Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ffoecaf posted:

My team:

QB Newton
RB Drake, McCoy, White, Ekeler, Kerryon Johnson
WR Beckham, Allen, Lockett, Gordon, John Brown
TE Cook, Njoku

PPR, 4pt Pass TD, 1QB,2WR,2RB,1TE,Flex league

Just got offered Peterson + Wentz for McCoy.

Thoughts?
Wentz is useless since you already have Cam and Pederson alone isn't worth McCoy. Like he might outscore McCoy straight up if he lasts all season, but I wouldn't expect him to last that long. If they are interested in McCoy though, you should contemplate selling. What else does the other team have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn

Tiptoes posted:

Wentz is useless since you already have Cam and Pederson alone isn't worth McCoy. Like he might outscore McCoy straight up if he lasts all season, but I wouldn't expect him to last that long. If they are interested in McCoy though, you should contemplate selling. What else does the other team have?

QB Brady Wentz Goff
RB Gurley Freeman Burkhead Peterson A Jones Murray
WR Robinson Funchess Marshall
TE Kelce

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gobias Ind. posted:

Surely Deshaun Watson isn't available in a 16 team dynasty league?

To trade for I mean

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Tiptoes posted:

McCoy has value? My RBs are terrible and he is still going to ride the bench forever unless Allen is actually good and gives him space to breathe. I would do McCoy for Peterson, and I think Wentz has value, especially if he is close to what he did last year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The roster spot you get when Peterson breaks down and gets IRed is more useful than 2018 Shady McCoy

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ffoecaf posted:

QB Brady Wentz Goff
RB Gurley Freeman Burkhead Peterson A Jones Murray
WR Robinson Funchess Marshall
TE Kelce
I think if you can talk him into Peterson+Freeman(Devonta?) or Jones, then it's a win for you.

Pain of Mind posted:

McCoy has value? My RBs are terrible and he is still going to ride the bench forever unless Allen is actually good and gives him space to breathe. I would do McCoy for Peterson, and I think Wentz has value, especially if he is close to what he did last year.
His name is still Lesean McCoy and he hasn't lost anything as an athlete. I don't think Buffalo is going to get blown out every game so there's still opportunity for him whereas I think you run the risk of Peterson not having enough good game scripts before he goes down to another neck injury or something. Plus if someone else is trying to buy McCoy, they likely still think positively of him and you can use that to your advantage in week 3.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Someone just traded Fitzpatrick for Aaron Rodgers in my ten team work league. I'd vote against it but meh

Why would you vote against a good trade?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Haha I wasn't serious. Would only veto trades if there's obvious shady stuff goin on. If this guys wants to trade Rodgers for fitzmagic then more power to him. I just dont think there's any way fitz keeps this up, but I'd love to be wrong.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

because the veto system is broken. It behooves me to vote against a trade that greatly benfits one side. It behooves me to vote against a trade that benefits both teams. Remove the veto system entirely.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Veto system is indeed trash.

I had to give my league an ultimatum before the season that we were going to a commissioner approval system whether they liked it or not. Get with the program or find a new league.

It's even more dumb because it's not even majority since it only takes like 4 vetos out of 12.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Veto is not neat-o.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

because the veto system is broken. It behooves me to vote against a trade that greatly benfits one side. It behooves me to vote against a trade that benefits both teams. Remove the veto system entirely.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't want anyone to upgrade Rodgers to Fitzmagic either 👀

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fitzmagic in a keeper or dyno league oh man that boy is the future

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Fitzmagic in a keeper or dyno league oh man that boy is the future

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Gabbert is starting against the Jaguars.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, does anyone except that even if Lynch were to go down that Doug Martin would be worth starting?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, does anyone except that even if Lynch were to go down that Doug Martin would be worth starting?

No. It's obvious that Chucky badly wants him to be that guy, but his performance so far says he is not that guy. Which is weird to me because Martin used to be a lead back who was decently successful at it, so I don't know what happened.

e. I think the fact the Raiders have not gotten rid of Washington or Richard says that it's going to be a mix behind Lynch no matter what. Including the fullback, Gruden is rostering five backs. All the above notwithstanding, definitely if Lynch went down, Martin would have a bigger role, but I doubt he'd be worth starting even in a Flex spot.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 23, 2018

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why would anyone start Doug Martin in 2018? He was done when he got his rear end cut by TB and now he’s on the Raiders

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Keith Atherton posted:

Why would anyone start Doug Martin in 2018? He was done when he got his rear end cut by TB and now he’s on the Raiders

man it's a 16 team deep bench league and I went 0 RB. He at least touches the ball a couple times a game. Don't judge me!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

man it's a 16 team deep bench league and I went 0 RB. He at least touches the ball a couple times a game. Don't judge me!

