Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Sent a trade for Phillip Lindsay for my Goodwin after news started trickling out about Garropollo's ACL. It was accepted pretty soon after that.

Later that night, the guy (he's the commish), sent a message out saying:

"I watched Tiger all day and had no knowledge of my guy ejected and the other team quarterback going down. Feel misled."

It got vetoed today.

Ouch shouldnt have been vetoed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Sent a trade for Phillip Lindsay for my Goodwin after news started trickling out about Garropollo's ACL. It was accepted pretty soon after that.

"I watched Tiger all day and had no knowledge of my guy ejected and the other team quarterback going down. Feel misled."

It got vetoed today.

Wait, the commissioner vetoed the trade? gently caress that. gently caress him. Vetoes are for collusion, not to protect people from themselves.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress that. gently caress him. Vetoes are for collusion.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

89 posted:

It got vetoed today.

Did he veto it himself? Or was it league vote?

Either way, gently caress him, and potentially gently caress that league.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

why would you accept a trade midway through sunday games without knowing anything about what was happening in those games, jesus

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty cool how my last holdout on using kickers league (this is the last year) Bailey got me what zuerlein would’ve and I lose by 5

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So Baker is officially the starter.

Should I roll with him or Tannehill in the league where I just lost Handsome Jimmy?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd go with tannehill until Baker shows he can produce against a team that's prepared for him

Hell, based on season so far you should have been starting tannehill anyway

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Baker is the next mahomes, start immediately

go with tanny for now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

So Baker is officially the starter.

:cawg: Yes Tyrod got injured but he would've been benched if he hadn't

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Lot of decisions for next week. Cam on a bye so I can go with Flacco @ Pit this week or Mayfield @ Oak. Leaning Mayfield because I think he has a higher ceiling. Also, am I going to have to start Kerryon Johnson going forward?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'll say this: Landry is a must-start for me now.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Temper your expectations for Mayfield. The Browns O Line is still spectacularly bad. Although if your only other option is Flacco maybe you should start him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Landry should have been a must start in any >=0.5 PPR leagues already.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

I'll say this: Landry is a must-start for me now.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Landry should have been a must start in any >=0.5 PPR leagues already.

It was a tough decision for kiimo to put Landry in his starting lineup since his WR spots are taken up by Hill & Watkins and the Flex rotates between Ware, Sherman, & Conley

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

89 posted:

It got vetoed today.

That is some poo poo. Hopefully this isn't a money league, I would be livid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Handsome Jimmy is done with an ACL tear.

I can never keep a healthy QB.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brownhat posted:

Temper your expectations for Mayfield. The Browns O Line is still spectacularly bad. Although if your only other option is Flacco maybe you should start him.

Is it me or is this redzone record poo poo the stats guys are pushing not translating to much in terms of Flacco scoring FF points?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love how 89 made an underhanded trade offer and acts the victim lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

It was a tough decision for kiimo to put Landry in his starting lineup since his WR spots are taken up by Hill & Watkins and the Flex rotates between Ware, Sherman, & Conley

I WISH I had Hill!

But nah I started Hopkins, Ridley and Watkins over Landry. It was the smart decision right up until the second Baker walked on to the field.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I love how 89 made an underhanded trade offer and acts the victim lol

Yeah. Legal? Sure. lovely? That too.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

It got vetoed today.

What does Lindsay's ejection have to do with anything? What a crybaby.

Edit: Oh, maybe he's saying he looked at the production and saw Lindsay did nothing and assumed he sucks.

Wow what a whiny, bad fantasy football commissioner. Don't play in this league anymore.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Oh god, so with Jimmy G dead and Dak as my bench guy, am I waivering Flacco or Tannehill to try and stay alive?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

^burtle posted:

Oh god, so with Jimmy G dead and Dak as my bench guy, am I waivering Flacco or Tannehill to try and stay alive?

I'm going Tannehill first and then Baker second.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I would try Flacco @ Pitt and re-evaluate things on a weekly basis.

Dak has no value in a 1 QB league, so you can have Tannehill too if you want!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

^burtle posted:

Fannyhill

Ryan Tannehill’s last 11 starts:
W-L: 10-1
Comp Pct: 70.0%
Pass Yds: 2,410
TD-INT: 20-7

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

When you're scraping the barrel you take what you can get. At least the Dolphins are winning.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

^burtle posted:

I don't understand all the Tannehill hate. He'd have been a better start every week so far than Garoppolo or Dak. Flacco has been both higher and lower than Tanny but more consistent than any of the above overall (and he'd also have outscored either of your starters every week).

drat injuries forcing you to start better players :argh:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
As a Fitzgerald owner, he can’t do any worse with Rosen right? :)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

VietCampo posted:

As a Fitzgerald owner, he can’t do any worse with Rosen right? :)

No, but he could stay the same which would make him a bench player, at best.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Bell owner just offered me Bell for Conner straight up...

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Bell owner just offered me Bell for Conner straight up...

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I asked the Bell owner in our league if he'd rather have (assuming health and similar production):

10 weeks of James Conner at the beginning of the year

3-5 weeks of Leveon Bell at the end of the year/playoffs.

He chose the Bell side, obviously, but I don't think it's that cut and dried (and also depending on your RB situation otherwise). You've got to be able to make it to the playoffs first. Honestly, the best thing for all for fantasy would have Bell traded to another team. Now if you have Conner and Bell, then you've got a pretty kickass RB situation.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

If Conner is still playing as a stub RB when Bell comes back, why would the Steelers bench him?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's the trade value of Bell right now, if he was being traded for another RB?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Brownhat posted:

If Conner is still playing as a stub RB when Bell comes back, why would the Steelers bench him?

That was also a point of mine. Or at least it would be a timeshare.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
If/when Bell comes back the Steelers should split the workload between Conner and Bell like the Saints do with Ingram and Kamara.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

funny way to spell posted:

If/when Bell comes back the Steelers should split the workload between Conner and Bell like the Saints do with Ingram and Kamara.

This is most likely. If Conner continues performing well I don't think they'll just bench him. And I don't think Bell is going to take 25 carries a game when he comes back. He's said his priority is going into free agency without injury.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I just saw James Conner's hair for the first time and it has severely reduced his trade value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I just saw James Conner's hair for the first time and it has severely reduced his trade value.

:same: