Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Frod which summoner guide on bg wiki is good? Does that first one work because it's concise and short and doesn't only list best in slot.

i don't read any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Do we have an LS synergist who can make the combatant and incanter's torques? Got all the pieces, but I never know how much to offer crafters for making them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I finished my Twashtar. I glow now. That's nifty.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I should be glowing soon, maybe even by today.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!

Shinjobi posted:

Also I finished my Twashtar. I glow now. That's nifty.

Congrats bro! I still haven't finished my Glavoid shells, I hate this poo poo

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

EllEssDee posted:

Congrats bro! I still haven't finished my Glavoid shells, I hate this poo poo

Afterglow'd my Mythic, got an Aeonic, my Empyrean is still at 85. Procs are dumb.

e: RIP 60 million gil.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 17, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

We're all popular on Asura. Every one of us.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

We're all popular on Asura. Every one of us.
RIP Boogerballs

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So is there a recommended way to uh...find a shortcut through the synergy grind? As a menu-based craft, I figure I'd need something special. Tracked down a lua or two, but their instructions aren't particularly clear.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i don’t have instructions but my buddy used this for synergy botting
https://github.com/matthamptonasic/Iocaine/tree/master/Iocaine%20Applications/Iocaine%202/Iocaine2/Synergy

you have to have the item felwells to replenish it. cause it trades the items.

he also said it was like paid but it worked fine without paying?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I think I still have Iocaine somewhere on my labtop. If I remember correctly it used to be paid, but I don't think it is anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am struggling to get a grip on the default controls, am I just stupid? Are there any recommended things I can do to tailor the controls to be more like a modern day traditional MMO? I tried playing this back in May but didn't have the time, I want to give it another go.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

star eater posted:

i don’t have instructions but my buddy used this for synergy botting
https://github.com/matthamptonasic/Iocaine/tree/master/Iocaine%20Applications/Iocaine%202/Iocaine2/Synergy

you have to have the item felwells to replenish it. cause it trades the items.

he also said it was like paid but it worked fine without paying?
This is what I used and yes you need to have fewell to replenish an element. I would suggest quickly powering up alchemy to make your own.

Stick with items that require earth fewell because that's easy to overcome if you're on RDM. Iocaine doesn't work nearly as well as exiled did, but the exiled guy is never ever coming back so this is a workable replacement. The paywall aspect is gone (dev made it open source--free), but you still need to get through the claimers. Click the X box enough through them and it'll let you use it as is.

I said come in! posted:

I am struggling to get a grip on the default controls, am I just stupid? Are there any recommended things I can do to tailor the controls to be more like a modern day traditional MMO? I tried playing this back in May but didn't have the time, I want to give it another go.
The key with this game is that it was originally designed to be played on a PS2 than ported to PC, so the best way to play it is with a USB PS2 controller IMO

If you're stuck in keyboard+Mouse, I hear compact settings is ideal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have a Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 controller, so I should be okay. Thank you! Do we have a Discord server I can join so I can ask questions?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I have a Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 controller, so I should be okay. Thank you! Do we have a Discord server I can join so I can ask questions?

No discord. Just get a pearl and ask. I'm usually on most days. Also I find it best to just ignore the mouse if you're using keyboard. I 3-4 box so controller doesn't really work well for me.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

No discord. Just get a pearl and ask. I'm usually on most days. Also I find it best to just ignore the mouse if you're using keyboard. I 3-4 box so controller doesn't really work well for me.
Don't listen to this jerk we have one now

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
i created a discord halfassedly. use it for questions and bringing in other goons

https://discord.gg/4bvQqR

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I said come in! posted:

In game go to Config > Misc 2 and do Compact 1 or 2. That gives it WASD.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
so how’s everyone feeling about the REMA augment process?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

star eater posted:

so how’s everyone feeling about the REMA augment process?

4 months of grinding jp or praying for a 3rd wave win. :suicide:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

4 months of grinding jp or praying for a 3rd wave win. :suicide:

Or a few attempts where you hit the boss around.

The general consensus on rema augs themselves range from angryposting to meh. The divergence weapons themselves have some interesting potentials (like smn!) But nothing too overwhelming.

Best ones so far seem to be rostam and draumstafir.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lmao that some dude was like 700 jp a week is like a full time job!!!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

frodnonnag posted:

Or a few attempts where you hit the boss around.

None of the jobs I have at wave 3 calibur do damage :/

Rostam looks amazing, I'm really looking forward to seeing crocea mors augments

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

4 months of grinding jp or paying for a 3rd wave win. :suicide:

Ftfy

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

It would make more sense if the third wave damage thing was "be in a group that did X damage" as opposed to "personally did X damage".

For all I know it is, though that would be uncharacteristically kind of the FF11 Development Intern.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i like to imagine the development team is one dude

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Vil posted:

It would make more sense if the third wave damage thing was "be in a group that did X damage" as opposed to "personally did X damage".

For all I know it is, though that would be uncharacteristically kind of the FF11 Development Intern.

it is that. any damage the group does counts.

and in RP from the mobs to push the augments it's any normal mob your group kills.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Any goons playing FFXI classic on Nasomi server?

I apparently hate myself since I have this undeniable urge to play it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

walruscat posted:

I tried it for a few hours and realized my brain is only broken enough to play retail. Not fully broke to go back to classic.

Be advised their install of ffxi totally fucks with your ability to play retail without some finagaling should you want to switch.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

walruscat posted:

I was on it til level 30 but it has a lot of serious problems I do not think will be solved

There's another server I was considering that has different policies and gives you a couple level 75 jobs / gil / equipment so you can jump right in and do endgame content with them, they have a core group. I'm sorta interested in it cus I've always wanted to explore the world of FFXI without getting owned at every turn.

Its called Nightbrood FFXI

http://nightbrood.freeforums.net/

just doesn't seem big enough, like...40 players to Nasomi's 1000

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Frog Act posted:

I was on it til level 30 but it has a lot of serious problems I do not think will be solved

There's another server I was considering that has different policies and gives you a couple level 75 jobs / gil / equipment so you can jump right in and do endgame content with them, they have a core group. I'm sorta interested in it cus I've always wanted to explore the world of FFXI without getting owned at every turn.

Its called Nightbrood FFXI

http://nightbrood.freeforums.net/

just doesn't seem big enough, like...40 players to Nasomi's 1000

This sounds interesting other than the 40 player part. Gonna check it out though, thanks.

Holyshoot posted:

I tried it for a few hours and realized my brain is only broken enough to play retail. Not fully broke to go back to classic.

Be advised their install of ffxi totally fucks with your ability to play retail without some finagaling should you want to switch.

I suspect i may realize the same thing but Im willing to test how broken brained I really am.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I tried playing Nasomi for a bit but its got some seriously weird poo poo. Like randomly spawning mobs in all kinds of places as a huge loving wyvern. The community is huge however.

I tried some other server called KupoFFXI which felt solid but just dissapeared one day last year.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Think I'm gonna keep playing till I hit 37 to see what the grouping and economy experience is like. I can give updates if anyone's interested. It looks like the try to fix bugs all the time, so maybe some of the past serious issues are gone. From what I read on the forum it seems the main issue is that sometimes when a nation takes over a zone it won't be possible for the new holder or previous holder to do supply runs. Along with PUP being totally broken.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

walruscat posted:

Think I'm gonna keep playing till I hit 37 to see what the grouping and economy experience is like. I can give updates if anyone's interested. It looks like the try to fix bugs all the time, so maybe some of the past serious issues are gone. From what I read on the forum it seems the main issue is that sometimes when a nation takes over a zone it won't be possible for the new holder or previous holder to do supply runs. Along with PUP being totally broken.

Oh yeah one thing I just remembered was half the time when my friend and I would zone together, we would be invisible to eachother. We would have to make sure after each zone were still visible, which got old quickly.

Also aside from the wyvern thing which bothers me the most, it seems like the server owner himself has a lot of drama associated with him which just makes me wary of the whole project.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
A private server owner having drama? Color me surprised.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Tanners posted:

Oh yeah one thing I just remembered was half the time when my friend and I would zone together, we would be invisible to eachother. We would have to make sure after each zone were still visible, which got old quickly.

Also aside from the wyvern thing which bothers me the most, it seems like the server owner himself has a lot of drama associated with him which just makes me wary of the whole project.

Will need to dig around and see what kinda drama nerd this guy is.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The wyverns are just because for whatever reason, they don't have the actual NMs in game so they replaced them all with wyverns and / or rabbits. Evidently Nightbrood has all of that working, so if anyone gives it a try, post about it here. They said just hop in the discord and ask for the level 75 stuff.

Actually, I've got time, if I wanted to just like explore the poo poo out of Vana'Diel and maybe do some lategame content what three classes at 75 would yall recommend? I always liked WHM, and that was my main class, so I was thinking WHM/BLM/BRD to 75, or maybe WHM/RDM/BRD or WHM/BRD/BST or something equally solo-friendly.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

You gotta have rdm or bst for solo and whatever subjobs you need for that. If you want to do endgame content and the pop is really low, you should see what classes they need.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Okay, the bug bit me and reactivated. Planning on working on Summoner, rather than just unlocking summons. Any guides that are up to date for leveling? Summoner 22 at the moment. Grinding out Blood Pact gains for Summoning Skill in Vulkrum Dunes.
Also Get Out shell is very quiet, is this still the active shell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kortel posted:

Okay, the bug bit me and reactivated. Planning on working on Summoner, rather than just unlocking summons. Any guides that are up to date for leveling? Summoner 22 at the moment. Grinding out Blood Pact gains for Summoning Skill in Vulkrum Dunes.
Also Get Out shell is very quiet, is this still the active shell?

Full of bots mainly. We have a discord if you got questions. Someone will need to post a invite link cause I'm on mobile. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fantastic_EXPs_and_Where_to_Find_Them
For leveling. Also do rov when you can. You got a big exp bonus for doing those missions.