Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Berke Negri posted:

wheres the villa at

artaeum?

Yes, people found the location months ago; iirc it's that separate bit off the southern tip. I dislike it because of the horrific sky, but I'll take it if it's free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

oh right that one on the other side of the mountains

well okay whatever ill take a free giant mansion i guess

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Berke Negri posted:

oh right that one on the other side of the mountains

well okay whatever ill take a free giant mansion i guess

If we get it, I plan to use it as a dumping ground for all my leftover furniture, to clear out space in my bank.

My revenge for that horrible initiation questline; enjoy the eyesore, Psijic jerks :smuggo:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They took the PSIJIC ORDER, literally a group of mages who are the most POWERFUL and MYSTERIOUS in Tamriel, and made an entire questline of POINTLESS "GO HERE DO THING" QUESTS. Yeah, the skull buddy was funny but FETCH. QUESTS.

I want to EXPLORE THE MYSTERIES OF TAMRIEL and all you fuckers did was make me RUN AROUND WITH A BADLY DRAWN MAP.

I like ESO but that one I will regard as as close to unforgivable as I can regard anything in The Elder Scrolls.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

their tower is pretty cool though

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't really understand how this event works in terms of the "percentage," like right now it's at 20%, but 20% of what? Like do literally 100% of the players who own Summerset need to get that achievement for us to get the house? I'm assuming it's just the percentage of that progress bar but WTF does it represent?

Edit: Ha, well I did my part. I checked my map on one of my characters that had done a lot of Summerset stuff, and I only had one point of interest undiscovered, and it was right next to a wayshrine.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 20, 2018

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I don't really understand how this event works in terms of the "percentage," like right now it's at 20%, but 20% of what? Like do literally 100% of the players who own Summerset need to get that achievement for us to get the house? I'm assuming it's just the percentage of that progress bar but WTF does it represent?

Edit: Ha, well I did my part. I checked my map on one of my characters that had done a lot of Summerset stuff, and I only had one point of interest undiscovered, and it was right next to a wayshrine.

It is 20% of some arbitrary number they made up. 100% is not "everyone who owns Summerset".

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Apparently you can do it on multiple negaservers and it logs both achievos to the percent.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Pets are fine in most trials with most groups tbh. The only thing is, you need to stay on top of what it attacks etc because the pet AI is pretty bad in this game.

Also, most groups don't mind pets, it's just the more end-game guilds that prefer not to run them, but that has more to do with the fact that currently non-pet classes (e.g. nightblades) out-dps other classes by quite a bit.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

They took the PSIJIC ORDER, literally a group of mages who are the most POWERFUL and MYSTERIOUS in Tamriel, and made an entire questline of POINTLESS "GO HERE DO THING" QUESTS. Yeah, the skull buddy was funny but FETCH. QUESTS.

I want to EXPLORE THE MYSTERIES OF TAMRIEL and all you fuckers did was make me RUN AROUND WITH A BADLY DRAWN MAP.

I like ESO but that one I will regard as as close to unforgivable as I can regard anything in The Elder Scrolls.

Not to mention that for a few of the breaches you have to close, the maps outright lie about where they are (like the one near Cath Bedraud in Glenumbra). :argh:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Do the Psijics actually appear in any of the mainline games? I'm checking the wiki and one dude appears during Skyrim's college quests, but that's about it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Airspace posted:

Do the Psijics actually appear in any of the mainline games? I'm checking the wiki and one dude appears during Skyrim's college quests, but that's about it.

That's it. They appear in some in-game books but other than that their only appearances are their appearances in Skyrim and their wanting experience in ESO.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I am off my feet for two weeks and am thinking of coming back to this lovely game. Can I get an invite @slothgate?

I played at release and got to 50 and remember fun times PvPing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sky Shadowing posted:

hm i was considering buying the expansion on sale so i could get the free stuff but now i am not so sure

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

the psijic stuff is actually good, just the psijic side quest is kind of tedious (especially so if you dont have all wayshrines unlocked)

the psijic stuff tied in with the main quest is fine, i mean, even the tedious side quest stuff has some pretty interesting lore tidbits (lots, lots of tower lore), it's just a lot of hoofing it around to complete

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

sky probably should have downloaded the add-on that puts the waypoint on your in game map as well

edit: i guess i'll say a lot of the stuff skull buddy tells you just seems funny as you're doing it if you don't know lore but if you do it's actually some hold up what hey now poo poo especially the deeper you get into it

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 21, 2018

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
If you play this game simply as a single-player game (like I did for the first 2 months) then it's a great game. The issues start becoming clear if you decide to pvp or pve end-game, it's nowhere nearly as good as for example WoW.

It'll be fun for a month or so, but then you'll realize most of the trials are bs repetitions of the same mechanic (only some of the more recent ones require any form of group synergy etc.)

