Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What in the seven hells is that YouTube video. Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

What in the seven hells is that YouTube video. Jesus

That guy used to have a user profile somewhere that said, "I squeak. Deal with it."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

In other words, in both cases, the fans think the JPEGs are pledges, when they're actually products. But the streamers are upfront about this.

lol, fair enough

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I prefer action crobear. I am not really surprised to see furries involved with SC, but I wonder if they are the weird offshoot Nazi furs, because SC seems to really attract the "Great Awakening" crowd. I guess these folks have the special brain worms that make them susceptible to the lies of fat bullshit artists.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Dear lord that YouTube video... What I'm saying? Of course there would be a furry org in Star Citizen, it intersects with every single bizarre, fringe, gross and/or hateful neckbeard community on the internet.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Lord Stimperor posted:

Okay friendos, I do need your input one more time. Which one of these is best?

Squishy Crobear

Square Crobear

Square Crobear, transparent

Action Crobear

Edit: I prefer either the squisy or the action crobear I think

Friends don't let friends waste money on jpegs (or gifs)

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

G0RF posted:

Some are owed Episode 2, I think everybody has to pay for 3.

That’s true, most are more interested in SC than SQ42. But I think after this miserably bad PR year, the year in which Scam Citizen became the outside gamer narrative of the brand, there is a deep longing for CIG to have a public win of any kind.

Consider how SuperMacBros describes the arc of a Star Citizen Youtuber. And how he longs for the breakthrough tech coming at the end of this year to turn things around.

That sentiment is widely shared in the community, whether one prefers SC to Squadron or vice versa. Since CitizenCon won’t see that breakthrough tech in players’ hands, it doesn’t seem likely to change narratives much, outside or inside the community. But I do think a star studded Squadron trailer could buoy spirits and even get some gaming press coverage.

Maybe it won’t happen though— we’ll see.

Yeah they're 2 years late on delivering less than 1% of the promised scope of the PU, and none of the promised fidelity and ground breaking gameplay has appeared (beyond some high polygon art assets) after 7 years. Even there own roadmap suggests that Stanton will be worked on through the end of 2019. It has to be obvious even to Chris that they can never deliver the PU at this rate. Even though Sq42 was meant to appeal to the Wing Commander crowd who left this mess years ago, and only the second lifers are still spending money, its the only option Chris has at this point. I fully expect them to try to push episode one out the door in the next year or two, regardless of how much a broken and boring mess it is.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Another vote for Action Crobear.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

AlbieQuirky posted:

Another vote for Action Crobear.

Third. It meshes well with :pgi:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Golli posted:

Just returned from vacation. Disney World is adding new attractions and refurbishing old ones.

On the fences surrounding construction areas are select quotes from an obscure visionary that I am sure Chris has never heard of.

For example:

I see a bunch of bullshit from a nobody who never made Wing Commander, the only media that matters :smug:

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Jason Sextro posted:

I see a bunch of bullshit from a nobody who never made Wing Commander, the only media that matters :smug:

The fidelity on that Mouse of his is pretty weak, as well.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://media.giphy.com/media/2vkNAdxIQWe5p3l9OF/giphy.mp4

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

less than three posted:

Third. It meshes well with :pgi:

Needs to be smoother and spin like :pgi: though.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pixelate posted:

I don't even know which crobear was meant. All crobears are good. Maybe one of these would work?

I'm just gonna be stealing these

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lord Stimperor posted:

Edit: I prefer either the squisy or the action crobear I think

The spinny icon is kind of traditional by now, I like it

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Square Crobear is best crobear. :)

The spinny one is far too rough looking for a spinny spinner. :)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Potato Salad posted:

I'm just gonna be stealing these

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dogeh posted:

TastyCrayon posted this on Discord

Nice rant - NSFW if your boss hates bad language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57cqs5Uzlc
:lol: that's the kind of meltdown I'd expect if any of the cultists wake up one day and go "now, waaait a loving minute".
It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's spectacular.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dogeh posted:

TastyCrayon posted this on Discord

Nice rant - NSFW if your boss hates bad language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U57cqs5Uzlc

Star Citizer: I am not getting an erection anymore

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Have you just lost your dev job with bad management, unrealistic sprints and endless crunch?

Come work for us!

