Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

That's Scarlet Spider

Who is also basically The Amazing Legally Distinct Peter Parker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Samuringa posted:

That's Scarlet Spider

I think I liked his original costume better. The external web shooters were awesome.

Also what is this poo poo about talking to spiders?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

burial posted:

I think I liked his original costume better. The external web shooters were awesome.

Same question. I thought he was an exact clone of Peter, or did The Jackal mess up in the process and give Ben something extra?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This would have garnered a hearty chuckle a week ago. Now it gets :stonklol:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

burial posted:

there was literally an entire arc where Peter parker was infected by an alien spider queen with a parasite and then became a giant spider and then died and then gave birth to himself and the only thing that resulted was organic web shooting and the ability to talk to spiders. this was done solely to square comic book spiderman with movie spiderman who had organic web spraying.
this entire arc was never mentioned again in universe.

seriously, look it up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This is my favorite one of these bowsette things.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hihohe posted:

This is my favorite one of these bowsette things.

Nice.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Happy Tree Friends got its start on YouTube, right? Imagine trying to do that with how YouTube is now.

HTF is still on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?MondoMedia?

Or the direct link for anyone who wants to binge watch 126 videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19B0B5CCFEF1C0C9

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

burial posted:

That's a different Scarlet Spider. That's Kaine, who was originally an evil clone, then become a reluctant hero. Ben Reilly, the original Scarlet Spider, was a good clone they made evil a couple years ago. Not sure if he's been reformed yet.

Comic dumb.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

burial posted:

Well, I mean, I can talk to spiders. Almost everybody can. The trick is getting them to pay attention.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Chonk Aquatic

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

in awe

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I don't think I could eat a mochi with a face.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bored posted:

I don't think I could eat a mochi with a face.

Just turn it around.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Zil posted:

Just turn it around.

I don't think I could eat a mochi with an rear end.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nostradingus posted:

I don't think I could eat a mochi with an rear end.

Could you eat rear end with a mochi?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Ehh, If you break it down, it's really not.

The key word is "Sidekick".

Bowser and Peach are, and never been, Mario/luigi's "sidekick".

While Toad performs service for the plumbers, it is more at the bequest of Peach, as he ultimately serves her in an official capacity.

However, all of them are, indeed, ridable.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Ehh, If you break it down, it's really not.

The key word is "Sidekick".

Bowser and Peach are, and never been, Mario/luigi's "sidekick".

While Toad performs service for the plumbers, it is more at the bequest of Peach, as he ultimately serves her in an official capacity.

However, all of them are, indeed, ridable.

It's :stonk: because Trump's penis is a toad.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

That's Scarlet Spider

Wasn't there a comic where Peter confronts a criminal and threatens to summon spiders because the guy doesn't know any better?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jamesman posted:

Wasn't there a comic where Peter confronts a criminal and threatens to summon spiders because the guy doesn't know any better?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

That's a different Scarlet Spider. That's Kaine, who was originally an evil clone, then become a reluctant hero. Ben Reilly, the original Scarlet Spider, was a good clone they made evil a couple years ago. Not sure if he's been reformed yet.

Comic dumb.

OK yes, I was thinking of Ben Reilly. I loved Spidey as a kid/teen but stopped keeping up, well, right around/after the Spider-clone thing happened. I had no idea Reilly became evil or that Kaine was a thing. Maybe I made a mistake in not keeping up but on the other hand...

Rysithusiku posted:

there was literally an entire arc where Peter parker was infected by an alien spider queen with a parasite and then became a giant spider and then died and then gave birth to himself and the only thing that resulted was organic web shooting and the ability to talk to spiders. this was done solely to square comic book spiderman with movie spiderman who had organic web spraying.
this entire arc was never mentioned again in universe.

seriously, look it up.

Oh no. They made the comic books “square” with the movies? Why does something have to make me mildly sad EVERY SINGLE DAY? Why? Why would they do this?

Besesoth posted:

Well, I mean, I can talk to spiders. Almost everybody can. The trick is getting them to pay attention.

:golfclap: I assume you can also listen to them but not meaningfully understand what they’re trying to communicate.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

burial posted:

OK yes, I was thinking of Ben Reilly. I loved Spidey as a kid/teen but stopped keeping up, well, right around/after the Spider-clone thing happened. I had no idea Reilly became evil or that Kaine was a thing. Maybe I made a mistake in not keeping up but on the other hand...

Oh no. They made the comic books “square” with the movies? Why does something have to make me mildly sad EVERY SINGLE DAY? Why? Why would they do this?

:golfclap: I assume you can also listen to them but not meaningfully understand what they’re trying to communicate.

That Scarlet Spider run is pretty good btw, even if you don't know the characters. I never had heard of Kaine before either and it was still pretty fun, it's basically "Kaine quiere ser hardcore pero su amigos no lo dejam"

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Samuringa posted:

That Scarlet Spider run is pretty good btw, even if you don't know the characters. I never had heard of Kaine before either and it was still pretty fun, it's basically "Kaine quiere ser hardcore pero su amigos no lo dejam"

Just let me know where to begin and I’ll file this information away in my mind-box.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/commiecompost/status/1044343419932299264

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Like a blown out tire" my friend once described.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

burial posted:

Just let me know where to begin and I’ll file this information away in my mind-box.

Scarlet Spider(2012) #1 - 25

There was a short-lived sequel in New Warriors(2014) #1-12 but I haven't read it so I can't attest to its quality. Not a fan of team books.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If the Spider-Man you're reading ain't Gwen Stacy or Miles Morales, I feel bad for ya son.

I got 99 problems, but Peter Parker ain't one.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Samuringa posted:

There was a short-lived sequel in New Warriors(2014) #1-12 but I haven't read it so I can't attest to its quality. Not a fan of team books.

Yeah, I’m not (or wasn’t?) either, but l’ll check out that first thing if I ever get a chance.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

With "Minimum Carnage" that happens around the middle. I think I have it filed between Scarlet Spider volumes 2 and 3.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

If the Spider-Man you're reading ain't Gwen Stacy or Miles Morales, I feel bad for ya son.

I got 99 problems, but Peter Parker ain't one.

Kaine is just as cool as those guys.

He is just so angry at things.

burial posted:

Because more people watch movies than read comics and making them similar will attract movie viewers to read comics. In theory.

It's still happening now. Aquaman and Eric Killmonger in the new comics resemble Jason Momoa and Michael B Jordan respectively. Also there was that time Marvel tried to kill off mutants and replace them with Inhumans but it failed big time.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Because more people watch movies than read comics and making them similar will attract movie viewers to read comics. In theory.

I know, I know. I just don’t like it because the web shooters/web fluid were always like “check it out, Spider-man is smart!” and it doesn’t make any sense biologically for webs to come out of wrists or wherever they’re coming out of these days. :(

It’s fine. I’m old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010