Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Duck and Cover posted:

Vehicle, Dazzle or something else for the vanity plate?

Is that a Chevy Bolt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Coredump posted:

Is that a Chevy Bolt?

Yep 2019 Chevy Bolt premier. I'm dumb for buying it but whatever it's a very pretty color.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 01:06 on Sep 22, 2018

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm digging the color too. What do you think about it so far?

To contribute, I bought some bike gun parts:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Coredump posted:

I'm digging the color too. What do you think about it so far?

To contribute, I bought some bike gun parts:

I picked it up today and drove it home (20ish minute drive). It's nice the front collision sensor did decide I wasn't breaking fast enough though (first time it happened I was like yep I should have been warned, second time though I was totally breaking chill!). Ride is quieter/smoother then my Mini. Oh and the backup camera/360 cameras are while still usable, trash. It's interior is nice enough but isn't where the money went in the car. I wanted something smallish, electric, buyable, with an 120 range or more. New England means winter, which means a large dip in range. New i3s cost too much (maybe they might be similar priced with dealership deals and I originally was planning on getting the cheaper trim Bolt), are sorta ugly, and used ones don't have enough range (Well for my use they do probably, but it's cutting it closer than I'd like and besides, sort of ugly). That pretty much eliminates everything besides maybe a e-Golf Leaf and Bolt. Bolt has better range, better acceleration, comes in a color. I test drove the Bolt I liked the Bolt so I bought the Bolt.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Sep 22, 2018

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

I test drove the Bolt I liked the Bolt so I bought the Bolt.

This was much my thought process when I bought my Volt. Though I probably would have went with the Bolt had it been nationally available at the time. (December 2016).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

stevewm posted:

This was much my thought process when I bought my Volt. Though I probably would have went with the Bolt had it been nationally available at the time. (December 2016).

Having narrow desires really helped with car shopping. My first car I was pressured into all wheel drive, which I will say was nice to have when I drove in a blizzard. Nothing too pricey. Sooo a Subaru? Yeah a Subaru. Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. I then wanted a small but not econobox car with a nicer interior. Whelp that's a Mini. I then wanted something that didn't smell like animal piss, and had working air conditioning... wait that doesn't narrow things down at all.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

MNIMWA posted:

I bought some D&D dice and a new watch:

I've been wearing the all-black version of the f-91w for a long time but lost it a few weeks back so I thought I'd upgrade to a spiffier version

I love old school LCD watches. This is my daily beater:

Late 70’s Seiko.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lawen posted:

I've been a bit :homebrew: lately...

Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster (plus strap locks, a new strap, and some NYXL strings)

iPhone XS 256GB in Space Gray

Atlanta United authentic away jersey

Comics Code Authority shirt from Hank Player. Their shipping is slow as gently caress but their shirts are so soft and comfy that it's worth the wait.

I actually got really good deals on the guitar and United jersey

drat good haul. How are you liking the tele and iphone?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

ChocNitty posted:

drat good haul. How are you liking the tele and iphone?

FedEx hosed me and I didn’t get the phone until this morning but upgrading from a 6S it’s really, really nice.

I’m really impressed with the tele; I expected to want some upgrades pretty quickly but am happy with pretty much everything about. I’m not even having any intonation problems with the non-compensated barrels. It makes some sounds that none of my other guitars do and is inspiring me to play more :3:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I hosed my face up with a disposable razor last night; so I decided to go big.

Not pictured: a syptic pencil and after shave.

Forgive the background, I am literally taking this pic where I work.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

You're about to gently caress up your face with those feather blades.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Turkey Farts posted:

It's really not that difficult. I just might not be remembering when I first used them.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

umalt posted:

I hosed my face up with a disposable razor last night; so I decided to go big.

Not pictured: a syptic pencil and after shave.

Forgive the background, I am literally taking this pic where I work.

Link?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wanted to go get an old timey shave and haircut, but I can't really grow hair on the sides of my face so feel like I would be wasting the man's time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Duck and Cover posted:

Vehicle, Dazzle or something else for the vanity plate?

SHRTRUSE

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

davebo posted:

SHRTRUSE

That's 8 letters you lose. Also it'd be a c, unless you're making some sort of poo poo joke in which case carry on.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Found this book at a thrift store for about two dollars. https://www.amazon.com/Fabric-Socie...L40_&dpSrc=srch

I'm a historical costumer and this is one of the books that got me interested in historical clothing 20+ years ago so it's pretty amazing.

I'm also drooling over that car! Two weeks ago I started a new job that means a hundred-mile round trip 3-4 times a week and the gas bill is considerable. My next car will definitely be a hybrid.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

ChocNitty posted:

I love old school LCD watches. This is my daily beater:

Late 70’s Seiko.

I remember when these things were new and I was sort of entranced by them. LED watches were cool, but they ate so much battery life you had to press a button to make them display. LCDs were always on, and some even played tunes, like "Yellow rose of Texas." It's funny that all these years later they became a fashion accessory again.

EDIT: Good lord, the internet remembers everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKFaO206SU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Turkey Farts posted:

The razor handle came with one pack of the feathers, and the sampler I bought includes a pack Personnas that the feathers are covering too. My plan right now is to graduate from the Astra's to Personna to Feathers just to see which work best for me.

It's a local shop right by where I work, but here is their website.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

umalt posted:

The razor handle came with one pack of the feathers, and the sampler I bought includes a pack Personnas that the feathers are covering too. My plan right now is to graduate from the Astra's to Personna to Feathers just to see which work best for me.

It's a local shop right by where I work, but here is their website.

I stopped at Personna because the one time I used feather I came away looking like Freddy Kruger

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Feathers are objectively the best blades, everybody should use feathers.

I started with a pack of Wilkinson sword blades I bought at Kroger and they were dull as hell, might as well have been plucking hairs out with tweezers, it was terrible

With feathers, you can hardly even tell that there was a hair in the way at all

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’ll probably geek out on it for a couple weeks and sell it. Unless I can get my lazy rear end to cycle more and use its fitness features. Got it cheap since its now a previous gen model.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Bought a timbuk2 Terracycle medium bag (the one made of recycled USPS bags) for the grand total of $27.99 (retailed for $109). When Ross is good, it's good (I work there).

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Bottom Liner posted:

I bought a (bass) guitar too! Fretless 5'er. Not a fan of any other Ibanez I ever tried but their Gary Willis line is magical, especially the neck. Finger ramp is aces too.

:circlefap:

drat nice. I should get a fretless at some point....

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Stalizard posted:

With feathers, you can hardly even tell that there was a hair in the way at all

...or skin

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I only use feathers, but a fresh blade shave is super unforgiving. I always keep an alum block on hand.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve had a beard for years now but back when I DE shaved I honestly hated feathers. They didn’t work on my hair well at all which is weird considering everyone loves them. If I remember correctly I stuck with Derby and they always cut right through.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It depends on the person honestly. I have a beard but I keep my razor around for when I have to shave my neck and I usually prefer Feathers, but I’m working through a big pack of Astras, and they’re fine:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Try a bunch and go crazy wondering hey is this better then that. I pick from Feathers/Astas/Personna blues. Don't forget to wonder if buying a new safety razor will give you a even closer shave.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Man, wetshaving-people just come out of the woodwork in droves at the slightest mention of their hobby.

Anyway, I usually get gillette platinums from ebay and they're alright. You can get like a two years supply for 30-40 bucks

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Look, we only have a few threads bookmarked, alright?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pondex posted:

Man, wetshaving-people just come out of the woodwork in droves at the slightest mention of their hobby.

Anyway, I usually get gillette platinums from ebay and they're alright. You can get like a two years supply for 30-40 bucks

It's true they do but I still find it less creepy then the Costco/Sardine thread them folks be all messed up.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Sep 23, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Duck and Cover posted:

It's true they do but I still find it less creepy then the Costco/Sardine threads them folks be all messed up.

Ahoy hoy, praise be unto Costco.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I just purchased a membership renewal to my local NPR affiliate (WOSU), to help support the weekend bluegrass ramble programming :banjo:

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My shaving kit is now just a Merkur razor, Astra blades and Jack Black Beard Lube. Got sick of fiddling with foam.

My latest purchase was a bunch of painting gear to redo some walls before returning the keys to our previous place. I know Amazon is a terrible company but drat it, Same-Day Prime is just very handy sometimes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate same day Prime. Amazon has their own branded delivery people and I swear none of them ever stop at the stop signs or look for pedestrians at all because they are probably on an insane delivery schedule.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
if it makes you feel any better they don't stop at the right house like 90% of the time either

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My personal favorite from AMZL - attempt to deliver to a business that closes at 4 three days in a row after 5:30pm before returning it as "undeliverable."

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i thought it was nice when they started sending me pictures of the packages left in places that are not my front door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Amazon started to ship fake packages to see if their carriers are stealing them. If they mark it as delivered and it wasn't they got an empty box (or with trash for weight) and fired.

Personally I like the the gps tracking on the driver when they get close. Sometimes I hide in the bushes to scare them when they arrive :ninja: