Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Do a burnout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Okay folks Im trying to flesh out a character for D&D. He's a Goliath named Chad the Brobarian. Think PC Principal meets Conan. Ideas so far are making sure everyone is being Feudally Correct, and his spirit animal is the Bear but he prefers the term Ursine Faerunian. Help me out with some ideas!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Can he read? If not, good. Make sure he's technically correct in everything he says /does, but also pronounce everything wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With our excellent OT policy it looks very much like we'll have the money for a down payment by the first of the year (based on my wages and the wife's recent promotion). My father has also offered to match our funds which is blowing my mind a little so we'll be able to dump even more money into our "oh poo poo" fund.

Looking at houses is pretty exhausting though. You find something cool but it's not quite big enough or you find something big but with too many issues. We found something almost ideal but it's no bigger than our apartment and we want something about 20% larger than this place.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
its good to know what you want but if you're 2-3 months away from having the finances ready, spare yourself the agony and wait a bit. house shopping is a part time job, no joke.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that windshield leak on the Saturn is worse than I thought. Or there's a bad ground somewhere.

That happened tonight. Power steering failure message (power steering was still working), speedometer dropped to 0 (note the tach - I was moving when I snapped that, probably 10 mph?), interior lights came on for a moment. I need to figure out where the body control module is mounted and see what I can do about keeping water away from it. Persisted for a couple of restarts, then went back to normal. I've had the alternator light also come on twice, and both times it went away with a restart (the BCM controls the cluster and all warning lights [except for CEL], on top of the alarm, keyless entry, and all interior/exterior lighting).

I already had some suspicions about this possibly being a flood car. :sigh:

The Door Frame posted:

They can claim whatever they want. I bet that like my S8+, 1-1.5GB is taken up by the OS and proprietary apps at all times

Most of Moto's lineup uses plain vanilla Android with a couple of apps added, and newer versions of Android are a lot better at memory management. My 4 year old Moto X (2GB) is still as quick as it was when it was new, even when I have 4 always-running, always-using-location apps (various delivery platforms) running. Which is to say it'll get a bit sluggish once all of that + Google Maps is going (I only have all 4 going if it's a really slow day), but it handles it.

Too bad I drowned the drat thing today. :doh: Pouring rain and dropped it into a deep puddle getting out of the car. It technically works (touchscreen, apps, etc work fine), but all audio from the internal speaker is garbled (probably water in the speaker), and it won't charge (I assume the charging port just needs to dry out; the charger, which is a dual port, quit charging my other phone anytime I plugged in the Moto). I was able to finish the rest of my shift with it, though the battery was down to about 50% (which is past when it just powers off these days). I turned it off for now, I'll plug it in when I wake up in the morning and hope it'll charge. If not, I get to install my work apps on my personal phone and play swap the SIM all day.

Dat IP67 rating came in handy today. It's been used in the rain plenty, and very briefly got dunked in puddles a couple of times, but never for this long.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Too many neat things and a bank account that pulls me down to reality.

Yeah... bought a new to me phone overnight, then got a not so friendly reminder call about the unpaid electric bill for my old apartment (not bad - a whopping $46, but I don't want it going to collections), GF reminded me I still owed her for my share of this week's groceries ($30), and Sallie Mae reminded me I'm overdue on a payment ($87). :doh: That $105 I spent on the phone + $15 on a good case would be kinda nice to have back about now, but my work phone has been having GPS and battery issues for awhile; it's on borrowed time.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 21, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sounds like you need the phone to earn money so painful but the right decision.

Also you need a Prius dude.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Why, so I can drop $2500 on a master cylinder every few years? :v:

Serious talk tho, it sounds like Toyota has finally admitted the master cylinder is a real issue, and recently started sending letters to owners of certain Priuses <Priii?>. Two friends got letters in the mail from Toyota about it.. after they'd dropped the money on the replacement, of course.

