Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
E: what I really meant was :same: but also was your divorce also due to the alcoholism? You don’t have to respond but that was my case in my divorce :smith:

E2: cause I started the divorce process when I was drunk.

E3: not drinking anymore, don’t drink. If you are drinking a whole lot every day you can die if you stop, consult doctor before quitting cold turkey.

Content: remembering this poo poo as soon as I wake up has made my day lovely! Yay! (No offense to wet possum)

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:54 on Sep 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

Thin Privilege posted:

E: what I really meant was :same: but also was your divorce also due to the alcoholism?

Chiming in here to also say :same: Addiction sucks.

At least the ex and I are still good friends.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I've been nursing a migraine all day.

Was very happy that it looked like I aged out of them finally but apparentkly quitting drinking means that I get to have them again. Joy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So we all like to make fun of parents who give their kids "yewnyque" names, and working in a gift shop, I see the consequences of this daily due to people complaining they can never find the wrong spelling on personalized items.

But today a woman with special needs was looking and couldn't find the spelling of her name she was given, and she was really upset and couldn't understand why her name was left out but an identical name with traditional spelling was there. It really pissed me off. I wished I could help in some way.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grief is never, ever done with you.

You mind says "but this was four years ago," and your heart says "but this was four years ago."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just got a heads up text from my manager letting me know that my district sales leader and an HR rep are meeting with me today. I got in trouble for setting a perpetual fee waiver on a checking account for one of my homeless clients. I thought it would just be a smack on the wrist, but if there's someone from HR there it may be a bit more serious. Either way I told them I wasn't reversing it and my manager has my back on it. Dude deserves it.

edit:
Lost a bonus over it, but not fired. At least they're letting him keep the waiver. Sucks, but no regrets.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Sep 21, 2018

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Last night my mother didn't come home because she had taken my younger siblings to my little brother's football game and refused to take them to McDonald's so my one sister who has a multitude of mental disorders got so angry about not being able to go to McDonald's that she started punching mom and they had to go to the hospital, and then this morning I found out that I had forgotten to roll my windows up so the inside of my car is damp and is probably going to get mold in it, and then I stepped in cat poo poo and was late to work

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone posted a video of a person dying in a way that I almost died in that caused me PTSD and now I am having a hardcore episode. I didn't even watch the video, but just the words were enough to gently caress me up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got drunk and texted some people.

Harmless stuff, but ny autocorrects are in shambles. Literally every word is misspelled, to the point where every word in this sentence was wrong.

bonus well-poo poo annoyance: I have blackout curtains, so I'm used to it being dark in my apartment. What I didn't realize is that it's two in the loving morning. :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Sep 23, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My girlfriend decided to loving ghost me and just drop out of my life while continuing to post on Facebook about how she was just going about her life as usual. So I unfriended her because every time I logged on to Facebook it was like a punch in the gut, like surprise, pal, she doesn't love you like you thought she did. I hate it, I hate the idea of being single again, I don't know how to meet people and if anyone was wondering why I have trust issues, well...

I'm tempted to just box up everything she ever gave me and drop it off on her front lawn, but I know that would be childish. I'll probably just end up throwing it all out.

So it's been nothing but lovely days for the past month or so. And now I have a client quibbling over a $100/month difference in the rent for an apartment that's listed differently on two different websites when he was just fine paying the higher rate when he called me, when I showed him the apartment, and when he filled out the application and wrote me a check for the first month's rent. Dude, you make $170k a year, you knew the rent when you called me, suck it up.

I'm not responsible for the discrepancy, I'm not the landlord, and now I have to bring this to the property manager on Monday like he's not going to tell me to pound sand and just rent the place to someone else.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Sep 23, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My city got hit by two tornadoes. My power has been out for 48 hours now, won't be back til Tuesday at the earliest. Had to throw out all food in fridge/freezer.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
(Trigger warning: discussion of rape.)

This seems minor compared to other poo poo that gets posted in this thread, but I listened to the radio while on my way back from grocery shopping and I heard a pundit whom I really liked and usually agreed with take the stance that "Jimmy Bennett was not raped by Asia Argento, because it's physically impossible for a woman to rape a man."

It made me so angry. So loving MAD. Just... What the gently caress, dude?

Mikl has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Sep 24, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found out today that someone I had a low key interest in is fuckin sixteen..

Like, I'm in a long term monogamous relationship. I'm not exactly looking for anything. But I don't know what's worse; that she's underage, or her stories about old men not giving two shits about her being sixteen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Like, I'm in a long term monogamous relationship. I'm not exactly looking for anything. But I don't know what's worse; that she's underage, or her stories about old men not giving two shits about her being sixteen.

Quoted for posterity.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's a lot to unpack.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

That's a lot to unpack.

Yeah, imagine being that dude who has to unpack it. I wasn't trying to sleep with her or anything, I just thought she was cute.

