Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The chat is tame, but riot is pretty harsh about punishing any "guys, just surrender, it's over" type negative talk when the other 4 guys spent the entire game chainfeeding hyper carries

Those 4 are also the ones to report together because this jerk is trying to tell them they can't just single file into the 15/1/12 irelia or jax who has more gold then them combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I told this one before in my long post about clients but one of the people I boosted to Diamond was a girl who seemed super nice and never raged or even typed anything in chat until the moment she got Diamond.

She power-tripped and told a player with a female name to go cook her a sandwich or something among the lines.

She got permabanned for sexism with no recourse even though she claimed every sort of stuff to Riot like how she got hacked and what not and she was a whale in terms of spending a shitload on her account weekly.

So bonus points for Riot Brazil.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

linall posted:

What? Is League not free anymore?

you can get a fresh level 30 account for 10-15 bucks, so you can immediately start ranked again and dont have to do the terrible grind to level 30. Yes this is against the ToS but it's totally a thing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

the only BM i engage in now is when i get a kill i did absolutely nothing to earn i always type ADC advantage or whatever in all chat.

*flash ignites as Janna to kill someone that was at like 7 hp* /all 1v1 me

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
League is dumb man. Riot is a sexist rear end company

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
If anyone is curious what Riot support said:

quote:

Hey there Enigma89,

Thanks for writing in to us! In general, chat restrictions are meant to serve as both a minor penalty and a warning that if the behavior continues, more serious penalties can occur.

I can certainly empathize with how you might have felt during the match. I know I get really upset with teammates that I feel are under preforming and not pulling their weight. It especially tilts me when they spam ping or start flaming. So I'll for sure look into any players who were being negative during your match, but I won't be able to tell you what actions are taken against them because of privacy concerns.

That being said, you are responsible for you own actions and how you respond to negativity. At its core, the chat feature is supposed to be used for efficient communication or constructive criticism that is conducive to good team play. Some behaviors that can be penalized are: blaming others, name calling, calling out others on their performance, constantly arguing, spamming chat, telling others to shut up or yelling, taunting others, and even being passive aggressive.

Looking at your chat logs you were negative to players and you did call them names. I can see that in the beginning you were trying to be encouraging, but towards the end, your chat became more and more negative. I know that sucks because you were honor 5 before this penalty, but when it comes to honor, it's a marathon and not a sprint. We really do want players to be consistently positive or neutral in their games. Unfortunately, it does only take one game to lose all of the hard work that you put in. If you are interested, you can also read more about the penalty system here.

That being said, it is still possible for you to get back up to honor level 2 before the end of the season and claim your rewards. The grind will be rough, but you can for sure do it. I know that this wasn't the best of news, but with the context I've provided you, I'm confident you can avoid future penalties. If you have other questions or would like me to explain something more, please let me know. I'm here for you.

Sincerely,

Chocobro

Riot Games Player Support
Sona Main

Also I am streaming now if anyone wants to see a tilt-free & ward-free game.

https://www.twitch.tv/enigma89/

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Your inability to ward is not an endearing trait, please don't act like it is.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Enigma89 posted:

has a control ward in inventory, quit stream, reported

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Your mic is inaudible

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Erdricks posted:

has a control ward in inventory, quit stream, reported

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

As someone who feels the temptation to build CDR even on adc's, the deathcap rush offends me greatly.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

don't worry, here's the game that got chat restrict

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Prokhor posted:

...is this what being triggered feels like?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Prokhor posted:

Happens when you buy control wards

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Enigma89 posted:

Happens when you buy control wards

I did watch ur last match and u did extremely well good job friend

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
they changed ezreal? huh okay.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Tired Moritz posted:

they changed ezreal? huh okay.

All the champs that needed a change. This doesn't make sense to me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
70% of my allchat is just typing the word "Videogames" in responce to positive or negative feedback.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.19 maintenance is scheduled for Wednesday; you can get a patch note preview at S@20 (mobile warning: huge number of images). This is the Worlds patch, so there's no earthshattering changes. Several champs got some nice buffs, including J4, Kog'Maw, and anyone who uses Liandry's. Pyke and Thresh got some pretty big buffs, too; considering Pyke's already being played an absolute shitload by every professional support bootcamping in Korea, I'd say it's a good bet you'll see him show up a lot there.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

I made a stupid VOD review of Enigma89's game while the replay was still live so we can all share in the moment. I had to stop recording ~5 minutes from the end. What you miss is the enemy team taking two inhibitors and then losing Jax & Kassadin. At this point Jinx returns to base to heal and wait for a BF sword (not afk) while the rest of the team (4) go try to rush baron. Their dps is nowhere near close to rushing baron, they wipe, and lose.