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Baxta posted:

Have you just lost your dev job with bad management, unrealistic sprints and endless crunch?

Come work for us!

Showing how life can always be worse.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Can't you wannabe anti-anime mods hook him up with somebody who can give him access to the cool-sized smilies? you know, like :gary:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Baxta posted:

Come work for us!

That's... wow.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It'd be like getting thrown off a cliff and their safest bet is to be caught in the web of a huge spider monster....
... but other legit companies that make games also reached out and way earlier via Twitter.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Star Citizen getting name dropped out of nowhere in a completely unrelated video by a big tech reviewer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff9b2ybCSJo&t=176s

Just reviewing new SD card standards, then shots taken out of nowhere.

:lol:

That was really random but also really good :lol:

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Sarsapariller posted:

The spinny icon is kind of traditional by now, I like it

Same here. Another vote for action crobbear

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

G0RF posted:

Some are owed Episode 2, I think everybody has to pay for 3.

Maybe Chris will release episode 3 first. :saddowns:

I am sure backers would be fine with it.

Gotta support CIG, hey you will get the finale for free which would make the finale even better! Chris breaking new ground etc...

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 23, 2018

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I do not feel ashamed to post this every time WTFOsaurus stupid Furry crew comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AJ9d6A2Yk

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

ggangensis posted:

Same here. Another vote for action crobbear

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/EricKieronDavis/status/1043657683016998912
https://twitter.com/digitalgain/status/1043264902142386176

They're fine.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 23, 2018

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kosumo posted:

Friends don't let friends waste money on jpegs (or gifs)

It is to late, we always knew it would end like this :crobear:

The Titanic posted:

The spinny one is far too rough looking for a spinny spinner. :)

I added a few extra frames for you to make it less rough :crobear:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:crobear: just in time for citizen con

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

:crobear: Get ready for the con of the century ! :crobear:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

:crobear: Jumpin' on the bandwagon :crobear:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's been almost two years since I first checked in to the Star Citizen debacle, and it has been thus far a hilarious ride. Recently we are seeing more and more people change their minds about this game, and others indicate that if they are aware of Star Citizen, it is in a negative light as an all-but-confirmed scam. Every major episode seems to bring more people to the "other" side, in reality we all want the same thing which is a kick-rear end space game- it's just that SC has sucked up a lot of money and hope that could have gone to producing something feasible and worthwhile instead of a work in progress with little progress to show for it.

I do hope something is released from this development, and that it can be reviewed accordingly.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYXj-XZ3yk

:crobear:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Telltale games can hardly be called games and Star Citizen isn't a game so it's a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's been almost two years since I first checked in to the Star Citizen debacle, and it has been thus far a hilarious ride. Recently we are seeing more and more people change their minds about this game, and others indicate that if they are aware of Star Citizen, it is in a negative light as an all-but-confirmed scam. Every major episode seems to bring more people to the "other" side, in reality we all want the same thing which is a kick-rear end space game- it's just that SC has sucked up a lot of money and hope that could have gone to producing something feasible and worthwhile instead of a work in progress with little progress to show for it.

I do hope something is released from this development, and that it can be reviewed accordingly.

I've got the same impression. Sure, they are a few gullible people left that still think everything is fine and they'll eventually get the game promised. Those are the people still buying ships or have that subscription to that they can receive more advertisements information through the CIG youtube channel.
But in general I think its a tiny fraction, BoredGamer scores between 10 to 20k views on his videos and then comes nothing for a long time. Montoya can be lucky if he gets 2k+ views on his videos and there will be intersections between both viewerbases. The SC thread in one of the biggest gaming forums in germany basically has around ~15 active people while it goes in the hundreds for threads about other, popular games.
I think there aren't too many people left, but those who are seem to spend considerable amounts of money, at least enough to keep CIG afloat. Maybe some new starter packs here and there following propaganda efforts like that gamestar special, but I really assume thats it.

When I look around, nobody really seems to care about SC. Even the more avid gamers I know have barely heard of it, let alone spent money on it. I think at this point its just a bizarre microcosm for bystanders... and probably would be for me if I hadn't wasted money on Chris' retirement fund years ago and couldn't stop watching with some sort of morbid fascination at this trainwreck. drat, what am I doing with my life? :stare: