Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Did they make the moon an environmental hazard? Noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Did they make the moon an environmental hazard? Noice

Assist trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6UZpKFJHks&t=113s

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Even better. Wonder if you will able to knock it out. Not sure if I remember but wasn’t it implied some are immune to be knocked off the stage? I could be remembering wrong though

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The first Nolan Batman movie was aight, but loses a lot of its luster by the fact that the other two came out and were better. Dark Knight Rises is a pretty fun romp but you can tell they were going for "what if TDK...but more!" and it ends up being bogged down by trying to shove way too much into its run-time.

The Dark Knight though I don't think is overrated at all. It's an extremely good movie buoyed by a couple great performances and I am happy to rewatch it whenever the urge strikes me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dark knight returns is only good for ledger's performance and rises is a plodding, fascism-boosting mess

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dark Knight is one of the best super hero flicks of all time.

Setup/world-building is already done
Hero vs his all-time biggest villain
No superfluous Extended Universe crap
One of the best performances of all time by Heath Ledger, who just steals the show

DKR def has a looooot of issues, and isn't that great of a follow up to TDK
Still a fun outing, but not as good as TDK

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ledger was really good and the movie as a whole is pretty good up until the two face stuff

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Only ding I have against TDK is Batman’s Cookie Monster voice. I tried to get use to it but when Rises shows up and he’s screaming WHERE IS THETRIGGGGERRRRRR I couldn’t keep a straight face and just laughed at that. Rises had quite a bit of issues. The last minute “twist” was lame and my god the performance was wooden as hell for that person. I only have a slight biased enjoying Rises because they at least portray Bane as smart and not the roid moron he is in the Arkham games (the fact it took the prequel to make him better was telling)

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 24, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think every comic book movie that goes over the universally accepted dumb movie limit of two hours should open with a statement by the director of how their vision was so great, so uncompromisingly interesting that they could not edit it down to 120 minutes like a normal person.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Only ding I have against TDK is Batman’s Cookie Monster voice. I tried to get use to it but when Rises shows up and he’s screaming WHERE IS THETRIGGGGERRRRRR I couldn’t keep a straight face and just laughed at that. Rises had quite a bit of issues. The last minute “twist” was lame and my god the performance was wooden as hell for that person.

Yeah I seriously hated that they shoe-horned Robin in for some reason. If you're never going to use that character again then don't loving introduce him. It seemed like they were just hoping movie-goers would have a brainless, Captain-America-meme "I got that reference!" moment and that would be enough.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

also dark knight has fultons so it’s official metal gear side story

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Cookie Monster voice

i wish i'd heard it described this way at release so that i could have stolen it for myself

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Anyone else really dislike in rpgs when running away can fail? I'd prefer it always work, and they ca make you drop cash or give the enemies a round first or whatever. It's not a huge deal but I'm always annoyed when I fail to escape multiple times in a row.

Related, I've made it to the post game of DQ11. It's still good. I think I've hit a point where I might actually have to focus on leveling/crafting for a bit before I can move forward.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I seriously hated that they shoe-horned Robin in for some reason. If you're never going to use that character again then don't loving introduce him. It seemed like they were just hoping movie-goers would have a brainless, Captain-America-meme "I got that reference!" moment and that would be enough.

I want to believe that was just DC being DC. I mean hell apparently there is going to be two separate Joker movies and it’s like what the hell. And keeping it in spoilers DC took the term reboot literally. I honestly thought Nolan was going hey Batman’s dead so how about we have Robin be the new Batman. Worked in the comics later. I did enjoy Batfleck but not the movies. Haha god that was bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DCU is a dumpster fire that needs to be rebooted, with Wonder Woman salvaged

They went wayyyyyyyy too quickly into the Team Up Movie, which was loving terrible on top, because they were chasing those MCU bucks

I did like the theory that they could reboot Leto Joker as broken from abuse Jason Todd, and have an ACTUAL Joker Vs Batman film

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Finally we know who Bowser Jr's mother is.

Although arguably this raises even more questions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just watch the opening scene, it owns, the rest is eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arty9MuqEg0

Edit: Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMPZ7WeDck

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 24, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Finally we know who Bowser Jr's mother is.