Looking at the chat log again I don't it's really the language towards Jinx that resulted in the punishment. If you look how he talks to amumu (who if you watch the replay, had a ROUGH game) from a Riot perspective this is the type of thing that could encourage a person to not play the game again (e.g., "never come mid again," and "muting amumu , just surrender now , now vote fials, vote fails before 20 , now you have to wait longer").

Enigma, I think overall, your playstyle is still very much "I'm either going to get so huge on my own that we can't lose, or we're going to lose." I think this is very much why you have a resolute focus on getting dark seal which is very much a feast or famine item. I think you'll enjoy the game more and climb more effectively if you can really focus on how if you learn to play a different play-style, that is you want to be working as an effective member of the team-- not trying to 1v9. I think when you get this attitude you will try to learn better to fix poor habits (not dropping wards, not matching roams, etc.) because you're looking at the whole game and not just solo mid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wit2E6XsIIc

Enigma89 posted:

Enigma89 posted:
Pre Game Lobby: Enigma89: no
In Game: Enigma89: dman
Enigma89: that flash
Enigma89: nah its notover
Enigma89: just tha tflash screwed u
Enigma89: n Enigma89: we scale
Enigma89: chill out
Enigma89: i can almost blow him up on my own
Enigma89: im not ffing
Enigma89: im in promos
Enigma89: me?
Enigma89: i was at tower
Enigma89: what did u want me to do
Enigma89: you guys need to stop feeding
Enigma89: dude Enigma89: why did you ult
Enigma89: yo missed ur q
Enigma89: amumu never come mid again
Enigma89: please
Enigma89: this ist he one lane that doesnt need help
Enigma89: muting amumu
Enigma89: just surrender now
Enigma89: now vote fials
Enigma89: vote fails before 20
Enigma89: now you have to wait longer
Enigma89: we can win
Enigma89: amumu can u stop
Enigma89: just
Enigma89: stop iniatinng
Enigma89: just follow me thats it
Enigma89: amumu Enigma89: you dont undersatnd
Enigma89: YOU are the one that is feeding the most
Enigma89: you nee dto follow me
Enigma89: your decision making is terrible
Enigma89: i was trying to contest dragon and i had people near
Enigma89: ah ur muted again
Enigma89: im never gona hit gold 4
Enigma89: this sucks
Enigma89: ben stuck at g5 for so long
Enigma89: JINX
Enigma89: NEED U
Enigma89: JINX
Enigma89: loving jinx went afk [All
]Enigma89: i cant believe how useless this team is
Enigma89: jinx
Enigma89: you were afk
Enigma89: in the fountain
Enigma89: i saw u
Enigma89: yo uwere AFK
Enigma89: that wa sour chance
[All]Enigma89: me?
[All]Enigma89: dude
[All]Enigma89: i was 2 deaths
[All]Enigma89: while they were at 6
[All]Enigma89: They just have all given up
[All]Enigma89: im the onl yone stil trying
[All]Enigma89: so that number is inflated
[All]Enigma89: these guys wanted to ff at minute 8

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Those buffs look JUICY 👀

J4 and thresh buffs are gigantic, j4’s passive being lower makes his clear way safer. Random Khazix buffs as well. The kogmaw buffs are a bit subtle but will matter a lot in lane.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Pyke buff is minor, an execute threshold 50 HP higher that drifts back to what it currently is at higher levels.

The Thresh buff is loving huge and I have to imagine it’ll make him p/b calibre at Worlds unless the opposing team has a specific counter (Morg, etc). In solo queue, I can’t imagine high Elo Support players wanting to play anything else when it goes live.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

milkman dad posted:

I made a stupid VOD review

I watched this and throughly enjoyed it. Your commentary was fun, and I thought insightful. It's one thing to say "yes I bought a red ward and sold it, these things happen when you buy red wards" and another to see "I originally bought a red ward, went to lane with it, cleared one wave and backed and then didn't put the ward down for the rest of this video (atleast 12 minutes)"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kingcobweb posted:

The Pyke buff is minor, an execute threshold 50 HP higher that drifts back to what it currently is at higher levels.

The Thresh buff is loving huge and I have to imagine it’ll make him p/b calibre at Worlds unless the opposing team has a specific counter (Morg, etc). In solo queue, I can’t imagine high Elo Support players wanting to play anything else when it goes live.

