Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

This might seem like a weird thing to look for but are any of these tournaments ever re-uploaded without any commentary? As much as I enjoy hearing English and Korean commentators freak the gently caress out over Brood War, I kind of want to watch some of the tighter matches without that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Aces High posted:

This might seem like a weird thing to look for but are any of these tournaments ever re-uploaded without any commentary? As much as I enjoy hearing English and Korean commentators freak the gently caress out over Brood War, I kind of want to watch some of the tighter matches without that

Just mute the video :shrug:?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ShadeofBlue posted:

Just mute the video :shrug:?
Then you can't hear the starcraft sounds!!

It's weird that BW is one of the few games that doesn't release pro replays.

edit: vvv I know, but that's not the same as a tournament replay.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 5, 2018

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Not ASL games but if you youtube "FPVOD" + a player you wanna watch you can find stuff from one or both players perspectives from their streams. There are some really good FlaSh v Larva dual FPVODs.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

KSL(new league that includes blizzard sponsorship and most of the good players except for Flash) started a couple days ago with Bo5s of Last vs Mini and Rain vs Movie. Uncut twitch vod is here.

I haven't watched any starcraft since the ASL, but I was pretty surprised that Last went out 3-0 to Mini. Movie getting thrashed by Rain wasn't surprising, although those games were pretty fun.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Group B: Shine and Snow

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

These games have not been good so far, somehow my favorite series so far is the PvP and I usually don't like that matchup at all. Group C is tonight, hopefully they'll manage to have good games this time.

ASL 6 map shortlist has been released. Labyrinth is absolutely insane. In addition to being a 5 player map with double gas mains, they have these flags on the ramps that workers can pick up and you can't go in without picking them up. You can get out, but only by mineral walking. I have no idea what to make of it.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Group C:
Shuttle vs SoulKey set 4 :suspense:

Light going BCs :suspense::suspense:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Morholt posted:

Group C:
Shuttle vs SoulKey set 4 :suspense:

Light going BCs :suspense::suspense:

Yeah, some awesome games in this group. Especially compared to the previous games.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

SoulKey has been one of my favorites to watch since the BW revival second only to when Shine and Larva were going nuts.

Sad to see JD getting dunked on. They weren't the cleanest games but Mind v Horang was pretty good, at least it went to 5 games.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
So why is Flash not in this new league?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

AtillatheBum posted:

So why is Flash not in this new league?

I was wondering that too so had a google. Flash missed the qualifiers because he was already committed to playing tournaments in China. Of the other missing big names, Bisu & Hero are doing military service and Larva got eliminated in qualifying by Movie.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Fanatic posted:

I was wondering that too so had a google. Flash missed the qualifiers because he was already committed to playing tournaments in China. Of the other missing big names, Bisu & Hero are doing military service and Larva got eliminated in qualifying by Movie.

Ya, Flash had prior commitments, and decided to uphold his word rather than ditch a much smaller Chinese tournament to play in a bigger KR league. Ditching local events does horrible horrible things to those tournaments, so he got a fair amount of praise for that decision when the league started up.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Warning: Rapid and NoRegret casting group A at least, you may want to watch the Korean vods, but here's the English links anyway

Group A

Group B

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
can't believe I'm saying this about Rapid, but he was almost developing some casting synergy with noregret last time they casted together.

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Rapid is okay at the start but eventually it seems like he starts talking faster and faster and filling more dead air with words and it becomes grating. During the first PvP it wasn't bad but during that TvP it was really starting to show.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Seems like poor planning that they would put GSL vs World on at the same time as KSL. Also that new ad with a seemingly unenthused-Artosis that played during the breaks is pretty funny.

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
Here are the KSL semi-finals best of 7.

Jaedong vs Rain https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303649144

Soulkey vs Last https://www.twitch.tv/videos/304047376

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

It's been a great tournament with much better maps than the last ASL. Should be an awesome final too.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

ASL is in to the round of 16 now. Broadcasts can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5eBtuoj_HkdXKHNmBLAXg/videos

Atleast one video was taken down due to music copyright though (lol) and another is muted for the same reason I guess.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Fanatic posted:

ASL is in to the round of 16 now. Broadcasts can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5eBtuoj_HkdXKHNmBLAXg/videos

Atleast one video was taken down due to music copyright though (lol) and another is muted for the same reason I guess.

