Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

shirts and skins posted:

How is "having knee surgery" a point of confusion?? Is there any sense that he's otherwise hurt? Otherwise that's a weird thing to mess up.

I think he meant to type "minor knee injury" as Whitworth didn't play the last 3 snaps of the SD game, but typed surgery and set Rams twitter ablaze for 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Either SEA or the Rams are going to have one of those seasons where we get into the playoffs with a losing record and whoever does will also inexplicably lose to a completely decimated 49ers at some point.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I don't think the Rams are going to end up with a losing season

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't think the Rams are going to end up with a losing season

yeah even if the defense goes down a step with injuries it's still gonna be good as gently caress and the offense still pretty good. If the rams have a losing season then there was some sort of plane crash involved

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The only issue with the Rams from where I'm sitting is whether their current defensive injuries will cost them the #1 seed

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
You know things are great when

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1044293379343900672

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:lost:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rams are easily a top 5 team right now (arguably the best NFC team right now), and should have enough talent to overcome a few injuries during the season to starting players. They really do remind me of 2013 Seattle with a shutdown defense, manageable QB and excellent RB. They went through a streak where they were missing 2 of their 5 starting o-line for 3 games and went 2-1 during that stretch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That’s insane. Does he also have stats on (scoring drives)/(all drives) ? That has to be KC right?

In Seahawks news, turns out giving the good RB plenty of carries is good. What a discovery.

The Chiefs have a higher points per drive than the Rams, but it's pretty close. And the obvious difference between the two teams is one has a very good defense and the other has the worst defense in the league.

seiferguy posted:

I'm already preparing myself for an idiotic separation between Earl and Seattle.

In other thoughts:

- Rashaad Penny looks like poo, and has yet to meaningfully contribute and I already smell Christine Michael 2.0.
- Carson, on the other hand, is lookin good.
- Tre Flowers is still raw. Still not sure he's CB2 material.
- How did we manage 5 sacks on Dak?
- Somewhat related to the previous point, it's shocking how much different this team plays when Bobby Wagner is on the field.

Winning feels good. And I'm glad we beat Dallas. If this is ~lost season~ then I just want to make sure we beat Oakland to continue to show how dumb Gruden is.

Yeah Seattle really needed this win, and thankfully the Cowboys are so utterly dysfunctional that they make the Seahawks look like a balanced, stable team. Penny is a bust and was a massive reach just like literally everyone said, a shameful use of a first round pick but whatever, it's done with.

I didn't chart the sacks, but the D line performed adequately and since Dak apparently can't throw the ball and no one could get open for him that was more than enough. If I had to guess most of those sacks took a while to develop, effort sacks kind of instead of someone just owning a lineman and getting to the QB at the top of the drop. I mean the Cowboys couldn't pass the ball so sacks come pretty easy in that situation.

seiferguy posted:

Rams are easily a top 5 team right now (arguably the best NFC team right now), and should have enough talent to overcome a few injuries during the season to starting players. They really do remind me of 2013 Seattle with a shutdown defense, manageable QB and excellent RB. They went through a streak where they were missing 2 of their 5 starting o-line for 3 games and went 2-1 during that stretch.

Definitely. They're just shockingly consistent (that 6.9% three and out stat says it all) and they get good yardage almost every play, run or pass. Paired with the defense, and with the Vikings and the Packers suddenly looking lost, I think it's pretty clear that they are atop the NFC right now. Definitely if teams fail to get pressure on Goff they don't have a chance in hell at beating the Rams.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

The only issue with the Rams from where I'm sitting is whether their current defensive injuries will cost them the #1 seed

Marcus Peters is confirmed to only to have hurt his calf, out 2-4 weeks, still waiting on Talib. I hope Sam Shields is good enough still to fill in at #1 for a few weeks, I don't trust *Checks Notes* Troy Hill at all though.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1044301915604086785?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Marcus Peters is confirmed to only to have hurt his calf, out 2-4 weeks, still waiting on Talib. I hope Sam Shields is good enough still to fill in at #1 for a few weeks, I don't trust *Checks Notes* Troy Hill at all though.

Sam Shields has been playing really well this season, a great acquisition so far. One thing to worry about though is that he is an injury risk and is known for missing lots of time from concussions. I don't have anything to say about Troy Hill lol

Luckily I got over this last night because all you need to do is watch the clip and you know it's an ACL. The frustrating thing for me is that this happened because he was being asked to do way too much to keep the niners in the game. He was in the process of getting them back in it and was basically giving it his all and that's often when injuries like this happen. I was disappointed in the effort the team got from a lot of its players

Play fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 24, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Rams have a top offense by most advanced metrics, so things are going to be good for them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Either SEA or the Rams are going to have one of those seasons where we get into the playoffs with a losing record and whoever does will also inexplicably lose to a completely decimated 49ers at some point.

Uhh the Rams just fricaseed one of the most talented top to bottom rosters in the league. They have to be the odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl at this point, and I think they do it barring injury. Amazed at how good Goff looks too. Of course, it's September, so we'll see how things go as opposing teams adjust. But they're great, well coached, and get the benefit of much of their competition falling apart around them.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rosen is the starting qb

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Maybe the Cardinals can offer the 49ers a lightly used Sam Bradford

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

hifi posted:

rosen is the starting qb

heck, it's about dang time

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

shirts and skins posted:

Uhh the Rams just fricaseed one of the most talented top to bottom rosters in the league. They have to be the odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl at this point, and I think they do it barring injury. Amazed at how good Goff looks too. Of course, it's September, so we'll see how things go as opposing teams adjust. But they're great, well coached, and get the benefit of much of their competition falling apart around them.

no one should listen to any of my fb analysis at all hth

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

Sam Shields has been playing really well this season, a great acquisition so far. One thing to worry about though is that he is an injury risk and is known for missing lots of time from concussions. I don't have anything to say about Troy Hill lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams try and offer a 5th or a 6th for Kayvon Webster to get him back from the Texans.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

SourKraut posted:

Maybe the Cardinals can offer the 49ers a lightly used Sam Bradford

well gently caress you too buddy!

hifi posted:

rosen is the starting qb

For next week? Good. The only positive thing Bradford did was hit two wide open receivers on busted coverages. Everything else was missed throws, fumbles, interceptions, bad reads, etc. etc. etc. I don't even care if Rosen is good right away (or at all) just put him in because it can't be more painful to watch than that.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Play posted:

Luckily I got over this last night because all you need to do is watch the clip and you know it's an ACL. The frustrating thing for me is that this happened because he was being asked to do way too much to keep the niners in the game. He was in the process of getting them back in it and was basically giving it his all and that's often when injuries like this happen. I was disappointed in the effort the team got from a lot of its players

the 9ers had 1st & goal at the 4 on that drive and in the course of three plays they lost eight yards, lost eight yards again, and then lost Garoppolo

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

The real season is the playoffs!!!

PLAYOFFS FOOTBAW BABY

But yes they are posting terrifying numbers. And the rest of the division collapsing around them I think is the big data point.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dutchy posted:

the 9ers had 1st & goal at the 4 on that drive and in the course of three plays they lost eight yards, lost eight yards again, and then lost Garoppolo

Yeah that sounds about right, can you blame the man for feeling that he's got to go above and beyond to give his team a chance in that situation? It was also the end of a long, tiring game in the hot sun which is probably when injury risk is at its highest.

It just sucks. Another team is now borderline unwatchable

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I will always be a bit angry at Shanahan and Lynch for not being more aggressive in getting talent this year. They're overall doing a good job, but still.

When you luck into a franchise QB, maybe it's time to change your loving team development timeline, you god drat idiots.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Crossposting from the n/v thread but it sounds like Seattle got it's own Dan Shaugnessy in training:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/has-earl-thomas-considered-that-maybe-he-is-the-one-showing-disrespect/

Money quote:

Matt Calkins posted:

If I’m a truck driver working 60 hours a week just to feed and shelter my family, I’m not sure I’m wearing Thomas’ jersey anymore. And if I’m a Seahawk making a fraction of what the fifth-highest paid safety in the NFL is bringing in, I’m not sure I have a lot of empathy for Thomas’ frustration.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

I will always be a bit angry at Shanahan and Lynch for not being more aggressive in getting talent this year. They're overall doing a good job, but still.

