Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

This was good, and it's remarkable how little leeway anyone has for Schottenheimer. People were very leery from the start, and he's so bad that I'm beginning to wonder if he will last the year. Incurring fan anger is one thing, but if it looks like he's feuding with the franchise QB...not going great!

Then again, Pete seems to stick by his guys, and if that's true this may end the era.

Who do they get that’s any better? Who wants to replace a guy who gets fired halfway through a season to go work for a potentially lame duck coaching staff with a head coach who is apparently involved in things like managing the offensive play balance and an offensive line that, as a unit, can’t run or pass block?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

If he does, Mike Thomas might wanna start looking over his shoulder.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1041979142131146752

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1042326430837821442

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gurley had like 30 yards

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Coming out of preseason I didn't think it was possible that the SF rushing attack would have been a force to reckon with, but Matt Breida ran all over the Lions and currently leads the league in rushing yards.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Coming out of preseason I didn't think it was possible that the SF rushing attack would have been a force to reckon with, but Matt Breida ran all over the Lions and currently leads the league in rushing yards.

Leads the league ? Awesome !

I really hope that wasn't a fluke since he made big plays that contributed directly to the win. I was expecting Morris to take up the slack at RB, but it looks like Breida is a stud now. Unless his big plays were really, really well-called it looks like a breakout game, because the Lions defense had something to prove. And still gave up 30 points.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

mllaneza posted:

Leads the league ? Awesome !

I really hope that wasn't a fluke since he made big plays that contributed directly to the win. I was expecting Morris to take up the slack at RB, but it looks like Breida is a stud now. Unless his big plays were really, really well-called it looks like a breakout game, because the Lions defense had something to prove. And still gave up 30 points.

It's only two games so there's no reason to get too exited, but the Jerick McKinnon signing might have lit a fire up his rear end. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

hifi posted:

gurley had like 30 yards

Or 73 yards rushing/receiving, three TD's, and two two point conversions.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I really like Garropolo, but I feel like he took a lot of unnecessary sacks. He made his reads and just froze there in the pocket . Part of me wishes he was more like Kaep. If the first read isn't there, run like your life depended on it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I really like Garropolo, but I feel like he took a lot of unnecessary sacks. He made his reads and just froze there in the pocket . Part of me wishes he was more like Kaep. If the first read isn't there, run like your life depended on it.

Uh. I don't think you actually watched many Kap games, or else you've forgotten. Kap (and Alex before him) took a lot of sacks. It's kind of a 49er tradition.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Taking sacks is a 49er tradition.

Somebody ring up Steve Young and tell him this, because I don't think he got the memo.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Somebody ring up Steve Young and tell him this, because I don't think he got the memo.

You’re sure picked the perfect way to refute wha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dw63deh_Y

Oh.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Oh.

Why would you even show this?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Why would you even show this?

Steve had some of the highest sack rates in NFL history in his last few seasons in the NFL. That sack ended his career.

Here’s the 2013 season, the last year Kap and the 49ers really excelled https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/2013-quarterbacks-true-sack-rate

Notice where Kap is on the list.

49ers tradition.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 20, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Is this a Steve Young concussion joke?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That poo poo looked like it ended his life

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I think Talib has been quietly the best addition the Rams made this offseason. He matches up so well against teams possession receivers and has been lights out so far. Him and Peters together is insane. Also the fact that we play the AFC West this season and we have 2 corners that played in that division for the last few years.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I mean he can't really run. Jimmy G is not fast, he has some quickness but to move the ball he's gonna have to throw it. Jimmy G is better off maneuvering in the pocket rather than fleeing it

DariusLikewise posted:

I think Talib has been quietly the best addition the Rams made this offseason. He matches up so well against teams possession receivers and has been lights out so far. Him and Peters together is insane. Also the fact that we play the AFC West this season and we have 2 corners that played in that division for the last few years.

He's been far better than I expected (so far). I thought when the Broncos were willing to let him go that maybe he was declining, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, playing in a secondary with some other very talented guys should help. Very excited to see the Rams against a decent team this weekend, I kinda think they're still gonna smoke em

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

Oh.

