Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I know thinking isn't really involved at any point of this process, but I am flummoxed that someone stuck the fetish crown on Boo and failed to name it Boo-oobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Prolly because Queen Boo rose to prominency through japan, where the pun doesn't work.

Chev fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 26, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Japanese gamenerds can pun in three languages at once, they could've found a way

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's worth understanding, though, that that whole memewave precisely didn't just resonate with gamenerds, it became what it is now because it reaches beyond that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

“It was all a dream/simulation” strikes again.

you start the game in a field of clouds outside the main character's house, it asks you to get onboard with the "all just a dream" thing from the beginning

what grinds my gear is making it a dream where the main's just going to die at the end. i could deal with all the game's events just happening in some sort of mindscape as a quest for self-actualization, because this poor kid's self-image is clearly in the toilet. but no, i guess it's all just some subconscious purge of an eight-year old's hangups as he gasps out his last alone in a hospital room. if this thing ends with a flatlining heart monitor i'll be more cross than a garden lattice

i'm still going through it because the individual setpieces are just that good but i want to know what the hell the developer was thinking when he spent all this time and craft on something only to have it built toward such a miserable cliche

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

it was all a dream because it was just the tutorial :getin:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got some flu bug or something that made me feel achy all over yesterday, and once I got home from work I spent a solid 12 hours in bed. Today I'm feeling a little better but I can't stop sweating, and I can't stay home from work because I just started this ArcGIS training that will last the rest of week. Just gonna stew in my juices and hope for the best. I'm only here bitching because last night I threw away a whole evening worth of gaming and that's time I'll never get back.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I got some flu bug or something that made me feel achy all over yesterday, and once I got home from work I spent a solid 12 hours in bed. Today I'm feeling a little better but I can't stop sweating, and I can't stay home from work because I just started this ArcGIS training that will last the rest of week. Just gonna stew in my juices and hope for the best. I'm only here bitching because last night I threw away a whole evening worth of gaming and that's time I'll never get back.

What ArcGIS training are you receiving? I'm curious because my life revolves around ArcMap and rocks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LawfulWaffle posted:

Iast night I threw away a whole evening worth of gaming and that's time I'll never get back.

I'm sorry for your loss friend LawfulWaffle :(

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't read the spoilers for Jimmy but I almost definitely know what they say because the nature of the first hour makes it so plain

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wildtortilla posted:

What ArcGIS training are you receiving? I'm curious because my life revolves around ArcMap and rocks.

I don't know if it's a specific type of focused training, but my company is using it to chart homelessness issues and ways we can use the Survey123 tool to chart where concentrations of homeless people or those soon to be homeless are and how we can better connect them with the (dwindling, always being cut) resources that might help. I think it's super interesting and I'm excited to learn a new tool, but after the training I'll be more of a tech support role than a data processing one. We're using ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, and Survey123 so far. A lot of the training is talking through what information we need to get from the people we serve and how we can use that information on the backend.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1044757107822616576

Ron Perlman confirmed for Palico

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

reaching the end of jimmy & the pulsating mass

jimmy is clearly in a hospital bed, this fuckin game is really going to pull the "dying cancer dream" twist on me god drat it

Well that explains the title I guess

Oh god please let this be as trashy and stupid and entertaining as it has the potential to be

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ron Purrrlman

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
at least it's not like MH has a story to ruin. But what weapon do you think Ron Perlman will use? I'm hoping hunting horn. Someone better use the drat hunting horn.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If it's just a movie where some people show up in a place, there are big monsters, and they spend 90 minutes fighting bigger and bigger monsters and in the end they wear the monsters' skins for clothing, it'll be extremely faithful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you'd think that after 30 years of adapting video games into some truly heinous flops the movie industry would know not to touch that particular burner on the stove anymore

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

and I guess the circle is now complete

FirstAidKite posted:

:\ Sorry, I know this is going to come across as being really whiny and dumb but I feel like I need to say it because it'll bother me if I don't.

Nutjob generally refers to mentally ill people. Unless your definition of a nutjob is specifically anybody who is violent and bad, please don't conflate the non-violent mentally ill with the violent mentally ill.

My bad, I often see it used as "people who love guns too much" and didn't really think of the others afflictions.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't know if it's a specific type of focused training, but my company is using it to chart homelessness issues and ways we can use the Survey123 tool to chart where concentrations of homeless people or those soon to be homeless are and how we can better connect them with the (dwindling, always being cut) resources that might help. I think it's super interesting and I'm excited to learn a new tool, but after the training I'll be more of a tech support role than a data processing one. We're using ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, and Survey123 so far. A lot of the training is talking through what information we need to get from the people we serve and how we can use that information on the backend.

Sounds cool! I haven't had a chance to use ArcGIS Onine or Survey123, although I see them constantly in every newsletter I receive.

I hope you learn a lot!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But who the hell is Ettelucard

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i can't believe this is what broke the dam

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Wanna see Ron Perlman throw a dung bomb into a cgi dragon face

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
what do you guys think the next Big Meme will be??

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I saw the leak and next month's meme is 'hat with pockets' but I don't know what the gently caress that means.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

big memette

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

hope the next one has a big focus on asses instead

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's moths

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MechaSeinfeld posted:

:hmmyes:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
@cheeta7071

You're the Atelier gal, are any of these worth?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Phantasium posted:

it's moths

that's pretty cool too

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phantasium posted:

it's moths

moths are cool & cute

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I am a boob man personally but I aint gonna turn away no nice asses so bring it on.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wake me up when bowsette ends (pronounce the ette as et-uh to make it fit the meter)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sony is going to allow cross play

https://kotaku.com/sony-is-finally-allowing-cross-play-on-the-ps4-1829326043

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

It was not by my hand that I was once again given breasts! I was drawn here by perverts who wish to see me naked.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 26, 2018

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

This actually happened sooner than I expected

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is actually impressive. Goodness.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did anybody turn Dennis hopper into a bimbo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Big Meme doesn't want you to know

Candidate X is in bed with Big Meme

Big Meme is putting fluoride in the water; head for the hills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Big meme to talk about it
I could stand to prove

• Locked thread