Although arguably this raises even more questions.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Apparently the Flash movie that's currently in development is titled Flashpoint now, and that's a DC comic book storyline in which the Flash goes back in time and changes history so everyone's story is rebooted (leading to that whole New 52 thing). They could easily have him go back to a time between World War 1 and the present so that every superhero's story is rebooted except Wonder Woman.

They're going to need to recast Superman and Batman anyway so they might as well do a full-on reboot while they're at it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:yikes:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Harrow posted:

Apparently the Flash movie that's currently in development is titled Flashpoint now, and that's a DC comic book storyline in which the Flash goes back in time and fucks up history so everyone's story is rebooted (leading to that whole New 52 thing). They could easily have him go back to a time between World War 1 and the present so that every superhero's story is rebooted except Wonder Woman.

They're going to need to recast Superman and Batman anyway so they might as well do a full-on reboot while they're at it.

Going to be super disappointed if they don't have a scene where a WB exec is about to rubber-stamp BvS and a powerful gust of wind and light causes it to be smacked out of his hand.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Has Hideaki Itsuno talked about actively wanting to make Dragon's Dogma 2 before? Because he drops that in this Eurogamer interview and god drat I hope Capcom lets him do that:

quote:

Are there any other games from your past you'd like to return to? I know you've spoken fondly about Dragon's Dogma.

Hideaki Itsuno: Yeah, just like Rival Schools - Dragon's Dogma 2, give me a way to make it now. If someone would let me, it's what I'd want to do. I already know what the story would be. It's just about convincing people to let me make it. So please bombard Capcom Europe!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-24-dante-returns-itsuno-on-devil-may-cry-5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also people rag on Hans Zimmer a lot these days but the Batman scores have some really strong themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Lo047gK0U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clndZD_beQA

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait people don’t like Zimmers stuff? Dudes makes some amazing tracks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Shindragon posted:

Wait people don’t like Zimmers stuff? Dudes makes some amazing tracks.

Zimmer was perfectly fine for the Batman soundtrack. I thought he was a bad mismatch for Blade Runner though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

Going to be super disappointed if they don't have a scene where a WB exec is about to rubber-stamp BvS and a powerful gust of wind and light causes it to be smacked out of his hand.

This sort of thing was one of my favourite moments in Deadpool II :D

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Infinitum posted:

They went wayyyyyyyy too quickly into the Team Up Movie, which was loving terrible on top, because they were chasing those MCU bucks

I did like the theory that they could reboot Leto Joker as broken from abuse Jason Todd, and have an ACTUAL Joker Vs Batman film

See I would love that idea because Frank Miller did that but it was terrible

al-azad
May 28, 2009

rises is extra weird because the joker is defeated through trust and compassion but in the sequel everyone is ready to eat each other because a masked weirdo interrupts a football game with a letter that could've been forged for all anyone knows.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Actually the Joker is defeated through warrantless wiretapping and the infinite surveillance state

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh wow that bane voice really is that bad

I legit thought I was listening to someone's fandub or something

also

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

VideoGames posted:

This sort of thing was one of my favourite moments in Deadpool II :D

The credits scenes in Deadpool 2 are some of the most feelgood ones ever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh wow that bane voice really is that bad

I legit thought I was listening to someone's fandub or something

It's the most bizarre thing that they didn't add any reverb or anything that makes it sound like it's actually a voice located in space instead of being laid onto the soundtrack, Darth Vader's voice never had that issue

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Maybe it is a noise cancelling megaphone?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
batman's a cop

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/Llyann/status/1043968179037327360

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Looper posted:

batman's a cop
He's also rich, so its time to eat the Batman.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This is now my favorite game dev anecdote

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I thought DKR was terrible, but at least it was trying something compared to Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and Justice League which were all movies about wandering around punching lackeys until you get to the biggest dude and then you punch them too. Went into WW with such high hopes too from all the praise it was getting, and instead I saw her jumping at randos in slow motion for two hours. It still gets a pass because it's about time a woman gets to star in a generic superhero beat-em-up, but I don't have high hopes for a sequel.

They don't need a reboot, they just need their writers to grow a pair and come up with an actual story.

Edit: oh yeah, video games are good, getting pumped for Hollow Knight Rises tomorrow!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Suicide Squad seems like the kind of film you'd get if you gave the people who make superhero cosplay trailers all the time a $200 million budget to create a feature-length movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think the Captain Marvel movie might be good

• Locked thread