But like I said, the worst part is the stories she told me about guys who didn't have the NOPE NOPE SIXTEEN ABORT ABORT rule wired into their brains. Like, OK, I'm OK that my reaction was revulsion, imagine dudes who didnt.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm sick (sore throat, headache, intermittent chills, chest crap, the works!) and staring down the barrel of 4 12-hour shifts in a row. Pray for me please?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MisterBibs posted:

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, imagine being that dude who has to unpack it. I wasn't trying to sleep with her or anything, I just thought she was cute.

But like I said, the worst part is the stories she told me about guys who didn't have the NOPE NOPE SIXTEEN ABORT ABORT rule wired into their brains. Like, OK, I'm OK that my reaction was revulsion, imagine dudes who didnt.

Please stop talking

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This thread is going to tailspin into an age of consent derail isn't it?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Bibs'd again

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

This thread is going to tailspin into an age of consent derail isn't it?

Of course not, we all know the proper age of consent is 73.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is why yesterday, (and tomorrow and Sunday) were lovely, but I am putting it here.

Sat. 29th is teh AFL Grand Final. A very important day for Australians, and even moreso for Australian expats like myself. I currently live in a tiny bumfuck town in rural China. Next week is National week holiday, so I managed to book a train to Shanghai, leaving Friday night after work to go up to a big city where I can watch the game, stay a few days and then head back home. Due to the way public holidays work in China, there was a possibility that the 29th and 30th would be "make up" days where we go to work to make up for the days lost to the public holiday. Over the last 3 weeks I have asked repeatedly whether or not I would be required to work on the 29th, to which the response was always "I dunno, but you should be right". So I go ahead and book my trip in hope.

Then yesterday, (Thursday), they tell me that I have to work both Sat. and Sun. So not only have they stolen teh Grand Final from me, due to it being China and all, I am unlikely to be able to buy train tickets out of here for Monday at such short notice. So they have stolen my chance to get out of this shithole town and enjoy the days I do have off. Of course if they had told me any of this a week or so ago, it would be annoying, but no real problem as I could have bought tickets etc. for the right dates. Instead they throw it at me last minute so I am hosed.

Luckily enough the hotel is fully refundable, so I am not out too much cash, but I am still pissed off.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to a picnic last week for all the people attending recovery services in my county. They were having a raffle as well, with some nice prizes, and I waited to hear my number get called. Quality prizes like really pretty backpacks, new sleeping bags, new luggage, crock pots, etc. I hear my ticket called and excitedly come up to collect my prize... a ten dollar gift card to Starbucks. Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things. Of course no one would trade with me, so that pissed me off enough to just go home and buy my own drat, better backpack. I had even found someone else's credit card after parking in the garage, with the cvc number and all, but I handed it over to the event organizers instead. Wtf karma?

So, being in recovery, I am supposed to have random pee tests. Mine came back positive for alcohol when I have 80 days sobriety so far and I was very pissed. Another alcoholic's also came back with a false positive and he went to his real doctor to get a different pee test and got it sorted out. So I retook my test that afternoon, tested positive again, and then went to my real doctor to clear up my results with a new different test. She was supposed to let me know the results on Tuesday but never called until thursday today to 'check up' on me. Oh, sorry, don't have the results yet, I'll let you know tomorrow.... well you better, cause I don't want to look like a liar to my counselors and peers when I know for a fact I haven't drank in nearly 3 months. It doesn't seem as important to her as it is to me to fix this and that irritates me. Plus these are new testing kits that they bought a ton of and if its not reliable enough to give out 2 false positives out of ten tested, then whats the point?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

cinni posted:

I went to a picnic last week for all the people attending recovery services in my county. They were having a raffle as well, with some nice prizes, and I waited to hear my number get called. Quality prizes like really pretty backpacks, new sleeping bags, new luggage, crock pots, etc. I hear my ticket called and excitedly come up to collect my prize... a ten dollar gift card to Starbucks. Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things. Of course no one would trade with me, so that pissed me off enough to just go home and buy my own drat, better backpack. I had even found someone else's credit card after parking in the garage, with the cvc number and all, but I handed it over to the event organizers instead. Wtf karma?

So, being in recovery, I am supposed to have random pee tests. Mine came back positive for alcohol when I have 80 days sobriety so far and I was very pissed. Another alcoholic's also came back with a false positive and he went to his real doctor to get a different pee test and got it sorted out. So I retook my test that afternoon, tested positive again, and then went to my real doctor to clear up my results with a new different test. She was supposed to let me know the results on Tuesday but never called until thursday today to 'check up' on me. Oh, sorry, don't have the results yet, I'll let you know tomorrow.... well you better, cause I don't want to look like a liar to my counselors and peers when I know for a fact I haven't drank in nearly 3 months. It doesn't seem as important to her as it is to me to fix this and that irritates me. Plus these are new testing kits that they bought a ton of and if its not reliable enough to give out 2 false positives out of ten tested, then whats the point?

They probably just picked them up at CVS/Walgreens/etc.

Mine:
The loving smoke detector battery decided to die at loving 5 am and I’d gone to bed late and after a long shift, but nooooooo. At first my VERY 95% ASLEEP brain thought it was my cats were dragging some clothes under the door (wtf) but then I wake up all the way and it’s BEEP. BEEP. Every 30 seconds. I was about to rip it out of the ceiling ripping the (asbestos) wires (it’s also connected to the wiring in my building) and smash the gently caress out of it. Now I’m wide awake.

