Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bonaventure posted:

You know that 90% of it would be Pat moaning about how terrible it is, but mostly for things he's mistaken about.

Oh yeah, like DMC2 doesn't have enough to complain about on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

So no more Telltale Batman?
That was the only thing going for them that I liked.

Walking Dead and Minecraft were allegedly the only TT games that made a profit

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I respect Billy's dislike for DMC3 Dante enough to exaggerate his like of DMC2, but lol dude

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOj4Yuzmm5U

And that's the story of how Twitter bullied Pat into playing Devil May Cry 2 purely out of spite.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

And that's the story of how Twitter bullied Pat into playing Devil May Cry 2 purely out of spite.

The is the best 8 minute long LP they've ever done.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

The is the best 8 minute long LP they've ever done.

It really loving is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Justice Sloth posted:

the jump cut is soooooo good :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh my god the combat only using the guns fading into the title screen of 3 :allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I guess they didn't need half an hour lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeeeeeee

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
COWARDS

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HAHAHA GET hosed INTERNET

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Justice Sloth posted:

This is the best full LP since Final Fantasy VIII.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll allow it even if we did get blazbloo'd

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The best thing is that Pat isn't lying. That's DMC2 in a nutshell.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Dias posted:

The best thing is that Pat isn't lying. That's DMC2 in a nutshell.

As someone who has rapidly become familiar with this series over the last few weeks, watching Pat effortlessly steamroll and juggle every enemy on screen by doing nothing but holding down square was maybe the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

DMC2 dante is the coolest dante character design but yeah that game sucks rear end

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Mandrel posted:

DMC2 dante is the coolest dante character design but yeah that game sucks rear end

I'm glad the cool design got reused in SMT: Nocturne (or something close to it anyway)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

DMC4 Dante will always be the true Dante in my heart because of his cowboy boots.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really can't think of a sequel that was such a drastic improvement over the previous game then dmc2 to dmc3. They went from the a completely poo poo game to a complete classic. With the same team no less!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I really can't think of a sequel that was such a drastic improvement over the previous game then dmc2 to dmc3. They went from the a completely poo poo game to a complete classic. With the same team no less!

Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 is probably the closest, but even that's miles away compared to DMC2 to 3.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I remember hearing one time that Billy was considered the Zaibatsu's paid migrant worker, by the Zaibatsu. Is this true?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Sure, I guess it's possible someone once said that and you heard it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Like I guess that was a thing someone could have said. They also have been friends with Billy for years (before SBFP happened)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Am I crazy or does it feel like they're breaking the glass on a lot of games for LPs lately?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Not really? DMC is probably because 5 is coming soon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

there's general hype for DMCV, but also they seem less worried about loving up LPs of games they hold in high regard than they used to.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Phantasium posted:

there's general hype for DMCV, but also they seem less worried about loving up LPs of games they hold in high regard than they used to.

I think God Hand going well gave them the confidence they needed. I don't think it's a glass break really.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're also running out of old no-effort poo poo to play.

EDIT: by "no-effort" I mean games they like and are still reasonably familiar with

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Phantasium posted:

I just hope red orbs being a microtransaction buyable item isn't gonna gently caress up the balance too hard, shadow of war was brutal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: by "no-effort" I mean games they like and are still reasonably familiar with

That’s why they should play more garbage they don’t like and aren’t familiar with

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They still got code veronica as a long glass-break in the barrel

And then resident evil 6

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
In that recent convo about how they pick LPs I believe Woolie said he's open to doing the Arkham games.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Krazyface posted:

In that recent convo about how they pick LPs I believe Woolie said he's open to doing the Arkham games.

It loving baffles me how he never played those.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

This portal stream is the worst that it ever has been.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Andrast posted:

That’s why they should play more garbage they don’t like and aren’t familiar with

In principle I agree but ever since Liam left they've been really bad at picking those, and even he wasn't great at it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TaurusOxford posted:

It loving baffles me how he never played those.

https://youtu.be/_muGpLsaAQk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Foxhound posted:

Not really? DMC is probably because 5 is coming soon.

Really, is it just me? RE5, Dead Space 2, GOD HAND kinda feels like emergency LPs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea what emergency LP even means at this point considering how many times it has been used by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

FF6 LP when