Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaske
May 22, 2005

Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a beak!
Got lucky and killed my convict's past today - I didn't realize how great Bionic Leg was until I got some synergies. I picked up Polaris and Mutation on the second floor after getting the bionic leg from the first boss. Found a Crutch along the way to turn Mutation into a boss wrecker and got Polaris to lv. 3, which with the synergy was one-shotting most things in the Hollow. The High Priest gave me the Megahand, which let me clear out the Forge with ease and I shocked my way to a Dragun kill. First run of the day. Feels good.

Oddly, I've also been playing on Switch and managed to kill the Dragun with the Convict yesterday, but I hadn't picked up the Ancient Powder yet. I very rarely play Convict and now I've won twice with her in two days.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
https://prntscr.com/ks7cbd

Am I just dead?

EDIT: *Apparently, I couldn't figure out how to embed an image :(

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 9, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

twig1919 posted:

https://prntscr.com/ks7cbd

Am I just dead?

EDIT: *Apparently, I couldn't figure out how to embed an image :(

nah you can make that distance.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

AkumaHokoru posted:

nah you can make that distance.

Ah thanks, I eventually made it after losing most of health trying, then died in the next room.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
riddle of lead and the yellow chamber..wow

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

twig1919 posted:

Ah thanks, I eventually made it after losing most of health trying, then died in the next room.

yeah the tutorial does introduce you to wide pits but they dont appear in the runs very often and the first time they do they usually gently caress over your run

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ring of triggers

plus

the compressed air canister

plus

a trivially-toggled active item such as the jetpack

equals

sharknado at will.

i also have a backpack so triggering the jetpack fires a missile, which causes my sunglasses to kick in, meaning it's slowmo shark frenzy

e: lmao the gunbow is even more insane

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 9, 2018

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

now this is a blessed run

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I kind of wish that grabbing the Old Crest as the Marine would give him a red armor alt. Or that you could pick Comorant in a special mode after you become him once.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Being able to change into the beholster if you got all his guns was just a rumor right?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the other day i rolled into a bullet three seconds away from killing the Dragun and achieving Lead God

pretty sure i scared birds off the roof of my building by yelling gently caress

the dark marker with Antichamber synergy is disgustingly, appallingly good

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I didn't realize the dark marker was a charge shot gun so I threw it into a muncher, which gave me the pea shooter

I had the science cannon/disintegrator synergy for wiping bosses though

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
I got my first Lead God run two days ago and went on to do a Blessed run. The absolute highlight was getting the Knight Time synergy (Gunknight Greaves + Ballistic Boots, taking damage stops enemy time), then shooting a Gunjurer with the Scrambler. They hurled the egg back at me, which since it's My bullet or something moves at normal speed, and stops the Gunjurer from finishing their spell when it damaged me. I completely killed myself down from at least four hearts. I'm not even mad.

Honorable mentions to whenever I got stuck with the Microtransaction Gun and was forced to piss my wallet away, and when I had to kill an Iron Maiden with the camera. Still, I eventually got it done.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I got my first Lead God run two days ago and went on to do a Blessed run. The absolute highlight was getting the Knight Time synergy (Gunknight Greaves + Ballistic Boots, taking damage stops enemy time), then shooting a Gunjurer with the Scrambler. They hurled the egg back at me, which since it's My bullet or something moves at normal speed, and stops the Gunjurer from finishing their spell when it damaged me. I completely killed myself down from at least four hearts. I'm not even mad.

Honorable mentions to whenever I got stuck with the Microtransaction Gun and was forced to piss my wallet away, and when I had to kill an Iron Maiden with the camera. Still, I eventually got it done.

When I was new I did the same thing normal time though, had the scrambler and shot a gunjurer was running and wondering what the gently caress was going on before I died.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

swear to loving christ on a stick that Ammoconda is meant to be a run ender no matter how good or bad it's going

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Black August posted:

swear to loving christ on a stick that Ammoconda is meant to be a run ender no matter how good or bad it's going

I just shoot the drat thing and ignore the turrets. Eventually, one of us dies.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
If I have any kind of movement speed item ammoconda is baby time because you can outrun him, if I don't I'm definitely getting hit at least twice even if I have some god-tier item or gun

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
AMMOCONDA :argh:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the snake, is bad

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yes it is, and this

Wolfsheim posted:

If I have any kind of movement speed item ammoconda is baby time because you can outrun him, if I don't I'm definitely getting hit at least twice even if I have some god-tier item or gun

is why. It never clicked for me before, but that's definitely what makes it feel like such a bullshit boss.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
the real issue is the pods it eats have way too much health it eats it gets longer it gets faster there's more bullets being produced by its segments giving you much less room to dodge with/burning through your blanks. he should be on the 3rd or 4th floor.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Get rid of the pods entirely and the snake is fair

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'd be alright with the pods continuing to exist as a mechanic...but off the top of my head, it seems like they need to have their health reduced to like 33-40% of current values. They're just so spongy that even if you're drilling into one with your strongest weapon, the snake often manages to catch up and eat it nonetheless.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

High priest is the snake in a robe. Priest bad.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The Resourceful Rat is a bitch because he's basically 3 High Priests taped together. I don't know why both of his phases have attacks that come in from the walls but I loving hate it

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Most times unless I have a high damage weapon I just ignore the pods, just loving not worth it

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Nothing like having one shambling round left for your hunt then clearing black powder mines FIVE TIMES and still not finding one :argh:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Klaus Kinski posted:

High priest is the snake in a robe. Priest bad.

the priest is the worst level 4 boss, except for the level 4 boss i just fought

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

I got this game a few months ago, and am not too great at it. Finally killed the Marine's past a couple weeks back, after probably 250 deaths.

