Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wish I could die before playing Smash but at least not doing so means I get to play Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

elf help book posted:

im crying remembering the poor brony goon who died right before he could play duke nukem forever

that was probably a small mercy, on several levels

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

im crying remembering the poor brony goon who died right before he could play duke nukem forever

That guy was awesome.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Who was it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

RIP

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SY_B07eGUA like tears in the rain

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, look at this guy's game room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7En_cYAa8

The electric bills alone must be 2k per month

He has one if eight Tetris for Genesis carts in existence

Also he showed off an actual Ultra 64. I never heard of one ever turning up before

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Also he showed off an actual Ultra 64. I never heard of one ever turning up before

Gah! Holy nardsfuck.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Virgin

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Bangai o for the ds seemed fun but I didn't really understand how to play it properly

Bangai o spirits ftw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I played A Link to the Past a long time ago on GBA, but I decided to play it on my SNES classic. This game is so loving good.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I played A Link to the Past a long time ago on GBA, but I decided to play it on my SNES classic. This game is so loving good.

It's basically perfect.

The only thing better about the gba version is the dark world ending. Otherwise the snes version is the perfect way to play it.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
*finally playing Super Mario Odyssey* Oh! Haha. Yay! How charming

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm only on Chapter 3 in Xenoblade 2 right now and it's already insane how many different systems there are to keep track of. I've heard the game gets to galaxy brain OCD levels later, and I'd normally balk at that, but I'm morbidly curious to see how far they can stretch everything.

imagine playing it before the patches that let you re-read tutorials.

e: apparently you still can't do that. lol

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

AverySpecialfriend posted:

*finally playing Super Mario Odyssey* Oh! Haha. Yay! How charming

I play it once in a while, and every time I do I'm like, why don't I play this more, this is so good! I think I am just getting too old for Mario, and I say that entirely blaming myself. Mario is too good for me, not the other way around.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Playing Odyssey with the joycon straps on so I can safely drop my controllers to clap like a delighted child

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

R. Guyovich posted:

imagine playing it before the patches that let you re-read tutorials.

e: apparently you still can't do that. lol

No rereading any of the jillion tutorials and no database for items/enemies is the only thing really hampering an otherwise fun JRPG.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Love filling out affinity charts and having to figure out where in Tantal a Dithering Jowatl might be located.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm sure the expansion is good but i did everything in the main game and that was more than enough to give me permanent burnout

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is anyone else weirdly excited for Luigi's Mansion 3DS?

I only rented Luigi's Mansion when it first came out. I liked Dark Moon, but I wished it was a big mansion instead of a series of levels. So I'm pretty excited for this.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The big mansion works much better than the dark moon style of different levels. I wish it was coming for switch instead of the 3ds but it’s an underrated game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only ever got a couple of mansions into 2. I feel bad because it's a good game and really charming but it just didn't hold my attention. I should get back to it someday

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/video_a_look_at_the_aliens_dinosaurs_and_more_that_were_cut_from_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

This is wild lol (breath of the wild). You were going to team up with ganon to fight aliens at one point

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/video_a_look_at_the_aliens_dinosaurs_and_more_that_were_cut_from_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

This is wild lol (breath of the wild). You were going to team up with ganon to fight aliens at one point

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it took them a year to make majors mask after ocarina of time. why couldn't they make the ganon alien team up game anyways

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Is anyone else weirdly excited for Luigi's Mansion 3DS?

I only rented Luigi's Mansion when it first came out. I liked Dark Moon, but I wished it was a big mansion instead of a series of levels. So I'm pretty excited for this.

I'm excited if it had 3d because the GameCube version actually had 3d support in the code. I hope it's not one of those 3ds games that don't react to the slider.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Smash kid died today 😔

They made it just in time. RIP

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

drat. glad he was able to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash kid died today 😔

That's rough...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I'm excited if it had 3d because the GameCube version actually had 3d support in the code. I hope it's not one of those 3ds games that don't react to the slider.

i assumed it was 2d only like all of nintendos games now but the box art actually says playable in 3d

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Smash kid died today 😔

rest in nintendo power

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Smash kid died today 😔

Miyamoto kills to maintain secrecy once again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
F

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

i assumed it was 2d only like all of nintendos games now but the box art actually says playable in 3d

Oh poo poo, I didn't know that. Now it's a definite must have. The game was literally made for 3D

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Miyamoto kills to maintain secrecy once again

He took the secret of the Pokéfloat stage to his grave

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
why was it made for 3d, how were they gonna use that on a gamecube launch title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There was an internal experiment to get stereoscopy working even back then.