Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I would LOVE to see the documentation on that appraisal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Powershift posted:

my life be like ooooooooh ahhhhhhh

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Why did Honda kill the Prelude? Bad sales I assume? I loved that model, but holy hell was it pricey from what I remember.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Why did Honda kill the Prelude? Bad sales I assume? I loved that model, but holy hell was it pricey from what I remember.

2+2s died

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

The Door Frame posted:

Car $2,000, artwork $48,000.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Car should be an easy 35,000 dollar bill flip

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Don Lapre posted:

Car should be an easy 35,000 dollar bill flip

I read that in Darrel Sheets' voice.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sales, yeah. The Accord coupe was much worse but somehow survived.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Honda bringing on the S2000 didn’t help either.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
How many dedicated coupes and convertibles survived the late 90's to mid 00's die off of fun cars?
The Mustang, Camero, Miata, tC, and 350z are the only non-luxury cars I can think of that survived. Honorable mentions go to the PT Cruiser GT for somehow almost making it despite being terrible in every way

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

How many dedicated coupes and convertibles survived the late 90's to mid 00's die off of fun cars?
The Mustang, Camero, Miata, tC, and 350z are the only non-luxury cars I can think of that survived. Honorable mentions go to the PT Cruiser GT for somehow almost making it despite being terrible in every way

I bought a 97 Sebring because it was the only convertible I could afford that had a back seat real people could sit in. My 6-year-old son promptly filled the rear seat footwell with vomit when the car was about two weeks old.

Virtually every car of that era was terrible, actually.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Lots of Saabs 900/9-3, the convertible classic 900 is pretty much a cool car again now and have this feeling the 90s ones will do likewise. Depending on where you’re at, maybe Saab is in luxury car territory though. Alfa Spiders/GTV and fiat barchettas also made it through alright

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

The camaro was killed off for about 5 years and I don’t remember what catalyzed the return. Although it’s not really a coupe, the GTI survived, until recently when they cut the 2dr version from America and left us with only the 4dr. The civic si also lived on through those years and they introduced the hatch version which I liked, but then went back to the coupe. RIP Acura Integra.

And the accord coupe was killed for MY2018 :smith: but they still sell the 4dr sport with a manual

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Mustang survived many dark times. The dark ages of the Mustang II along with Ford wanting to turn it into a FWD platform.

I crap on Chrysler (or whatever you want to call them now) but the guy that signs off on to stuff 700-800HP engines into basically everything get's my vote. They need to shoehorn one of those mills into a Pacifica.

As for the Camaro years when it went dark, GM bean counting.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

As for the Camaro years when it went dark, GM bean counting.

To be fair, the Camaros leading up to that weren't great anyway.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Colostomy Bag posted:

The Mustang survived many dark times. The dark ages of the Mustang II along with Ford wanting to turn it into a FWD platform.

I crap on Chrysler (or whatever you want to call them now) but the guy that signs off on to stuff 700-800HP engines into basically everything get's my vote. They need to shoehorn one of those mills into a Pacifica.
Now it's the musclecar Renaissance. Even Kia makes a 500hp RWD car, and the Mustang GT is faster than a '69 Cobra.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The mustang II steering will live on forever in thousands of hot rods. Gods plan.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The Door Frame posted:

He missed the period before the cents. Actually appraised at $500.00

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I remember lusting after the 5th Gen Prelude for so many years. Something about the design is really timeless in a way that the similar era Celica, etc just isn't. I have no idea how it drives though

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Not sure on the fifth, but my brother in law had a grey market fourth Gen that was just beautiful. It's wasn't exceptionally fast, but it felt like a proper highway devourer and it wasn't a slouch in the corners.

Some dick tailgated him in the snow so now it's parts. It donated the h22 that blew up in an integra on its maiden track day.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

dk2m posted:

I remember lusting after the 5th Gen Prelude for so many years. Something about the design is really timeless in a way that the similar era Celica, etc just isn't. I have no idea how it drives though

They drive decently. It feels like a big fat Integra/Civic from around the same time. It's more refined and quieter, but less precise.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dk2m posted:

Very nicely, but the rear view is terrible and it has a surprisingly large turning circle. The rear pillar is huge and makes a massive blind spot, from what I remember.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I had a 2G and 3G Prelude (FWD) and they also had a big turning circles.

Frond fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 18, 2018

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Thats why you needed the 4WS (4-wheel-steering) version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Kjrcmbefo

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/custom-91-honda-crx-si/6697332305.html

Nothing like highly customized cars that came out in the Fast and Furious Era where they spent more on customization than the car was worth new.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

not craigslist, but "what if a pantera had room for four and i made it myself"

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 20, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's like "What if InchDick had a fuckload of money and resources."

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Oh God Why?

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I’m not a purist at all, but that motor swap ruins that car. It’s just replacing something cool and unusual with literally the most boring possible alternative. And the shifter looks like a tumor on the center console.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

There was one of those at a road rally I did this summer. So loving cool. I only took like 5 pics of the whole weekend event, but one of them was it at least.

Pretty hilarious they want 50k for that.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I think the 50k is because they're usually worth about $100k if not hosed up. There's one for sale in australia for $350k, and a few in europe for around E100,000.
I wonder who the gently caress was the PO, like were they just given that and told go crazy. Worst PO ever. Obviously didn't give a gently caress about ruining something that is worth a lot in parts alone if it was just not messed with.
It's loving kanye'ed

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fo3 posted:

I think the 50k is because they're usually worth about $100k if not hosed up. There's one for sale in australia for $350k, and a few in europe for around E100,000.
I wonder who the gently caress was the PO, like were they just given that and told go crazy. Worst PO ever. Obviously didn't give a gently caress about ruining something that is worth a lot in parts alone if it was just not messed with.
It's loving kanye'ed

When they hosed it up, it was probably only worth $10k. The "investor" car bubble is dumb as poo poo.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-gmc-vandura/6697678948.html

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Oh god, that interior

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Loanarn posted:

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/custom-91-honda-crx-si/6697332305.html

Nothing like highly customized cars that came out in the Fast and Furious Era where they spent more on customization than the car was worth new.

how many hours did he spend grinding reputation stars to be allowed to put that many vinyls on his car?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fo3 posted:

It's loving kanye'ed

The worst part nobody has talked about yet is the 'Lamborghini' script on the front windshield and on that rear glass panel. That, more than anything imho, speaks about the class and taste of the person that put it on there.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KakerMix posted:

The worst part nobody has talked about yet is the 'Lamborghini' script on the front windshield and on that rear glass panel. That, more than anything imho, speaks about the class and taste of the person that put it on there.

He didn't even airbrush flames and skulls onto the hood and fenders.

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

Oh god, that interior

Imagine the stank all that ugly fur is holding onto.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Lol @ that last line. "This picture is from 3 years ago but if you detail it then it'll basically look like this"