Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

coinboy beebop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

gary oldmans diary posted:

Google to allow certain cryptocurrency ads in US, Japan
Alphabet Inc's Google has joined Facebook in ending a ban on advertisements for cryptocurrencies, CNBC reported on Tuesday.

lol they got enough market share that it's profitable for them to manipulate it now

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

mp5 posted:

coinboy beebop

You're gonna HODL that weight...

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Harveygod posted:

You're gonna HODL that weight...

Angels blockchained from heaven have no choice but to become devils

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

mp5 posted:

coinboy beebop

Spike dies.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
animecoin. each animecoin backed by 1 anime

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Boku no Picoin.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mp5 posted:

cosbycoin beebop

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mp5 posted:

coinboy beebop

Remember the Woolong Device

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

jimmyjams posted:

animecoin. each animecoin backed by 1 anime

This is real and an accurate description of the coin.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://twitter.com/buttcoin/status/508011498623758336

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
animechain technology

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Global standard for cryptocurrency anti-money laundering to be agreed

The global anti-money laundering task force has said it is closer to establishing a worldwide set of standards to apply to virtual currencies. The president of the Financial Action Task Force, Marshall Billingslea, said he is optimistic that at its plenary, due in October, the FATF will agree a series of standards that will close the anti-money laundering “gaps” that all nations face.

“It is essential that we establish a global set of standards that are applied in a uniform manner,” he added.

Financial Times Article was behind paywall, here is the free version: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s732/sh/f5bc146f-c5d2-4c21-8002-2ddb843cec22/5c401e2cf0ccde3ab699c998cb999327

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Lmao

Watch BTC plummet

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

BTC is buttressed by faith and the conviction of billions millions a bunch of people!

and the tether money printer

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Actually, this is good for bitcoin

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
one-panch-man-coin

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

Google to allow certain cryptocurrency ads in US, Japan
Alphabet Inc's Google has joined Facebook in ending a ban on advertisements for cryptocurrencies, CNBC reported on Tuesday.

I like to think the bans were because all their super genius engineers lost their shirts to the scam and the tech giants needed them back in their pods cranking out code without distractions.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

U.S. Judge Sides With CFTC on Virtual Currency Oversight
A federal judge said on Wednesday that virtual currencies meet the definition of a commodity and fall within the jurisdiction of the U.S. derivatives regulator, allowing the agency to pursue fraud allegations against My Big Coin Pay Inc.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/09/26/business/26reuters-usa-cftc-bitcoin.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"Hey dad.? Just calling to say I'm gonna win the million baby! Bricstring final answer gently caress FUCKFUCK

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Risc1911 posted:

A federal judge said on Wednesday that virtual currencies meet the definition of a commodity and fall within the jurisdiction of the U.S. derivatives regulator, allowing the agency to pursue fraud allegations against My Big Coin Pay Inc.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018/09/26/business/26reuters-usa-cftc-bitcoin.html

If My Big Coin Pay Inc can be regulated really are any of us safe?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brickstring is what happened after I ate a two pound oven roast without taking off the binding string.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

qkkl posted:

Brickstring is what happened after I ate a two pound oven roast without taking off the binding string.

If you use psyllium husk powder in every meal you don't even need the roast

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Risc1911 posted:

Lol

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
shitcoin

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

This Trader Shorted Bitcoin to $5,950 on CNBC, Bitcoin Price Now at $6,500
Scott Nations, the president and chief investment officer of NationsShares, a division of Fortress Trading, shorted Bitcoin through the Cboe futures market live on CNBC on September 26. Since then, the price of Bitcoin has slightly increased to $6,500.

