Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

SD gonna vote for M's Talman. The party that could totally 100% not be considered a right-block party is doing a great job in underlining just how much of a right-block party they are.

Did you see SVTs questioning of Åkesson this time around?
It is relevant to your comment.

Also, SD specify Ms choice as speaker and not Alliansens even though it is the same person.
Who becomes speaker doesn’t matter so much, but rather gives indications on what is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
100% gonna have Alliansen cooperating with SD in the new government. Gotta lower taxes and privatize more things to Make Sweden Great Again.

I am almost willing to bet everyone on the right is so power hungry, it will be a M+KD government (gotta thank my second hand land lady's boyfriend for that insight). Accelerationism is real.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Jesus loving christ

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Dirk Pitt posted:

100% gonna have Alliansen cooperating with SD in the new government. Gotta lower taxes and privatize more things to Make Sweden Great Again.

I am almost willing to bet everyone on the right is so power hungry, it will be a M+KD government (gotta thank my second hand land lady's boyfriend for that insight). Accelerationism is real.

M, KD and SD are the definitions of opportunism in Swedish politics so yeah, It seems very likely to me too.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm glad I don't drink or I would be comatose by this point. :smithicide:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In less somber political news:

quote:

In the evening of 21 September, the SVT broadcast a Swedish News program which outrageously insulted China. The program leader Jesper Rönndahl made comments that amount to a gross insult to and vicious attack on China and the Chinese people. We strongly condemn it, and have lodged a strong protest to SVT.

The SVT program and Jesper Rönndahl spread and advocate racism and xenophobia outright, and openly provoke and instigate racial hatred and confrontation targeting at China and some other ethnic groups. The program also referred to a wrong map of China where China’s Taiwan province and some part of the Tibet region were missing, which severely infringes on China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. The program breaks the basic moral principles of mankind, and gravely challenges human conscience and is a serious violation of media professional ethics. To think that such things could happen in Sweden, an advocate of ethnic equality!

Relevant program staff from SVT argued that this is an entertainment program, an argument which is totally unacceptable and we firmly reject. We urge SVT and the program to immediately give an apology. We reserve the rights to take further actions.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is exactly what happened in Denmark. The racists went along with every liberal (haha, it really is tragic that they call themselves liberal and get away with it) suggestion to 'starve the beast', fight the unions, and to privatize everything within political reach - which btw have been a complete failure, since everything privatized 20 years ago is now not only more expensive (relative to inflation) but also have lower quality, is less reliable, and outside public control. As long as the liberals were willing to be racist enough, there is nothing Danish people's party didn't support no matter how much it hosed over middle and/or working class people.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revelation 2-13 posted:

This is exactly what happened in Denmark. The racists went along with every liberal (haha, it really is tragic that they call themselves liberal and get away with it) suggestion to 'starve the beast', fight the unions, and to privatize everything within political reach - which btw have been a complete failure, since everything privatized 20 years ago is now not only more expensive (relative to inflation) but also have lower quality, is less reliable, and outside public control. As long as the liberals were willing to be racist enough, there is nothing Danish people's party didn't support no matter how much it hosed over middle and/or working class people.

More than just playing along, Thulesen openly supported Vejlegården's owner during the conflict and around the same time, they also proposed legislation that would de facto abolish the right to strike. If their opponents had any brains they'd hammer on those issues.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
Kristerssons "Norlén is a great candidate, I don't see why everyone wouldn't vote for him", completely ignoring that the normal procedure has been broken, is so frustarating to watch. And I don't get why he doesn't get questioned on it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cakebaker posted:

Kristerssons "Norlén is a great candidate, I don't see why everyone wouldn't vote for him", completely ignoring that the normal procedure has been broken, is so frustarating to watch. And I don't get why he doesn't get questioned on it.

Because he’s more slick and handsome than Stefan. It’s all optics, honestly.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oh ffs regionreform why

whyyyyh

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Literally had a bunch of co-workers discussing the "breaking of praxis" which was Söder getting boned. Eerie silence when I pointed out that praxis also is to make the largest party talman.

kill me

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol, Daniel "Stokholm" Carlsen and members from his defunct nazi party got 30 days suspended for passing around "asylum spray" for self-defense (relabelled hair spray). Doubly funny because the government is in the process of legalising pepper spray for the public.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Sd + M + KD looks likely at this rate, either that or its reelectiontime

This speaker vote is just a play to make Löfven look bad. "Oh how he forced us to go to SD cause he didnt wanna support our bs government buhuhuhu", then C and L abstain from voting in every budget and KD+M move ahead with SD support.

KD + M + SD have more seats then S+MP+V, C and L stays out and parliament is a shitshow for 4 years, but it works. Somehow they will say that the alliance still exists.

Will be fun to watch Annie Lööf go full Pontius Pilate.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 24, 2018

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Retarded Goatee posted:

Literally had a bunch of co-workers discussing the "breaking of praxis" which was Söder getting boned. Eerie silence when I pointed out that praxis also is to make the largest party talman.

kill me

The so-called praxis was abandoned during the Alliansen days, since S didn’t have the speaker.
It is a stupid discussion.

