Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Toona the Cat posted:

Let's be honest, this entire thread knew what I was thinking.

Getting your dick wet in some thot who likes lovely movies is not thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Gonna start standing for the flag again in honor of toona.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

some thot who likes lovely movies

Heck maybe don't even commit any adultery at all, if you can manage it.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Vox Nihili posted:

Woah there cowboy, let's not get too crazy.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Vox Nihili posted:

Hey there mr morality police. Don’t kink shame.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Vox Nihili posted:

Get with the times, relationship anarchy is the new it.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Had my interview. They're interviewing 10, calling back four for another round on Monday, and then making offers to two. Didn't get to discuss bagels or the performing arts, but apparently nobody else had said my answer for "what are your strengths?" I said my ability to grind away at a task.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Whitlam posted:

Had my interview. They're interviewing 10, calling back four for another round on Monday, and then making offers to two. Didn't get to discuss bagels or the performing arts, but apparently nobody else had said my answer for "what are your strengths?" I said my ability to grind away at a task.

I just love work. I also hate time off. Coincidentally, I suffer from this weird condition where if I stop working for too long, I die. Another thing I love is the pursuit of excellence in all things.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

I just love work. I also hate time off. Coincidentally, I suffer from this weird condition where if I stop working for too long, I die. Another thing I love is the pursuit of excellence in all things.

My main weakness is perfectionism and being overly meticulous in attention to detail while meticulously triple-checking every detail that needs my undivided attention to detail, which is also a detail

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Whitlam posted:

You should have said your ability to lose your gag reflex when partners spell your name correctly.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Nice piece of fish posted:

You should have said your ability to lose your gag reflex when partners spell your name correctly.

"Turn you weak gag reflex into your greatest strength."

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Whitlam posted:

Good luck? But that’s a pretty terrible answer.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is always the desert, friend.

Hashtag, desert law.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

ActusRhesus posted:

Good luck? But that’s a pretty terrible answer.

Meh. She liked it and I think that and the corresponding weakness part are pretty terrible questions, so we'll see if I get a call back. If I don't, I guess I'll just have to find a new way to develop and subsequently ignore mental health and addiction issues.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is a better answer?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Something that isn’t boilerplate.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Weakness: handwriting
Strength: punctuality

gently caress you if you those are boilerplate because they are 100% true and I will be at the party door prior to the official time waiting for the clock to tick over so I can ring the doorbell at exactly the first second

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
The basic point can be boilerplate, the part that matters is how you explain it, especially for the weaknesses one.

If the only answer I can think of is too generic I start with a joke answer

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I was always taught if you have to give a boilerplate answer that you should refer to a thesaurus before hand. So "hard-working" becomes "enthusiastic worker." "Undeveloped people skills" becomes "unique attitude."

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Observant becomes "jew sensing" etc etc.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
My biggest weakness is answering stupid gateway questions too honestly.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Observant becomes "jew sensing" etc etc.

Jewdar

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

interviewer: where do you see yourself in five years
me: my biggest weakness is not listening

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the standard not obviously bullshitting but also not hurting yourself at all answer is that your weakness is the specific experience you would not be expected to have yet, will not need to be hired at the job you're applying for, but will be needed to advance in that job

e.g. if you are interviewing as a midlevel associate: your weakness is business development. you've focused on being a good lawyer but have not yet had time to develop your business development chops, and aim to work on that in the coming years. if you are interviewing at another job, whatever experience the people working that job are developing if they want to be the boss. managing people is another handy one, because nobody is expected to have developed an ability to manage people well at most entry-level or midlevel jobs, but you need to develop it to advance.

this both avoids revealing anything disqualifying; avoids seeming like a kavanaugh-esque nitwit by telling obvious lies; and helps you by showing that not only do you want the job you want to excel in it and advance in it, and know what you will need to work on

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
my biggest weakness is probably the uncontrolled syphilis raging like a wildfire through the crumbling ruin of my brain

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

personally my biggest weakness is my need to read and post on the internet during working hours

sorry, what were you saying, someone was being wrong on the internet

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

evilweasel posted:

personally my biggest weakness is my need to read and post on the internet during working hours

sorry, what were you saying, someone was being wrong on the internet

Hell, same. I post way too much, as most goons will agree.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

evilweasel posted:

personally my biggest weakness is my deeply codependent relationship with the Trump thread
readin between the lines

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
At the interview today I said my biggest weakness coming into the job was going to be the specifics of the legal aspect, but since it's a part of a standard bureaucracy, there is plenty of written documentation in the form of statute, regulation, and previous decisions to lean on to learn. Thankfully this job is more of a managerial job, so my 12 years of management experience come more into play than my knowledge of the law in this particular area.

It was the fastest interview I've had, but everything seemed to go pretty well.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
In less than two years my posting has accomplished more than almost any posting in the history of this thread…so true

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Soothing Vapors posted:

my biggest weakness is probably the uncontrolled syphilis raging like a wildfire through the crumbling ruin of my brain

Lol

Soothing Vapors posted:

readin between the lines

Also lol

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Loled

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Yes this one was good too

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
My biggest weakness is my quads. I keep skipping leg day to work on legal research.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
My current employers cannot say enough good things about me. No person would be better for this job.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
My biggest weakness? No room for improvement, I'm a Bodhisattva

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Well when you’re as good at arguing about THE LAW as I am everyone seems to think you’re a dick.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

That letter with 65 female signers attesting to his character was prepped and waiting.

“We don’t whitewash it either, Morty. The justices are really rapey.”

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 27, 2018

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Please tell me yall saw the latest better call Saul because holy lol that poor prosecutor

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Holy poo poo there's a new season of Better Call Saul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

gently caress I just realized I /almost/ won an award named after avanetti in law school. A good friend won it instead. =(