The way his body whiplashed :stonk:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

The way his body whiplashed :stonk:

The way they used to hit QBs was brutal. Montana took a few like that, too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1042862713360265218

aNdReW wHiTwOrTh Is DeClInInG wItH aGe

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

He blocked for the running back who had like 30 yards

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

weak sauce, try again

I was worried about the line too, as a group they played so much better than the sum of its parts last season. Granted, they haven't been challenged much so far but what I've seen is fantastic. And they need that because Goff is utter poo poo under pressure.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

hifi posted:

34-0

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
If you're still wondering why Jimmy G's looked mortal,

https://twitter.com/MattHarmon_BYB/status/1042899698514718721

O-line that's still coming together, and a lot of young WRs who don't know how to get separation or run the right routes yet.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

hifi posted:

This is dumb.

Play posted:

I was worried about the line too, as a group they played so much better than the sum of its parts last season. Granted, they haven't been challenged much so far but what I've seen is fantastic. And they need that because Goff is utter poo poo under pressure.

I believe Austin Blythe is going to continue playing at RG even though Jamon Brown is back. Jamon said that the Rams should stay with Austin because he's playing so well. That's a solid teammate, right there.

Jamon Brown posted:

“I’m going to do whatever is asked of me,” Brown said on Wednesday, via the OC Register. “Blythe, he played well the first two weeks and I think he earned and deserved every right to continue to keep that up. I’ll do what I can, as far as still preparing and still practicing and approaching every day the same.”

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sorry. that last one was trolling although I do hate pff grades

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

one of the cardinals guys is pulling out his knives https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/1042974913441628161

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

hifi posted:

I'm like 50/50 on the PFF grades, so I hear what you're saying.

After years of the Rams being poo poo, I'll take any high ratings they get now.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I'm like 50/50 on the PFF grades, so I hear what you're saying.

After years of the Rams being poo poo, I'll take any high ratings they get now.

I'm not judging because I've been there before and will be again, and you should be excited because your team is awesome, but I can't look at PFF o-line stats without remembering their insistence that Chilo Rachal was a dominant player. A series of articles about Chad Henne's MVP case would have been less damaging to their credibility

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

I'm not a huge fan either, I don't think they do even close to enough to actually reduce variables in making those grades. So they fluctuate enormously based on the competition and a million other factors of that day. At the same time, I don't see this kind of service offered anywhere else and sometimes it's cool to just get a general idea at how a certain player is performing especially a player like a guard where you're not gonna have your eyes on him all game (unless it's Quenton Nelson <3)

Here's a real, nonimaginary stat: Austin Blythe has given up one solitary pressure in two games so far. It's a great thing to have an extra starter-quality guard like Brown on the payroll now that Blythe is playing so well.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The 2nd part of Blythe being good is he can play center too, so even if the doomsday scenario of O'Sullivan going down happens, Blythe can kick over to center and Brown steps into RG.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

The 2nd part of Blythe being good is he can play center too, so even if the doomsday scenario of O'Sullivan going down happens, Blythe can kick over to center and Brown steps into RG.

Yeah exactly. You need guys with flexibility and talent who can step in when things go wrong and prevent an epic meltdown

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Hey, you. Yeah, you Seahawks fans.

https://twitter.com/PFF_49ers/status/1041838302054113281

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ok but how clean is his room

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

you misspelled, "front office"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Good for him. He's awesome. We still didn't want to pay him $11 million, especially when Shaq Griffin is looking pretty good and is way younger/cheaper.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe you should have spent that money on your O-line then

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Out of curiosity I looked over Free Agent lineman next year and there's actually a few decent pickups out there if the Seahawks decides to actually do something about their O-line

Play posted:

Yeah exactly. You need guys with flexibility and talent who can step in when things go wrong and prevent an epic meltdown

The future is looking bright too

LT - Andrew Whitworth - Signed this year and next year, probably retires after that, Joe Notebloom steps in
LG - Roger Saffold - Free agent next year, said he would take a discount to stay after what the Rams did with his contract before. Brown and Blythe could also both step in and play here.
C - John O'Sullivan - Signed this year and next year, probably retires after that, Blythe could step in after, but they also have Brian Allen who was drafted this year
RG - Austin Blythe - Signed this year and next 2 years, Brown can step in here if Blythe moves or goes down
RT - Havenstein is locked up for this year and four more years after

They are stashing a few guys on the practice squad as well I assume will step into backup roles in 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle should have kept Sherman but to be fair he did have a pretty serious injury. Sherman + Griffin = delicious secondary. Although I also want to give a shoutout to Seahawks Safety MacDougald. He's been really good.