And it is going to be even more stupid tomorrow after Löfven gets voted out.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
There is no chance the managerial and executive class will learn from this election. They'll bitch and moan in town hall/all-hands meetings in offices around Sweden, but at the end of the day, they'll get their tax cuts. Let this be a lesson to "moderate" Swedes. Vote Red, preferably V every time you get a chance.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

There is no chance the managerial and executive class will learn from this election. They'll bitch and moan in town hall/all-hands meetings in offices around Sweden, but at the end of the day, they'll get their tax cuts. Let this be a lesson to "moderate" Swedes. Vote Red, preferably V every time you get a chance.

Don't forget the middle- and upperclass will get theirs as well. ISK, ränteavdrag, elcykelbidrag, miljöbilsavdrag, solcellsbidrag and so on. All giving greater benefit the more money/equity one has.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

Which tax cuts?
Or to quote my CEO, for every 100k we would pay in bonus 70% would go to taxes and 30% to the employees.

Sweden is currently the country with the highest tax rate and increasing it further helps little.
It is like the electronic tax last year that ended up costing the state. Or the fact that tax income increased during Alliansen. There is an upper level on how much taxation you can do.

Also, the taxation from the current (45 min more) coalition have been stupid, since it affects poorer more than richer. Electronic tax, gas tax are all taxes that affect those with less money than more.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Surprise, this happened in Finland too. The racists went into government with the neoliberal parties, cut everything, lowered taxes, imposed punishments on the unemployed, and the racist party ended up fracturing into the super-racist party and the not-as-racist group. The super-racist party are now in opposition polling at 8% and not-as-racists are still in government with a third of the ministerial portfolios yet polling at less than 2%.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Cardiac posted:

Which tax cuts?
Or to quote my CEO, for every 100k we would pay in bonus 70% would go to taxes and 30% to the employees.

:thumbsup:

E: Also lol at you complaining with 690k+ yearly salary. Unless your boss is a lying sack of poo poo.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 25, 2018

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The "country with highest taxes" is the same stupid thing we hear in Denmark all the time. Especially from Team Saxobank, the complete and utter imbeciles, in the literal Ayn Rand resurrectionists, comedy-hour party, LA.

The actual tax rate is meaningless, when the people in the country have more disposable income than pretty much anywhere else in the world, and is consistently on the top 3 lists of the best places to start a business. I don't know how people are too stupid to realize this. I literally cannot believe people are actually that dumb. "Oh the tax rate, the tax rate", they whine and shriek, while on average having more money, iPads, iPhones, cars, fancy shoes, computers, watches, fancy coffee, as well as higher education, better health, are happier, are safer, than almost anywhere else in the world.

B...b.bbb.bbbbut the tax rate :qq:

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 25, 2018

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Rich people wouldn't whine about the tax rate if they were too busy not getting guillotined.

But I am also reminded of articles such as:
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/ekonomi/sveriges-storsta-bolag-nolltaxerar

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Having more money than the avarage don’t matter to these people. I mean it does, but that’s not their primary concern.

They just want more for less.

Now Stefan has been voted off as Statsminister.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 25, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

As a Swede. Raise my taxes please and take all that money and make the healthcare system better. I'll gladly pay a few extra percent.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
listen friends we all collectively decided that a high tax rate was preferable to gutting the company owner and hanging him from the roof

also shift taxes from income to capital

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Retarded Goatee posted:

listen friends we all collectively decided that a high tax rate was preferable to gutting the company owner and hanging him from the roof

I'm all for compromise, lower the taxes and start gutting.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

As a plus side, this means the dissolution of blockpolitics if KD and M abandon C and L....right?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any monthly income above SEK 35,000 is unseeming and gauche. Any monthly income above 50,000 should be taxed at 100%.

It would obviously be impossible to implement but morally, these are my genuine opinions.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Beeswax posted:

Any monthly income above SEK 35,000 is unseeming and gauche.

Hey now let's not say things we can't take back. As a working class proletariat craftsman I am one of you!

I'm but a humble painter.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Beeswax posted:

Any monthly income above SEK 35,000 is unseeming and gauche. Any monthly income above 50,000 should be taxed at 100%.

It would obviously be impossible to implement but morally, these are my genuine opinions.

I agree with the sentiment, but cost of living will have to be taken into account. In one of the major cities 35,000 will pay rent and a cup of coffee.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Swedes in general want a functioning, state-financed healthcare system.

They just don’t want to pay for it.

This is a illogical stance we must break once and for all before we can move on.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

Beeswax posted:

35k is barely enough for a decent dev with a civ ing straight outta university in crazytown stockholm

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I agree with the sentiment, but cost of living will have to be taken into account. In one of the major cities 35,000 will pay rent and a cup of coffee.

This is bullshit though.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Retarded Goatee posted:

35k is barely enough for a decent dev with a civ ing straight outta university in crazytown stockholm

Having lived in Stockholm for 5 years while studying/temping/being unemployed, this is absolutely not true.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

I'm all for compromise, lower the taxes and start gutting.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
What we really need is more austerity. It's the only way.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Lol this is plain wrong. Like I usually make 10000ish after taxes and have no problem living in gothenburg. Im a poor ofc.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
35k is like the median full time salary in Stockholm FWIW

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

KD is now officially open to work with SD.

Let's see how long Kristersson will be able to withstand the lure of Statsminister-titeln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Threadkiller Dog posted:

35k is like the median full time salary in Stockholm FWIW

Is it really? That sounds waaay high. The number I can find is 307k per year or 25.6k per month.