At least I had a carbon monoxide detector that doesn’t beep when removing the battery so I just used that one, clumsily got up on one of my bar stools—almost fell cause goddamn I’m tired—and fixed it. Could barely get the stupid thing back on the ceiling. And I hope My 80 year olds buildings pipes don’t burst and blast gas everywhere any time soon cause I know I’m gonna forget to get more batteries for the carbon monoxide one. Cause I keep forgetting to get one for the bedroom cm detector.

Aaaargh I tried to fix a typo and somehow hit the language button and it changed to Russian! Goddamnit!!! пошёл на хуй iphone.

E: I ate something and now I have heartburn YAYYYYYY

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Sep 28, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

cinni posted:

Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things.

Despite Starbucks having a reputation for "$5 cups of bad coffee" their bad coffee is actually similarly priced compared to better coffee shops, with the largest hardcore caffeine addict size of thirty loving ounces of iced coffee the only regular coffee that cracks the three dollar mark. They also have a blond espresso that's actually fairly tasty because they can't burn it like they do with their darker roasts, and I think a blond latte is the same price as their regular "burnt garbage roast" lattes.

You could easily get a cup of bad coffee, an unsatisfyingly small and greasy breakfast sandwich, and one of their narrow selection of overpriced bakery items for :10bux:, or maybe a sandwich and one of those 600 calorie vanilla bullshit things.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

You should ask the 16 year old to go out for hot dogs

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mr. Bibs, you're really loving lucky another PYF mod saw the reports of your post before I did.

If anyone ever posts in this thread about their day being lovely because of their mental/emotional/totally non-sexual attraction to a sixteen year old again they will be absolutely destroyed and I don't care if I get demodded over it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mr. Bibs, you're really loving lucky another PYF mod saw the reports of your post before I did.

If anyone ever posts in this thread about their day being lovely because of their mental/emotional/totally non-sexual attraction to a sixteen year old again they will be absolutely destroyed and I don't care if I get demodded over it.

You could try feeding him a hot dog he'd never survive

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That'd work for him, sure, but I can't count on that for any future offenders.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
What a coincidence, I was doing some Lippincott masteries earlier and you'll never guess what the correct answer to this question was

(the bottom one, I got this question wrong, don't know why the gently caress I thought 60 breaths per minute was ever appropriate)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That'd work for him, sure, but I can't count on that for any future offenders.

I'll kill them.for you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sid Vicious posted:

I'll kill them.for you

With a hot dog?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Picnic Princess posted:

With a hot dog?

If I must

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A sharpened frozen hot dog (known in prison as a Coney Island Cutter) is one of the top ten meat based stabbing weapons.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My thread has turned into a gross poo poo show.

Please post real issues, thanks.

Content!!! I was in the suburbs and decided to wake up at 4:30 to drive back to avoid traffic (30 min instead of an hour if I had left later) but now I can’t fall back asleep. I had been considering waking up at 8 and I really should have cause I have to work a 10 hour shift and I’m gonna die from exhaustion.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
poo poo keeps cropping up that's threatening my plans what require me to save up a minimum of a thousand bucks before Christmas this year. It's starting to piss me off something fierce.

I need the thousand to give to my mom to cover a months rent so she can spend her money to get caught up on other stuff for a change. She never has a problem paying for everything she needs to, but she always has less left over than she'd like afterward, and then Other poo poo happens and then she's got nothing.

The universe is getting in the way of me trying to be a good son and I'm getting tired of it.

E: also, new phone because the last one was on its last legs, and having to reteach autocorrect how to swear like a sailor is surprisingly annoying.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Sep 29, 2018

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My father-in-law, who is diabetic, hard of hearing and denying it, has congestive heart failure, and multiple myeloma(under control) is back in the hospital after getting sick again and getting dehydrated. For the last few months, since one shoulder and the opposite hip have been mostly weakened by previous bouts with cancer, he’s been having to sleep sitting upright. My mother-in-law, who is a saint, has been spending the past 8 years taking care of him since his diagnosis, since he refuses to let anyone come in and help. He’s also started buying ridiculous amounts of knives and guns and RC helicopters that he’s not able to use now, and won’t put in the effort in physical therapy to get stronger so he can use them.
I just wish my mother-in-law could enjoy her retirement. It was less than a month after she retired that he was diagnosed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
After several months away, my tinnitus has returned with a vengeance. I've had this high-pitched whining in my ears for most of the day now.

Sure would be nice to be able to hear myself thinking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Uhh, a youtuber I've watched for a few years has died. Wondered why there weren't any recent videos.

It hasn't made my day SUPER lovely or anything, but just kind of a bummer, man. We had some convos back and forth about battery and servo choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUtTm9be07c

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gvWVS-A2RDCwD4g4omcZusZvZGQ1-DQoN4mja7e_71Q/edit