Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I finally got something good :toot:

I got my first USB too. Unfortunately it was Ceodore's which seems really meh. Last RoP I got Golbez USB; FFIV sure loves it's defensive (i.e. garbage) USBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Today I was finally able to unlock Allegro con Moto on Elarra and I feel greatly empowered.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Double Rabite posted:

So I pulled Gogo's (V) BSB from RoP last night. Anyone have any luck using this as part of a team? It seems gimmicky but it also seems like it could be very powerful if it is used correctly.

It's an enwater entry on a +water rod. Ignore the commands and just drop Chain Watergas/Voltechs. He's one of the best water mages with that alone, though he'll be better once he gets his dive (which is dualcast water) and USB (which is bonkers). Pair him with Rydia and Strago and laugh at being one of the people who has a magic water team.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

slowcast enelement + burst mode with pointless commands is teetering on the edge of "literally unusable" these days. if that places you as one of the better water mages, it says more about how bad water magic is than anything else.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

He's one of the best water mages with that alone

You're not wrong, but... there are only two three water mages right now.

e: forgot about what's her face

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 21, 2018

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
RoP is very good at dashing your hopes. I have pretty rough IV synergy with only two six stars of any kind, but today's bright shiny disco was a dupe. :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB
T: Orlandeau USB (dupe)
15: Ignis LMR
14: Estinien LMR
13: Vanille USB
12: Balthier BSB2
11: Curilla BSB
10: Tidus OSB (dupe)
9: Beatrix USB
8: Rinoa SSB
7: Sephiroth USB
6: Cyan SSB (dupe)
5: Galuf SSB

4: Ursula BSB

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Probably jinxing myself now but I've been in a crazy RoP hot streak. 7 6*s in a row.

0: Cinque bsb
T: Marche lmr dupe
XV: Aranaea (sp?) Lmr
XIV: Haurchefant (sp?) Bsb
XIII: Raines lmr
XII: Fran lmr (low point)
XI: Lion lmr
X: Auron OSB (meh)
IX: Vivi OSB (better)
VIII: Laguna CSB (not as good as it could be. I now have all three ice chains and lack most of the rest...) Good
VII: Tifa USB2 (holy poo poo!)
VI: celes OSB
V: Lenna USB2(!)
IV: Kain USB(!)
III: Alma BSB dupe (jinx)
II: Leon USB torment?
I: Echo lmr dupe (I have maybe 3 relics in this r
ealm so this was very disappointing)

All in all a great RoP

Lucky LMR:
Minwu (awesome, I have his dps USB)
Xezat(ice boost gloves)
Aphmau (meh)

Lucky USB:
Jecht fire USB/11
Ugh, they fix his dive to cover fire, right?

Fest banner 1:
Maria USB
Rinoa USB2
Penelo bsb2

Can't complain. I really wanted a chain but this should do. Probably all done now with pulls till 4th.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 25, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Oh boy, thanks RoP, that's like my fourth Kain CSB spear. :argh:

I got this less than a week ago in my daily draw!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Got the Ingus CSB

Best fest

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arc LMR from the RoP (meh, it's a mind up on heals one). Squall and Snow LMRs from the lucky draw. Both new for guys I'm already using, Snow's (attack up on attacks) isn't groundbreaking but it's extra oomph since I bring him for the chain anyway, and Squall's en-ice will make his quad-9 attacks... quadder-9? I kid, it's a great early fight boost before his BSB2 goes off. 25 mythril well spent.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Thanks RoP for another dupe for a realm I barely have any relics in!

Only got one LMR from the lucky draw, but it was for Zack so I'm pretty happy with it at least.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Realms On Parade
Parade 0 dropped a Deuce on me, and gave me her Eye For Detail LMR (Feathered Cap).
Parade FFT shanked me with Ramza's Battle Cry BSB (Kiyomori).
Parade 15 Gladiown'd me with Gladio's LMR (Prince's Pillar).
Parade 14 Dusted me with Ysale's BSB (Shiva: Diamond Dust). I don't feel so good...
Parade 13 fisted me with Snow's BSB (A Hero Rides).
Parade 12 saved me with Basch's OSB (Save The Queen).
Parade 11 Ayamehameha'd me with Ayame's SSB (Tachi Jinpu).
Parade 10 ligma'd me with Wakka's SSB (Aurochs Reels).
Parade 9 hit me below the belt with Amarant's LMR (Below-The-Board).
Parade 8 rained on my parade with my 3rd copy of Quistis's BSB (Hail To The Queen).
Parade 7 &$#%!! me with Barret's LMR (Armed And Dangerous).
Parade 6 suplexed me with Sabin's USB (Raging Fist).
Parade 5 decided to Buttz heads with me with Bartz's AOSB (Crystalline Focus).
Parade 4 Shot me through the heart with Rosa's BSB (Holy Ray).

Parade 3 peeled me with Ingus's LMR (Resolute Warrior).

Lucky Draw
Penelo LMR (Compassion's Hand)
Tifa LMR (Brawling Barkeep)
Meliadoul LMR (Unyielding Essence)
Dorgann LMR (Wandering Adventurer)

It's an LMR Fest! :toot:

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

3/11 on LMR lucky. Onion Knight, Zidane 2, and Ysale. Great pull! Been wanting that Zidane one for a while, since I have his USB1. Now he can be a wind monster.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

IV: Tellah SSB
III: Ingus CSB :toot:
Now I'm just missing a wind chain to complete the collection.

Edit: I pulled on the LMR lucky. 5/11: Elarra, Vayne, Emperor II, Gladiolus, and Ignus LMR. Pretty nice.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 22, 2018

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Luneth AOSB! Not a dupe!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
eyyy finally got a USB off this fest

Luneth USB. Sadly im magic focused for Wind but this is still nice to have since Luneth is my primary physical wind guy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB
T: Orlandeau USB (dupe)
15: Ignis LMR
14: Estinien LMR
13: Vanille USB
12: Balthier BSB2
11: Curilla BSB
10: Tidus OSB (dupe)
9: Beatrix USB
8: Rinoa SSB
7: Sephiroth USB
6: Cyan SSB (dupe)
5: Galuf SSB
4: Ursula BSB

3: Ingus LMR - meh

LMR Lucky: OK (!!!!!), Decil

OK coming back to the team after a long absence. You're on the bench Ramza

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
2/11 for LMR Lucky: Kain and Luneth. They aren’t dupes at least I guess :v:

III RoP was hilariously Arc’s SSB that everyone (including me) grabbed from the archives.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So there was just a livestream from the Tokyo Game Show for FFRK; kind of a follow-up to the last one.

The summary is:

quote:

- Free 8-pull on 25th September, guarantees 1 AOSB
- Free AOSB will be random out of Cloud/Bartz/OK/Terra/Lightning/Tidus/Squall/Ashe/Noctis/Zidane

- 5 Mythrils will be given on 26th September to celebrate the start of 5th year

- September End of Month event is Dissidia
- New 5* Heavy Ability: Evil Press
(the dark counterpart to Stone Press, obviously meant for breaking into the 5* Holy Magicite)
- Augment Swords & Sacred Lithographs
- Banner will feature Sephiroth's AASB

quote:

Sephiroth's AASB [+10 ATK]- Darkness Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1, +500 SB points
Darkness Awakening Mode: Unlimited Darkness Hones, Darkness Ability Boost, Dualcast Darkness

quote:

- Record Dungeon Act 2 will arrive in November

- Record Dungeon Pick Up Banner, 2 11-pulls get 1 11-pull free
- Contains current relics for Tyro & Elarra.
- As well as new relics for Dr. Mog, Biggs & Wedge

Record Dungeon Pick Up Banner posted:

Dr. Mog's Mythril Staff [USB, +5 MAG & +5 MND] - 10 single-target Holy/Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE magic attacks, ATK/MAG/MND +30% to party, Mog Magic & Mog Heal to user
Mog Magic: After using Black Magic or Summoning abilities, chases with 5 single-target Holy/Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE magic attacks
Mog Heal: After using White Magic abilities, grants h25 heal to party

Biggs's Ancient Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Holy/NE physical attacks, PHY Damage +?%~?% with ?~? USB cast, Elbow to user
Elbow: After using Earth or Holy abilities, chases with single-target Earth/Holy/NE Overflow physical attack
Wedge's Main Gauche [USB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/Lightning/NE ranged hybrid attacks, En-Wind, ATK/DEF or MAG/DEF +30% and Aero Star to user
Aero Star: After using Wind abilities, chases with 5 single-target Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks
Tyro's Judge's Apocrypha [USB, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +50% & Haste to party, Instant Cast, Short Cast & Judge's Apocrypha to user
Judge's Apocrypha: After using 1~5 Support abilities, grants Critical Chance +60~100% to party
Elarra's Magika Oration [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Critical Damage +50% to party, Instant Cast, Short Cast to user
Elarra's Magica Album [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga & High Quick Cast 2 to party, Instant Cast

Dr. Mog's Academic Hat [Glint, +5 MAG & +5 MND] - DEF & RES +200% to party, Instant Cast
Biggs's Coral Sword [Glint, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Earth & En-Earth Stack to user
Wedge's Reaper Knife [Glint, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 6 single-target Wind/NE ranged hybrid attacks, Instant Cast, En-Wind & En-Wind Stack to user

