Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just filled out my absentee ballot and put it in the mail for Monday. Feels good, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's such a loving rag

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1043566696340971520

I can't believe that literally my entire family is choosing politics over family.

Haahahahaha

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 22, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't believe that literally my entire family is choosing politics over family.

Calling my entire family tankies to own the libs? :wtc:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

EBB posted:

Calling my entire family tankies to own the libs? :wtc:

MAGA is a cult, simple as that

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

This man is mentally unwell and I hope he can work through his issues.

A life lived in solitude at the peak of the nearest mountain should help

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So how long before mainstream Republican rhetoric is that Democrats are a threat to the nation and for security purposes the law needs to disband the opposition party? That's absolutely where the deep state rhetoric is headed towards, just curious about the when.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

So how long before mainstream Republican rhetoric is that Democrats are a threat to the nation and for security purposes the law needs to disband the opposition party? That's absolutely where the deep state rhetoric is headed towards, just curious about the when.

Sometime around 2020.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Sometime around 2020.

I look forward to DSA member rolls being hacked and chuds coming to kill me.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fister Roboto posted:

https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1043610970231201792

"But my MOM says I'm cool!"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lol what a loving dweeb

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

(-2) years

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Everything's coming up Milhouse

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They've basically been doing that at least since Iraq minus the outright banning the opposition. "YOU DON'T WANNA SLAM YOUR DICK IN A DOOR?!?! WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA, YA COMMIE!!?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
All liberals need to use their second amendment rights to buy drones and anti-air for self defense against the chuds rascal calvary brigades.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What I’m saying is that a lot of things are very near the breaking point.

Doubled tariffs on US/China trade
Stagnant wages
Huge looming student loan debt crisis
And auto loan debt
And corporate bond debt
GOP internalizes sexual assault as ‘a speed bump’

Nyt daily podcast did a whole segment about how the 2007 mortgage crisis resolution just made it worse for everyone not already rich enough to own a home or four

We’ve got 46 days until the election cycle and not matter the results I’m convinced we are going to see a bi sell off around it as people cash out of the trump bubble.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

M_Gargantua posted:

Stagnant wages
And auto loan debt
And corporate bond debt

Nyt daily podcast did a whole segment about how the 2007 mortgage crisis resolution just made it worse for everyone not already rich enough to own a home or four

We’ve got 46 days until the election cycle and not matter the results I’m convinced we are going to see a bi sell off around it as people cash out of the trump bubble.

What I'm hearing is all those problems are problems the democrats caused and republicans can't solve them because of obstruction.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JuliaEAinsley/status/1043623150704037890?s=19

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Thank gently caress my mother in law was able to get citizenship this year. Else I guess chuds would have taken her Medicaid and then god knows what else...

Seriously gently caress these people I hope they all get loving destroyed in 2018/2020 or our country, and the world by extension , is hosed.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Nick Soapdish posted:

I look forward to DSA member rolls being hacked and chuds coming to kill me.

Bring it. The left can't start the violence but once the chuds kick it off at least we can go take care of the capitalists

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

You realize they don't even want to give that stuff to born here citizens either, right?

Yes it's dumb as gently caress but they constantly try to take that stuff away even from those who need it most.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bell_ posted:

Having a stroke on the toilet?

Well, mostly "getting hosed by a horse" but you know: hope springs eternal?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Isn’t that already in place? At least here in Canada, if I recall correctly refugee status is the only path to entry that makes you eligible to those things before specific immigration milestones.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Stagnant wages
And auto loan debt
And corporate bond debt

We're already there. Pending home sales have fallen for 8 straight months; USAA and other lenders are laying people off.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/46635-nar-pending-home-sales-fall-for-seventh-consecutive-month

This means one of two things are happening: rising interest rates are making new loans unaffordable to people due to stagnant wages, and/or a lot of people are trying to sell their houses but can't at current prices.

Probably a good time to buy puts on major mortgage companies.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So what you're saying is the obstructionist deep state Democrats are sabotaging the economy to make Bigly Strong Leader look bad despite his stable, genius brain economic wonder policies?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

FrozenVent posted:

Isn’t that already in place? At least here in Canada, if I recall correctly refugee status is the only path to entry that makes you eligible to those things before specific immigration milestones.

I've seen it used in USCIS court filings before as an argument for deportation yeah - drain on the public and all that. It seems to ebb and flow depending on the administration and since the docs i touch are from different decades i can't say for sure whether this is just them ramping up recent policy or not.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
CNN sucks at finding “normal women”.

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1043854568554196993?s=21

So they either:
- suck at research
- are insanely unlucky
- purposely assembled this panel knowing the outcome and tried to pass it off as genuine.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
CNN would never fake things like an all female panel or reporting from the ground on the start of a war.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
In light of Kavanaugh being falsely accused after a man who looks like him attempted rape I want to point out all the crimes I am accused of were actually just a guy who looks like me, thank you

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I was about to say something about how Wolf Blitzer has gotten so much dumber over the years that it's amazing how the celebrity jeopardy parody of him seems like the smart version now.

Then I remembered that was a real episode of Jeopardy.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Yesterday, the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation carried out one of the biggest police operations in recent history, raiding a Russian-owned company that has purchased strategically situated properties in the Finnish southwestern archipelago. The company has built bunkers and helicopter pads on their property, local administrators have given them special permits to do so without any questions asked.

https://corporalfrisk.com/2018/09/23/a-dawn-raid-in-the-archipelago/

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1043885083076296706

I'm sure that's directly going to the walls production and not into their own pockets

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FrozenVent posted:

Before it only denied green cards to immigrants who directly got welfare cash. This extends it into non-monetary social services.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kemper Boyd posted:

Yesterday, the Finnish National Bureau of Investigation carried out one of the biggest police operations in recent history, raiding a Russian-owned company that has purchased strategically situated properties in the Finnish southwestern archipelago. The company has built bunkers and helicopter pads on their property, local administrators have given them special permits to do so without any questions asked.

https://corporalfrisk.com/2018/09/23/a-dawn-raid-in-the-archipelago/

It’s not what you think guys. It’s actually housing for Chinese fisherman.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Before it only denied green cards to immigrants who directly got welfare cash. This extends it into non-monetary social services.

Ah, I was wondering what was going on there.. because that was what the whole affidavit of support thing was about with green cards. I figured all that has been covered since forever...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A periodic reminder that there is one group in America that whites care about even less than black people:

http://www.alaskastar.com/2018-09-20/former-eagle-river-man-who-strangled-woman-reaches-plea-deal-prosecutors#.W6fJsy-ZNPN

quote:

A former Eagle River man who choked a woman into unconsiousness before sexually assaulting her won’t have to serve jail time after making a deal with Anchorage prosecutors.

According to KTVA-TV, Justin Scott Schneider, 34, pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree assault for the attack in August of 2017. At a change-of-plea hearing Wednesday, judge Michael Corey agreed to sentence Schneider to two years in prison with one year suspended; Schneider was given credit for the time he spent on house arrest awaiting trial.

Wednesday’s sentencing was covered by the Anchorage station, which aired portions of the hearing, including comments from Anchorage Assistant District Attorney Andrew Grannik, who said the plea deal could be considered “a pass” for Schneider and that he hoped the 34-year-old — who has no previous criminal record in Alaska — would be a good candidate for rehabilitation.

“That’s the reason I made the deal that I made because I have reasonable expectations that it will not happen,” Grannik said. “But I would like the gentleman to be on notice that is his one pass — it’s not really a pass — but given the conduct, one might consider it is.”

According to charging documents in the case, a 25-year-old Native woman told police Schneider picked her up at a gas station in Midtown Anchorage, drove to a secluded location, and attacked her.

“[Schneider] immediately and violently grabbed her neck in a front choke hold with both hands and told her if she screamed, he’d kill her,” wrote APD detective Brett Sarber. “…the man kept squeezing her neck harder, and then told her that he was indeed going to kill her.”

The woman passed out thinking she was dying. When she woke up, she was covered in ejaculate and Schneider was standing over her in the process of zipping up his pants.

Judge Corey said that since Schneider would eventually get out of prison, the public might as well be ready for Schneider to reintegrate now.

“Mr. Schneider’s going to be a member of our community,” the judge said. “And he will not be in jail for the rest of his life, even if [he] had been convicted on all of the counts for which he was charged.”

Schneider was originally indicted on kidnapping, assault and harassment charges. In a press release issued by the state on Aug. 16, 2017, prosecutors said Schneider could have faced up to 99 years in prison for the kidnapping charge alone.

At Wednesday’s hearing, Schneider thanked the court for the “process” and characterized the experience in positive terms.

“It has given me a year to really work on myself and become a better person and a better husband and a better father and I’m very eager to continue that journey,” he told the judge.

“Alright, thank you, sir. I appreciate those comments,” Corey replied.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's loving disgusting

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So what I’m reading is that if it isn’t a life sentence there shouldn’t be any jail time at all?

I’m okay with this precedent being applied fairly and appropriately :patriot:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The way that case was charged is really strange. The newspaper called it a “sexual assault” despite him never being charged with that, usually newspapers are much more paranoid about that kind of thing.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Christine Ford is scheduled to testify before Senate Judiciary Thursday morning.

That's give the GOP three whole days to try to prove the doppelganger theory, along with some good ol fashioned slut shaming and 'she was asking for it' narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

One way Americans and Canadians are exactly the same is that we absolutely screw over Indigenous people to the worst possible extent.

• Locked thread