Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tom Scioli has a gradually ongoing biographical webcomic about Jack Kirby. It includes the relevant episode.

He also drew this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kirby was a loving boss

Rip :patriot:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Also, Dr. Stockman originally worked out of the "Rextab" building.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Infinitum posted:

In the long history of crossover events, have the TMNT ever teamed up with DD?

I did a long bout of research on TMNT crossovers for an article a while back and strangely there's been no Marvel/TMNT crossovers. DC, Image, Sonic, Hellboy, Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, X-Files, Ghostbusters, Alf, Cowboys of the Moo Mesa and so on, but the closest thing to a Marvel crossover is Ready Player One, I guess? I haven't seen it, but both turtles and Marvel properties show up in that, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gavok posted:

I did a long bout of research on TMNT crossovers for an article a while back and strangely there's been no Marvel/TMNT crossovers. DC, Image, Sonic, Hellboy, Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, X-Files, Ghostbusters, Alf, Cowboys of the Moo Mesa and so on, but the closest thing to a Marvel crossover is Ready Player One, I guess? I haven't seen it, but both turtles and Marvel properties show up in that, right?

The only reference to Marvel in the movie is the character comparing his name (Wade Watts) to Peter Pater / Bruce Banner.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wonder if someone at Marvel is just mad the turtles ripped them off.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Skwirl posted:

I don't know the Eisner story, but I've always liked this one

Usagi Yojimbo rules and is one of my favorite books ever. That has nothing to do with The King or Nazis but :shrug:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I love that it is specifically Four Nazis every time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide where this falls on the Awesome to Over-the-top Silly scale, but here's some pages from Weirdworld.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb move.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if we're posting Dracula being owned...

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Very few things own Dracula and his vampire hordes better than Captain Britain and MI-13. Because Pete Wisdom will carpet-bomb the vampire hordes with holy water.

Dracula vs Excalibur (the sword, not the superteazm)

Vampires vs. most of Marvel UK

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Say Nothing posted:

The exact same thing happens in Runaways, how many vampires will suck solar blood before they learn???

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The exact same thing happens in Runaways, how many vampires will suck solar blood before they learn???

It's pretty hard to pass on that knowledge after you have burned to death.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

A similar thing happened in the JLA story done by Claremont and Byrne, only instead of getting nuked by solar energy, the vamp in question just went "Ptoo! Ew, gross, alien blood!" and that was kinda it.

It was not a good story.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

A similar thing happened in the JLA story done by Claremont and Byrne, only instead of getting nuked by solar energy, the vamp in question just went "Ptoo! Ew, gross, alien blood!" and that was kinda it.

It was not a good story.

The vampire's name was "Crucifer".

Crucifer.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It happened with Apollo in the New 52 I, Vampire comic but I don't have panels

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom #6.

:allears:

Gives me a 90s vibe for some reason

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably all the Leifeld guns he's covered in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Probably all the stupid all over the place

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Infinitum posted:

Venom #6.

Is the symbiote named "Rex"?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

Crucifer.

And the symbol of his order was a Times New Roman "X" with a circle around it.

It was, as I said, not a good story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

prefect posted:

Is the symbiote named "Rex"?

Sort of, a guy named rex had a symbiote so long it consumed his whole body and it took on his mind and kind of just "became" the guy

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Crucifer.

Like... Cabbages? Cabbages, the vampire.

No! No, wait!

Broccula.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Nosferatuber

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infinitum posted:

Venom #6.

It's like Cable got his own symbiote

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

And the symbol of his order was a Times New Roman "X" with a circle around it.

It was, as I said, not a good story.

:drac:"In my language it means 'hope'"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I finally finished Fraction's Hawkeye and the last issue had a moment that reminded me of that ridiculous bit from The Ultimates but actually well done and it had been built up from the previous issues:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
:ohdear: Pizza Dog made it through though, right? :ohdear:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Don't worry. He's fine. And a good boy.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

I was surprised because I don't remember seeing him in Hawkeye Vs. Deadpool but Mozzarella did survive.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yes.

He's with Kate now, much to Clint's displeasure.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That fight is portrayed so incredibly well. You can see what the characters see and think without thought bubbles or narration and every panel has a real flow and continuity from the previous one. It's like a storyboard for a choreographed fight in a film.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lobok posted:

That fight is portrayed so incredibly well. You can see what the characters see and think without thought bubbles or narration and every panel has a real flow and continuity from the previous one. It's like a storyboard for a choreographed fight in a film.

I'd absolutely adore an MCU Hawkeye film where Clint properly retires after Infinity War Pt2 and hands the mantle over to Kate.

That whole series was a delight to read.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Samuringa posted:

I finally finished Fraction's Hawkeye and the last issue had a moment that reminded me of that ridiculous bit from The Ultimates but actually well done and it had been built up from the previous issues:

It's very hard to do a sequence like that. Excellent work.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

DigitalRaven posted:

Vampires vs. most of Marvel UK

Holy poo poo I haven’t thought about Deaths Head in years. I remember buying the Deaths Head 2 mini-series (or whatever) in the early 90s and wondering what the hell was going on and if there was ever any more of them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Proteus Jones posted:

Yes.

He's with Kate now, much to Clint's displeasure.

Nah, he's fine with it. At some point he was back with Clint, but nowadays he's back with Kate again. Interestingly enough, he took a plane without supervision.
They basically have shared custody.

Besides, Clint hangs around at Kate's place right now, so he gets to enjoy best dog, anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love how they set up Chekov's collar stay with Mockingbird and Kate ragging on Clint looking like a slob and not knowing what a collar stay is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

David Aja is insanely good. For more incredibly well portrayed fights check out his run on Immortal Iron Fist.

What's he drawing these days?