Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Endorph posted:

he murdered their parents in the koopa succession wars and took them in as a form of repentance

He secretly had help from the Kremlings, making the war a part of the Great Ape War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm going to assume Peach spent most of her youth blackout drunk because when Bowser Jr. tells her she's his mom she accepts that as a possibility when usually one doesn't forget giving birth to a spiky turtle monster

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm going to assume Peach spent most of her youth blackout drunk because when Bowser Jr. tells her she's his mom she accepts that as a possibility when usually one doesn't forget giving birth to a spiky turtle monster

But it's canon in the smb universe that babies are delivered by stork.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Now you're all on every watch list ever invented, and some new ones they had to invent!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Today I got an email from an air force recruiter offering a med school scholarship for full tuition and a $2300 monthly stipend which sounds insanely good, but I also don't know about joining the military and am concerned about what sort of commitment they'd want after getting my doctorate. So that's what I've been mulling over today, how's everyone else doing?

With a doctorate you'd be going in as an officer (likely O3) and an officer in the air force does poo poo all. But yes, anything a recruiter promises you get it in writing signed and dated because those guys are sharks. My folks called the cops on an army recruiter in 2004 because the dude followed me home after school for a week.

The White Dragon posted:

the military often puts extremely hosed up fine print restrictions on... well, everything they promise you. i got a buddy who did his time in the navy and they promised him a free ride for college, and now that the time has come for him to cash in on it, it has been revealed that they're only paying for 18 months to get all the credits of a four year degree.

uncle scam is the biggest liar

I don't know what your buddy's situation is but the GI bill covers 36 months after 4 years service. To only get 18 means he served 2 years. He either expected full coverage from a 2 year enlistment or was one of the people who said "naw, I don't want to spend $1,200 for these benefits" in basic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Now you're all on every watch list ever invented, and some new ones they had to invent!

so there's definitely a thwomp spike up her butt in this picture

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

100 years watchlist!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

he murdered their parents in the koopa succession wars and took them in as a form of repentance

Taking in war orphans he created and having a son identical to him... Hmmmm...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

the thwomp spike also has a crown and is also a titty lady

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Sakurazuka posted:

I finished Shibuya Scramble and now I'm feeling the pain of playing a game with a bunch of secrets that there's nothing online about because no one else played it...

There’s actually a couple resources out there. To get all the endings though I had to google translate a Japanese guide to help me out. I got the platinum though, so it’s doable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yall acting like every US citizen isn't inherently on a watchlist with our friends the NSA.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
God drat it Frank I got another Code 80085. The Captain's gonna wanna hear about this one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

God drat it Frank I got another Code 80085. The Captain's gonna wanna hear about this one.

In the criminal justice system, erotic fantasy offenses are considered especially heinous. In New Donk City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Sexual Fictions Unit. These are their stories. :doink:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
So I asked my doctor friend about his stint in the army. He said that the recruiter also falsified his signature on amendments to his signing papers, and then the recruiter left the army so it was almost impossible for him to get anything contested or fixed. Real poo poo show.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Why would anyone that's not a nutjob or in absolute poverty ever join the Army, especially in a warmongering country like the US?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

pay, benefits, retirement money, actually pretty easy if you aren't in combat, travel, order, etc

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I want to help murder people from the sky, for Donald Trump

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

how do you eat an power

In Dragon Ball Z there's a race called Majins that can turn living creatures into candy in order to consume and absorb their power and that particular character from FighterZ is part Majin.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Why would anyone that's not a nutjob or in absolute poverty ever join the Army, especially in a warmongering country like the US?

there are a lot of nutjobs and poor people in America. Poor nutjobs are the scariest because they get out and become cops.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:\ Sorry, I know this is going to come across as being really whiny and dumb but I feel like I need to say it because it'll bother me if I don't.

Nutjob generally refers to mentally ill people. Unless your definition of a nutjob is specifically anybody who is violent and bad, please don't conflate the non-violent mentally ill with the violent mentally ill.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ciaphas posted:

Ok my last contribution to the bowsette thing is sharing this tweet

https://twitter.com/ivanpapiol/status/1044177081729523712

step on me

She should look like Jodariel from Pyre except not quite as grumpy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

if my brother has anything to say about it you come back from the air force a drunk, toxic, angry human being no matter who you are

i assume the same is generally true in most militaries and similar agencies

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Somebody give me a good title for a strategy game megathread, I'm poo poo at them

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

if my brother has anything to say about it you come back from the air force a drunk, toxic, angry human being no matter who you are

i assume the same is generally true in most militaries and similar agencies

this is just most us military people

source i was in the navy and was in a military family

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Luminous Cow posted:

Somebody give me a good title for a strategy game megathread, I'm poo poo at them

super mario sunshine speedrunning: sub-3 edition

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

oddium posted:

super mario sunshine speedrunning: sub-3 edition

ok thats a good start but let's work bowsette into it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Luminous Cow posted:

Strategy Game Megathread - I'm poo poo at them

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

Winner

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Luminous Cow posted:

ok thats a good start but let's work bowsette into it
operation find the "b" spot: the strategy games thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Luminous Cow posted:

When I've a smattering of elemental strategy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

In Dragon Ball Z there's a race called Majins that can turn living creatures into candy in order to consume and absorb their power and that particular character from FighterZ is part Majin.

well i thought the bowser stuff was the only fetish material i would experience today but welp

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i just found out that the space game with country music is getting a prequel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdJnSXZois

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Poniard posted:

i just found out that the space game with country music is getting a prequel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdJnSXZois

I thought this was going to be Phalanx

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I just thought to google my old AOL screenname and found an angelfire site listing me as a member of the Earthbound Gang.

Not a high ranking one though.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

well i thought the bowser stuff was the only fetish material i would experience today but welp

Kirby turns them into stars, how is this different

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869771

go post about strategy games you nerds

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

Kirby turns them into stars, how is this different

it's vore all the way down

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

they also did evil peach in thousand year door, which is a game that could use a rerelease

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Zas posted:

they also did evil peach in thousand year door, which is a game that could use a rerelease

Oh poo poo, paper Mario 1+2 rerelease on switch would loving rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
This is reminding me that the old strategy game thread title was something like “A battleship is no match for a well-fortified settler”

• Locked thread