When you luck into a franchise QB, maybe it's time to change your loving team development timeline, you god drat idiots.

Bright spot is that they should be in line for another top 10 pick if they roll with Beathard. Then maybe Lynch will open up the wallet next offseason for some quality FA's.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

seiferguy posted:

Crossposting from the n/v thread but it sounds like Seattle got it's own Dan Shaugnessy in training:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/has-earl-thomas-considered-that-maybe-he-is-the-one-showing-disrespect/

Money quote:

MMMM YUM YUM I LOVE SUCKING MANAGEMENT DIARRHEA THROUGH A STRAW LOWER MY WAGES PLEASE

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If you're a truck driver working 60 hours a week you should have your licence pulled for gross negligence and given a stern lecture about how you're of no benefit to your family dead, and it's unlikely the families of the victims killed by your sleep deprived rear end will think as highly of your hosed up "work ethic" as you do.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Shanahan says the ACL tear in JimmyG's knee looks pretty clean, with no other damage. So that's good.

Also threw a ton of shade at the refs and the Chief's defense :laugh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Shanahan says the ACL tear in JimmyG's knee looks pretty clean, with no other damage. So that's good.

Also threw a ton of shade at the refs and the Chief's defense :laugh:

I'm sorry is he somehow blaming the Chiefs' defense for his QB's idiotic decision to knock himself out for the season

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry is he somehow blaming the Chiefs' defense for his QB's idiotic decision to knock himself out for the season

I'd imagine he's just saying the Chiefs defense sucks, which it does. And that the refs suck, which they do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well yes. I was thinking he was throwing shade on the hit Stephen Nelson gave him which clearly came after the injury occurred.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Nah, the touchdown pass that was called back for offensive holding.

He said, basically, the game plan for the defense was to hold in the red zone every play, all game; that it was obvious they were coaching it and doing it, and you could see it on the tape in previous games. Called out the refs for allowing it, but then throwing a flag at an offensive player, “if you’re going to ignore it on one side, then you have to let them play,” in a nutshell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I 100% believe Sutton is utilizing the "they can't call holding EVERY time" defensive strategy.

Give us Earl Thomas, Seahawk fans. You know you could use the second rounder that we got for Marcus Peters. Maybe a conditional 5th.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/1044379088058646528

:ohdear:

DariusLikewise posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams try and offer a 5th or a 6th for Kayvon Webster to get him back from the Texans.

I'd be very OK with that.

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah the old man got his catches in, but if you take away that long touchdown in the 1st quarter the Chargers are just a bit over 300 yards, under 200 yards passing and only score 13 points. Put Greg Z. in there and take away the dumb Goff INT and Gurley's dumb fumble and this is a full-on blowout. The Rams were 4 plays away from just embarrassing the Chargers and I'm feeling pretty good right now.

True on all points, I just try not to look at the "what if" factor. Mistakes are going to happen to any football team.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

How is "having knee surgery" a point of confusion?? Is there any sense that he's otherwise hurt? Otherwise that's a weird thing to mess up.

https://twitter.com/awhitworth77/status/1044270620236627968

I don't know what the hell John Clayton was thinking.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1044364981255364608?s=19

This doesn't surprise me in the least but still, gently caress the Niners.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Nah, the touchdown pass that was called back for offensive holding.

He said, basically, the game plan for the defense was to hold in the red zone every play, all game; that it was obvious they were coaching it and doing it, and you could see it on the tape in previous games. Called out the refs for allowing it, but then throwing a flag at an offensive player, “if you’re going to ignore it on one side, then you have to let them play,” in a nutshell.

*hires a CB famous for getting away with murder at the line of scrimmage*

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/1044344229923762176

gently caress these coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benny the Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1044364981255364608?s=19

This doesn't surprise me in the least but still, gently caress the Niners.

Hmmm yes if we put Kaep in, our offensive scheme with our forgettable back up or god forbid atom Savage won’t be successful!!!