Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
When I was in I loved pointing out to jackasses who talked about the "war of Northern aggression" and "the south will rise again" that the army that they're currently in is the one that crushed that poo poo, so maybe don't go around saying that you're willing to be a traitor.

On the same tangent, pointing out to a dude in the current Union uniform inspired class A's the irony of having a big confederate flag on his truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

In any other timeline, getting rid of the concept of dual sovereignty by enforcing the Bill of Rights' double jeopardy provision would be the better decision.
(It's still the better long-term decision, but we don't do those anymore.)

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Love that victory wine.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That Works posted:

TWF your president is a literal laughing stock of the world.

Hey hey hey.... if we're broadcasting this to space he might be the laughing stock of the galaxy given enough time

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hey hey hey.... if we're broadcasting this to space he might be the laughing stock of the galaxy given enough time

This is why aliens wouldn’t invade us. They probably think they’d catch it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So, the GOP hired a female Prosecutor who specializes in Sexual Assault as Special Counsel to the Judiciary Committee.

Instead of calling her a Prosecutor or Special Counsel, McConnell called her a "Female Assistant"

Jesus, these people are dense

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

boop the snoot posted:

This is why aliens wouldn’t invade us. They probably think they’d catch it.

lmao aliens invade and we defeat them by teaching them racism

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

So, the GOP hired a female Prosecutor who specializes in Sexual Assault as Special Counsel to the Judiciary Committee.

Instead of calling her a Prosecutor or Special Counsel, McConnell called her a "Female Assistant"

I mean that seems at least consistent with every other thing they do.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol they hired her to fetch coffee

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol they hired her to fetch coffee

She's just there to sit down look pretty and pretend she's interested in their viewpoints if anyone asks

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CommieGIR posted:

FEE-maaale

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:females:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nothing wrong with using female as an adjective. It’s only weird as a noun.

You could try feminine or womanly I guess but that’d probably be worse

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I wonder if that's what he actually calls her. Like that's how he addresses her. I don't know if I want to know the answer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/indivis_Nville/status/1044360813618876417

funeral scout

Fallom posted:

Nothing wrong with using female as an adjective. It’s only weird as a noun.

You could try feminine or womanly I guess but that’d probably be worse

How about just "assistant" or more appropriately "committee special prosecutor"

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 26, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

E: that was an oops

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

What is this, a billboard for ants?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Looks like Alabama.?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

How about just "assistant" or more appropriately "committee special prosecutor"

“GOP stooge” would also work

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

SimonCat posted:

Looks like Alabama.?
Close, Mississippi.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fallom posted:

"Running-dog lackey to the Trumpite Clique" was too long for business cards, I guess?

Also, is "running-dog" hyphenated?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

That goes on the internal email signature.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I honestly thought this was upstate New York, near Buffalo. I could have sworn I've seen that building on the way to the airport.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
An old colleague of mine works as a tech in a prestigious-ish Atlanta children's hospital.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Work can have 20% of my paycheck but I'm only working 32 hours a week with absolutely no exceptions.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Kavanaugh submitted his actual calendar from 1982 (why did he have this???) as evidence to senate judiciary: https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1044920829514010624

don't worry guys, no sexual assaults penciled in here, he's innocent!!!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

jerman999 posted:

Kavanaugh submitted his actual calendar from 1982 (why did he have this???) as evidence to senate judiciary: https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1044920829514010624

...why would you keep that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
gently caress you I am a hoarder and will keep everything.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BigDave posted:

We're talking high-powered, hyper-fancy, ultra-private schools here.

He's white as gently caress.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

BigDave posted:

Mothers keep everything.

Source: my mother has kept everything

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So I am in texas.

I was ok with beto o'rourke until this.

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1044585907204976642

This is the proper response.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1044924827801448454

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You know how you solve that problem?

You take little bits of stuff when you visit mom, be all, "taking this for the kids/memories/blah", drive to a dumpster and throw the poo poo away. Unless your parents are so white and rich that they can add an expansion onto the house for all the keepsakes, don't let them live walled in by junk.

My brother, father, and grandmother are hoarders. The only reason my grandma doesn't hoard anymore is because she's in an alzheimer's unit. Brother and father both have a storage locker or two apiece full of poo poo. Don't be a hoarder.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

jerman999 posted:

It says right there: "beach week."

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BigDave posted:

To prove you didn’t rape anyone

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/YouGovUS/status/1044938588532723713

Half of Americans are terrible

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/elizabethdrewoh/status/1044800618819465221?s=21

:yikes:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Because he's a prep school idiot who thinks high school was way more important than it actually was.

In our public school yearbooks we got a quote each for senior pictures. Possibly a short list of what activities you did. I can't remember. None of this rich kid full page spread of stupid poo poo that rich kids think is important.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

post your high school yearbook quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwUk19cWarI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't even remember if I got a yearbook quote, just wearing a velvety black shirt and getting my acne photoshopped out for my senior portrait

• Locked thread