Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Am I just gonna have to start banning Australians on sight in this thread or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

G’day mates the new Lupe album is bloody bonza

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Dexo posted:

jfc monkeu if you need a black friend hmu. Don't loving stoop to faking it.

I’m his black friend. When he’s off probation he can post proof. I’m gonna visit him soon.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel like god blessed me to start reading this thread again at just the right time

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Lupe and Brockhampton dropped the same day to make sure everyone was here in the thread for this sweet meltdown.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
four months of this, all because push did a better diss track.

new lupe runs too long but i’m real happy with it, a lot of memorable tracks, way better than last year. good day for rap

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 22, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SBJ posted:

I’m his black friend. When he’s off probation he can post proof. I’m gonna visit him soon.

feel free to just keep owning yourself in this thread as much as you want man but please know that blackface is incredibly hosed up and not funny even if the perpetrator is a 30-40 year old brain damaged australian man pretending to be two people online for reasons too stupid to comprehend

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Rap music is over thanks for participating in the thread guys!

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Gonna keep page 2 of the GIS results for “black friend” open in a spare tab just in case.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the longest running meltdown of all time

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I believe only three things.

1: Drake is the greatest rapper of all time.
2: Kangaroo is a gamey meat suitable only for stews.
3: Children should be seen (in cages) and not heard (outside of their soundproof cages).

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SBJ posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Can we get a world ban on Australians interacting with hip hop in any way

Not entirely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6c2zPLc3rg

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
g’day mates, I heard you like skip-hop: https://youtu.be/ajeL87l3prM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

[speaking out the corner of my mouth with a raised pitch] yeah marching powder get em boy yeah you're the best and cool too

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

People won't believe me but monkeu used to be a decent poster here. I used to PM him leaks of albums and he was always nice about it. I don't know what the gently caress happened to make him commit so hard to the awful drake gimmick but it sucks!!!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

SBJ posted:

An alt is involved, it's deeper than rap

We talkin character, let me keep with the facts

You are hiding an alt, let that boy come home

Deadbeat mothafucka playing border patrol, ooh

Monkeu is your alt

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 22, 2018

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Brockhampton has amazing beats but I've come to the conclusion that Matt Champion, Merlyn, and Bearface are all wack.

Rapping would be much better with just Kevin joba and Dom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ornithology posted:

Brockhampton has amazing beats but I've come to the conclusion that Matt Champion, Merlyn, and Bearface are all wack.

Agreed totally. Their production is A+ but they let all those totally forgettable people on the tracks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Lol I lost power until this morning (thanks tornado!!) and the amount of posts here led me to believe Carter v came out but no, it's just the australian boy wonder at it again

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Brockhampton is just diet Oddfuture and nobody gonna convince me otherwise. A lot of the production is good but man the rapping is just generally so bland.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
brockhampton is the dark souls of hiphop

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Ornithology posted:

merlyn rules don’t say such hateful things

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

temple posted:

brockhampton is the dark souls 2 of hiphop

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011

Princeps32 posted:

merlyn rules don’t say such hateful things

I like Merlyn on MILK cuz he doesn't do that yelling African voice.

Unfortunately he does it on literally every other verse

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

temple posted:

brockhampton is the dark souls of hiphop

Does that make O.F Demon Souls?

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Odd future and brockhampton aren't very similar besides having a lot of members and being backed by record labels but trying to look indie

denzelcurrypower fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 22, 2018

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Sure seeing a lot of ads and sponsored posts for Yahndi. I hope it comes out on time

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

Sure seeing a lot of ads and sponsored posts for Yahndi. I hope it comes out on time
Earlier I saw Kanye tweet a bunch of pictures of billboards and stuff that he'd taken out advertising that with its date and I was thinking the same thing. Sure would suck if he spent all that money and then didn't get the thing out on that day lmao

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Also he knows if it’s not done he can just release it unfinished then update it later

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's such a wild sentence about a rap album. Like tell people that back in 08.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's true, it's the type of thing you associate with PC games that are overhyped that then under-deliver (like Daikatana, or to be more recent, No Man's Sky). The thing is, it pisses consumers off when that happens, but I wonder if in Kanye's mind, he doesn't think that he's doing listeners a favor. Or maybe he just doesn't care as long as he's happy with the final product.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
It's a lazy lovely way of releasing music and he only gets away with it based on prior successes

If it was a new artist nobody will bother listening to the second cut if the first is poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kanye's done it before, it just wasn't advertised. He's had second versions of songs with different mastering on second waves of CD's or that get changed on streaming services.

None quite so dramatic as Pablo, but even Ye' just had like 1-2 changes after it released apparently.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I still never bothered to learn how the updated version of TLOP flowed. I had already fallen in love with 1.0 by that point and that's the version I was interested in memorizing.

I still listen to TLOP 1.0 on a regular basis.

image.
Sep 18, 2018

What was the whole thing about Frank Ocean on Travis Scott's album? He wanted to change the song after the fact? I heard Desus talk about it on Bodega Boys, and I looked it up now, but I still don't really understand it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
travis added autotunes to frank's voice and frank pulled it after the album was released

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Frank Ocean is the best out right now and I wish he was doing a tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stack That Cheese and WAV Files are so loving good man