Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Gotcha. I wish GW would evolve on this. They have improved in so many other ways, it shouldn't be a stretch to just put out an app to let people build their armies for free like so many others do. In my case, it's actually keeping me from buying stuff, as I'm afraid of making purchases before I have a neat, working list in mind.

It's the glaring omission from GW otherwise getting its act together in the past two years.

That said, don't expect a free list builder. Maybe it'll be $1 a month. Maybe it'll be Warmachine/Hordes style pay per army for $10. It's a big investment to get an army builder up and running given all the rules that apply. And they have to make it flexible enough to survive things like GW imposing the "Rule of 3" in the last FAQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FAQ

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

richyp posted:

Cross-posting Mr Glowstick.

:perfect: I love the OSL.

Ordo Xenos Puritan, read: very very Radical nothing to see here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheBigAristotle posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FAQ

Hahaha you want a nice thing.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hahaha you want a nice thing.

I just want two things:

- Vindicator good

- Corvus Blackstar now with Machine Spirit InsideTM

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I want my elephant FAQ

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Did Forgeworld discontinue the Caestus Assault Ram?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tape two Stormwolves together.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's been defacto discontinued for at least a couple of years. Mold problems or something. Guess they finally took it off of the site.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Booley posted:

10 goons, 9 painted armies, lots of mad, a story in photos

Jimminy!

Mr. Glowstick and friends also looking really neat!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

It's been defacto discontinued for at least a couple of years. Mold problems or something. Guess they finally took it off of the site.

Riddled with defects?

Sounds more like an Incestus Assault Ram :rimshot:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm real excited for Orktober

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/24/24th-sept-this-week-kria-the-huntressfw-homepage-post-1/

Necron Super-Heavy reporting for duty:

:black101: Seraptek Heavy Construct :black101:

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Still steady working on my Death Guard bois. Still need to base him, but I'm pretty content with my Plague Surgeon:

Working on a Foul Blightspawn and another squad of Plague Marines now! One day, I'll take a picture of them all together.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Get pumped for 40k XCOM:

https://youtu.be/MwMW5ZkMqSE

Over an hour of gameplay with developer interview of Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

Get pumped for 40k XCOM:

https://youtu.be/MwMW5ZkMqSE

Over an hour of gameplay with developer interview of Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus.

Mod it into Necromunda.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
woah, the real news from that community post is the kicking new Escher model:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mod it into Necromunda.

Theres also a necromunda game by the mordheim people?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Tauranid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fashionly snort posted:

woah, the real news from that community post is the kicking new Escher model:

She is rad

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Still steady working on my Death Guard bois. Still need to base him, but I'm pretty content with my Plague Surgeon:

Working on a Foul Blightspawn and another squad of Plague Marines now! One day, I'll take a picture of them all together.

Nice work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Wait what.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

http://necromunda-underhivewars.com/en

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm real excited for Orktober

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I got the combo plasma guns and plasma guns from kromlech and the quality seems pretty good.

That's my story.

I really wish the various Space Marine boxes came with more arms that weren't actively holding something. I think between you like seven or eight different boxes I bought over the course of collecting Marines I might have had three arms in the lot that weren't meant to hold anything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh yeah that. A trailer so milquetoast I forgot it existed.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018

Eifert Posting posted:

I got the combo plasma guns and plasma guns from kromlech and the quality seems pretty good.

That's my story.

I really wish the various Space Marine boxes came with more arms that weren't actively holding something. I think between you like seven or eight different boxes I bought over the course of collecting Marines I might have had three arms in the lot that weren't meant to hold anything.

The intercessor box is nice about its arm selection. Lots of pointing, reloading, waving, all sorts of stuff.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I kind of want to arm my Auxiliary Grenade Launcher Primaris as full 'Heavies' like X-COM Launchers, and put a Bolt Rifle on their backs or w/e.

Any suggestions for a good part to consider achieving that? Third party would actually be good.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Deathwatch sprues have grenade launchers, dunno about price per bit or anything though

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 25, 2018

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Artum posted:

I tried to love the Mordheim PC game. Instead, I was pretty disappointed to *hear* that dev got the license to make Necromunda PC.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 25, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maneck posted:

I tried to love the Mordheim PC game. Instead, I was pretty disappointed to here that dev got the license to make Necromunda PC.

:same:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Xpost from the good thread:

Yo lemme know if you want a shirt of the same design but substantially lower cost than this one: https://shop.spreadshirt.com/40kBadcast/the+perfect+shirt+4+him-A110507209

We’ll be doing a group order from overseas.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Maneck posted:

I tried to love the Mordheim PC game. Instead, I was pretty disappointed to *hear* that dev got the license to make Necromunda PC.

Freaking same. Last time I tried it in beta the computers turn took 3+ minutes and you couldn’t skip to the culmination. You had to just sit and wait with a camera let your character until one of the enemies popped up in view of one of your dudes.

The blood bowl video game is good. Let them do everything.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m super excited that ostensibly 3 different factions are gonna get new models for their range in the coming months!

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
The Mordheim videogame is fun but has a lot of flaws that were never fixed, I really hope their Necomunda learns from it and improves on those points.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Mordheim game was amazingly bad in that it had no "look at the game like it's on a table" view.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
You know what I wouldn’t mind at all for at least one warhammer IP vidja game? No graphics, sprites or anything like that, not even lovely 1998 pixels. Just gimme some stop-motion video of regular plastic models moving across the screen, like in monopoly games. Represent all the movement like that. And when enemies fight, they slide base to base and otherwise are regular miniatures.

The maps? Actual GW scenery! Combat animations? Dice rolling over the combatants’ heads! The most I would want is little 2D graphics for shooting attacks, and maybe stuff like smoke and lights overlaid on the terrain. Save all the money that would have been spent on those things, and put in a super robust customization screen. Every single GW paint, useable on anyone in your roster.

Basically I want a single player, playable version of Vassal with extra stuff and a painting app.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Test fitting bits on a Titan leg. Think it needs more bling, other than a forward gun mount and LEDs in the windows?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Badablack posted:

You know what I wouldn’t mind at all for at least one warhammer IP vidja game? No graphics, sprites or anything like that, not even lovely 1998 pixels. Just gimme some stop-motion video of regular plastic models moving across the screen, like in monopoly games. Represent all the movement like that. And when enemies fight, they slide base to base and otherwise are regular miniatures.

The maps? Actual GW scenery! Combat animations? Dice rolling over the combatants’ heads! The most I would want is little 2D graphics for shooting attacks, and maybe stuff like smoke and lights overlaid on the terrain. Save all the money that would have been spent on those things, and put in a super robust customization screen. Every single GW paint, useable on anyone in your roster.

Basically I want a single player, playable version of Vassal with extra stuff and a painting app.

That sounds loving awful.

I hope they try and make good games instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
dawn of war 2.5 when.