Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I can't wait for you to beat the game so I can see your reaction to the ending and if that affects your thoughts on the game.

i know about the actual end scene already and i'm really hoping it's not what i think it is

right now the events of the game are looking to be a tossup between Jimmy's attempts to let go of his guilt as he's dying from cancer, or his attempt to forgive himself and move on after his grandmother died from cancer. there's already way more evidence in favor of the latter - the spaceship where GRAMM-E resides has an EEG beeping in the background and everything about Jimmy's life has been permanently marked by her passing, especially being saddled with Lars - but there are also references to Jimmy being constantly tired, ashamed of his physical frailty and unable to get out of bed, so i'm still bracing for the cliche

the kid's self-esteem is clearly a wreck, though, and that comes across pretty well in how his family is characterized. buck is a bitter, dismissive rear end in a top hat because jimmy's in awe of his strength and ashamed of his own weakness, but that doesn't stop buck from curb-stomping anyone who actually threatens him. his dad is aloof and constantly speaking in made-up words because, again, jimmy's pride in his dad's intelligence is coupled with shame at his learning disability (though a few parts of the Shinryu Academy section hint the kid's really good with numbers). meanwhile his mom's an all-forgiving saint and lars is pathetic but dependable because they're jimmy's main pillars of support in his family, and that's not even getting into the horrorshow that johnathon was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/shaunfinney/status/1044036209511522304

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my guess at this early stage given how weird the writing is is that there's something the matter with Jimmy or something but that seems too easy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

my guess at this early stage given how weird the writing is is that there's something the matter with Jimmy or something but that seems too easy

set the game to Easy Mode, at the very least

the enemies quickly become romhack-hard and Easy mode ups the EXP and cash they drop too so it cuts way back on the grind

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

set the game to Easy Mode, at the very least

the enemies quickly become romhack-hard and Easy mode ups the EXP and cash they drop too so it cuts way back on the grind

can I do that if I've already begun the game?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can I do that if I've already begun the game?

yeah, it lets you switch freely back and forth

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Telltale missed out not licensing Xavier Renegade Angel

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Don't spoil the last season :mad:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I like this a lot.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
That video is fantastic

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seeing the Crash Bandicoot collection beat Mario to the punch probably

...in what way?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

haveblue posted:

Don't spoil the last season :mad:

rip final season

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Should’ve made an absurdist nonsense game, Telltale.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Should’ve made an absurdist nonsense game, Telltale.
they did, they were called sam and max seasons 1-3 and puzzle agent 1 and 2

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

the autistic girl in the walking dead season 2 is maybe the worst writing ive ever seen in any video game, ever. dad acting like autism is some impossible to explain malady handed down by elder gods, there being a way to 'save' her but then she dies three minutes later randomly for no reason, everyone acting like she's better off dead

in the actual show a traumatized little girl is executed because shes too messed up to take care for so it sounds par for the vourse

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

they did, they were called sam and max seasons 1-3 and puzzle agent 1 and 2

puzzle agent ftw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember hearing that puzzle agent 2 was not very good.

I played through the first game but most of what I remember is it kinda...idk, it felt like it was spinning its wheels until the end and then the ending just kinda happened.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i cant read

"perplexing slap
brah that's one mean slap"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember hearing that puzzle agent 2 was not very good.

I played through the first game but most of what I remember is it kinda...idk, it felt like it was spinning its wheels until the end and then the ending just kinda happened.
well it is good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hmmyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Someone please explain the joke to me, I'm tired and I think that is affecting my ability to understand things

I think it might me a boob joke but I don't know and I don't want to put more effort into getting my brain to function long enough to parse it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Someone please explain the joke to me, I'm tired and I think that is affecting my ability to understand things

I think it might me a boob joke but I don't know and I don't want to put more effort into getting my brain to function long enough to parse it

unless I'm missing something too it's just Bowsette acting intimidating cause she's bigger (like, taller and musclier, not bustier)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsMvZzV9hM&t=40s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense, I never saw that movie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense, I never saw that movie

u r dead 2 me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sorry :( I've never seen any of the Bale Batman films. I remember someone running a movie night I got to sit in one for the second one but I didn't really pay any attention to it so I'd might as well have not seen it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
why watch movies, when you can play video games

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bane memes have yet to get old for me, I’m glad they’re still kicking.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry :( I've never seen any of the Bale Batman films. I remember someone running a movie night I got to sit in one for the second one but I didn't really pay any attention to it so I'd might as well have not seen it.

I like Batman, but they are overrated and Dark Knight Rises is the worst one

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I am shocked to hear a Christopher Nolan movie is overrated. Just shocked I tell you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be the Citizen Kane of movies or something.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chumbler posted:

I thought Dark Knight Rises was supposed to be the Citizen Kane of movies or something.

That's The Dark Knight

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

chumbler posted:

It probably has the dumbest idea for the end of Batman I have ever seen, and I played Arkham Knight.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Turns out it was the Columbine of its time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Spider-Man 3 is fun and allows me to pretend like I'm playing the new Spider-Man because it's essentially the same game with much less polish and Tobey Maguire voice acting. Also there was a mission to stop the bad guys from stealing HOSTESS FRUIT PIES and that appeals to me in the best way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
every open world spider-man game is the new spider-man game with less polish

except spider-man 2, which is both the establishment for the series' formula and so rough and goofy in a way they've never matched since that it's basically its own game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Samuringa posted:

VideoGames was looking for a new avvy, right?

Thank you I resized it myself :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Thank you I resized it myself :D

Given up on WoW for a bit VG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Given up on WoW for a bit VG?

How can I say no to a cute Kirby? :D (I still like bumbling around Tirisfal, but my PC play time this last month and a half has been awful. Only maybe 2 or 3 evenings max. :( )

• Locked thread