I kind of disagree, when it comes to early game, 50 true damage on a base damage skill is quite a bit when you can consider you can apply it twice in bot lane, potentially three times with a jungler. That's a huge buff to his kill pressure since you can now pop people 50 hp sooner.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Enigma, here’s some feedback on the game I watched.

Positive: you had an amazing roam on bot lane that turned the game from, “mid lane is kind of ahead” into an FF15 where they would have had difficulty 5v1ing you. You identified that the enemies were low under their tower, that you had a good time to roam with flash, and you :siren: gave useful communication to your team about your exact plan :siren: . This is the kind of play that will make you climb fast as a mid main.

You bought a pink ward and defended it. Woohoo!

Negatives: your wave management is fairly poor. You 1v1 killed the Yasuo at level three (gj), but instead of shoving as hard as you could, you waited for your spell CDs and only used your autos to last-hit. You took so long pushing that Yasuo died, respawned, walked to lane, and you STILL didn’t have the wave at his tower. You were at half health, having used sums to kill him, and he easily got the return kill... AND two waves of CS that you helpfully slow-pushed just in time for him to take. All because you didn’t auto the wave enough!

At another time, you’re both in lane, wave is in the middle, you have more than enough HP to stay, and you went under your tower to recall. You lost a full wave of XP/CS from this awful recall, and you’re lucky it didn’t cost your bot lane a double kill, since he could have roamed. Back timings matter a lot. I’m guessing that poor back timings are a big reason your CS/min isn’t what it should be.

Your usage of yellow trinket is still embarrassing. You had two charges for absolutely ages, including times that you were sitting in mid doing nothing 1v0. Ward the other mid bush, or better yet, over the wall into their jungle. When you roamed bot, you could have dropped a yellow trinket in their jungle while you were there. What’s better than a successful mid roam? One that sets up future jungle invades.

You’re a talented player with a good grasp of your champ’s mechanics. The only thing standing between you and Plat (at LEAST) is changing your attitude from “how can I get ahead this game?” into “how can I help my team win?” You type stuff like, “I can kill Yasuo pretty easy now” like a lot of solo laners, but that’s not useful information, it’s just bragging. How about “jg if you show mid once we can take tower and drag”?

You’re in the center of the map. Winning mid isn’t enough, win the map. Use your earned advantages to set up invades with your jungler via wards you place, 4-man bot dives, etc.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I kind of disagree, when it comes to early game, 50 true damage on a base damage skill is quite a bit when you can consider you can apply it twice in bot lane, potentially three times with a jungler. That's a huge buff to his kill pressure since you can now pop people 50 hp sooner.

I’m reconsidering and I think you’re right.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Congrats on plat 1 by the way cobweb

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

kingcobweb posted:

Enigma, here’s some feedback on the game I watched.

Positive: you had an amazing roam on bot lane that turned the game from, “mid lane is kind of ahead” into an FF15 where they would have had difficulty 5v1ing you. You identified that the enemies were low under their tower, that you had a good time to roam with flash, and you :siren: gave useful communication to your team about your exact plan :siren: . This is the kind of play that will make you climb fast as a mid main.

You bought a pink ward and defended it. Woohoo!

Negatives: your wave management is fairly poor. You 1v1 killed the Yasuo at level three (gj), but instead of shoving as hard as you could, you waited for your spell CDs and only used your autos to last-hit. You took so long pushing that Yasuo died, respawned, walked to lane, and you STILL didn’t have the wave at his tower. You were at half health, having used sums to kill him, and he easily got the return kill... AND two waves of CS that you helpfully slow-pushed just in time for him to take. All because you didn’t auto the wave enough!

At another time, you’re both in lane, wave is in the middle, you have more than enough HP to stay, and you went under your tower to recall. You lost a full wave of XP/CS from this awful recall, and you’re lucky it didn’t cost your bot lane a double kill, since he could have roamed. Back timings matter a lot. I’m guessing that poor back timings are a big reason your CS/min isn’t what it should be.

Your usage of yellow trinket is still embarrassing. You had two charges for absolutely ages, including times that you were sitting in mid doing nothing 1v0. Ward the other mid bush, or better yet, over the wall into their jungle. When you roamed bot, you could have dropped a yellow trinket in their jungle while you were there. What’s better than a successful mid roam? One that sets up future jungle invades.

You’re a talented player with a good grasp of your champ’s mechanics. The only thing standing between you and Plat (at LEAST) is changing your attitude from “how can I get ahead this game?” into “how can I help my team win?” You type stuff like, “I can kill Yasuo pretty easy now” like a lot of solo laners, but that’s not useful information, it’s just bragging. How about “jg if you show mid once we can take tower and drag”?

