Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Phew, that's a relief

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
What loving state has to worry about laced drugs from a store and have you tried calling the police?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Oh no. I smoked weed after cooking dinner and cleaning the litter box...i double contaminated my weed.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Favorite strains chat: A good Durban Poison or sour diesel gets me going, but my favorite has to be strawberry cough. I really trip out.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

AkumaHokoru posted:

there's only 2 times you have to worry about laced weed. if you didn't buy it and you don't know the person you are buying from. if its legal weed its heavily regulated they practically work in clean rooms and everything is on the level.

the only laced weed anyone needs to actively worry about anywhere in america is the fake poo poo for sale in gas stations

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

poverty goat posted:

the only laced weed anyone needs to actively worry about anywhere in america is the fake poo poo for sale in gas stations

this is true the first part is in reference to smoking with unknown people and getting gas station weed.

Goonerousity
Sep 25, 2017

aww yeah

DISCO KING posted:

Favorite strains chat: A good Durban Poison or sour diesel gets me going, but my favorite has to be strawberry cough. I really trip out.

Between you and me brother I have a bag of this African stuff that tastes like strawberry oatmeal

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Who the gently caress buys oatmeal nail polish?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I bought a new pen off eBay, should I be concerned when every single listing flogs itself as 'authentic'?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I mean it really depends on the brand and the general sketchiness of the listing

Do you want some product recommendations? Headshops and random eBay listings are kind of the worst places to get these things, especially if you don't know what you're looking for

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i cannot get a single loving weed help me. help me!

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am in nsw australia and the cops are at war on weed but i need it to live and thrive

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

I mean it really depends on the brand and the general sketchiness of the listing

Do you want some product recommendations? Headshops and random eBay listings are kind of the worst places to get these things, especially if you don't know what you're looking for

If you have recommendations for online shops then yes. I'm willing to float ebay $20 to find out if this is a good pen.

Edit It's the Magneto by Yocan

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

If you have recommendations for online shops then yes. I'm willing to float ebay $20 to find out if this is a good pen.

Edit It's the Magneto by Yocan

Yocan products are a good place to go if you want quality on a budget. I prefer the Yocan Evolve Plus as their quartz dual coils are more consistent and reliable than the Magneto's (which is called a "Miracle B" coil by wax vape nerds - they're really solid for micro-dosing but have a tendency to burn out). The same coils can work in either unit so long as you've got the right coil caps, so there's not a lot of difference at the end of the day.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I wanted to try the Magneto out because it looked really easy and clean to use, which I really want. I like all these concentrate products but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to use them sometimes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Pretty much all concentrate vapes have some degree of messiness - such is the nature of the thing, I'm afraid. Yocan uses splatter caps for all their coils, which keep the units from becoming sticky messes. My cleanest unit is my Saionara TAF (mounted on a big stupid ecig battery) with the titanium bucket, since I can clean up the dab residue with a cotton swab. Even still, I have to give the bucket a deeper clean from time to time, and the splatter on the inside of the atomizer builds up.

For the Magneto my biggest advice would be to pulse the power while hitting it instead of leaning on the fire button the whole way through the toke. This is true for almost all Yocan products - they tend to run too hot - but especially so for the Magneto, as the coils can pop from overheating or get a burnt taste that you'll never get rid of. It's an odd coil design, you load the dab onto a slot on top of the coil, and when you fire it melts down into its porous ceramic core where it's vaporized by an embedded coil. Minimal splatter, and if you keep the loads reasonable it won't build much of a reclaim pool.

As I noted earlier, it can also use Evolve Plus (but not regular Evolve) coils, which come in quartz dual coil for big rips or ceramic donut for better flavor and efficiency. Collect them all! :keke:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The price on that linked unit makes me think I'm probably reaching the start of the 'enthusiast' territory for this kind of hardware.