Yeah I've had to go to the actual Afreeca website for a couple VODs because they got themselves deleted from YouTube. Good news is the Afreeca website works in Chrome now, and without logging in!!

Group D where FlaSh picked JD will be awesome but unfortunately it's like two weeks away on account of Korean holidays.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Antares posted:

Yeah I've had to go to the actual Afreeca website for a couple VODs because they got themselves deleted from YouTube. Good news is the Afreeca website works in Chrome now, and without logging in!!

Group D where FlaSh picked JD will be awesome but unfortunately it's like two weeks away on account of Korean holidays.

Oh that's good to know, it looks like they're held here: http://www.afreecatv.com/?hash=staffpicks_42

Doesn't seem to work on Safari but yeah Chrome works. I'm surprised it isn't https encrypted but I guess it fits the 'camsite from last decade' design lol.

Yeah Group D should be good. Given what we saw in KSL it's gonna be tough for JD to take a game off Flash I would think.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Fanatic posted:

Oh that's good to know, it looks like they're held here: http://www.afreecatv.com/?hash=staffpicks_42

Doesn't seem to work on Safari but yeah Chrome works. I'm surprised it isn't https encrypted but I guess it fits the 'camsite from last decade' design lol.

Yeah Group D should be good. Given what we saw in KSL it's gonna be tough for JD to take a game off Flash I would think.

Yeah on form I think Flash batters him but Flash v JD is always special. Shame ro16 is just bo1s.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

After the way Last thrashed Jaedong in KSL I really expect a similar thing to happen here.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Antares posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptBSOabIN8 ?

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Day 4 of ro24 and day 1 of ro16 are not on youtube.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

They got takedowns over music, which is too bad because Group D Winners is one of my two favorite games in the ASL so far

anyway

Ro24 Group D
Ro16 Group A

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy jesus this best vs. shine match that just ended was amazing

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

holy jesus this best vs. shine match that just ended was amazing

yeah, that was a weird one

how can you carefully build up all these incremental advantages from probe kills and then throw it away like that? was he just waiting for the gg from best after mutas were done?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a cow posted:

yeah, that was a weird one

how can you carefully build up all these incremental advantages from probe kills and then throw it away like that? was he just waiting for the gg from best after mutas were done?

i think in his initial push he just figured he'd won and didn't need to control well, and in his second attack he split his army to try and surround best for...some reason, which was not the thing to do

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
watch game 2 from group d, light v action

proxy hatch

a cow fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 4, 2018

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
id just say check all the games since :stare:
edit: but definetly check 2 at least if youre on your death bed and itll be the last thing you see.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

that group was great

no long macro games but man I've seen a lot of long macro games in my time watching starcraft, I'm still happy

E: poor Mini, gets first in the group and still has to play Flash in the Ro8

Elyv fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 4, 2018

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
ASL ro. 8 day 4:
Tastosis were quite gracious with Mini's performance against Flash, despite the 3-0. I guess when you are up against the GOAT they have to cut you some slack in their assessment of your play.

It's a shame that Mini's carrier force in game 3 never reached critical mass. It would have been cool to see how Flash would have handled a marauding carrier group with an Arbiter casting stasis on some of the army.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that would require Flash not consistently being 1 step ahead and being unrelenting in pressing Mini. Honestly, game 2 seemed to be the one where Mini actually stood a chance to win a match and he just couldn't out micro Flash

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

So KSL season 2 started. Group A has some baller games y'all.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Aces High posted:

that would require Flash not consistently being 1 step ahead and being unrelenting in pressing Mini. Honestly, game 2 seemed to be the one where Mini actually stood a chance to win a match and he just couldn't out micro Flash

I felt bad for Mini honestly. He wins his group, and says something along the lines of "I hope I won't have to face Flash in the next round", and then Flash gets second in his group. If you watch for a bit after game 2 when they're watching the replays, you can almost see Mini say something along the lines of "c'mon man". Flash is just...Flash.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the effort vs last series owned

those burrow strats in game 5 lmfao

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Yeah, that was a great wrinkle. The better player definitely won, although Last's defense was pretty solid throughout (e.g. turrets on Circuit Breakers). I'm glad that we might get a Flash/effort finals. TvT is my favorite mirror match in Brood War, but I prefer a TvZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

:aaa:

Definitely one of the best ZvT series in recent memory. Should be a great final