“I want to be a seller of the October contract. The Cboe Bitcoin futures, that is a single Bitcoin in a futures contract. My targeted downside is $5,950 and my stop to the upside is $6,600. Why do I want to short? Because it is Bitcoin. It has no fundamental value. We’re in an unravelling of this collosal bubble and the only thing going for it is hope, and hope is a horrible strategy,” Scott said.

https://www.ccn.com/this-trader-shorted-bitcoin-to-5950-on-cnbc-bitcoin-price-now-at-6500/

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Actually hope is a cornerstone of mental illness and substance abuse recovery. I'm saying buy bitcorns.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Risc1911 posted:

This Trader Shorted Bitcoin to $5,950 on CNBC, Bitcoin Price Now at $6,500
Scott Nations, the president and chief investment officer of NationsShares, a division of Fortress Trading, shorted Bitcoin through the Cboe futures market live on CNBC on September 26. Since then, the price of Bitcoin has slightly increased to $6,500.

“I want to be a seller of the October contract. The Cboe Bitcoin futures, that is a single Bitcoin in a futures contract. My targeted downside is $5,950 and my stop to the upside is $6,600. Why do I want to short? Because it is Bitcoin. It has no fundamental value. We’re in an unravelling of this collosal bubble and the only thing going for it is hope, and hope is a horrible strategy,” Scott said.

https://www.ccn.com/this-trader-shorted-bitcoin-to-5950-on-cnbc-bitcoin-price-now-at-6500/

Actually the only thing going for it is billions in fake dollars swinging the pendulum whichever way wipes out the most dumb money :ssh:

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

SEC, CFTC Charge Bitcoin Futures Firm 1Broker With Securities Law Violations
The SEC announced in a press release that it filed charges against 1pool Ltd., also known as 1Broker, as well as its CEO Patrick Brunner for selling security-based swaps to U.S. and international investors without following proper "discretionary investment thresholds." Notably, investors could only purchase these swaps with bitcoin, according to the claims.

The SEC is further claiming that 1Broker was not registered a "security-based swaps dealer" and "failed to transact its security-based swaps on a registered national exchange."

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-cftc-charge-bitcoin-futures-firm-1broker-with-securities-law-violations/

The end of crypto is near, i told you so :smug:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

i'd never heard of this and tbh just swooped into the thread to make the pun but wow I have been given a gift, thanks

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Tether’s bank said to be ‘desperate’ for cash
Noble may be looking for funding while Tether traders unsuccessfully try to unload large amounts of the coin

https://modernconsensus.com/cryptocurrencies/tether/noble-funding-cash-tether/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it wasn't smart to have so much of bit coin's value tied up in tether. this is good for btc

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Risc1911 posted:

Tether’s bank said to be ‘desperate’ for cash
Noble may be looking for funding while Tether traders unsuccessfully try to unload large amounts of the coin

https://modernconsensus.com/cryptocurrencies/tether/noble-funding-cash-tether/

Time to release Tether-XP and trade them for Tether at a 2:1 rate.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Risc1911 posted:

SEC, CFTC Charge Bitcoin Futures Firm 1Broker With Securities Law Violations
The SEC announced in a press release that it filed charges against 1pool Ltd., also known as 1Broker, as well as its CEO Patrick Brunner for selling security-based swaps to U.S. and international investors without following proper "discretionary investment thresholds." Notably, investors could only purchase these swaps with bitcoin, according to the claims.

The SEC is further claiming that 1Broker was not registered a "security-based swaps dealer" and "failed to transact its security-based swaps on a registered national exchange."

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-cftc-charge-bitcoin-futures-firm-1broker-with-securities-law-violations/

The end of crypto is near, i told you so :smug:

is tuurd miester ok?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The White Dragon posted:

it wasn't smart to have so much of bit coin's value tied up in tether. this is good for btc

it wasn't smart to have so much of bitcoin's money in bitcoin

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

is tuurd miester ok?

tuur demeester's bitcoin company is in bulgaria

if he moved there and got naturalized, would you say he'd be a tuurd bulgar?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mp5 posted:

i'd never heard of this and tbh just swooped into the thread to make the pun but wow I have been given a gift, thanks

A pursuit I respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Time to invest in bumbleclot coins