Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rad, thanks y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Can confirm that once you've done the Ace of Spades quest, it can pop from exotic engrams. I had one at 513 and the new one came at 520.

All I could do was laugh.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Alkarl posted:

Can confirm that once you've done the Ace of Spades quest, it can pop from exotic engrams. I had one at 513 and the new one came at 520.

All I could do was laugh.

You can also pull it from collections on your alts before they finish the quest.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Even on a pulse?
:blastu:

If assume so. I know it works with hand cannon at stupid range and on snipers because that's all I've tested tbh.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah all the quest exotics get added to the potential pool once you have them. Pretty weird decision.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Does anyone know if Melting Point stacks with the new Shattering Strike debuff?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Doorways.

Sometimes, we ignore them

Sometimes we guess what's behind them

and sometimes, you get FUCKIN' KILLED AROUND THE CORNER FROM ONE YOU GODDAMN P2P TRASH GAME

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah all the quest exotics get added to the potential pool once you have them. Pretty weird decision.

Not really because you can infuse up your existing exotic for free because it's the same item

If anything your owned exotics should drop with MORE frequency (but not instead of a new exotic ffs)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Not really because you can infuse up your existing exotic for free because it's the same item

If anything your owned exotics should drop with MORE frequency (but not instead of a new exotic ffs)

Yeah the 5k glimmer cost only is handy for armor. Less so for weapons.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Collect 10 Forsaken exotics cheevo is at 0.01%
Raid completion at 0.02%

:thunk:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I keep getting insanely good handcannon rolls, I have so many Dukes and Truths now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Collect 10 Forsaken exotics cheevo is at 0.01%
Raid completion at 0.02%

:thunk:

I like that it hints at more poo poo in the raid

I love bungie math more though

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Doorways.

and sometimes, you get FUCKIN' KILLED AROUND THE CORNER FROM ONE YOU GODDAMN P2P TRASH GAME

Yea, it sucks. Seems worse than Destiny 1 for me, so far. Then again, I am constantly getting set up in games with lots of people from Central/South America despite living in North America. Same thing happened in Destiny 1. I think it has something to do with the block of IPs my ISP currently uses previously being owned by a provider in Mexico.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/3p7FFMZ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WHuFWDb.gifv
only takes one scooter to take out a yellow bar

if you hit it
https://i.imgur.com/b5KGosl.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

duke is real good everyone

https://i.imgur.com/b8vCfs9.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/2pfrl6f.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

That thing does some work with rampage drat

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
112 lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Linear fusions are hit scan right?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
as near as i can tell they are

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

That thing does some work with rampage drat

Mine has opening shot and flared magwell too. Rasheed said it would be good but it was really loving good.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I SHOT THE TRAVELER t-shirts when?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Where do you get this Duke? I’ve never even heard of it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I kept a couple Duke rolls, maybe I should try 'em. Got one with Outlaw/Ricochet Rounds/Moving Target, got another with Outlaw/Rampage.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 25, 2018

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

I miss popping a 3oC in D1, farming Ultra Knight, and watching Exotics shoot out of his rear end like a string of anal beads being rip started like a lawn mower.

I used the dude at the end of one of the story missions where you could blow both of yourself with a rocket to reset it but with the engrams still on the ground

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I think my favorite gun gun for PVE is a right side of wrong with outlaw/rampage and the stability perks. You can reload so fast you can Lee rampage x3 rolling indefinitely, which is stronger than kill clip. I just wish I had a kinetic pulse that was identical so I could use the ikelos shotgun or whatever in the energy slot. Although, I think right side of wrong is better than Go Figure from the start.

The leviathan hand cannon is still the best hand cannon for many reasons.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah the ol draksis and chill

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Linear fusions are hit scan right?

They call them hit scan because when you get hit with a sleeper in Gambit you do a 360 and scan the room for the best place to throw your controller

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mikey-San posted:

I kept a couple Duke rolls...Outlaw/Rampage.

Uh, dude

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

truesight
drop mag
opening shot
snapshot
icarus mod
t10 mw for range

this thing is unreal

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
BOMBARDMENT

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've got a similar one with
Fastdraw/steadyhand/sureshot
Acc.rounds/tac.mag
Outlaw
Opening shot
Range masterwork

And I don't even use it because I'm all about these new guns baybey

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just found out starfire protocol and lunafaction both work with well of radiance. Lunafaction only works for half of the duration, but still. Gonna test to see if popping a rift for the second half fixes that for the second half until it maybe gets looked at.

I'm ready for reset today, the free raid chest and all the powerful rewards and weekly/daily poo poo has me playing all day again. Game fun.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

i haven’t pvp’ed much with it but it wrecks in gambit.

earlier tonight i had a Valakadyn drop with arrowhead, HCR, outlaw, kill clip, and stability MW. i pumped cores into it and plugged in a minor spec mod because yolo. it eats mobs and shits orbs. RATATATATAT*chk*RATATATATAT where did all the enemies go

it’s good to be excited about drops again.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

has me playing all day again

I had set my week up to be free to poopsock at reset today but some rear end in a top hat royally assed that up for me :argh:

Game fun, indeed. Keep living the dream, man.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
What’s the deal with the last escalation protocol chest that drops from the boss? I joined some pubbies last night and went from levels 1 through 7 and then the chest told me I needed some sort of encryption key? It’s like I didn’t get credit for doing it, unless the key to unlock the chest is a random drop in which case gently caress you bungo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Got an opening shot snapshot ib sniper

Only catch is the fixed scope, so the two other snapshot snipers I have may still be better not sure

I don't really use them outside comp though, why bother when I can use one of my ten insane sidearm rolls and kill apes all day :v:

(related, fix fusion scavenger damnit bungie, need to make more apes rage quit in comp with TIESTO)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Linx posted:

What’s the deal with the last escalation protocol chest that drops from the boss? I joined some pubbies last night and went from levels 1 through 7 and then the chest told me I needed some sort of encryption key? It’s like I didn’t get credit for doing it, unless the key to unlock the chest is a random drop in which case gently caress you bungo
you need to collect 7 key bits which drop from Heroic Adventures, Heroic Strikes, Nightfall Strikes, and the Raid or Raid Lairs. anna bray will make 7 of them into a blue key. That rare blue key will turn into a legendary purple encrypted key as you kill enemies (usually going through all 7 levels of EP will do this). that key opens the chest at the end of level 7

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46761 (scroll to bottom)

armor piece guaranteed with the key, but only a chance at the weapon

also i think it's only Mars heroic adventures that reward fragments (2 for each completion)

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 25, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not sure it would be humanly possible for them to have made Warmind more grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

I'm not sure it would be humanly possible for them to have made Warmind more grindy.

They could have made you have to do a billion strikes and public events for the weapons too like in Osiris.

Oh wait a minute, I see now