Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

crossing fingers for Athena's very own title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Or they introduce a new upstart lawyer called Ares.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Give me Athena but instead of her facing Blackquill she can face Franziska.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Franzy is never coming back, she was too perfect for this world

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Prosecutors are kind of difficult to bring back because they generally have a personal growth arc they go through which would make it weird for them to go back to generally cheating and being made fools of. The Paynes are the exception because it's a plot point that they never learn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Franziska comes back, but in a similar context to the Investigations games, where she's working as an investigator for Interpol and you're dealing with world crimes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so, where in the world is carmen sandiego except with untranslatable japanese puns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Carmen Sankyoto more like.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Franziska should have a protege who has the old perfectionism brain worm and she wants them to taste utter, undeniable defeat in order to cure it, and that character is the prosecutor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Franziska should have a protege who has the old perfectionism brain worm and she wants them to taste utter, undeniable defeat in order to cure it, and that character is the prosecutor.

Ah yes, Adrian

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

its pretty bullshit that we had a game set in the land where the kurain channeling technique was founded, and somehow their justice system wasn't composed of people who've been super evil bloodthirsty prosecutors for centuries thanks to channeling

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean

They killed a bunch of defense lawyers

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i just want there to be a ghost prosecutor :(

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Ace Attorney panel is live on YT now:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cihUEpIWfA

So far it's just a port of AA1/2/3 port to Switch/Steam/Xbox/PS4

e: ...and that's it apparently. Just some merchanise announcements and a trailer for the anime. So much for "unmissable"

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 22, 2018

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

They're aiming to get AA7 out before the end of the fiscal year, and they're saying this panel is unmissable, so it's a 99% chance of a formal AA7 announcement.

ha ha ha welp.

i'm pretty happy about the original trilogy on Steam though, i have friends who don't game on mobile/don't console game who'd love the series and now i can finally buy them some of it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well we did get a aniime season 2 announcement, concert announcement and some art, so totally worth the hype.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Motherfucker c'mon give us some games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LostRook posted:

Well we did get a aniime season 2 announcement, concert announcement and some art, so totally worth the hype.

:frogout:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Did they at least show if it’s going to be AA5-style 3D models?

...And, uh, when’s the next conceivable place that they could make an announcement at?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

unmissable

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A nintendo direct, or just announce it in some magazine.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:objection:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That video is worth it for the dude rocking the suspenders + bowtie combo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I underestimated Capcom's ability to Capcom

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We went through this exact thing a year ago

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Apparently they're (possibly) announcing something behind closed doors and not at their "unmissable" panel because, uh, Capcom, I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ace Attorney - Just Ports of 1-3 Forever

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, that stream sucked, but also, I *am* going to buy those ports. :shobon:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I've just been sticking with my DS carts this whole time. Too much nostalgia attached to them at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've bought every stupid port and I'll buy them again

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I'm so disappointed I think I might go insane.

They wouldn't delay it past 2019 right? Haven't the revival games been releasing every two years or so?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean

They killed a bunch of defense lawyers

It was mentioned that a lot of defense attorneys begged for mercy and were pardoned, and then fled the country or never worked as lawyers again. It makes sense given the point of the DCA was basically to turn the legal system into little but an enforcement arm of the government. Show no mercy and you feed resistance, show some and people see you as graciously doing a hard job.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
Aw, no Vita port of the ports and not even a mention of Dai gyakuten saiban. Lame.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Vita is dead and Dai Gyakuten Saiban is over. Unless you were hoping for a localization announcement, which wouldn't be happening at a Japanese show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I will say, I'm at least glad we've finally solved the problem of post-AJ textboxes and fonts looking weird and kinda bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Once again my low expectations of japanese streams has saved me from disappointment!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I will say, the collection being released on every platform is interesting for the future of the series. What if AA7 isn't just a Switch release?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I will say, the collection being released on every platform is interesting for the future of the series. What if AA7 isn't just a Switch release?

That would be quite nice. Of course, AA6 was ported to iOS/Android right away, so it wouldn't be surprising to get at least that for the next one as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, if they're gearing up for the series to be multiplatform, I can't really begrudge the existence of this port and the presumable 456 releases that are also probably coming. Partly getting non-Nintendo portable audiences caught up and getting used to how the series can work on a console experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
I will still buy ace attorney 7 on the switch, and ace attorney is def more becoming of handhelds; but I'm happy that this game is getting released everywhere because I totally need to force this game into everyone. THRIVE ACE ATTORNEY.