Unfortunately, I passed on a Prius that was priced right with a very solid maintenance history, lots of new parts (including said master cylinder), just up there in miles (275k), and I'm still kicking myself for it. Owned since 120k by a coworker; got a new HV battery just before he got it, he completely redid the suspension on all 4 corners (at the loving dealer :stare: - all OEM stuff), new master cylinder/ABS/brake accumulator. It needed motor mounts (kept eating CV joints) and a new touchscreen for the stereo. Another coworker bought it and did the mounts, hasn't messed with the stereo yet (and so much poo poo is controlled through it :argh:). One of the few with a solid history of CVT fluid changes. 2006, keyless entry + push button start, leather, etc, interior in good shape, body in average shape for the age (plenty of dings and chips, yellowed headlamps, but he was selling it for $2000....).

I may try to grab it from second coworker some day; he recently picked up an IS250, and prefers to drive that.

The coworker who was selling it? He replaced it with a 2017 Prius with hail damage. Brand new from the dealer, with nearly $10k knocked off of list. PDR had removed the worst of the damage, and it had <100 miles on it. He constantly bitches about having to use a key and having cloth seats again :haw: though the MPG is significantly higher on the new one (~55 US MPG vs the ~40-43 US MPG on the older one, all delivery mileage). (also he's had it less than a year, and it has almost 50k already...)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 21, 2018

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Rhyno posted:

With our excellent OT policy it looks very much like we'll have the money for a down payment by the first of the year (based on my wages and the wife's recent promotion).

That's awesome, but definitely avoid counting OT into long-term financial plans. That poo poo is an equation factoring in your current boss, your boss's boss, the board/stockholders, the demand for your product/service, and the input of some other human factors you don't know about yet.

Source: nine years in a department that thrived on OT until we got two new bosses in rapid succession within 18months.
I̧̫͙ ͍̻͇͙͕̜͇̙͠w̨̝a̶̢̼͖͖͝s̬̤̰ ̴͏͇͓̜̗̟j͏̵̯͉̺̗̻̣͎̦u̶͖̟̩̹͇̳̰̩s͜͏͙̟͇̦t̫ͅ ̨̠̮̼̪͎̝̱̗͖a͓͉͈̩͍̲͢͝ ̭͖̻̼͓̝b͈̜̙͈̲̠̪͞u̢̮̪̞̺͉̹̜͘ͅd̯̝̜́̕d̸͎͓̟͕̗̦̣̤į͎̱͎n̤̪̜̹͔͖̕ͅģ̮̜̺̣͎͘ ̠͓͈͙͉̫̥̻͍ś̶̭͇̠͉̖̯͖̱u̧͉͍̳̬̕͡p҉̹̱̫̹͖̗̪̀è͚͍̠̘̩̫͓r̫̕v̗͇̞̝̮̲i̙̣̱̰͉̗̳s̷̴̪̗̼̘͘o͜҉͓̜͖̬̫̠̙̜r͍̲̹͖͎̙͟
͇̙̻̹̹͘͠ ̩͉̣͇̫͚̯̺t͕̼̮͘h̰͝ẹ̢̩̤ỳ̼̤̭̜̘͉̮̞̱͜ ̀͏̝͖̭͎͎̯̭͍̥w͕͖̞͖̠̦̖ͅe̶̷̴̤̞̞r̙̦̟̙̟͢e̴͖̝̝̼̪̥̟͚ ̢̺̪̖̝̭m͍͜y̢̯̣͔̖ ҉̤̫̱̻f͏̥̲͖̦͙̪̳̕͢ͅr͏͏͉̰̘̭ͅi̧̛̺̖̪̞̟͝e̸̯̤͙͝ͅņ̵̪̮̘̤ͅd̴̰̩͔̖͉̠̕s̷̯̯̘͓̟ ̛̪-̠͎̙̻̰͢ ̯͍͖̼̠͈̰͍t͔͎͈̙̺̕h̻̲̰̭͕̖̭̣͟͝e̗̳̱̱͉̝͙̜̘ ̬͈̬̖͘ͅM̧̡̱̝̬̺̪̜͝a̶̢̧͇͖n̸̢͈̗a̰̠g̢̘̯̩é̗̣͓͓m̵̲̫e͘҉̩͙͓͈n̵̲̲̤̗̮̞͘t͚͈̖͔̰̲͡ͅ ̫̠̦̱̳̫̮͜r̲͚̞̞̤͙̩̰̹͢e̵̼̪̜̰̼̰͎̰͜q̙̥͚̣̭́u̧̳͉͘i̞͓̟̠̻̕ṟ̤͕͇̦̮́́́ͅé͏҉͇͓̖͈̭̲̠d̫͜ ̧͙̪̥ͅì̻͎͇̺̹t͓͇͇̱̣̣̲͓ ͍͇̯̩o̮̠͍͔̙͔̤̩f͏̺̜̲̥̬̲͟ ͎͇͔̣̫̩ṳ̣̜̘̩̫̭͝ͅṣ̝͎͚̰̲͚͠ ̷̜A͚̜̝̫ĺ̦̖͕̣̰̠̲̱͟͝l̸̰͓̬͢
͚b̦͙̱̯̼͔͈͠ę̳̫̳̫͖w̢̢͉̰̱̻a̜͕̩̳̹̻͉̠r̳̰̞̮͖̻e̷̶̵̥̦̭̫̯͎̟.̜͜ ̨̢̺̯̤̱̘̟̯Ǹ̞̬͎̪͖͘̕o̞̪͕̪͓̰̤̯ͅt̹̝͍̩̻̖̳ͅh̛̰̮̙i̸͞҉̼n҉̻̰̣g̛͈̬̻͚͈̦͉͝͞ ̵̫͈̗̯̤i̶̶̴̳͕̭͉͈s̹̭͕̞̝͓͠͞ͅ ̗̺͙̬͓̤̥̪͠f̷҉̵̝̥͇o̻̝͘r̨͓̤̙̟͓̰e̶̴̖͈̱v̮̗̭̫̀͢͞e̸̢͏̻̮̖̲͓̬̳r͍̺͉̭̥̣̰̕,̤̜̰̭͙̰͎̗̀ ̡̩̯f̨̀͏̪̝̖̥̹̯ͅo҉̛̺̪̺r͖̫̲̞̬̯͢e͓̙̖͔v̻̤̹͔͘ͅe̷̷̙͚̮̳͎̮͖̘r͍̤͎̳̞͙̘̣̫ ̵͎̗̫͕̗̦̠͕͞i̸͈͎̮͈̟̝̲̼͍s͚͍̺̼͍̥͔ ̸̷̞̟̥̻̥̱a͉̖̭͟ ͍͎̺̗̠̦F̪̻̩̣͚͙͞i̸̭̯͔s̬̲͕̳̬̖̦͎͟͠c͓͎̟̞̱̻̝͡͡ͅá͖̲̹̭̻͈̣l̵͉̦̠͚̜̩͎͘̕ ̝̙̦̥̥̰̼Y̙̲̱͔̞̲̙͖e̸̢̜̭̤̘͝a̦ŕ͏̥̮͓̟͙