You’re in the center of the map. Winning mid isn’t enough, win the map. Use your earned advantages to set up invades with your jungler via wards you place, 4-man bot dives, etc.

Thanks. I think with vlad (and Karthus), I sometimes forget about using autos because I basically just use spells so this is probably why I just go on auto pilot and am not shoving the waves hard enough.

milkman dad posted:

I made a stupid VOD review of Enigma89's game while the replay was still live so we can all share in the moment. I had to stop recording ~5 minutes from the end. What you miss is the enemy team taking two inhibitors and then losing Jax & Kassadin. At this point Jinx returns to base to heal and wait for a BF sword (not afk) while the rest of the team (4) go try to rush baron. Their dps is nowhere near close to rushing baron, they wipe, and lose.

Looking at the chat log again I don't it's really the language towards Jinx that resulted in the punishment. If you look how he talks to amumu (who if you watch the replay, had a ROUGH game) from a Riot perspective this is the type of thing that could encourage a person to not play the game again (e.g., "never come mid again," and "muting amumu , just surrender now , now vote fials, vote fails before 20 , now you have to wait longer").

Enigma, I think overall, your playstyle is still very much "I'm either going to get so huge on my own that we can't lose, or we're going to lose." I think this is very much why you have a resolute focus on getting dark seal which is very much a feast or famine item. I think you'll enjoy the game more and climb more effectively if you can really focus on how if you learn to play a different play-style, that is you want to be working as an effective member of the team-- not trying to 1v9. I think when you get this attitude you will try to learn better to fix poor habits (not dropping wards, not matching roams, etc.) because you're looking at the whole game and not just solo mid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wit2E6XsIIc

I just realized you made commentary on this so I appreciate it, I will watch it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Congrats on plat 1 by the way cobweb

Thanks! I’m taking 10 credits and working in a new store that’s opening tomorrow so it might take a while to climb higher. Weirdly, though, I seem to be climbing faster averaging two ranked games a day than when I played three times as much. Still want to one-up last season and hit D4, but I’m already starting to struggle in laning against D5 Support mains.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
AUTOS MATTER

https://youtu.be/N3nFOAP7FfU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kingcobweb posted:

Thanks! I’m taking 10 credits and working in a new store that’s opening tomorrow so it might take a while to climb higher. Weirdly, though, I seem to be climbing faster averaging two ranked games a day than when I played three times as much. Still want to one-up last season and hit D4, but I’m already starting to struggle in laning against D5 Support mains.

Ive been playing again, hit me up sometime.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm not sure I get the kha'zix buffs but w/e, it's a fun champ that I look forward to seeing constantly at Worlds.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'm gonna be the pedant and point out it's 50 damage on an execute threshold, and otherwise 50 physical.

Beyond that, I totally agree that 50 seems like a heck of a lot to add to threshold at rank 1 without even considering it could be applied more than once. Long live Pyke.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-819-notes

A whole lot of ??????????????????

cool cool

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Positional matchmaking is going live in norms!!! G A S P

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Mikujin posted:

I'm gonna be the pedant and point out it's 50 damage on an execute threshold, and otherwise 50 physical.

Beyond that, I totally agree that 50 seems like a heck of a lot to add to threshold at rank 1 without even considering it could be applied more than once. Long live Pyke.

At that point you lose the reset anyway, and denying the execute and reset is out of the the current scope of what we’re talking about since it’s more about counterplay than what is technically feasible, which is important when you can use teamwork to confirm those things. Players absolutely watch health bar numbers too at higher levels.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Competitive reaction to the Worlds patch:

Thresh is going to be nuts at worlds.

Kha'zix is going to be very popular, I love the J4 buffs but I'm not sure it shoves him into the meta in any meaningful way. J4 is still taken top sometimes as a counterpick and occasionally shows up in the jungle.He will be much better in soloqueue though.

I don't get the Pyke buff at all, they must be selling a lot of Pyke skins so they really want him to figure heavily in worlds, but he's just going to be 100% banned with this buff.

I don't really see Kog getting much play at worlds, I don't think this buff does much for him.

Could Elise and Jann sneak into the meta with their buffs? It's conceivable, but I doubt it. Elise maybe, Janna probably not but if that buff turns out really strong with aery maybe it could happen.

I guarantee we'll see some Darius at worlds.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
They could stand to bump Kog's ms 5 or 10 more. It's not like he'll have too much mobility.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
5 ms is a lot in lane. Tons of small free 1 aa for free trades are very dependant on the kind of micropositioning that 5 ms provides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3rQfRRGtk&feature=youtu.be&t=6m18s

gently caress off!!!