Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Normal game of Euro Truck Sim 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/hn9GJni.mp4

makin my way downtown
rollin' fast
overpass
and I'm flyin'

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

Someone's janky rear end website keeps wanting me to install their cert on this page

Probably an ad, grab a shot of whatever site it's trying to install the cert for and stick that in the bad ad thread so it can get sorted out.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nah, it's a poster, they used their own image host. The domain matched their username I just forget who it was

e: dis post

Pile Of Garbage posted:

I managed to extract the audio from the video file:

*img removed*

I tried uploading this to Twitter but the audio got stripped off for some dumb reason.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 24, 2018

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Memento posted:

makin my way downtown
rollin' fast
overpass
and I'm flyin'

New Rubber remake looking good so far.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Memento posted:

makin my way downtown
rollin' fast
overpass
and I'm flyin'

and some say, that tire's still rollin' to this very day

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSbTaBl9KnA

Turns out rocket launchers are:

A. Hard to make function reliably with cheap firework rocket motors.

B. Unsafe to make recoilless if the rear end is pointed directly at your face.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/H8WGUbR.mp4

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Applesnots posted:

New Rubber remake looking good so far.

Well in fairness there was no direction to go but up. I can't believe I watched that entire movie.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Memento posted:

rolling tire

MIKE! YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Live action Static Shock is kind of going for a found footage thing, huh

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

🎶 I can show you the world...🎶

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Now that's windsurfing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-25/old-ammunition-explodes-after-being-collected-on-nsw-beach/10301674

World War II ammunition collected by a man at a Port Stephens beach has exploded and inflicted injuries on him and his four-year-old daughter.

The man was playing with the old ammunition he found, police said.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/1044388137949155328

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Synthbuttrange posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-25/old-ammunition-explodes-after-being-collected-on-nsw-beach/10301674

World War II ammunition collected by a man at a Port Stephens beach has exploded and inflicted injuries on him and his four-year-old daughter.

The man was playing with the old ammunition he found, police said.

I do not understand why people do this poo poo. I'm reading a book about the X-15 plane right now and it has a short section in it about a guy finding an old 88mm shell and keeping it around on his farm. Some time later he and another guy are working on a fence and they only have one hammer. So, guy goes looking for a suitable object to substitute for a hammer and starts hammering on the fencing nails with an old, unexploded artillery shell.
Of course it goes off, maiming both of them terribly.
Just....WHY? What about "use an old, unexploded shell as a hammer" seems like an idea worthy of consideration?

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT

TotalLossBrain posted:

I do not understand why people do this poo poo. I'm reading a book about the X-15 plane right now and it has a short section in it about a guy finding an old 88mm shell and keeping it around on his farm. Some time later he and another guy are working on a fence and they only have one hammer. So, guy goes looking for a suitable object to substitute for a hammer and starts hammering on the fencing nails with an old, unexploded artillery shell.
Just....WHY? What about "use an old, unexploded shell as a hammer" seems like an idea worthy of consideration?
I seem to recall a famous photo from the early to mid 2000s of some service members in the U.S. Marines or Army using a .50 caliber round as an impromptu hammer.

People do dumb poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Probably people who don't understand how bullets work. "This isn't in a gun/cannon, so it isn't going to go off." Even then, people should know that explosives aren't exactly stable and decades old explosives especially aren't going to be stable.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
but surely if it was going to explode it would have by now!!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TotalLossBrain posted:

Whatever happened to the dude who disassembled a WWI sea mine in his yard and was loving right the actual explosive?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Wasabi the J posted:

Whatever happened to the dude who disassembled a WWI sea mine in his yard and was loving right the actual explosive?

Probably a similar fate to the guy who messed with civil war mines.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Probably a similar fate to the guy who messed with civil war mines.
You still remember him so he just have made a pretty big impression.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/863938736437866501/pu/vid/638x360/PC07XB7QXVNJXUOb.mp4

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:perfect:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nice.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/9930t0/found_this_when_fishing_in_latvia_weighs_more/e4rt745/?context=3

quote:

The other mine that was found cost 30k eur to destroy. Looks like we saved the country some money.

Only now, 2 days later i can actually wrap my head around what happened and i'm super scared when i think about it.

W T F, i literally was chill for the most time while we were doing all of that.

This is my second birthday from now on. So lucky.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

lol that owns

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
No kidding.

and there was us, always saying that Redditors are dumb.

quote:

Your post indicates you may possibly be in possession of unexploded ordnance (UXO).
If this is not the case, ignore the remainder of this message, your post has not been removed.
If you're unsure, the first thing to do is LEAVE IT ALONE. Do not shake it, attempt to open it, or disturb it at all.
Next step would be to contact the proper authorities. If you're unsure who that is, call your local police or emergency number for instructions.
Please followup with an outcome regarding what was done with the object.
To others who are not OP: Any suggestion in this thread to open, shake, etc - disturb the object in any way - will result in a permanent ban.

quote:

Update:
I’m still alive, but taking this thing out of water, rolling it uphill and taking it apart must have been the most stupid thing i’ve ever done. Was pretty fun tho.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would you threaten remove the post? That's very :kingsley:. You leave that kind of thing up as a cautionary tale.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
This is my favorite part, after they know exactly what they have

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 25, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hell yeah motherfucker

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

They literally dotted the "i"s in their logo with the boring symbol...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Cichlidae posted:

They literally dotted the "i"s in their logo with the boring symbol...

Holy gently caress yeah tthey did!!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

These guys own and I wonder how many more things they've built that are waiting to fall down. No geotech for a bridge lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

UXO chat reminds me of the very OSHA RAF Fauld explosion.

quote:

The RAF Fauld explosion was a military accident which occurred at 11:11 am on Monday, 27 November 1944 at the RAF Fauld underground munitions storage depot. The RAF Fauld explosion was one of the largest non-nuclear explosions in history and the largest to occur on UK soil.

Between 3,500 and 4,000 tonnes of ordnance exploded—mostly comprising high explosive (HE)-filled bombs, but including a variety of other types of weapons and including 500 million rounds of rifle ammunition. The explosion crater with a depth of 300 feet (91 m) and 250 yards (230 m) across is still clearly visible just south of the village of Fauld, to the east of Hanbury in Staffordshire, England. It is now known as the Hanbury Crater. A nearby reservoir containing 450,000 cubic metres of water was obliterated in the incident, along with several buildings including a complete farm. Flooding caused by destruction of the reservoir added to the damage directly caused by the explosion.

In 1974, it was announced that the cause of the explosion was probably a site worker removing a detonator from a live bomb using a brass chisel rather than a wooden batten. An eyewitness testified that he had seen a worker using brass chisels in defiance of the strict regulations in force.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Senor P. posted:

I seem to recall a famous photo from the early to mid 2000s of some service members in the U.S. Marines or Army using a .50 caliber round as an impromptu hammer.

People do dumb poo poo.

lol i know for a fact that a servicemember lost several digits doing this in the year 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

sandoz posted:

lol i know for a fact that a servicemember lost several digits doing this in the year 2018
There's an official US Forces in Afghanistan safety poster showing what happens to your hand if you use a .50 caliber round as a hammer.