Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LastInLine posted:

its literally right next to the ⋮ on the right

...which isn't the title bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
and it's better anyway because now you can't self-doxx as easily since it's not your name (when posting screenshots, for example)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it does still have your goony rear end g+ profile picture or whatever

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
i tried changing the picture and it's a choice between initials and maybe 20 predefined icons, including :imunfunny:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wheany posted:

...which isn't the title bar

ah didnt realize this was a moved cheese situation carry on

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

anthonypants posted:

i use a personal one and a work one
the account switcher thing is now in the address bar area, next to the three vertical dot menu

my bitter bi rival posted:

me for work and personal separation. firefox's profiles are not as easy to use as chromes were but are still fine.

Hm, I do this using two versions of the same browser - Release and Beta. Maybe I should look into profiles, but I dislike the ugly icons it puts on the taskbar.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I've never felt the need for a second Chrome profile. Account switching on Google websites works pretty well, just click the thing in the corner and use your other account.

:shrug:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i aviod using even my single google account v:shobon:v

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i aviod using even my single google account v:shobon:v

Wish you would avoid using even your single SA account (in addition to avoiding using any/all parachute accounts)!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

LastInLine posted:

ah didnt realize this was a moved cheese situation carry on

the bigger issue was my name being there. The initials in the new button were an improvement and the generic icons are great

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

my work is on google. we jut got google chat, but still have hangouts. google chat is only supported in browser. so if someone messages you both chrome and hangouts alert you.

“oh well just close one dumbass”

nope, chat has special rooms for group chat that don’t work with hangouts, and hangouts group chat doesn’t work with chat as far as I can tell. so if you don’t have both open you’re going to miss something. only direct messages are interoperable.

and half the office is still on ibm notes sametime.

kill me and grant me sweet release.

sametime is very good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shaggar posted:

sametime is very good

:wrong:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ive litterrally never had problems w/ sametime.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

then u r the problem

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Krankenstyle posted:

then u r the problem

computer janitor doesn’t see the problem in software he makes other people use. very surprising.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sametime is so bad that when we switched to skype it was an improvement

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sametime was soooo much better than skype idk what y'all are on. sametime was the most basic bare bones chat client and it worked great. skype 4 business is unusable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if our nurses who are all both nurses and 55+ can figure out sametime, yosposters must be dumb as gently caress.

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007
can confirm that S4B is verrrry bad at literally all its jobs.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
holy poo poo the all white background when you navigate between tabs on android chrome is dogshit garbage

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
chome is clown shoes on any platform fyi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

holy poo poo android is dogshit garbage

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

qirex posted:

sametime is so bad that when we switched to skype it was an improvement

horse poo poo

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jenny Agutter posted:

horse poo poo

that’s skype’s other name, yes.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we only use skype for im not meetings or telephony, it's bad but better than sametime

I wish I still had it installed for a screenshot, it does this awesome thing where if you resize the window below the default minimum width it shrinks by cutting off the left side of the window, where everyone's names are

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Low-Pass Filter posted:

can confirm that S4B is verrrry bad at literally all its jobs.

seriously, its more like s3b, poo poo barely makes the grade

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like sometime lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

we only use skype for im not meetings or telephony, it's bad but better than sametime

I wish I still had it installed for a screenshot, it does this awesome thing where if you resize the window below the default minimum width it shrinks by cutting off the left side of the window, where everyone's names are

if you don't have skype installed then how are you using it?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
very carefully

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol how does shagger, of all people, not know about the web version of skype for business

Low-Pass Filter
Aug 12, 2007

anthonypants posted:

web version of skype for business

*shudders*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

you recoil, but when we used communicator it was the only way to have spellchecking and other aim features from the 90s

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

anthonypants posted:

lol how does shagger, of all people, not know about the web version of skype for business

that's not really usable as a normal chat client.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only thing s4b has going for it is federation. idk why teams doesn't have it yet.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
sametime is good in that it looks and feels like AIM. I just wish my coworkers would put 2004 emo songs as their away messages because that’d be funny as hell.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

sametime is good in that it looks and feels like AIM. I just wish my coworkers would put 2004 emo songs as their away messages because that’d be funny as hell.

be the change you want to see in the world

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

if you don't have skype installed then how are you using it?
obtuse as a straight loving line, this one

I don't have sametime installed anymore otherwise I would have included screenshots of its horrible interface to illustrate my point

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
man you must be pretty brain damaged to not be able to figure out sametime. heres a hint. to chat w/ someone you double click on their name. then in the window that comes up you type in the lower half and hit enter. then the chat appears in the top!

unlike s4b you will never run into the scenario where you or your chat partner send ims and then they don't appear until you close and reopen that chat window. sametime also wont randomly decide you are away and send an IM to your email instead of the skype client.

I guess maybe you can shrink the sametime chat window smaller than you should be able to which is a funny gag, but the chat always works which is something you cant say for s4b.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lotus shaggartime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

akadajet posted:

lotus shaggartime