One of the reviews of the Magneto I saw specifically mentioned that it's single temperature is probably too high, and I figured you could probably pulse it but the reviewer didn't mention that, so thanks for reminding me.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
could weed please get cheaper in the sac area, tyvm

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

could weed please get cheaper in the sac area, tyvm

Just wait for it, they dropped hard fairly quickly in CO after a few years. Eventually the weed store bubble is going to burst in my city at least, the weed store to humans ratio is sort of ridiculous

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Goonerousity posted:

Marijuana can be mishandled severely, cut fingernails, clean hands, good hygiene, clean utensils, and a brain is required for a safe smoking experience. I’ve seen people get messed up really bad from mishandling marijuana. That explains the lacing weed part. Maybe my problems are local i don’t know

You haven’t had ONE negative experience?

i had laced weed on occasion when i lived in pittsburgh back in the 90's and yeah it sucked and did not exactly feel safe, but nothing ive seen in dispensaries in the legal west coast era has come even close to that nastiness, not sure what you are talking about with the clean hands tbh

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Earwicker posted:

i had laced weed on occasion when i lived in pittsburgh back in the 90's and yeah it sucked and did not exactly feel safe, but nothing ive seen in dispensaries in the legal west coast era has come even close to that nastiness, not sure what you are talking about with the clean hands tbh

Any idea what it was laced with? How long did the unwanted effects last?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

plape tickler posted:

Any idea what it was laced with? How long did the unwanted effects last?

the local rumor mill said either Raid or embalming fluid, i'd guess the former is a closer bet than the latter. the effect was a sort of tripping sensation including visuals and anxiety and it lasted like 6-8 hours - the main way we could tell it was laced was that it was really lovely weed that barely got you high when it didnt have that extra chemical taste

thats the immediate unwanted effects of course im sure there was some sort of permanent brain damage but the nice thing about that is i have no idea what it was

edit: also you could occasionally buy weed sprinkled with coke back then but like no one was going to sell that to you "disguised" as regular weed it was more expensive

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 25, 2018

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I got a 1 gram prefill cartridge of 9lb Hammer from Leafwerx today and now I've died from relaxing beyond the point of no return.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
guava gelato is gas

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Weed in the UK is so weird. It's like I went back in time

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Fried Watermelon posted:

Weed in the UK is so weird. It's like I went back in time

Did you get the Thai stick or the Acapulco gold?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Last time I talked to someone from the UK about weed (~5 years ago granted) he told me it was common to find bits of glass and/or concrete in it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

BigFactory posted:

Did you get the Thai stick or the Acapulco gold?

Maui Wowie

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Is stuff like jack herer and white widow considered old fashioned weed at this point?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BigFactory posted:

Is stuff like jack herer and white widow considered old fashioned weed at this point?

I sure hope not because Girl Scout Cookies is still my favorite strain ever and I want it to never goes out of fashion.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

I sure hope not because Girl Scout Cookies is still my favorite strain ever and I want it to never goes out of fashion.

same except blue dream

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

same except blue dream and juicy fruit

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think the last time I bought weed that wasn’t just named ”weed” was in 1998.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BigFactory posted:

i dont know about "old fashioned" but white widow seems more rare than it used to be, at least in CA. jack herer is still very popular, i get it all the time

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

BigFactory posted:

your dealer telling you the generic local headies is white widow is definitely old fashioned, but besides that yeah also probably still old fashioned

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://giant.gfycat.com/GreedyFirsthandAphid.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/GreenFreeEgret.webm

currently watching Mandy

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 17, 2018

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Having been just stoned enough to brush up against divinity like that gif I can relate to the first few seconds.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

So despite its 3.7v battery on a 2.5v coil nature, this Magneto is pretty good and cool. It also seems way way way more efficient than the regular atomizers I had before. I'm getting smoother, heavier vapor with the same amount of wax, or at least it seems that way.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

plape tickler posted:

currently watching Mandy

Dude, I saw Mandy on the Thursday premier back in September while high af and god drat, that was a great experience. If you're gonna watch Mandy, get lit, turn off the lights and just turn yourself over to the movie. It rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Absolute Extracts just started producing 10, 50 and 100mg THC capsules for bottom dollar prices. I'm gonna take 150 tonight and watch Mandy while I slowly become one with the couch.

Edit! Weed will definitely change in the future, but I feel like in addition to stronger stuff like all these crazy hybrids we're going to get lots of good versions of stuff like Jack Herer (one of my favorites) and maybe some high quality weaker stuff for newbies and Dad.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 7, 2018