As for pvp, lack of a proper ranking system, over-dependence on certain type of sets, poo poo netcoding (this is more for someone like me, being in Asia and playing NA) etc just removes all the fun from it. The way combat rotations work in this game means higher pings really fucks you over.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JadaX posted:

As for pvp, lack of a proper ranking system, over-dependence on certain type of sets, poo poo netcoding (this is more for someone like me, being in Asia and playing NA) etc just removes all the fun from it. The way combat rotations work in this game means higher pings really fucks you over.

All this is true, except maybe the “removes all the fun” (ymmv), but ignores the real strength of ESO: playing dress up and chasing accessories to look ever more pretty.

Embrace the fashion grind.

Seriously.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In case anybody missed it: The "drunk" personality is up on the crown store for a couple of days. This has not been advertised anywhere as far as I know, and it does not show up under featured items, you actually have to go look in the personalities section to find it.

It's not a great deal at 1200 crowns, but it's pretty funny, especially the running animation where you're spilling your drink everywhere.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

can confirm, drunk personality is the best personality when running newbie goons through dungeons

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
why in gods name are all my alts being forced to start in summerset immediately meeting with a major character in the dominion questline.

like, what happens if i finish the summerset playthrough, then go to vulkhel guard and meet him there. is he still all "who are you?" or is he like "AH BUDDY. YOU SEEM TO HAVE FALLEN FROM THE SKY?"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Berke Negri posted:

can confirm, drunk personality is the best personality when running newbie goons through dungeons

Zombie's pretty good too, especially if you stop after every boss fight and do the /eat3 emote over it's corpse.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Coldforge posted:

Zombie's pretty good too, especially if you stop after every boss fight and do the /eat3 emote over it's corpse.

#goals
E: doubly funny if you're either tank or healer

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's not a great deal at 1200 crowns, but it's pretty funny, especially the running animation where you're spilling your drink everywhere.

ah man i was saving up my crowns for the merchant but this is pretty tempting

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Not to push you over the edge but, if you do /sick your character looks around to find a place to throw up and upon not seeing one throws up back into their mug.

The whole personality is the second best one in the game.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
You slosh your drink everywhere when you're running, and the mug stays in your hand during emotes where it seemingly shouldn't. It's great.

My favorite personalities are probably Duchess and Cheerful, mostly because I have characters that they are absolutely perfect for. (Cheerful was essential for my smug bro Argonian, but it's also great for making characters look nervous and fidgety.) I get the most use out of Heroic, but that's more because nothing else really works for some characters, and it's better than nothing.

The most obscure personality is probably Brassy Assassin, which as far as I know was only ever available for a few days around when Morrowind came out. Really surprised it hasn't shown up in crown crates yet.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 23, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Aramek posted:

The whole personality is the second best one in the game.

First has to be jester.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

First has to be jester.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love completing a really sad quest where someone is left dealing with a tragedy then my dude does a big proud TA-DA!!!

Jester is great with an auto emote add on to keep mixing it up all the time.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The team is expanding.

And some other chump

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Oceanbound posted:

The team is expanding.

These are great :discourse:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Kim and Tommy look fantastic.

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.
I got my pathfinder achievement yesterday. I was about to run through it with my alt, but another forum mentioned that it counts one per account, not per character.

Can i get an invite for @TungstenClad? I've got a mastercrafting Orc Dragonknight with provisioning, blacksmithing, alchemy, and clothier maxed out.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TheForgotton posted:

I got my pathfinder achievement yesterday. I was about to run through it with my alt, but another forum mentioned that it counts one per account, not per character.

You can do it again on EU, there’s plenty of people offering ports to make it easy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TheForgotton posted:

Can i get an invite for @TungstenClad? I've got a mastercrafting Orc Dragonknight with provisioning, blacksmithing, alchemy, and clothier maxed out.

What server/platform? "Account not found" on NA PC.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Oceanbound posted:

The team is expanding.

And some other chump

These are all awesome. Lord Zedd (?) looks like he's wearing a bikini top in the thumbnail, but that just makes him more awesome.

Edit: Or maybe it's Fusion Suit Samus. Or Shredder. Please tell me who that is, it's driving me nuts.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 24, 2018

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.

Coldforge posted:

What server/platform? "Account not found" on NA PC.
NA/Xbox.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Rollersnake posted:

These are all awesome. Lord Zedd (?) looks like he's wearing a bikini top in the thumbnail, but that just makes him more awesome.

Edit: Or maybe it's Fusion Suit Samus. Or Shredder. Please tell me who that is, it's driving me nuts.

It’s just some rando, not anyone in particular. An Argonian named Grande Americano.

You could make a real nice Lord Zedd with Daedric armour, though.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wtf personalities should work when mounted. I didn’t sober up as soon as I jumped on a bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Snowy posted:

Wtf personalities should work when mounted. I didn’t sober up as soon as I jumped on a bear.

A bear is not going to put up with your drunken rear end.