Elarra's Guise [BSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Last Stand to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> MND +20% & Quick Cast 3
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Dr. Mog's Healing Staff [LMR, +5 MAG & +5 MND]: 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Biggs's Guise [LMR, +10 ATK]: En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Wedge's Cap [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG]: En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Tyro's Keeper's Cap [LMR, +10 ATK] - Instant Cast 2 at the start of battle
Dr. Mog's USB is a +Holy Staff
Biggs's USB is a +Earth Sword
Wedge's USB is a +Wind Dagger

Hogama fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 22, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wait what
+500 SB points?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yes. It grants an immediate two bars after casting.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Luneth AOSB from the RoP today, not bad at alllll, wish I had his USB.

5/11 on LMR draw, luneth, desch, vayne, mog and firion; en-wind will be a decent kick start on luneth, vayne dark damage boost is welcome and this game REALLY wants me to use mog, I have pulled both his USBs and BSB in the past 2-3 weeks.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Lucky draw netted me Fran LMR (Viera Mysteries, not the Interrupt with Support using Bow), and Sephiroth LMR (dupe). Not very exciting.

RoP on the other hand gave me OK mUSB. Both OK USBs :toot:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Literally instant-cast Wall glint.

That’s not busted at all and certainly won’t usher in the second wave of Ultimate Dispel garbage :shepface:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't get why people are freaking out over an outdated SB coming back as a glint. Plain wall has not been relevant in more than a year in Japan.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zurai posted:

I don't get why exactly one person is freaking out over an outdated SB coming back as a glint. Plain wall has not been relevant in more than a year in Japan.

But yeah, its probably not replacing godwall as the wall of choice when wall is relevant

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nihilarian posted:

But yeah, its probably not replacing godwall as the wall of choice when wall is relevant

KataraniSword isn't the only person I've seen make that exact same argument, he's just the only one (so far) in this thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What's AASB?

Sword? Sword! Sword sword sword sword sword!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

What's AASB?

Absurdly Amazing Soul Break
(Awakening Arcane)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm holding out for AAA-rated soul breaks

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

A2MSB

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ASMRSB

It's just Dr. Mog reading boss descriptions in a whispery voice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started playing Record Keeper this week. I normally can't stand mobile games, but this is the first mobile title I have played that I am legitimately enjoying a lot. I love Final Fantasy as is, and the nostalgia trip alone is enough to keep me hooked, but I am really liking the normal Realm Dungeon and how massive it is. The combat mechanics are really good and enough to keep me interested. I got raids unlocked the other day but haven't had a chance to play with anyone yet.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

I started playing Record Keeper this week. I normally can't stand mobile games, but this is the first mobile title I have played that I am legitimately enjoying a lot. I love Final Fantasy as is, and the nostalgia trip alone is enough to keep me hooked, but I am really liking the normal Realm Dungeon and how massive it is. The combat mechanics are really good and enough to keep me interested. I got raids unlocked the other day but haven't had a chance to play with anyone yet.

Don't worry about having to do the raids with a party. They're more than doable solo.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Don't worry about having to do the raids with a party. They're more than doable solo.

Eventually, but a new player will definitely have an easier time putting together 2 decent characters than a full level 99 team with appropriate elements and skills and buffs. You can probably find people on the discord willing to carry you through the fights though if you want to try them out. MP in this game is.. a neat idea, and when it works well its fun, but the implementation isnt perfect by any means. At least the fights aren't usually terribly hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Indecisive posted:

Eventually, but a new player will definitely have an easier time putting together 2 decent characters than a full level 99 team with appropriate elements and skills and buffs. You can probably find people on the discord willing to carry you through the fights though if you want to try them out. MP in this game is.. a neat idea, and when it works well its fun, but the implementation isnt perfect by any means. At least the fights aren't usually terribly hard.

My hope was that I could get carried and get characters leveled up easily, if that is a thing? My highest level characters right now are just level 65.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I said come in! posted:

My hope was that I could get carried and get characters leveled up easily, if that is a thing? My highest level characters right now are just level 65.

The xp isnt good enough to do that but getting carried is absolutely possible to get mythril/orbs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is good enough for me, thank you! Been hanging out in the Discord but haven't had time to try to find a multiplayer group yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tomorrow (Sundays) is a good day for leveling

EDIT: I should probably give more details huh

On the home screen, if you scroll to the right, you should see something called "Power Up Dungeons". You can grind out some of FFRK's currencies/materials there. Shores of Wisdom - the dungeons designed for EXP grinding - are available at all times but on Sunday they give even more EXP

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 23, 2018