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh that is indeed an inflated guess. But our dept has been running 7 days forn5 years straight. I'm not worried about the remainder of the year. And that was also an estimate based on if I worked every single weekend which isnt gonna happen.

There's also a few other financial bonuses I was unaware of that will factor in. Unless the perfect house comes along we are not going to make an offer on anything.

But I do like getting a feel for stuff. The one we looked at today has a huge garage and lar gree bedrooms but I really want a house with a basement.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

spog posted:

It took me all the way to the last sentence before I realised that this wasn't a brotruck.

A brotruck volvo would be loving awesome.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

A brotruck volvo would be loving awesome.

The Brolvo.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

STR posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that windshield leak on the Saturn is worse than I thought. Or there's a bad ground somewhere.

New avatar found.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

That's awesome, but definitely avoid counting OT into long-term financial plans. That poo poo is an equation factoring in your current boss, your boss's boss, the board/stockholders, the demand for your product/service, and the input of some other human factors you don't know about yet.

Source: nine years in a department that thrived on OT until we got two new bosses in rapid succession within 18months.
I̧̫͙ ͍̻͇͙͕̜͇̙͠w̨̝a̶̢̼͖͖͝s̬̤̰ ̴͏͇͓̜̗̟j͏̵̯͉̺̗̻̣͎̦u̶͖̟̩̹͇̳̰̩s͜͏͙̟͇̦t̫ͅ ̨̠̮̼̪͎̝̱̗͖a͓͉͈̩͍̲͢͝ ̭͖̻̼͓̝b͈̜̙͈̲̠̪͞u̢̮̪̞̺͉̹̜͘ͅd̯̝̜́̕d̸͎͓̟͕̗̦̣̤į͎̱͎n̤̪̜̹͔͖̕ͅģ̮̜̺̣͎͘ ̠͓͈͙͉̫̥̻͍ś̶̭͇̠͉̖̯͖̱u̧͉͍̳̬̕͡p҉̹̱̫̹͖̗̪̀è͚͍̠̘̩̫͓r̫̕v̗͇̞̝̮̲i̙̣̱̰͉̗̳s̷̴̪̗̼̘͘o͜҉͓̜͖̬̫̠̙̜r͍̲̹͖͎̙͟
͇̙̻̹̹͘͠ ̩͉̣͇̫͚̯̺t͕̼̮͘h̰͝ẹ̢̩̤ỳ̼̤̭̜̘͉̮̞̱͜ ̀͏̝͖̭͎͎̯̭͍̥w͕͖̞͖̠̦̖ͅe̶̷̴̤̞̞r̙̦̟̙̟͢e̴͖̝̝̼̪̥̟͚ ̢̺̪̖̝̭m͍͜y̢̯̣͔̖ ҉̤̫̱̻f͏̥̲͖̦͙̪̳̕͢ͅr͏͏͉̰̘̭ͅi̧̛̺̖̪̞̟͝e̸̯̤͙͝ͅņ̵̪̮̘̤ͅd̴̰̩͔̖͉̠̕s̷̯̯̘͓̟ ̛̪-̠͎̙̻̰͢ ̯͍͖̼̠͈̰͍t͔͎͈̙̺̕h̻̲̰̭͕̖̭̣͟͝e̗̳̱̱͉̝͙̜̘ ̬͈̬̖͘ͅM̧̡̱̝̬̺̪̜͝a̶̢̧͇͖n̸̢͈̗a̰̠g̢̘̯̩é̗̣͓͓m̵̲̫e͘҉̩͙͓͈n̵̲̲̤̗̮̞͘t͚͈̖͔̰̲͡ͅ ̫̠̦̱̳̫̮͜r̲͚̞̞̤͙̩̰̹͢e̵̼̪̜̰̼̰͎̰͜q̙̥͚̣̭́u̧̳͉͘i̞͓̟̠̻̕ṟ̤͕͇̦̮́́́ͅé͏҉͇͓̖͈̭̲̠d̫͜ ̧͙̪̥ͅì̻͎͇̺̹t͓͇͇̱̣̣̲͓ ͍͇̯̩o̮̠͍͔̙͔̤̩f͏̺̜̲̥̬̲͟ ͎͇͔̣̫̩ṳ̣̜̘̩̫̭͝ͅṣ̝͎͚̰̲͚͠ ̷̜A͚̜̝̫ĺ̦̖͕̣̰̠̲̱͟͝l̸̰͓̬͢
͚b̦͙̱̯̼͔͈͠ę̳̫̳̫͖w̢̢͉̰̱̻a̜͕̩̳̹̻͉̠r̳̰̞̮͖̻e̷̶̵̥̦̭̫̯͎̟.̜͜ ̨̢̺̯̤̱̘̟̯Ǹ̞̬͎̪͖͘̕o̞̪͕̪͓̰̤̯ͅt̹̝͍̩̻̖̳ͅh̛̰̮̙i̸͞҉̼n҉̻̰̣g̛͈̬̻͚͈̦͉͝͞ ̵̫͈̗̯̤i̶̶̴̳͕̭͉͈s̹̭͕̞̝͓͠͞ͅ ̗̺͙̬͓̤̥̪͠f̷҉̵̝̥͇o̻̝͘r̨͓̤̙̟͓̰e̶̴̖͈̱v̮̗̭̫̀͢͞e̸̢͏̻̮̖̲͓̬̳r͍̺͉̭̥̣̰̕,̤̜̰̭͙̰͎̗̀ ̡̩̯f̨̀͏̪̝̖̥̹̯ͅo҉̛̺̪̺r͖̫̲̞̬̯͢e͓̙̖͔v̻̤̹͔͘ͅe̷̷̙͚̮̳͎̮͖̘r͍̤͎̳̞͙̘̣̫ ̵͎̗̫͕̗̦̠͕͞i̸͈͎̮͈̟̝̲̼͍s͚͍̺̼͍̥͔ ̸̷̞̟̥̻̥̱a͉̖̭͟ ͍͎̺̗̠̦F̪̻̩̣͚͙͞i̸̭̯͔s̬̲͕̳̬̖̦͎͟͠c͓͎̟̞̱̻̝͡͡ͅá͖̲̹̭̻͈̣l̵͉̦̠͚̜̩͎͘̕ ̝̙̦̥̥̰̼Y̙̲̱͔̞̲̙͖e̸̢̜̭̤̘͝a̦ŕ͏̥̮͓̟͙