Working on the Pilot now, and have gotten killed in the past three or four times now. I looked up some tips for it after the most recent death (besides don't get hit), and found mention of a special weapon active item that the Pilot's ship has, and somehow dipshit me completely missed. Hopefully I can finish it out next time.

Also, does anyone have tips for Wallmonger? I see a lot of complaints about Kill Pillars, but I seem to do okay on them. Wallmonger consistently wrecks my poo poo unless I have the black hole gun or some other overpowered gun.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

knows a black guy posted:

I got this game a few months ago, and am not too great at it. Finally killed the Marine's past a couple weeks back, after probably 250 deaths.

Working on the Pilot now, and have gotten killed in the past three or four times now. I looked up some tips for it after the most recent death (besides don't get hit), and found mention of a special weapon active item that the Pilot's ship has, and somehow dipshit me completely missed. Hopefully I can finish it out next time.

Also, does anyone have tips for Wallmonger? I see a lot of complaints about Kill Pillars, but I seem to do okay on them. Wallmonger consistently wrecks my poo poo unless I have the black hole gun or some other overpowered gun.

so it lays the track of 3 lines of shots. in between those 2 rectangle lines and the spread shot is always a gap you can cleanly walk through as none of the bullets during that sequence are aimed.

be ready for the line of bullets it likes to tack onto the start or end of a pattern. when it does fire in the middle and waves of bullets I believe your dodge roll at the last minute is just enough to pass through the wall of bullets.

other than that keep in mind it has one shot out of all its patterns it can actually aim at you and its always a secondary shot to a primary unaimed shot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I really like this game (13 hours, 20 runs in, only reached dragun phase 2 once) but I have the same complaint everyone else does. I'm using the same dang gun for 60% of every run. Just give me some lovely D tier weapons that don't matter for free near the beginning of runs or something!

Otherwise game is fun but the lead lord still fucks me up (gull and twins are ez). I've been going oubliette 80% of the time recently (if there are no red/black chests in keep or if I have lots of keys) which maybe is why I feel like I'm using the starting gun all the time.

My nightmare run would be lead lord, ammoconda, mine flayer, high priest. Though floor 3 is pretty balanced in general.

Does anyone have any tips relating to secret walls? I never catch them.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

No Wave posted:

Does anyone have any tips relating to secret walls? I never catch them.

There's no visual tell around them aside from a wall that becomes cracked when you fire an ammo expending weapon at them. Starter pistol or anything with unlimited ammo won't do it.

An easy place to look for them is chest rooms, since they've got three easy walls with cardinal directions to look in. Sometimes it can also appear in a shop or in the exit elevator room. Obviously shooting in the shop might not be recommended but there's always a chance.

As far as procedural generation, the secret rooms have to be in a direction where you can physically have a room. If your chest room is right next to another room on the map, it won't be able to fit. Aside from that I still don't have much more beyond that.

Thaske
May 22, 2005

Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a beak!
They also tend to spawn along the outer edges of the map, but that's not a hard and fast rule. What makes this worse is that not every level will have a secret room. To get around the shop issue I like to burn extra blanks in the shop or any other suspicious rooms after killing a boss, but only if I didn't end up with extra to carry over to the next floor.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Four main places for secret walls are chest rooms, store and elevator after boss. If you see a mulcher use the weapons you are combining first on all outer walls; same as with full Ammo packs (only for that room though)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i wish i could pay 10 bossbux or something to remove a weapon or upgrade from the item pool for a run. maybe have the cost increase the more weapons/upgrades you remove, until the run is over

i know I don't ever want to see Shock Rounds (not battery bullets), the tear jerker, the loving thunderclap, or half of the charged weapons

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok finally beat Dragun. I think the game gets substantially, substantially easier the more you unlock (much more than the veteran "git gud" crew likes to suggest), and also the scrambler is broken af (I didn't get a single master round). Had wax wings so I got to turn in 3 items to the forge lady, pretty op and got one hit away from killing the past but didnt understand a few mechanics in that fight so threw at the end. I guess this is where the grind begins but man I'm tempted to just cheat engine hegemony credits.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 25, 2018

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

spit on my clit posted:

i wish i could pay 10 bossbux or something to remove a weapon or upgrade from the item pool for a run. maybe have the cost increase the more weapons/upgrades you remove, until the run is over

i know I don't ever want to see Shock Rounds (not battery bullets), the tear jerker, the loving thunderclap, or half of the charged weapons

Shock Rounds can be hilarious with Helix, Scattershot, and Bouncy Bullets though.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
you know some runs you wonder why you do the abbey and then you win a seven leaf clover and also find a demon head market leading to you beating the lich as the resourceful rat and finally obtaining lead god (holy poo poo after learning to dodge the robot is so loving awesome):toot:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

The potion of gun friendship and +1 to bullet bug is one hell of a way to do a run. (That synergy makes your current gun revolve around you for the potion duration, dropping the potion makes it last forever). I couldn't tell where I was and almost died because of it, but being a vortex of guns was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jesus space friend + raiden is broken. I beat the old iron king holding down fire the entire fight and it only took 150 of the 750 ammo I had. And it's way worse against bosses than normal rooms (which it just trivializes).

EDIT: This game is obviously very successful (and the visuals are AMAZING) but i just don't get why the devs are so stingy with D/C chests while having such an absurd number of broken items in the game otherwise. Like I'd love a version of the game that nerfed a lot of the broken stuff (especially C tier stuff like the scrambler) but was much more generous with D/C tier weapons. I had a run where I died on floor 4 but I was super fun because I had the bow and got to use that all game instead of using the starter gun all game as usual.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 25, 2018