn on the closed captions while watching a movie, and sleeps blasting music at an obscene level. But such is life.

More to your questions point, why am I sitting down in front of 2, 200 watt tube amps turned all the way up? Because my hearing is hosed. Why is my hearing hosed? Due to activities like these.

Edit: I guess if I'm posting stupid irresponsible music poo poo, I did this with no earplugs, didn't make them ring a bit, thats the level of hosed I'm talking about. I think it dislodged some stuff from my lungs, but my ears were fine. Well not fine, just not any more noticeably messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1fOT5b9Wc

Pokey Araya fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 21, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Spanish Manlove posted:

I finally understand where the hell "do re mi fa so la ti do" come from

"as opposed to the alphabetic notation C, D, E, F, G, A, B which is always
used in Germanic or English-speaking countries.

Actually, in Germany, parts of Central/Eastern Europe and Scandinavia we use the notation C, D, E, F, G, A, H, and Bb is pronounced "B".

There are many theories as to why, the most common being a spelling error or a misreading of a monk's gothic handwriting. I've heard some people blame German printing shops using the b letter for h, and some even claim it was done for the benefit of the Bach family so they could play out their last name on any instrument.

Anyway, at least a few hundred years old music poo poo, and still confusing as hell when you learn notes at a music school here and then get note sheets or tabs from abroad or the internet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1043096264462745600

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Curves back around to awesome.
That whole tumblr is pretty neat actually

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pokey Araya posted:

No, but this is a common question I always get. This is gonna spark of a stupid derail, but I recommend everyone wears earplugs at shows, in practice, whenever you can, as soon as you can. My hearing is hosed, and I'm ok with that, I've blasted my ears out for the last 15 years, and yes I'm that rear end in a top hat that talks way to loud all the time, asks for you to turn on the closed captions while watching a movie, and sleeps blasting music at an obscene level. But such is life.

More to your questions point, why am I sitting down in front of 2, 200 watt tube amps turned all the way up? Because my hearing is hosed. Why is my hearing hosed? Due to activities like these.

Edit: I guess if I'm posting stupid irresponsible music poo poo, I did this with no earplugs, didn't make them ring a bit, thats the level of hosed I'm talking about. I think it dislodged some stuff from my lungs, but my ears were fine. Well not fine, just not any more noticeably messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt1fOT5b9Wc

You should get one of those dB meters with the large LCD displays and set it up on your rig

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
posted on a local vintage guitar shops facebook page in a huge post of new stuff they just got. I call it the florida man amp

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

posted on a local vintage guitar shops facebook page in a huge post of new stuff they just got. I call it the florida man amp

Depending on what it smells like that would be fun to have in an office with some '60's shitpile guitar leaning on it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm gonna bet it smells like gator poo poo and dip spit

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you’re going to make a klone, dickbutt is a good choice for graphics.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

what does the hammer and sickle do

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bill Posters posted:

finally got around to watching this and without fail the comments are largely angry petulant bluesdentists personally offended that someone with tens of thousands in fancy gear plays something other than pentatonic box licks

Shugojin posted:

tone gulag

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shugojin posted:

Unity

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Diode selector, naturally.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If you’re going to make a klone, dickbutt is a good choice for graphics.

i just realized that the graphic is making GBS threads on the klon logo

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

i just realized that the graphic is making GBS threads on the klon logo

lol yes. For those not familiar with the Klon it looks like this:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
ceriatone made a dickbutt klone a while back

honestly every klone should have dickbutt on it

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 25, 2018

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I would like to buy 1 dickbutt clone please

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

finally got around to watching this and without fail the comments are largely angry petulant bluesdentists personally offended that someone with tens of thousands in fancy gear plays something other than pentatonic box licks

You say that as if he has the ability to play within a pentatonic box but chooses not to for creative reasons.

lol yes, he is most definitely making the ~*~artistic choice~*~ to play the guitar like an epileptic hobo convinced that his guitar is attacking him, and is not at all bound by a simple yet profound lack of even the slightest bit talent, musical understanding, or taste.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 27, 2018

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

You say that as if he has the ability to play within a pentatonic box but chooses not to for creative reasons.

lol yes, he is most definitely making the ~*~artistic choice~*~ to play the guitar like an epileptic hobo convinced that his guitar is attacking him, and is not at all bound by a simple yet profound lack of even the slightest bit talent, musical understanding, or taste.

No no, we know he can't play. It's just petulant bloozedads are the foundation of this thread.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Do you just not know what free improv is?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Nox posted:

No no, we know he can't play. It's just petulant bloozedads are the foundation of this thread.
making GBS threads on Bloozedads will never be passe. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, speaking of dumb-butt things: Has "tone weed" ever been explored?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

He definitely does, he has at least one album of fairly straightforward cover songs that I’ve heard and liked okay which features more conventional playing. But his bread and butter is the wacky ‘out’ playing not the tedious joe bonnamassa bluesdad hero Clapton stuff, so that’s where he lives.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t voluntarily listen to either most days, but Kaiser can def do straight boring rock.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awkSF3wAdts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bill Posters posted:

holy poo poo