Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
FFXV Pocket Edition is still such a bizarre decision to me.

Is there really a market that was asking for that product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

I said that about the clash of FF15, but that has been top 20 in money for over a year so

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I know it's not directly FF related but I guess Nobuo Uematsu has been working himself pretty hard and is taking a leave of absence:

Nobuo Uematsu posted:

To My Dearest Fans,

Since the establishment of Dog Ear Records, I have found myself blessed with countless opportunities. From composing new works to holding concerts around the world, my days have been hectic, yet fulfilling. The resulting fatigue, however, has finally caught up with me, and I find it mentally and physically difficult to go on at my current pace. After giving serious consideration to all options, I have decided to take an extended leave of absence and give my mind and body the time they need to properly mend. If I am to return, I want to do so in full health. Do not worry. Once I’ve made a full recovery, I’ll be back doing what I do best.

My current plan is to rest for the remainder of the year, and while I cannot commit to a method or time frame for my return, I’m very hopeful.

I deeply apologize for the burden this decision places upon both my fans and my clients, and hope that you can understand and support the path I have chosen.

I thank you all for your continued support and only ask that you are patient until I’m on my feet once again!

Nobuo Uematsu
Dog Ear Records Co., Ltd.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

mobile phone games are pretty big and final fantasy is an established name so while nobody was really clamoring for it per se it makes sense to make it if you think it will make money

i have no clue if it made money

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when’s new theatrhythm

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The newest theatrhythm in arcades uses a control scheme that I have no idea how they could possibly port to console tbh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What songs could they even add to a Theatrhythm sequel outside of some new XIV/XV stuff

Curtain Call already had like 250

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Help Im Alive posted:

What songs could they even add to a Theatrhythm sequel outside of some new XIV/XV stuff

FF14 has a poo poo load of original music

Also World of Final fantasy, and the main themes of their billion mobile themes

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also other SE games, which the CC DLC and arcade game showed they're totally fine with doing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also other SE games, which the CC DLC and arcade game showed they're totally fine with doing.

Nier Automata alone could shoulder like, a third of the justification for a new Theatrythm.

Also, don't forget the FFXV tie-in stuff. If the radio in XV is anything to go by, they've got a lot to offer, but damned if I know if any of it's good.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mobius has a really good original soundtrack for a mobile game and Record Keeper has produced a handful of kickin' rad arranges of songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfy3GqnaVTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5OSOeuag4w

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mystic Quest only has two loving songs, how about starting there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

plenty of room to add new mechanics in addition to new songs

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Mystic Quest only has two loving songs, how about starting there.

Pretty sure they were in CC along with Benjamin

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre saying in a new game you could have more than two

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, right. I'm very tired.

Perhaps we could get some songs from the hit sequel to Mystic Quest that was absolutely licensed by Square Enix

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The newest theatrhythm in arcades uses a control scheme that I have no idea how they could possibly port to console tbh

Thumbsticks for the swipes and shoulder buttons for taps/holds.

All-Star Carnival has 3 Automata songs listed on the website. http://www.jp.square-enix.com/t_ffac/#music_setitles
3 doesn't seem like nearly enough but it's more than the rest of the world is getting. :negative:

Also you can play as villains now so that's pretty neat.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Help Im Alive posted:

How much Crystal Chronicles music is in those games, cause that could bolster the content a bit

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

morallyobjected posted:

I know it's not directly FF related but I guess Nobuo Uematsu has been working himself pretty hard and is taking a leave of absence:

Is this the typically Japanese downplayed corporate-speak reserved for “I’m seriously ill/dying”? :ohdear:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Curtain Call had Seiken Densetsu 3 music but somehow didn't include Hightension Wire, smdh

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's okay, The Sacrifice Part 3 was more than good enough.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Alxprit posted:

That's okay, The Sacrifice Part 3 was more than good enough.

Sacrifice Part 3 is a loving amazing piece of music.

Really really want Seiken Densetsu 3 to be localized someday.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Our best bet is if they follow the FFA/Secret remakes up with a SD3 one. Doubt we’ll ever get an official English release for the original since the SD collection on Switch was never brought over.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mega64 posted:

Our best bet is if they follow the FFA/Secret remakes up with a SD3 one. Doubt we’ll ever get an official English release for the original since the SD collection on Switch was never brought over.

The greatest crime of all against one of the best games to come out for the Super Famicon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the last chapter (no spoilers) in 15 that I'm able to bum around the map in the car? I'm just starting chapter 6 and was wondering when I can start looking for the extra royal arms, or if I'm better off waiting til later on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You will always be able to go back to the open world, even if the way you do so is kind of silly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the last chapter (no spoilers) in 15 that I'm able to bum around the map in the car? I'm just starting chapter 6 and was wondering when I can start looking for the extra royal arms, or if I'm better off waiting til later on.

Not only can you always go back, some of the things you can do in the open world dont open up until you beat the game.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ah okay. I'll carry on then. Thanks!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Something Elentor said in the FF7 thread that is somehow still going on despite me thinking that it would last about ten pages and then be buried under the mountain of garbage threads made me realize that Aeris is in fact the BEST girl in FF7 and honestly it should have been TIfa who bito za dusto.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Gologle posted:

Something Elentor said in the FF7 thread that is somehow still going on despite me thinking that it would last about ten pages and then be buried under the mountain of garbage threads made me realize that Aeris is in fact the BEST girl in FF7 and honestly it should have been TIfa who bito za dusto.

I still think Aerith is the right one to die in that game, because she's the one outside of Cloud that you'd most think wouldn't, for both story and gameplay reasons; she's clearly heavily important to the main plot and has ongoing subplots at the time, and she's also the only dedicated healer and non-joke mage. You don't kill her, you kill anybody else!

It was down to her and Barrett in development, and Aerith was clearly the right choice out of those two.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cleretic posted:

I still think Aerith is the right one to die in that game, because she's the one outside of Cloud that you'd most think wouldn't, for both story and gameplay reasons; she's clearly heavily important to the main plot and has ongoing subplots at the time, and she's also the only dedicated healer and non-joke mage. You don't kill her, you kill anybody else!

It was down to her and Barrett in development, and Aerith was clearly the right choice out of those two.

As someone who never really played 7 beyond what the demo covers, how badly does that screw you from a gameplay perspective

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
It doesn't, you can shuffle materia around with no problems and FFVII is not that hard.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I see someone didn't make Aerith the muscle mage.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
white wind is better than anything aeris's limits can do that isn't making you invincible

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There's a dedicated FF7 thread?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

MarsDragon posted:

It doesn't, you can shuffle materia around with no problems and FFVII is not that hard.

Yeah, anybody can heal, so it's not that bad. It's just that the game trains you that Aerith is THE healer, her limits are basically all free healing and she's got good stats for it. I think you lose her equipped stuff when she dies, so that could hurt, but it's recoverable.

If you've played VI, imagine losing Terra.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That's a bad example, because Terra isn't really a healer nor is she even an important character in the story past FC. She is a completely optional character in WoR, that's how done her story is at that point.

EDIT: Rosa is literally THE example you want.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 26, 2018

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Nah, Rosa was basically "Cecil's girlfriend" from a plot perspective. Aerith has plenty of her own plot threads that didn't revolve around Cloud.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
His post wasn't about plot, he was emphasizing Aerix's aspect as a healer type, what with the limits and the stats. Rosa fits the healer type to a T, to the point where when you think of a White Mage, your mind immediately pictures 1. White Robe 2. Possibly blond hair 3. Bland waif. R. O. S. A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I picture mysterious Healing Ninja Minwu.