Go get you some Alfred Blue

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Leonard Fournette announced as out for today

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is the week where I either drop to 0-3 in both leagues and my seasons are nearly lost already, OR I rise triumphantly to 1-2 in both leagues and start my 12 game win streaks. Welp, see ya next year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Keith Atherton posted:

Scott Fish Bowl. I just dropped him for Jakeem Grant.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 23, 2018

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
In my favorite league, which has 14 teams, there are only two players that I drafted in the first seven rounds who will play today (not counting Marvin Jones Jr, who plays late so can't be counted upon). 0-3 time.

e: and one of those two is Jamaal Williams, who is bad and I should not have drafted him.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I've been offered his Will Fuller for my Carlos Hyde. Would you do this? My RBs are Kamara, Hunt, Conner, Thompson, Hyde, Brieda, and Murray, and my WRs are Thielen, Agholor, Marvin Jones Jr., Gordon, and Alshon. I'm a bit iffy no matter what because I was initially shopping Conner and got countered with that, and I don't want to leave myself too thin at RB if I do end up trading Conner. Thanks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

I've been offered his Will Fuller for my Carlos Hyde. Would you do this? My RBs are Kamara, Hunt, Conner, Thompson, Hyde, Brieda, and Murray, and my WRs are Thielen, Agholor, Marvin Jones Jr., Gordon, and Alshon. I'm a bit iffy no matter what because I was initially shopping Conner and got countered with that, and I don't want to leave myself too thin at RB if I do end up trading Conner. Thanks

Give up a starting RB with a rookie QB for a WR2 behind a lovely line with a shaky QB? Pass.

Your team is fine. Maybe package Brieda and Murray for an upgrade a WR, but your team has a ton of depth and you can always trade later if you need to. Hell if Gordon goes off over the next few weeks you're golden.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Give up a starting RB with a rookie QB for a WR2 behind a lovely line with a shaky QB? Pass.

Your team is fine. Maybe package Brieda and Murray for an upgrade a WR, but your team has a ton of depth and you can always trade later if you need to. Hell if Gordon goes off over the next few weeks you're golden.

Now you're making me nervous about starting Fuller over Garcon. :ohdear:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay I need ESPN to mark Alshon and Lenny Fours as out already so I can make some roster moves.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I’m never drafting Leonard Fournette again.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Awesome, thanks. I mostly want to get off the James Conner ride and get some value while I can, even if it's early. Bell will probably hold out until week 10 but I don't want to be left holding the bag if he doesn't.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Look, you can only expect so much performance from a RB lining up behind an elite passer like Bortles

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quiet Feet posted:

Now you're making me nervous about starting Fuller over Garcon. :ohdear:

It's what I do.

(You're fine.)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Awesome, thanks. I mostly want to get off the James Conner ride and get some value while I can, even if it's early. Bell will probably hold out until week 10 but I don't want to be left holding the bag if he doesn't.

Do the opposite. Grab Bell.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

In my short bench league, Gio and Murray are both on the waiver wire. Do I drop anybody for them? Freeman? Jones? Debating short term vs. long term assets. We don't have an IR slot in this league either...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I would drop Jones for Murray and start him this week over Freeman.

With benches that short I would guess you can get Jones back next week if you want him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

With benches that short I would guess you can get Jones back next week if you want him.

Yeah I would do the same.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Ekeler is also out there...'

Thanks guys, dropped Jones for Murray.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 23, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hi, I need to drop a player due to short benches and I need a defense. Full PPR

I have Philip Lindsay, Larry Fitz, Latavius Murray, Giovanni Bernard, Kenny Stills, Javorius Allen as my droppables.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hi, I need to drop a player due to short benches and I need a defense. Full PPR

I have Philip Lindsay, Larry Fitz, Latavius Murray, Giovanni Bernard, Kenny Stills, Javorius Allen as my droppables.

Allen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cigar Aficionado posted:

TBF he was pretty good last year.