Dude, what the gently caress is wrong with your post?

Forums admins humor again?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

bolind posted:

Dude, what the gently caress is wrong with your post?

Forums admins humor again?

Zalgo.

http://eeemo.net/

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Crazy, I always thought that was just a fancy typeface.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I took a few months leave from work to get on a normal schedule with my family for awhile and get some projects done around the house. The slow season for tourism is starting and red tide on the beach has kept everyone away with no signs of slowing down it's loving horrible. The beach is a ghost town.

Also waking up in the morning when it's still dark is some loving bullshit :colbert:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I took a few months leave from work to get on a normal schedule with my family for awhile and get some projects done around the house. The slow season for tourism is starting and red tide on the beach has kept everyone away with no signs of slowing down it's loving horrible. The beach is a ghost town.

Also waking up in the morning when it's still dark is some loving bullshit :colbert:

I feel bad for those in Finland

https://youtu.be/nTjyt-6hJQw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Actually it's real good

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

freelop posted:

I feel bad for those in Finland

https://youtu.be/nTjyt-6hJQw

I dunno, it seems like they have their poo poo kinda sorted out.

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/pantsdrunk-scandinavian-trend-netflix/

some internet journo posted:

First introduced in 2017 as ‘kalsarikännit’, the now easier-for-anglophones-to-pronounce, aptly-named “päntsdrunk” literally means “drinking at home, alone, in your underwear.” And with the upcoming release of local journalist Miska Rantanen’s book: “Päntsdrunk (Kalsarikanni): The Finnish Path to Relaxation,” the concept is once again receiving international attention.

Also, did I just see a kiwifarms banner ad on SA?

fridge corn posted:

Actually it's real good

Everyone is different. I prefer to wake up to a nice sunny day. Some people love waking up to rain and mist. Everyone is different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just listened to another couple at breakfast argue about a famous sober person and his more famous wife's pot use and how that famous guy is gonna get a contact buzz from nis wife's vagina and god drat it I just wanted to eat my waffles.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I hate driving to work with sunlight still visible, and while I also prefer to leave work while it is still dark outside, there's something great about seeing the sun rise over Philadelphia ... in my rearview mirror, as I get the gently caress outta there.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rhyno posted:

I just listened to another couple at breakfast argue about a famous sober person and his more famous wife's pot use and how that famous guy is gonna get a contact buzz from nis wife's vagina and god drat it I just wanted to eat my waffles.

Both hit and run and chips were funny and good.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I hate driving to work with sunlight still visible, and while I also prefer to leave work while it is still dark outside, there's something great about seeing the sun rise over Philadelphia ... in my rearview mirror, as I get the gently caress outta there.

That's my favorite thing about philly too. :allears:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You know you've picked the right shop for an alignment when there's a track prepped E30 on the rack when you pull in.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

spog posted:

New avatar found.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Turns out Sapporo has a midnight lowrider club. They're cruising round the TV Tower, requisite amounts of hitting potion and three wheel motion in evidence. :911:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
are there kei lowriders

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

STR posted:

Too bad I drowned the drat thing today. :doh: Pouring rain and dropped it into a deep puddle getting out of the car. It technically works (touchscreen, apps, etc work fine), but all audio from the internal speaker is garbled (probably water in the speaker), and it won't charge (I assume the charging port just needs to dry out; the charger, which is a dual port, quit charging my other phone anytime I plugged in the Moto). I was able to finish the rest of my shift with it, though the battery was down to about 50% (which is past when it just powers off these days). I turned it off for now, I'll plug it in when I wake up in the morning and hope it'll charge. If not, I get to install my work apps on my personal phone and play swap the SIM all day.

Dat IP67 rating came in handy today. It's been used in the rain plenty, and very briefly got dunked in puddles a couple of times, but never for this long.

Yeah... bought a new to me phone overnight, then got a not so friendly reminder call about the unpaid electric bill for my old apartment (not bad - a whopping $46, but I don't want it going to collections), GF reminded me I still owed her for my share of this week's groceries ($30), and Sallie Mae reminded me I'm overdue on a payment ($87). :doh: That $105 I spent on the phone + $15 on a good case would be kinda nice to have back about now, but my work phone has been having GPS and battery issues for awhile; it's on borrowed time.

Damnit man. I as much as offered my xpure w/ cracked screen for cost of shipping. It's been sitting on my desk for about a month. :v:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Very tempted to buy my Buddy's Miata. 225k miles but the original (and previous) owner kept ever single service record for the car and it's completely almost completely stock and unmolested. The only modification on the car is a strut bar and new springs/shocks (also BBS wheels).

It's a 1993 NA and he wants $3k for it but I want to see if he'll come down to $2500.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

H̡͍E͉̖̤͓͡ ̡͖̺̣̰̗̤C͇̟O̶M̳̟̭̱̖̖È̱̱̙̯͇̫͓S̘̙͍͎̤͔̠.̱̯̳̺͝

POWER STAR

edit:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are there kei lowriders

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

are there kei lowriders

Googling "kei lowrider" just returns '58-'66 Impalas. "Kei bosozoku", on the other hand...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
No kei lowriders unfortunately, just a collection of stanced euro fare.

No photos I'm afraid, as they turned out a bit rubbish. Partly poor light, mostly me being slightly drunk.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Darchangel posted:

POWER STAR

POWER BOTTOM STR

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I couldn't sleep last night and started reading Consumer Reports online. They've started posting owner's feedback in with their auto reliability scores, and I don't know that I put any stock in their reliability scores anymore.

So then I flipped over and started looking at appliances. Same story -- along with their ratings, they let owners do their own reports. Same story -- the models they recommend frequently have low user ratings. Most start with "I bought this because it was recommended by CR and it's garbage". Followed by stupid anecdotes like 'My vacuum sucks as a dog grooming device' or 'My dishwasher doesn't get hot enough to bake my tilapia'.

These are the people filling out CR's surveys.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Goober Peas posted:

I couldn't sleep last night and started reading Consumer Reports online. They've started posting owner's feedback in with their auto reliability scores, and I don't know that I put any stock in their reliability scores anymore.

So then I flipped over and started looking at appliances. Same story -- along with their ratings, they let owners do their own reports. Same story -- the models they recommend frequently have low user ratings. Most start with "I bought this because it was recommended by CR and it's garbage". Followed by stupid anecdotes like 'My vacuum sucks as a dog grooming device' or 'My dishwasher doesn't get hot enough to bake my tilapia'.

two of those 3 screenshots are completely valid complaints

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Damnit man. I as much as offered my xpure w/ cracked screen for cost of shipping. It's been sitting on my desk for about a month. :v:

Yeah, I just don't feel like dealing with replacing a cracked screen. :v:

Besides, I've already had one of those. Need something with more substantial battery life.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

STR posted:

Yeah, I just don't feel like dealing with replacing a cracked screen. :v:

Besides, I've already had one of those. Need something with more substantial battery life.

Why do you think it's still sitting on my desk? :v: It's not really worth much for trade in or anything anywhere with a busted screen, and $100 to replace screen and battery doesn't help that proposition any either.. sigh.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hey, y'all, if you're a nerd like I am, and close to Dallas/Fort Worth, FenCon is this weekend: http://fencon.org/
I work the video room. It's a good little con, with none of the mobs of people there to see the latest TV star.
This year, in a repeat of our first year, we have Larry Niven as a guest of honor, among others.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

InitialDave posted:

No kei lowriders unfortunately

you know what you must do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Goober Peas posted:

first and third are legit though

• Locked thread