Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Carlosologist posted:

yup, somewhere between Gen 6 and Gen 7 Game Freak figured out how to do realistically portioned models for characters. Alola as a whole is really great to travel around. the price? makes the 3DS chug like an old Honda

That mostly happens in battle though, and that's because it has one too many models and particle effects. In the overworld, everything works decently and it's visually stunning, definitely the greatest the franchise has looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carlosologist posted:

yup, somewhere between Gen 6 and Gen 7 Game Freak figured out how to do realistically portioned models for characters. Alola as a whole is really great to travel around. the price? makes the 3DS chug like an old Honda

I've only run into problems in when a third pokemon enters the fray. So double and SOS battles end up chugging.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

When does the game get chuggy? Does playing on a new 3DS help? I’m only 3 hours or so in but so far the game runs pretty smooth.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

chaosapiant posted:

When does the game get chuggy? Does playing on a new 3DS help? I’m only 3 hours or so in but so far the game runs pretty smooth.

I'm on a N3DS and it's basically as iospace says; when three or more Pokemon are on screen. So not too often, but when the game tries to do something fancy it falters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The 3DS can handle 2 pokemon on screen no problem but the framerate noticeably drops when there's more than that. Having a new 3DS does help but it's not enough to eliminate it

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If I had any complaints about the USUM so far, coming straight from ORAS is no nav dex, and no 3D in the Pokédex.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

chaosapiant posted:

If I had any complaints about the USUM so far, coming straight from ORAS is no nav dex, and no 3D in the Pokédex.

The DexNav is the best ingame peripheral this franchise has ever come up with. I hope there's something like in in Gen 8.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The DexNav is the best ingame peripheral this franchise has ever come up with. I hope there's something like in in Gen 8.

I do like that the Pokedex is an actual Pokémon with a personality and like the way it displays information overall. But yea, a dex nav would be awesome.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Dexnav was never going to come back because GameFreak's MO is to have good ideas then never use them again. It's really sad.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I've got an extra shiny poipole code y'all

A87937ESU3ZWECZN

Please enjoy ^_^

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

The 3DS can handle 2 pokemon on screen no problem but the framerate noticeably drops when there's more than that. Having a new 3DS does help but it's not enough to eliminate it

I've also noticed it chug a little bit during 1v1 when it does the split screen effect while waiting for you to select a move.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the ultimate development in the entire pokemon franchise is Ultra S/M's option to press Y to save from the menu. like, that seems like such an obvious tweak in hindsight, I can't believe it took so long to implement

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

opioid agonist posted:

I've got an extra shiny poipole code y'all

A87937ESU3ZWECZN

Please enjoy ^_^

Thanks! :3:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

chaosapiant posted:

Is it confirmed that gen 8 is coming to switch and not 3DS? is 3DS dead for Pokerman?

Yes, for the same reason why they didn't make pokemon games for the GBA after the DS came out

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Get your little poison gremlins while they're hot, folks.

A878WCCKM4LCN5F8

A878WDETXDJK72WT

A878W877ST77GRSM <--- Scratched too hard and scraped off the bottom half of some of the digits. Any of the last three 7's could be a Z

A878WAASUPYYJLDR

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 21, 2018

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

A878WAASUPYYJLDR

Thanks. I'll see about picking up some codes tomorrow or Saturday.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

A878W877ST77GRSM <--- Scratched too hard and scraped off the bottom half of some of the digits. Any of the last three 7's could be a Z

Grabbed this one, thank you!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes, for the same reason why they didn't make pokemon games for the GBA after the DS came out

Explain Red Rescue Team, then. :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Onmi posted:

I'm just confused they felt hold items and abilities were to complex but EVs and IVs? Let's keep those

Those aren’t really complex mechanics though? Like, they’re both referenced ingame as “a Pokémon you’ve had for a while will be stronger than another one of the same type you pick up later” and “no two Pokémon will have the same exact stats”. You can min max them for competitive gain, but the actual idea has always existed for kids to grow more attached to their bits of data.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Sleeping Sigma posted:

A878WCCKM4LCN5F8

I grabbed this one, thanks!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did I miss that Best Buy or Gamestop event that's going on in September or are they still distributing?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I'm going to grab the Korean Metagross distribution tomorrow, and if possible, grab it on both my US copy and my Korean copy of the games--should be, since I just have to connect to the wifi at the department store. If all goes to plan, I'll have an extra one of these:

"The distribution is identical to the Metagross used by the winner of the master division of the Korean National Championships 2018. Metagross is Level 50 with the Ability Clear Body. It has the moves Iron Head, Ice Punch, Bullet Punch, and Stomping Tantrum. Metagross also comes in a Cherish Ball."

If I do get the extra, I'll try and think of a neat giveaway thing for any interested parties, to say thanks for helping me get the year of legendary codes for my US copy of the games. :3:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon go just leaked the new Pokemon.

http://pokejungle.net/2018/09/21/new-pokemon-accidentally-revealed/

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I love it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Klink's cousin

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's a Ditto with a nut head. It's cute, but it better have a better evolution.

That said a "a blob plus thing" does fit in with the Gen 1 design aesthetic, heyooooooooo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
At least people won't complain about Vanillux anymore with that cute little nuthead around.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Very weird and alien kinda like an Ultra Beast. UB Ditto?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

dungeon cousin posted:

Very weird and alien kinda like an Ultra Beast. UB Ditto?

baby Stakataka

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That little guy is going to sit on some little kid's shoulder through the anime.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Get your little poison gremlins while they're hot, folks.

A878WDETXDJK72WT

Nuts, someone nabbed the last one already.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
https://twitter.com/Chrales/status/...042246415867904

Not #808 huh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Pika getting another new attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbf1_Qr4DSk

They really want you to be able to solo the game with just the box mascot, apparently.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It kind of reminds me of the London 2012 Olympic mascots. Those weird one-eyed steel creatures that no one else remembers.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I logged into the Poke bank yesterday and got the three Sun/Moon starters fully evolved as a gift. I hadn’t seen that mentioned on this thread but it’s a thing that happened.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

chaosapiant posted:

I logged into the Poke bank yesterday and got the three Sun/Moon starters fully evolved as a gift. I hadn’t seen that mentioned on this thread but it’s a thing that happened.

That happened a while ago, they have their hidden abilities.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Thanks, I hate it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Paul studied journalism just to write better articles about Pokémon. He still resides in Tokyo, Japan.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It really looks eerily similar to Ditto, and if that's the case I don't think anyone really predicted that the new mon would be related to it. A new Eeveelution, sure. Maybe "Mewthree". But a Ditto cousin or evolution? What an odd choice for a preview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Playing Ultra Moon and just ran into Team Skull for the first time. These are the funniest/goofiest motherfuckers I’ve ever seen.

Hau: “all you do is steal poo poo and get in the way.”

Team Skull A: “you know it!”